G410 irons...took the leap

bamagolf

They arrived today. I hope to put them in play this weekend. By far the best looking irons and wedges I've ever had in my opinion.

Reviews?

What irons are you coming from?

Apex CF16

Ping G425 LST 9*
Ping G400 3W

Ping G425 Max 7W
Ping G410 4H, 5H, 6H
Ping G425 7H

Ping G410 8-U

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye 2 54*

Ping G410 L
SC Special Select NP2 35”

They arrived today. I hope to put them in play this weekend. By far the best looking irons and wedges I’ve ever had in my opinion.

Thanks for posting the pics. Beauties! They look better in your bag than on the website. I like the finish.

• Callaway Rogue Draw 10.5*
  • The Perfect Club 21
  • Callaway XROS 64
  • PING Eye 2 BeCu 7 - SW
  • PING Kartsen Craz-E

Nice looking sticks. There was a definite buzz in the PING booth. They hit great on the sim. Still debating if I want to put them in play though.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

Looking forward to the upcoming reviews, especially G410 feel and forgiveness comparisons to earlier G (I play G25), i500, and i210! I have an itch for the i210, but the last time I was fit the G series won out over the i series, with the deciding factor being dispersion. Spring demo season is always fun.

I’m also playing G25s and in the same boat looking at the same three clubs. The G25s are just so good.

Titleist TSR2 10 Hzrdus Red CB
Titleist TSI2 16.5 Tensei Blue

Ping G 17.5 set at 18.5 Ping tour shaft.
Titleist TS3 hybrid 21 Hzrdus smoke
Taylormade 2023 p790 5-PW kbs tour lite
Vokey SM9 50°/12° SM8 56°/14° and SM9 60°/10°
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport two
Titleist Pro V1

[i]Remember there are no pictures on a scorecard, only a number. [/i]

Looking forward to the upcoming reviews, especially G410 feel and forgiveness comparisons to earlier G (I play G25), i500, and i210! I have an itch for the i210, but the last time I was fit the G series won out over the i series, with the deciding factor being dispersion. Spring demo season is always fun.

I’m also playing G25s and in the same boat looking at the same three clubs. The G25s are just so good.

I play the G25's as well. I think the biggest issue is that the 410's shafts are longer than the G25's. I don't need longer shafts so I'm hard pressed to get new irons just to have them cut down to the specs of the 25's.

Plus, I have to say it, I think the black/red color combination looks cheap.

They arrived today. I hope to put them in play this weekend. By far the best looking irons and wedges I've ever had in my opinion.

Thanks for posting the pics. Beauties! They look better in your bag than on the website. I like the finish.

Yes I'm very pleased with the looks of the G410.

Ping G425 LST 9*
Ping G400 3W

Ping G425 Max 7W
Ping G410 4H, 5H, 6H
Ping G425 7H

Ping G410 8-U

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye 2 54*

Ping G410 L
SC Special Select NP2 35”

What I'm most curious about is to hear about the 4, 5 and 6 irons in terms of height achieved with those lofts. If they do indeed launch noticeably higher than other clubs with same loft then I will consider a 4 iron in the bag. But I'm thinking with those lofts I may just need 5-PW or thru UW.

There is no issue getting a G400 4 iron into the air, so I doubt there will be with the G410.

I went power spec on my 4 at 19*, gives me about 15-20 yards on my normal spec 5. Bought it primarily as a driving iron, but it’s easy to hit from the deck, even on a poor lie. The latest G irons go very high indeed as a set.

I’m debating getting some G410s too, but I don’t really need them, my G400s are going dreamily at the moment. But I do fancy some!

Another G25 guy here. Check sig.

I stopped by Dicks on the way home from work just to take a look. I don’t think my local shop has them in yet as they don’t have the buying power of Dicks.

I’ve got more than enough credit built up and the 410 are on the list. I’m thinking 5-P and going another route with the gap wedge but that’s not certain yet.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

My dilemma. I have G400 6-Uw and love them. They stay in Florida at our fall/winter home. My bag in VA is sitting empty and we'll be back there late April for the spring/summer. I have $700 in shop credit in VA. Do I buy another set of G400s or get the G410s? My only hesitation is the reduced offset of the G410.....I like offset.

• The Perfect Club 21
  • Callaway XROS 64
  • PING Eye 2 BeCu 7 - SW
  • PING Kartsen Craz-E

I stopped by Dicks on the way home from work just to take a look. I don’t think my local shop has them in yet as they don’t have the buying power of Dicks.

I’ve got more than enough credit built up and the 410 are on the list. I’m thinking 5-P and going another route with the gap wedge but that’s not certain yet.

You go first C! If you get 'em, I'll bite!

• The Perfect Club 21
  • Callaway XROS 64
  • PING Eye 2 BeCu 7 - SW
  • PING Kartsen Craz-E

I hit the 7 iron G410 vs my G700 7 iron yesterday, same shaft flex and all. The G410 was 2 ft higher on average and the spin rate was higher by an average of about 700 but the distances were exactly the same. Not enough for a normal person to make the switch, unless I find someone to make a decent offer on my barely used 700's, :blink: but still tempting on looks alone.

My dilemma. I have G400 6-Uw and love them. They stay in Florida at our fall/winter home. My bag in VA is sitting empty and we'll be back there late April for the spring/summer. I have $700 in shop credit in VA. Do I buy another set of G400s or get the G410s? My only hesitation is the reduced offset of the G410.....I like offset.

I like offset too. I'm thinking about getting the 7 iron - SW with the PowerSpec loft. Not that I want to hit the ball farther or lower, but I'd just like some of the offset reduction added back.

I'm interested in the longer irons here but I can't imagine they are any easier to hit than the G400s. In truth, with the loft creep over the years (no change this model but in general) the 4 iron, 5 iron, and even 6 iron are probably not well suited to most of the buyers of these (GI/SGI) clubs. I carry the G25 8 iron (36*) 150 yards, which is by no means big, but it is probably at least average among the users of this type of iron (9 index if that matters). In the G25s, the 5 iron (26*) is the questionable club for me. I can hit it fine on the fairway/tee box, but out of the rough or any sidehill/downhill lie or with pressure and the success rate really starts to drop. Hence, I am even hesitant about the 6 iron in the G410s (I've played the 6 iron in the G400s with the same mixed success as the G25 5 iron).

I hit the 7 iron G410 vs my G700 7 iron yesterday, same shaft flex and all. The G410 was 2 ft higher on average and the spin rate was higher by an average of about 700 but the distances were exactly the same. Not enough for a normal person to make the switch, unless I find someone to make a decent offer on my barely used 700's, :blink: but still tempting on looks alone.

Made the move to Florida this winter with my 700s, coming from my beloved 718/AP1s I’m just not loving the 700s like I hoped I would. I’m an old G iron dog so these have my complete attention. Is it because they are new? Probably. Or maybe “Once a G iron guy always a G iron guy”? I’ll probably follow this thread long enough to talk myself into a set before too long:-)

You know the answer ??

What about sound and feel?

I stopped by Dicks on the way home from work just to take a look. I dont think my local shop has them in yet as they dont have the buying power of Dicks.

Ive got more than enough credit built up and the 410 are on the list. Im thinking 5-P and going another route with the gap wedge but thats not certain yet.

You go first C! If you get 'em, I'll bite!

Yeah, I’m waiting to see if another G25 user switches before I consider it. Tried the G400 and still preferred my 25s so not expecting much!

Titleist TSR2 10 Hzrdus Red CB
Titleist TSI2 16.5 Tensei Blue

Ping G 17.5 set at 18.5 Ping tour shaft.
Titleist TS3 hybrid 21 Hzrdus smoke
Taylormade 2023 p790 5-PW kbs tour lite
Vokey SM9 50°/12° SM8 56°/14° and SM9 60°/10°
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport two
Titleist Pro V1

[i]Remember there are no pictures on a scorecard, only a number. [/i]

Last Thursday night I decided I was going to get a set of 410's. Friday night I changed my mind and decided on giving the I500's a try. Sunday I ordered a set of used Iblades. Who knows what will be in the bag by the time I actually get to play this spring. :crazy: Hope you love the G410's.

Had Iblades for about 3 weeks now.....very happy with my decision....especially now that I've found a shaft that fits properly

What about sound and feel?

Feel was identical but the 700's do have that "ting" sound when you hit them just right which does not bother me at all.

Just got to ask one of the posters in this thread that mention looks of the 410 irons if they don’t see the cavity as being very busy and plastic looking? I have hit them and having owned 40 sets over the years of all makes and types including Pings from s56 to g30s I really liked the profile change and “build” of club but looks.? Probably grow on me but this crowd seems adverse to any colors in the cavity other than the bare metal which I understand.

Just got to ask one of the posters in this thread that mention looks of the 410 irons if they don’t see the cavity as being very busy and plastic looking? I have hit them and having owned 40 sets over the years of all makes and types including Pings from s56 to g30s I really liked the profile change and “build” of club but looks.? Probably grow on me but this crowd seems adverse to any colors in the cavity other than the bare metal which I understand.

I suppose they way clubs "look" is a subjective observation. To me they look great and personally like them over my 700's and, there are various other irons on the market that I prefer the looks of as well. My observation was only that to my eye, the 410's are preferable vs the 700 but performance wise they were identical for my skill level.

Maybe I'm missing something but if your ball striking is good enough that you only have a 2 foot difference between G700's and the 410's, why are you playing G series irons? You should be bagging blades up to a 2 iron!

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

Callaway 2007 X-Forged 5-PW/ PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 / Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2.5+ 

Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you must keep moving

I saw the 700's once in person and was a lil overwhelmed how large they looked plus the offset was quite a lot as well. I have yet to see the 410's in person but from what I can tell from the in hand pics the offset is not over the top (which is a plus imho)

Bama's pic of the 410's in the bag look fantastic as far as the finish is concerned so that's a plus as well.

Does anyone know if the 410 head length gets shorter as you move from the long irons to the short irons? Like the i25 was.

Maybe I'm missing something but if your ball striking is good enough that you only have a 2 foot difference between G700's and the 410's, why are you playing G series irons? You should be bagging blades up to a 2 iron!

Here's my thread about why i'm currently on the 700's.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1726500-g700-build-g700-off-the-shelf-or-rebuild-my-current-irons/