Taylormade M5 & M6 Woods - Pics added page 46

chadillac65

Felt pen marks on the face have typically been on tour issue heads, they are used for testing (can’t remember if it was cor or one of the other measurements). They will come off after some use.

Tour heads typically have silver dots.

Have had 3 and none with silver dots. Never seen photos of them either, just typical felt pen in the dead center on older TM heads and the more recent ones had 2 marks. Just my experience.

Felt pen marks on the face have typically been on tour issue heads, they are used for testing (can't remember if it was cor or one of the other measurements). They will come off after some use.

Have had 3 and none with silver dots. Never seen photos of them either, just typical felt pen in the dead center on older TM heads and the more recent ones had 2 marks. Just my experience.

Thats really weird, almost every one I've seen has a silver dot right in the middle of the face where a section of the plastic wrap is off.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

Felt pen marks on the face have typically been on tour issue heads, they are used for testing (can't remember if it was cor or one of the other measurements). They will come off after some use.

Thats really weird, almost every one I've seen has a silver dot right in the middle of the face where a section of the plastic wrap is off.

I see what you mean on the M3/4 heads. My experience is with the 2017 and older TM tour issue heads. Perhaps just an update to how they mark them for easier testing.

Part of the marketing story was that heads would be “finished” with the speed foam to be right at the legal CT limit. That obviously poses a lot of time constraints in the manufacturing process, but seeing any retail heads with testing dots would lend some credibility to that actually happening. However, we have seen tour issue heads with spec stickers well below the CT limit. The difference is completely negligible anyway but an interesting thing to watch as clubs start to funnel out.

M5 5 wood arrived last night from the trade-in program. Driver and 3 wood I ordered from my Club eta is unknown. Took the 5 wood to a dome in the s.burbs of Chicago today. It's hot! Feels solid like a hot melted wood and the twist face worked awesome. Hit 5 or 6 off the toe that didn't even think about going low and left. Wish I could give some numbers, but I don't have enough disposable income for a trackman.

Went through a fitting and narrowed it down to the M5 in either the Mitsubishi Tensei Orange and Evenflow Blue... I loved the numbers of the orange but then realized that’s what they put in the model off the shelf and wondered if I should have gotten better looks at other options. Anyone have thoughts or reassurances on those shafts?

Hit the M5 today with the Orange 60X. Maybe they just got it right as a stock offering. I averaged 14.5 degree launch, 159 ballspeed, 2600 spin. Could maybe get 1-2 mph ballspeed or 3-400 less spin but 280 in the fairway is fine by me. Probably the best distance and accuracy for everyone they could find in a cheap mass produced shaft.

Edit: forgot to mention straight. Was all over the place with a Smoke 6.5 70g but with the Orange the weighting felt better and I was just hitting baby draws that ended up on the midline.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1237994-my-carls-golfland-contest-fitting-experience-grab-a-drink/"]My Carl's Golfland / GolfWRX WITB story[/url]

Cobra F9, Atmos Black TS 6X
Titleist TS3 3w, Atmos Black TS 7s

Titleist 510 3i Atmos Black TS 9x
Srixon U85 4, z785 5-PW Modus 120x
Titleist Vokey SM5 50F/54M/58M, DG TIS400
EVNRoll ER5

Went through a fitting and narrowed it down to the M5 in either the Mitsubishi Tensei Orange and Evenflow Blue... I loved the numbers of the orange but then realized that’s what they put in the model off the shelf and wondered if I should have gotten better looks at other options. Anyone have thoughts or reassurances on those shafts?

Hit the M5 today with the Orange 60X. Maybe they just got it right as a stock offering. I averaged 14.5 degree launch, 159 ballspeed, 2600 spin. Could maybe get 1-2 mph ballspeed or 3-400 less spin but 280 in the fairway is fine by me. Probably the best distance and accuracy for everyone they could find in a cheap mass produced shaft.

Edit: forgot to mention straight. Was all over the place with a Smoke 6.5 70g but with the Orange the weighting felt better and I was just hitting baby draws that ended up on the midline.

As posted earlier I hit the orange 60 s at golftown vs 60 pro orange s. what surprised me is 15 launch and 17 spin with a 10.5 m5 and same baby draws

As posted earlier I hit the orange 60 s at golftown vs 60 pro orange s. what surprised me is 15 launch and 17 spin with a 10.5 m5 and same baby draws

I think the stock orange is a very decent shaft for stock

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5. @ 45.5”

Driver Shafts: Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX & MCA Kai’Li White 70X

Mizuno ST Max 230 12.0 Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 6.5 @ 45.25”
ON ORDER: Mizuno ST Max 230 15.0 Mitsubishi Rayon Kai’Li Blue 70X

Mizuno STZ 230 Hybrid 19.0 @ 17.0 UST Lin-Q Blue 75 F5

ON ORDER: Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S & 58/4X Nippon Modus Pro 120X

🤔 Titleist Vokey SM9 60 K Grind 

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

As much as I love TM, I just don’t understand why their custom shaft options don’t stack up to other OEMs. The custom shaft list for the G410 line is crazy good (Rogue 130, Ventus, PO & PW 60/70/80 etc.) I also don’t understand why the didn’t offer the Smoke 80 as a stock options just like titleist and cally did.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

I want to stay in '17 they started testing 2 locations. One at the toe and one center. There will be a CTA and CTB.

Nothing is safe in my bag!

As much as I love TM, I just don’t understand why their custom shaft options don’t stack up to other OEMs. The custom shaft list for the G410 line is crazy good (Rogue 130, Ventus, PO & PW 60/70/80 etc.) I also don’t understand why the didn’t offer the Smoke 80 as a stock options just like titleist and cally did.

Man, as many times as you've mentioned that 80g smoke, you just need to go buy one lol

Taylormade Stealth+
Titleist TSi2 5W
PXG 0317x 22°
PXG Gen3 0311P 4i

PXG Gen4 0311T 5i-Gw
JP Golf Premier Wedge 54° & 58°
Kari Lajosi Damascus LP808

M5 5 wood arrived last night from the trade-in program. Driver and 3 wood I ordered from my Club eta is unknown. Took the 5 wood to a dome in the s.burbs of Chicago today. It's hot! Feels solid like a hot melted wood and the twist face worked awesome. Hit 5 or 6 off the toe that didn't even think about going low and left. Wish I could give some numbers, but I don't have enough disposable income for a trackman.

What shaft did you go with in the 5 Fwy?

Got my M5 driver in on Tuesday and went to play on Wed. afternoon. I ordered it with the PX Smoke 6.5 Xflex in the 60 gram weight. I wasn't paying extra for a shaft, and I hadn't tried this one yet so figured "why not"? I have a 60-TX PW and a 70-TX PO as my main "gamer" driver shafts, so I knew those would be on standby for this head.

Well, after about 5 swings on the range, this shaft/head combo were pretty impressive. I hadn't hit a golf ball in over 2 months, and was very hitting high bombs with this driver. Pretty unreal to be honest. I was hitting it dead straight or with a slight 5 yard draw.... I wasn't expecting this. After the front nine, I turned the loft down one notch from 9.0 to 8.5 (I think). That got me about 10 more yards on my drives.... which were long and still high. I tested out the "twist face" on two particular shots (not on purpose... LOL). I hit one off the toe that absolutely should have been in the trees on the left hand side..... ball stayed in the fairway, about 1 foot from the rough. Another was a heel shot that should have been in the trees down the left.... ball wound up in the left rough with a perfect lie. AWESOME!

This driver will be a game changer for me, and come summer, it will be interesting to see how far it goes. The feel and the sound were superior to my prior M1's and M2's. Definately a keeper. This now has me debating getting an M5 3W.....

-ZA

TM SIM 9.0 with Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X

TM SIM 15 deg 3W with Project X Smoke Green S

TM SIM2 3H with Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 9X

TM M3 4H with Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 9X

TM P790 5i with KBS $-Taper 120

TM P760 6-PW with KBS $-Taper 120

TM Hi Toe 50, 55 & 60 with DG S300

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 

What shaft did you go with in the 5 Fwy?

I ordered it with the stock orange 75, but I put in my Atmos Blue TS 8 from my 17 M1 5 wood

M5 3 Rocket is back in stock for custom orders

M3 9.5* / Atmos Black Tour Spec
M4 16.5* / Hzrdus Black
M4 Hybrid 19* / KBS Prototype
P-770 / Project X LZ 6.0
52* / 58* Black Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
59* Original Trusty Rusty / Hump shaft
60* Raw Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
Toulon Garage Columbus Triple Black

Finally saw the drivers in a store this evening, man the M5 shape looks good. The matte black design against the silver on both drivers and fairways is just gorgeous. Unfortunately the sole of the M6 looks awful, but I’m sure it will perform just fine. I may have to give the M5 a demo once spring rolls around and put it up against the F9. It’s really amazing how many good choices there are right now.

I hit the m6 and m5 fairways today. No launch monitor, just at the range. I am a huge fan of the looks. Last TM fairway I owned was a 16 m1...actually That was a great fairway too. But the m5 and m6 feel awesome. I had both in 14 degree. M6 had that stock stiff atmos shaft, m5 had the stiff tensei orange both which I would replace with something stiffer, dispersion suffered a bit, but contact was excellent. Question, the m5 was left with every shot, draw or over draw. Why? The lie angle is flatter in m5. I actually would prefer a lie angle in between the m5 and m6. What would be the best setting in the m5, to go slightly upright, and help straighten the over draw.

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

I hit the m6 and m5 fairways today. No launch monitor, just at the range. I am a huge fan of the looks. Last TM fairway I owned was a 16 m1...actually That was a great fairway too. But the m5 and m6 feel awesome. I had both in 14 degree. M6 had that stock stiff atmos shaft, m5 had the stiff tensei orange both which I would replace with something stiffer, dispersion suffered a bit, but contact was excellent. Question, the m5 was left with every shot, draw or over draw. Why? The lie angle is flatter in m5. I actually would prefer a lie angle in between the m5 and m6. What would be the best setting in the m5, to go slightly upright, and help straighten the over draw.

The standard setting is the flattest lie angle, so moving the loft sleeve towards either Higher or Lower would make the M5 FW play more upright. You'd just need to determine if you want to open or close the face angle depending upon the way the ball was launching in the Standard setting.

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 9.0, Ventus Black 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.5 70g, 42.5"

TaylorMade P790 3 (2021), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG4 50, 54 - DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T - DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

My WITB Post

The standard setting is the flattest lie angle, so moving the loft sleeve towards either Higher or Lower would make the M5 FW play more upright. You'd just need to determine if you want to open or close the face angle depending upon the way the ball was launching in the Standard setting.

Does lowering the loft open the face?

Titleist TSR2 - 8* Ventus Red TR 6X
Titleist TSi2 - 15* - Ventus Red TR 7X
Titleist TSR3 19* Hybrid
Titleist U500 - 4 iron DG TI X-100
Titleist T100 5-9 DG TI X-100
Titleist Vokey SM9 (46*, 52*, 56*, 60*) raw 
Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5

Does lowering the loft open the face?

Yes. Moving the sleeve towards the Lower setting opens the face.

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 9.0, Ventus Black 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.5 70g, 42.5"

TaylorMade P790 3 (2021), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG4 50, 54 - DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T - DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

My WITB Post

i sold my m5 fairway for that reason. Looked very closed to me

Had a fitting yesterday,and hit the epic flash, the ping g400, the 917d2 and both Ms, and ended up with an m5 with a rogue. Overall the numbers for distance were similar in the epic and both Ms, but we were able to tune the M5 to where I was really happy with the numbers, and the club feels great.

Doesn't hurt that I really like the look they went with this year either. That club is dead sexy.

M5 w/Rogue
Cobra F6 3/4 wood w/Kuro Kage
RSI 2 driving iron w/recoil
PSI Tour 4-pw w/S300
MD3 50/54/58
Lajosi DD201 w/full face Damascus insert

Doesn't more upright typically promote a draw?

Yes. I think in this case, the m5 looks flatter than it really is, but because of the look I set up and swing it flatter making it draw..because I did not hook the m6 and it is more upright than m5.

I picked up a rocket M6, and just pulled the shaft. Now to put in the hzrdus black 75x or the diaman LTD white 70x?

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

So I finally had a few minutes to get on Trackman with the M5 this week and surprisingly - or not surprisingly depending on your point of view - I was not seeing any real differences between the M3 and the M5 yet when it comes to ball speed, carry or total distance.

But with the M3 in my bag over the last year, I have always been around 160 ball speed, 260 carry, 280 total - somewhere around there. And with the M5 I was still in those neighborhoods. Its not as if I saw any magic jump from 160 to 165+. For testing purposes I used the same shaft in both heads, the AD-DI6x black that I have used for the last year, so its a shaft I am familiar with the feel of. I had seen some good shots on the course with the M5 but after the initial honeymoon period I started to not love the 45.75" shaft length that the Pro Orange came with. So I decided that for initial play and to make easy comparisons it was easiest to swap the heads onto my gamer shaft.

Now, given all that, I'm actually still not against switching. The feel and the sound of the M5 to me are two huge positives - even better than the M3, I absolutely love how the M5 feels and sounds.

Admittedly I am a little biased since I loved the M3 but so far I'm just not seeing appreciable increases. I am hoping to get an hour of TM time to devote to just hitting drivers sometime in the next couple weeks.

TM Stealth2 10.5* - Ventus TR Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TBD - TM P7MC // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey 46*/50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

Yes. I think in this case, the m5 looks flatter than it really is, but because of the look I set up and swing it flatter making it draw..because I did not hook the m6 and it is more upright than m5.

I picked up a rocket M6, and just pulled the shaft. Now to put in the hzrdus black 75x or the diaman LTD white 70x?

Every new FW 3w TM comes out with I simply change out my trusty Diamana white 70x

Try that first......

Every new FW 3w TM comes out with I simply change out my trusty Diamana white 70x

Try that first......

Is it tip heavy? I am putting on a midsize grip, so I'd rather not have a counterbalanced shaft that would further lighten the head. How much to tip it? The head is about 217g, but no sleeve to deal with....

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

Admittedly I am a little biased since I loved the M3 but so far I'm just not seeing appreciable increases. I am hoping to get an hour of TM time to devote to just hitting drivers sometime in the next couple weeks.

so annoying that I can't like your posts!

as far as weights set up how do you have them in the driver? interesting with he feel as that was why I moved to the M3 in the first place over Callaway drivers.

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217