2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

G410 irons...took the leap

bamagolf

Another G25 guy here. Check sig.

I stopped by Dicks on the way home from work just to take a look. I don’t think my local shop has them in yet as they don’t have the buying power of Dicks.

I’ve got more than enough credit built up and the 410 are on the list. I’m thinking 5-P and going another route with the gap wedge but that’s not certain yet.

You go first C! If you get 'em, I'll bite!

Yeah, I’m waiting to see if another G25 user switches before I consider it. Tried the G400 and still preferred my 25s so not expecting much!

I'm in the same boat (playing G25's) and having a mental struggle justifying $125/club for new sticks. I'll do it for a noticeable improvement but I'm not convinced yet.

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

My dilemma. I have G400 6-Uw and love them. They stay in Florida at our fall/winter home. My bag in VA is sitting empty and we'll be back there late April for the spring/summer. I have $700 in shop credit in VA. Do I buy another set of G400s or get the G410s? My only hesitation is the reduced offset of the G410.....I like offset.

I like offset too. I'm thinking about getting the 7 iron - SW with the PowerSpec loft. Not that I want to hit the ball farther or lower, but I'd just like some of the offset reduction added back.

I'm interested in the longer irons here but I can't imagine they are any easier to hit than the G400s. In truth, with the loft creep over the years (no change this model but in general) the 4 iron, 5 iron, and even 6 iron are probably not well suited to most of the buyers of these (GI/SGI) clubs. I carry the G25 8 iron (36*) 150 yards, which is by no means big, but it is probably at least average among the users of this type of iron (9 index if that matters). In the G25s, the 5 iron (26*) is the questionable club for me. I can hit it fine on the fairway/tee box, but out of the rough or any sidehill/downhill lie or with pressure and the success rate really starts to drop. Hence, I am even hesitant about the 6 iron in the G410s (I've played the 6 iron in the G400s with the same mixed success as the G25 5 iron).

The 6i is the longest iron I can hit now with these new lofts. My new set will be 6i thru UW.

• Callaway Rogue Draw 10.5*
  • The Perfect Club 21
  • Callaway XROS 64
  • PING Eye 2 BeCu 7 - SW
  • PING Kartsen Craz-E

My dilemma. I have G400 6-Uw and love them. They stay in Florida at our fall/winter home. My bag in VA is sitting empty and we'll be back there late April for the spring/summer. I have $700 in shop credit in VA. Do I buy another set of G400s or get the G410s? My only hesitation is the reduced offset of the G410.....I like offset.

I like offset too. I'm thinking about getting the 7 iron - SW with the PowerSpec loft. Not that I want to hit the ball farther or lower, but I'd just like some of the offset reduction added back.

I'm interested in the longer irons here but I can't imagine they are any easier to hit than the G400s. In truth, with the loft creep over the years (no change this model but in general) the 4 iron, 5 iron, and even 6 iron are probably not well suited to most of the buyers of these (GI/SGI) clubs. I carry the G25 8 iron (36*) 150 yards, which is by no means big, but it is probably at least average among the users of this type of iron (9 index if that matters). In the G25s, the 5 iron (26*) is the questionable club for me. I can hit it fine on the fairway/tee box, but out of the rough or any sidehill/downhill lie or with pressure and the success rate really starts to drop. Hence, I am even hesitant about the 6 iron in the G410s (I've played the 6 iron in the G400s with the same mixed success as the G25 5 iron).

The 6i is the longest iron I can hit now with these new lofts. My new set will be 6i thru UW.

6i with old loft (30* AP1 712) is about the longest iron I can hit with any consistency. Maybe AP1 5-iron in the middle of summer when playing a couple times a week and hitting balls once a week.

I consider my AP2 PW as one of my two wedges - the other is a 54* Vokey bent to 55*. Which means that if I decide to pull the trigger on new irons, I will only buy 6-iron to 9-iron. Looking at G410, i500 and G700 (only the 6-iron).

Got a feeling that my 6-iron and 7-iron will be G410 this year.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

I stopped by Dicks on the way home from work just to take a look. I don’t think my local shop has them in yet as they don’t have the buying power of Dicks.

I’ve got more than enough credit built up and the 410 are on the list. I’m thinking 5-P and going another route with the gap wedge but that’s not certain yet.

Yeah, I’m waiting to see if another G25 user switches before I consider it. Tried the G400 and still preferred my 25s so not expecting much!

I'm in the same boat (playing G25's) and having a mental struggle justifying $125/club for new sticks. I'll do it for a noticeable improvement but I'm not convinced yet.

Get the G400's at $95.00 and save a few bucks. I've hit both and the difference, IMHO, in performance and appearance is negligible.

Callaway 10.5* Paradym X

TaylorMade 16.5 Stealth HL

Callaway Epic Flash Heavenwood

TaylorMade Stealth Irons 5 thru AW
Vokey SM8 54*/10* S Grind
Vokey SM8 58*/12* K Grind
T.P Mills Custom PN MIng
Odyssey 38" Tank #7 (a work in Progress)

Get the G400's at $95.00 and save a few bucks. I've hit both and the difference, IMHO, in performance and appearance is negligible.

I tried the G400 at launch and got an extra couple of yards distance and worse dispersion. Wasn’t worth the upgrade from my g25s. I’m beginning to think the G25s were just an excellent iron as I can’t kick them out the bag.

Titleist TSR2 10 Hzrdus Red CB
Titleist TSI2 16.5 Tensei Blue

Ping G 17.5 set at 18.5 Ping tour shaft.
Titleist TS3 hybrid 21 Hzrdus smoke
Taylormade 2023 p790 5-PW kbs tour lite
Vokey SM9 50°/12° SM8 56°/14° and SM9 60°/10°
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport two
Titleist Pro V1

[i]Remember there are no pictures on a scorecard, only a number. [/i]

I spent an hour on a LM yesterday hitting a G410 7 iron. It felt really nice and I’m going back next week to do a side by side comparison with the G400 and my current G30. I liked the launch and spin numbers for the G410 and it looks like I gained some yardage. Once I compare, I’ll take it to my range and hit some actual shots to a green. If it plays as good as it feels I’ll probably be a buyer. Or I may end up with the G400’s as they seem pretty nice too. Or, I may keep my G30’s because who am I kidding - my skill level probably isn’t going to be affected by the small improvements.

Ping G400 Max Tour AD DI

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

Or, I may keep my G30’s because who am I kidding - my skill level probably isn’t going to be affected by the small improvements.

I'm same. If I'm honest with myself the main reason for change would be for the new club smell. I wouldn't mind a little less offset too. I know from past experience that the new clubs won't change my scores enough to notice.

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

I spent an hour on a LM yesterday hitting a G410 7 iron. It felt really nice and I’m going back next week to do a side by side comparison with the G400 and my current G30. I liked the launch and spin numbers for the G410 and it looks like I gained some yardage. Once I compare, I’ll take it to my range and hit some actual shots to a green. If it plays as good as it feels I’ll probably be a buyer. Or I may end up with the G400’s as they seem pretty nice too. Or, I may keep my G30’s because who am I kidding - my skill level probably isn’t going to be affected by the small improvements.

I think Ping has made some good progress on softer feel in their recent releases, via integrated design of the clubface and insert/badging. This has me interested in new irons again. If I could retain the scoring and playability of my current G25s, but get a noticeable improvement in softer feel, I'd be a very happy camper.

Or, I may keep my G30’s because who am I kidding - my skill level probably isn’t going to be affected by the small improvements.

I'm same. If I'm honest with myself the main reason for change would be for the new club smell. I wouldn't mind a little less offset too. I know from past experience that the new clubs won't change my scores enough to notice.

Ness, I read you are currently in G25s. Man, those are really hard to beat from the GI market. I have typically played more demanding clubs, including just about every forged blade released by the major manufacturers in the last decade. Those have traditionally been my favorite irons, and I am an iron junkie. That said, I'd probably rank the G25s in my top 5 all time favorite irons. IMO, they were just an awesome combination of looks, feel, and performance. The newer G series may be a bit longer, but they lacked feel in comparison to the G25s. And, I'm not sure I've played a better iron through the turf. If I had to pick one set to play for the rest of my life, taking into account the inevitable loss of speed as I age and the ups and downs of ability due to lack of practice/playing time, I'd be hard-pressed to choose anything other than the G25s.

I'll still probably end up with some G410s at some point, though!

?

I think Ping has made some good progress on softer feel in their recent releases, via integrated design of the clubface and insert/badging. This has me interested in new irons again. If I could retain the scoring and playability of my current G25s, but get a noticeable improvement in softer feel, I'd be a very happy camper.

The thinner they make the faces the more feel(sound) you're going to lose. There is no way the 410's,400's, and G's are going to feel better than the 25's. If feel and sound is your priority the 410's won't be "better".

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

Callaway 2007 X-Forged 5-PW/ PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 / Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2.5+ 

Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you must keep moving

Just went to a big demo day and hit 8-10 different irons from Mizuno, Ping, Srixon, Wilson, and Taylormade. G410 were the most impressive to me. Not the top feeling, but the best performing. 5 iron is my cutoff and I was hitting it much better than my current irons. Runners up we’re the 585/785 from Srixon. Hot Metal Pros were also up there. I’m a 9 handicap playing Adams CB3’s for reference.

Or, I may keep my G30's because who am I kidding - my skill level probably isn't going to be affected by the small improvements.

Ness, I read you are currently in G25s. Man, those are really hard to beat from the GI market. I have typically played more demanding clubs, including just about every forged blade released by the major manufacturers in the last decade. Those have traditionally been my favorite irons, and I am an iron junkie. That said, I'd probably rank the G25s in my top 5 all time favorite irons. IMO, they were just an awesome combination of looks, feel, and performance. The newer G series may be a bit longer, but they lacked feel in comparison to the G25s. And, I'm not sure I've played a better iron through the turf. If I had to pick one set to play for the rest of my life, taking into account the inevitable loss of speed as I age and the ups and downs of ability due to lack of practice/playing time, I'd be hard-pressed to choose anything other than the G25s.

'

I'm another G25 fan. They've been in the bag since a couple of months after they came out. I had a fling with some JPZ EZ Forged and am currently playing the 565s, but the G25s are always on standfby.

IMO, the were the epitome of the G series. The are the perfect combination of forgiveness, feel and looks for a PING GI iron. I tried every G line after it and just didn't like them as much as the 25s.

PING G430 Max 10.5 

Cleveland Launcher XL Hy-wood 18*
Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 4H

Cleveland XL Halo 5H

Srixon MKii ZX5s 6-PW Modus 105s

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 48*

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 52*
Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 56*

PXG Battle Ready 'Bat Attack' 

I snapped these today at an Edwin Watts store in The Villages, FL. In the photo showing two irons at address, he G400 iron on the right. It doesn't show so well in the photos, but in hand, the G410 is noticeably smaller all the way around.

20190209_132204.jpg20190209_132233.jpg20190209_132316.jpg20190209_132324.jpg

• Callaway Rogue Draw 10.5*
  • The Perfect Club 21
  • Callaway XROS 64
  • PING Eye 2 BeCu 7 - SW
  • PING Kartsen Craz-E

They are beautiful specially at address, only thing that bothers me is the number stamped on the face looks like it deformed the face a bit.

I snapped these today at an Edwin Watts store in The Villages, FL. In the photo showing two irons at address, he G400 iron on the right. It doesn't show so well in the photos, but in hand, the G410 is noticeably smaller all the way around.

20190209_132204.jpg20190209_132233.jpg20190209_132316.jpg20190209_132324.jpg

Or, I may keep my G30's because who am I kidding - my skill level probably isn't going to be affected by the small improvements.

��

'

I'm another G25 fan. They've been in the bag since a couple of months after they came out. I had a fling with some JPZ EZ Forged and am currently playing the 565s, but the G25s are always on standfby.

IMO, the were the epitome of the G series. The are the perfect combination of forgiveness, feel and looks for a PING GI iron. I tried every G line after it and just didn't like them as much as the 25s.

It seems like the G25s have the largest following, probably because they were the biggest change from the previous model.

I like the looks of the G25s/G30s more than the Gs/G400s. I think the G30s have slightly better loft gaps in the mid-irons than the G25s though.

Performance wise, I think they all fly pretty much the same (I'm not too sensitive to the sound or feel), or as others have said none of them change my scores at all.

I am intrigued by the shorter blade of the G410s, although the pictures below don't really seem to show much difference. Either way, these probably won't make a difference in score either. I've been thinking about getting graphite shafts and this will probably be the main reason why I decide to get a set of G410s vs. just playing the G25s.

Ive been sitting on shop credit for since Christmas 2018. That’s only gotten larger since so im not concerned there. I simply want to wait until the weather breaks and I’m actually out there hitting sticks and checking them out at demo days. I’ll also get fit.

First golf trip is mid May and I would like to do the club change and have a few rounds in before that time.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

��

'

It seems like the G25s have the largest following, probably because they were the biggest change from the previous model.

I like the looks of the G25s/G30s more than the Gs/G400s. I think the G30s have slightly better loft gaps in the mid-irons than the G25s though.

Performance wise, I think they all fly pretty much the same (I'm not too sensitive to the sound or feel), or as others have said none of them change my scores at all.

I am intrigued by the shorter blade of the G410s, although the pictures below don't really seem to show much difference. Either way, these probably won't make a difference in score either. I've been thinking about getting graphite shafts and this will probably be the main reason why I decide to get a set of G410s vs. just playing the G25s.

Definitely some funky gapping in the middle of the set. When I ordered mine, I had PING adjust some of the lofts to get 4* gapping. Between that and getting D2 swingweight, they were near perfect irons.

PING G430 Max 10.5 

Cleveland Launcher XL Hy-wood 18*
Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 4H

Cleveland XL Halo 5H

Srixon MKii ZX5s 6-PW Modus 105s

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 48*

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 52*
Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 56*

PXG Battle Ready 'Bat Attack' 

Just went to a big demo day and hit 8-10 different irons from Mizuno, Ping, Srixon, Wilson, and Taylormade. G410 were the most impressive to me. Not the top feeling, but the best performing. 5 iron is my cutoff and I was hitting it much better than my current irons. Runners up we're the 585/785 from Srixon. Hot Metal Pros were also up there. I'm a 9 handicap playing Adams CB3's for reference.

I completely agree.

I actually hit them as well today and srixo n would be #2.

i currently play IE1 and am a 9.

I've got the G410 irons, had the G400. I genuinly changed because of the tennis elbow and hoping the graphite shafts in the G410 help the post golf pain (thankfully its not a golf stopper) I got a touch more distance and height on some shots - my longest and highest were longer and higher than the G400 - a little - but on the whole the same.

Im keeping the hybrids, woods and driver as they already have the same Alta R shaft.

Given the above, I feel I am able to say that the G410 are really good golf clubs but basically the same club as the G400.

The life changing Custom Tuning Port has been replaced by a (quite crudely) applied screw but that aside, same club.

Looking forward to the upcoming reviews, especially G410 feel and forgiveness comparisons to earlier G (I play G25), i500, and i210! I have an itch for the i210, but the last time I was fit the G series won out over the i series, with the deciding factor being dispersion. Spring demo season is always fun.

I’m also playing G25s and in the same boat looking at the same three clubs. The G25s are just so good.

G25s here as well, for me they have the best feel and sound, and the last iteration of G iron before Ping started getting into flex face and longer shafts. Also like the old finish, understated and still look good after 5+ years in the bag.

Definitely some funky gapping in the middle of the set. When I ordered mine, I had PING adjust some of the lofts to get 4* gapping. Between that and getting D2 swingweight, they were near perfect irons.

Yeah, I have the 6 iron bent to 28* and the PW bent to 44*, so there is a constant 4* gap between all these clubs. Then I have the UW bent to 49* and the SW comes at 54*, so there is 5* between the PW to SW.

In reality, it probably only matters because I think it matters. But I do feel better with it this way. Loft wise, they are like an old 5 iron - PW (6 iron - UW) and then can play a 54* SW and some type of LW (57*-60*).

I had a nice set of G30's and like a fool I sold them. I thought I was gonna end up with the G400's but didn't. I wish I had kept the G30's and now I hunt for another set. I think the G410's do look sweet though and smaller in size so I might hit them this Spring if I cannot find a nice set of G30's!

Sounds like there may be a bunch of g25 on the BST soon!

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

Looking forward to the upcoming reviews, especially G410 feel and forgiveness comparisons to earlier G (I play G25), i500, and i210! I have an itch for the i210, but the last time I was fit the G series won out over the i series, with the deciding factor being dispersion. Spring demo season is always fun.

I’m also playing G25s and in the same boat looking at the same three clubs. The G25s are just so good.

G25s here as well, for me they have the best feel and sound, and the last iteration of G iron before Ping started getting into flex face and longer shafts. Also like the old finish, understated and still look good after 5+ years in the bag.

I definitely like the g25 finish. They still look great.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

I've got the G410 irons, had the G400. I genuinly changed because of the tennis elbow and hoping the graphite shafts in the G410 help the post golf pain (thankfully its not a golf stopper) I got a touch more distance and height on some shots - my longest and highest were longer and higher than the G400 - a little - but on the whole the same.

Im keeping the hybrids, woods and driver as they already have the same Alta R shaft.

Given the above, I feel I am able to say that the G410 are really good golf clubs but basically the same club as the G400.

The life changing Custom Tuning Port has been replaced by a (quite crudely) applied screw but that aside, same club.

Hey man, you were hitting new shiny irons that perform well.

Be happy mate.

Hey man, you were hitting new shiny irons that perform well.

Be happy mate.

Quite. Hope I didn't suggest I am unhappy. Cant wait to get them out there :)