2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Taylormade Tour Issue 2016-2018 M Series Drivers....Trackman Comparison Data

TollBros

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toll, you sticking with your m2 or swapping out to a m5/m6?

I do not wish make a commitment on that just yet. haha. I've got to see what the M5 does on the course first, but there's a chance I may change over, and I'll explain why when I decide. I'll be in Arizona to visit friends for a 3 day weekend here in the next few weeks and I'm taking both along to get some serious course time with.

That’s fair enough. I’m on the fence about it myself. The m4 has been amazing but the m5 really has my attention to try out. Are you guys going to have m5/6 tour heads like you did with m3/4? Oh and enjoy Arizona, here in VA al I can do is think about golf and not play. Ha

Well I'm stuck here in snow at the moment and can't wait to get back to the warm weather. To answer your question, yes in about 4-5 weeks we will have a nice stock of M5 and M6 Tour issue product. I'll be doing a related data thread along with the arrival of that product.

Any results from the latest M5/M6 heads?

All in due time...

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

I've posted this a few times, but it always gets lost in the shuffle. I figured I would share how we set up the M2 and M4 Taylormade drivers to get the best performance out of the heads.

First off we suggest you drop .75-1 degree of ACTUAL loft on the face. Easy to do with hand picked Tour heads. With retail this is pointless because of production tolerances which leave with no real idea what the exact loft on the face is, or what the next driver will be. Then instead of loading the head up with hot melt or some guys use lead tape, we like to put the heaviest back weight possible to get swing weight where the player wants it. This will increase launch and spin, but dropping the degree of loft will neutralize those, and give you the launch and spin you are used to, with higher ball speeds and higher MOI for more forgiveness.

This has me intrigued about an m4.

It's the exact way I play my M2. 44.5 inches, D1.5, 3 grams of melt for sound and the rest in a 12 gram back weight, at just under 7 degrees of true loft, slightly open, but not much. The set up is awesome. It's the same way I set up my M4 in the test for direct comparison.

Tollbros, any particular place in the head you added the hotmelt for sound?

A few grams won't affect anything in terms of CG so I just shot mine in the hole every distributed over the sole.

Any results from the latest M5/M6 heads?

That data will go up with the Tour heads when we get full inventory for the season. 2-3 weeks.

That data will go up with the Tour heads when we get full inventory for the season. 2-3 weeks.

Will you include the new Tensei Pro Blue AV in this round of testing?

Titleist TSR3 8° Tensei Pro Orange 1K 60TX
Taylormade SIM Ti 5W 19° Tensei Pro White 70 TX
Taylormade SIM Tour Issue 19° 5W Diamana BF 80 TX
Mizuno JPX 921 Tours w/ Mitsubishi MMT TX125
Taylormade MG3 50.9/56.12 (TW)/60.11 (TW) w/ Mitsubishi MMT S125

Scotty Cameron Craftsman Squareback Proto 33.5"

Will you include the new Tensei Pro Blue AV in this round of testing?

We already did testing on the Tour Tensei AV TX Blue. Here is the link below.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1718980-mitsubishi-tensei-av-tx-flex-tour-protos-photos-info/page__p__18538642__hl__+tensei%20+av%20+tour#entry18538642

D@mn you Toll Bros....

Since starting to follow this thread I have bought a Tour Issue M4 8.5 and a 2016 Tour Issue M2 8.5 to compete against my gamer Tour Issue 2017 M1 440 and the digitally lofted 7.5 degree G400 LST that I have on order(Backordered till March).

My plan is to do similar testing to yours on my clubs Trackman but mix in a few shaft options(Atmos Black, 130MSI, and a Nunchuk) and focus more on maximizing forgiveness(I am a 9 hdcp who struggles off the tee) while keeping spin down. Tried a 8 degree digitally lofted G400 Max last year and although it was very forgiving it balooned a lot so I am hoping to find a happy medium.

...... thanks Toll Bros for all you do for the forum and inspiring me to empty my paypal lol

D@mn you Toll Bros....

Since starting this reading this thread I have bought a Tour Issue M4 8.5 and a 2016 Tour Issue M2 8.5 to compete against my gamer Tour Issue 2017 M1 440 and the digitally lofted 7.5 degree G400 LST that I have on order(Backordered till March).

My plan is to do similar testing to yours on my clubs Trackman but mix in a few shaft options(Atmos Black, 130MSI, and a Nunchuk) and focus more on maximizing forgiveness(I am a 9 hdcp who struggles off the tee) while keeping spin down. Tried a 8 degree digitally lofted G400 Max last year and although it was very forgiving it balooned a lot so I am hoping to find a happy medium.

...... thanks Toll Bros for all you do for the forum and inspiring me to empty my paypal lol

Happy to help. Haha. Btw we will have M5 and M6 tour heads in a couple weeks with full data up for those as well. If you'd like to grow the stable, just let me know!

Have you compared M series 3 wood's over the last few years? I know that you are a fan of the DF 2016 M2, curious if the 2017 m2 was also lagging like the 2017 m series drivers.

I have found the 2017 M2 Tour head to be ridiculously hot...but I'd also be interested in seeing if there has been anything other than anecdotal evidence gathered on this...

TaylorMade SIM Max 10.5* - Fujikura Ventus Black 7X
TaylorMade M5 15* - Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2TS X
Callaway 815 Alpha Hybrid 21* - Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 90TX
Miura Baby Blade 4-P - KBS $-Taper X
Miura Wedges - 52*, 56* - KBS $-Taper X
Callaway MD4 Tactical 60*
PXG Darkness Operator

I've posted this a few times, but it always gets lost in the shuffle. I figured I would share how we set up the M2 and M4 Taylormade drivers to get the best performance out of the heads.

First off we suggest you drop .75-1 degree of ACTUAL loft on the face. Easy to do with hand picked Tour heads. With retail this is pointless because of production tolerances which leave with no real idea what the exact loft on the face is, or what the next driver will be. Then instead of loading the head up with hot melt or some guys use lead tape, we like to put the heaviest back weight possible to get swing weight where the player wants it. This will increase launch and spin, but dropping the degree of loft will neutralize those, and give you the launch and spin you are used to, with higher ball speeds and higher MOI for more forgiveness.

This has me intrigued about an m4.

It's the exact way I play my M2. 44.5 inches, D1.5, 3 grams of melt for sound and the rest in a 12 gram back weight, at just under 7 degrees of true loft, slightly open, but not much. The set up is awesome. It's the same way I set up my M4 in the test for direct comparison.

Similar setup for me, 44.5" with a 200g head weight (minus adapter). It's around D3 with a 75g non counterbalanced shaft.

I was at 10.5 in the '17 M1, tried a 9.5 retail M3 head before going to 9.2 M4 head (1.7 open). It doesn't fall out of the sky like a dead duck, which the M3 did, and the ball flight is nice and flat. I don't have LM access but the M4 in cold blustery conditions is VERY good.

TSR2 8*, Ventus TR Red 7x

TSi2 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR2 18°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

MP-20 MMC  5-P, DG X100
SM8 50F, 54S, 58M (X7 "spinners")
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

Have you compared M series 3 wood's over the last few years? I know that you are a fan of the DF 2016 M2, curious if the 2017 m2 was also lagging like the 2017 m series drivers.

I have found the 2017 M2 Tour head to be ridiculously hot...but I'd also be interested in seeing if there has been anything other than anecdotal evidence gathered on this...

The 2017 M2 Tour head was very good. Long hitting and performed pretty well. We've never done a same day, across the lines test like this with them, no, but they've always performed well so there was no real reason to.

I always get excited when I see TollBros threads because I know they're going to be filled with great info! Love this!

Thank you sir. That honestly really means a lot. It takes a lot of time and effort to do this, so it makes it all worth it to hear the kind comments of those who appreciate the work involved.

After reading this post (which is another great one from Toll Bros.) I went and purchased a tour issue with hot melt M4 and OMG results are dead on. I will try and post my results later but in a brief summary, the head is hot. I compared to Ping g400 Max, Cobra F9, non tour issue M4 and Cally Rogue. The tour issue M4 sounded and felt that much better, I have never been a big believer of the tour issue equipment but this head their is a noticeable difference in feel and sound (hot melt helps). My distance was 11 yards longer than any other combo (Rogue second, F9 third and Ping last). I tested all heads with a Accra tour z x465 shaft and KK DC 60 stiff. The dispersion on the Ping was slightly better but distance was superb.

Signature of Solon CC

Mizuno STX 230 10.5 Accra fx 3.0 140 m0

Titleist Tsr1 15 tour ad di6

Titleist 917 18 Kk proto

Titleist Tsr1 4 hybrid Accra fx 2.0 

Titleist t300 5-Pw Matrix Red proto moi matched 

Wilson Staff zm 50 recoil dart v

Wilson staff zm 56 recoil dart v

Vokey Wedge Works Raw 60K DG Tour Issue S400 Black Onyx

L.A.B. Mezz Max blue Tpt shaft 34/71

After reading this post (which is another great one from Toll Bros.) I went and purchased a tour issue with hot melt M4 and OMG results are dead on. I will try and post my results later but in a brief summary, the head is hot. I compared to Ping g400 Max, Cobra F9, non tour issue M4 and Cally Rogue. The tour issue M4 sounded and felt that much better, I have never been a big believer of the tour issue equipment but this head their is a noticeable difference in feel and sound (hot melt helps). My distance was 11 yards longer than any other combo (Rogue second, F9 third and Ping last). I tested all heads with a Accra tour z x465 shaft and KK DC 60 stiff. The dispersion on the Ping was slightly better but distance was superb.

Very happy to hear the set up is working well for you. The M4 is the real deal, and I feel not quite as appreciated as it should be. The M2 always gets the love, but the M4 is as good as any of the non adjustable weight Taylormade heads.

My M4 is in the bag this year, no doubt. I had a brief and unproductive trial with an Atmos Black and went straight back to the 757. Only other tweaking is swapping out the sole weight, to see if I am more consistent with a 200g or 203g head.

TSR2 8*, Ventus TR Red 7x

TSi2 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR2 18°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

MP-20 MMC  5-P, DG X100
SM8 50F, 54S, 58M (X7 "spinners")
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

I will be interested in seeing how all the new stuff compares.

M6 is close to the M4 overall. M5 is special. I'll back that up with data at some point when inventory is replenished.

I'm unsubscribing...don't need to see m5 special data...and spend $550 special dollars

That will be in its own thread. And $550? The last one I saw on the bay went for $1499!! I should also add, not many people know this because we don't advertise it, but my boss owns a retail store as well and we can get absolutely anything anyone wants retail, and we always price match non sale prices from legit, non bay, stores.

M6 is close to the M4 overall. M5 is special. I'll back that up with data at some point when inventory is replenished.

I'm unsubscribing...don't need to see m5 special data...and spend $550 special dollars

That will be in its own thread. And $550? The last one I saw on the bay went for $1499!! I should also add, not many people know this because we don't advertise it, but my boss owns a retail store as well and we can get absolutely anything anyone wants retail, and we always price match non sale prices from legit, non bay, stores.

You must be talking about m5 tour issue...not m5 tour or regular retail m5...

You must be talking about m5 tour issue...not m5 tour or regular retail m5...

Yes. $1500 for a single head was a little mind boggling. I don't even think I could tell someone a price that high without being embarrassed by it.

The M5 is going to have to be really special for me to ditch my M4. I have a retail version but have added 8g of hotmelt. It is a freaking canon! And the straightest driver I've ever hit. But like any good club ho, I'll probably go hunting for that extra 5 yards?

-Taylormade BRNR 11.5* set at 9.5* Ventus Red TR 7X playing 44.25”
-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 16* set at 15* Ventus Blue 8X

-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 19* Ventus Blue 9X

-Mizuno JPX 923 Forged4&5, Tour 6-PW Project X LS 6.5
-Titleist Vokey SM9 50F set to 51*, 56D, & 62M set to 61*

-Mizuno M-Craft OMOI Type 1 Blue Putter

The M5 is going to have to be really special for me to ditch my M4. I have a retail version but have added 8g of hotmelt. It is a freaking canon! And the straightest driver I've ever hit. But like any good club ho, I'll probably go hunting for that extra 5 yards

A good club ho would buy and test 3/4 driver shafts combos and then going back to your original gamer!

Titleist TSR3 8° Tensei Pro Orange 1K 60TX
Taylormade SIM Ti 5W 19° Tensei Pro White 70 TX
Taylormade SIM Tour Issue 19° 5W Diamana BF 80 TX
Mizuno JPX 921 Tours w/ Mitsubishi MMT TX125
Taylormade MG3 50.9/56.12 (TW)/60.11 (TW) w/ Mitsubishi MMT S125

Scotty Cameron Craftsman Squareback Proto 33.5"

The M5 is going to have to be really special for me to ditch my M4. I have a retail version but have added 8g of hotmelt. It is a freaking canon! And the straightest driver I've ever hit. But like any good club ho, I'll probably go hunting for that extra 5 yards?

If your launch and spin are right in the optimal window, that's what's most important. The M5 somehow is Launching higher and spinning less than anything in the previous line as well as producing fantastic speed numbers, but when push comes to shove I'll take ideal launch and spin over more ball speed. Of course having all of them is really the goal. :) M4 is a fantastic driver and when dialed in, it's very hard to beat.

The M5 is going to have to be really special for me to ditch my M4. I have a retail version but have added 8g of hotmelt. It is a freaking canon! And the straightest driver I've ever hit. But like any good club ho, I'll probably go hunting for that extra 5 yards

Those are my thoughts exactly on my TI 16M2. Here in Chicago, it's "simulator golf" season which means a lot of time in front of a GCQuad. Ballspeed, spin, launch angle are all pretty much ideal for me with this head. I bring some speed but still am "only" a 110 guy on average, but routinely see 165+ ballspeed and it's got to be a pretty poor strike to see spin ever get out of control.

Almost more impressive is seeing my TI DF 16M2HL producing 162 ballspeed off of the mat at 16.8 degrees of loft. Baffled how a 4W lofted head can come near to matching ballspeed of a driver head with 8 degrees of face loft.

The M5 is going to have to be really special for me to ditch my M4. I have a retail version but have added 8g of hotmelt. It is a freaking canon! And the straightest driver I've ever hit. But like any good club ho, I'll probably go hunting for that extra 5 yards��

Those are my thoughts exactly on my TI 16M2. Here in Chicago, it's "simulator golf" season which means a lot of time in front of a GCQuad. Ballspeed, spin, launch angle are all pretty much ideal for me with this head. I bring some speed but still am "only" a 110 guy on average, but routinely see 165+ ballspeed and it's got to be a pretty poor strike to see spin ever get out of control.

Almost more impressive is seeing my TI DF 16M2HL producing 162 ballspeed off of the mat at 16.8 degrees of loft. Baffled how a 4W lofted head can come near to matching ballspeed of a driver head with 8 degrees of face loft.

The M4 when weighted correctly is just a fairway finding MACHINE!!! I found the retail heads came in a couple grams light.....3-4 grams of hotmelt in the back made a HUGE difference. Point and shoot golf with that club.

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 (@9.5) Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6S (Testing Velocore + 6S)
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15 (@14.50) Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1S Tipped .5"
Callaway Apex "21" 19/3H Aldila Rogue Black TS95 Tipped .5"
Taylormade SLDR 4i DGSLS300S
Taylormade P750 7-PW P770 5i-6i DG AMT White S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG4TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Issued MG3 Hi Toe 60/09 DGTIS200 115
Scotty Cameron TeI3 Long Neck Newport 2 34" (34")
Bridgestone Tour B XS (Testing New TP5x)

The M5 is going to have to be really special for me to ditch my M4. I have a retail version but have added 8g of hotmelt. It is a freaking canon! And the straightest driver I've ever hit. But like any good club ho, I'll probably go hunting for that extra 5 yards��

Launch and spin are most important without question. Never give away ideal launch conditions to chase ball speed. There isn't enough speed to be had to make it worth it. I'm still playing my 2016 M2 and M2 tour deep face as well. That year's M2 lineup is just extremely hard to beat. If you need very very low spin, M5 is going to be a god send when set up correctly, but If you've got a 2016 M2, M3 or M4, and your launch parameters are ideal, stick with it.