Kiawah Island - Golf or Gourmet Escape Package Nov 12 - Mar 3

Comments

• kenoli22kenoli22 Members  79WRX Points: 61Posts: 79 Fairways
    Is a caddie necessary at Kiawah? I know it sounds like I'm being cheap, but I just prefer to not have one.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • tjbluetjblue Members  246WRX Points: 78Posts: 246 Fairways
    Yes, it's a great experience taking a caddie. I even enjoy the forecaddie they provide in the afternoon.
    Posted:
  • tideridertiderider Members  2987WRX Points: 2,023Handicap: 5ishPosts: 2,987 Titanium Tees
    kenoli22 wrote:

Is a caddie necessary at Kiawah? I know it sounds like I'm being cheap, but I just prefer to not have one.

no ... and ain't nothing wrong with being 'cheap' when a caddie adds $100 to the round ...
    Posted:
  • mci711mci711 ChicagoMembers  1591WRX Points: 550Posts: 1,591 Platinum Tees
    kenoli22 wrote:

I make the trip down and play the ocean course twice a year. 1 round I usually take a caddie, 1 round I don't. They really aren't necessary. The walk is pretty easy, and I think the course plays pretty straight forward. Greens aren't overly crazy. If you can read putts, physically able to carry then you'll be fine. Buy a yardage book.
    Posted:
  • gotaholen1gotaholen1 Members  129WRX Points: 41Handicap: 5Posts: 129 Fairways
    kenoli22 wrote:

It is not required. I carried and it is a pretty easy walk. I even saw a few people with push carts when I went Mid Jan. If you are staying on a tighter budget, make sure to stop and get essentials at a grocery store before you get to the island. The food at the resort is okay, but expensive. Places I would highly recommend checking out....

1. Low Tide Brewing Company

2. Swing and Swine (BBQ place)

3. Links course at Wild Dunes if you can get a good rate (don't play the Harbor Course)

4. Early Bird Diner if you like Diners
    Posted:
  • PapaJohickPapaJohick ShortKnocker Bombs Charleston, SCMembers  4631WRX Points: 233Handicap: 8Posts: 4,631 Titanium Tees
    Caddie is nice if you’ve never played it for certain lines off the tee, but certainly not necessary if you would rather save that cash (I don’t take a caddie when playing there).
    Posted:
    Forever Changing at this point.......

Advertisement
  • Ghost of SneadGhost of Snead Members  2893WRX Points: 288Posts: 2,893 Titanium Tees
    Drive into Charleston, checkout Hank's Seafood / Revelry or Cooper City Brewing and be careful driving back to Kiawah at night down Bohicket Road with the oak trees right next to the road.
    Posted:
    Taylormade 2016 M2 10.5* - Blue Tensei CK 70X
    Taylormade SLDR Mini 14* - Fujikura Motore Speeder 77X
    Callaway Apex UT 18° - Project X 6.5
    Callaway Tour Authentic X-Prototype 3-PW - Project X 6.5
    Vokey SM7 Raw 52.08F
    Vokey V-Grind 58.1
    Taylor Made Spider Mini
  • AustincountyagAustincountyag Members  240WRX Points: 78Posts: 240 Fairways
    I've played Kiawah once with the caddie and it was a cool experience. When I go back (eventually) I wont be getting a caddie.

for food we LOVED tattooeed moose on John's Island. Short drive from Kiawah, but cool atmoshpere and great food.
    Posted:

Just a heads up - I spoke with the resort yesterday and the deal is going to be announced early next week, for anyone wondering.

This will be my 4th year going and the first time I play a course other than The Ocean Course. Going to do 2 rounds there and 1 round on another course. My hope is I can get on to Cassique but if not is Osprey the best choice?

Posted:
  • cassel191919cassel191919 Members  212WRX Points: 65Posts: 212 Fairways

On -, @mci711 said:

Just a heads up - I spoke with the resort yesterday and the deal is going to be announced early next week, for anyone wondering.

This will be my 4th year going and the first time I play a course other than The Ocean Course. Going to do 2 rounds there and 1 round on another course. My hope is I can get on to Cassique but if not is Osprey the best choice?

What does this package generally run?

Posted:

On -, @cassel191919 said:

On -, @mci711 said:

$350 gets you 1 night at villa and 2 rounds on any course. Best value is obviously playing the ocean course twice.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • cassel191919cassel191919 Members  212WRX Points: 65Posts: 212 Fairways

On -, @mci711 said:

$350 gets you 1 night at villa and 2 rounds on any course. Best value is obviously playing the ocean course twice.

That is incredible. What would you say is the best month to get solid weather?

Posted:

On -, @mci711 said:

That is incredible. What would you say is the best month to get solid weather?

I go Thanksgiving week. I've gone Christmas. I've always had really good weather, but I think I was lucky in December. The average high for late November is high 60s. I'd assume November is your best bet. The deal usually starts the 2nd week of November

Posted:
  • DeacLaw05DeacLaw05 Members  380WRX Points: 80Handicap: 6Posts: 380 Greens

Any idea of what the window is? I know that is typically spans November-February, but didn’t know if any more specific info than that was available.

Posted:

On -, @DeacLaw05 said:

Any idea of what the window is? I know that is typically spans November-February, but didn’t know if any more specific info than that was available.

Not yet, they will send out an email next week.

Posted:
  • tjbluetjblue Members  246WRX Points: 78Posts: 246 Fairways

On -, @mci711 said:

On -, @mci711 said:

It use to be 300 for the villa and 400 for the hotel...can you confirm the price increase?

Posted:

Advertisement

On -, @tjblue said:

On -, @mci711 said:

On -, @mci711 said:

It use to be 300 for the villa and 400 for the hotel...can you confirm the price increase?

You may be right. Honestly can't remember what I pay. I looked at last years email and it said staring at $200 so idk.

Posted:
  • DeacLaw05DeacLaw05 Members  380WRX Points: 80Handicap: 6Posts: 380 Greens

Was thumbing through the newest issue of Links magazine and came across this ad.

Posted:
  • hangontighthangontight Members  736WRX Points: 197Posts: 736 Golden Tee

On -, @DeacLaw05 said:

Was thumbing through the newest issue of Links magazine and came across this ad.

Thanks for sharing, actually check the website this morning and it is still not posted

Posted:

On -, @hangontight said:

On -, @DeacLaw05 said:

Thanks for sharing, actually check the website this morning and it is still not posted

I called today and booked it.

Posted:
  • cubuffscubuffs Franklin, TNMembers  418WRX Points: 104Posts: 418 Greens

On -, @DeacLaw05 said:

Without a doubt, the best deal in golf. Went last year with a friend for three days and walked away completely impressed. Already trying to plan when we will go back again this year.

Posted:

Advertisement

On -, @cubuffs said:

On -, @DeacLaw05 said:

Without a doubt, the best deal in golf. Went last year with a friend for three days and walked away completely impressed. Already trying to plan when we will go back again this year.

Yup, I do it every year. It has become a Thanksgiving tradition. Usually go for 2 rounds on the Ocean Course, but adding a 3rd to check out Osprey this year and to have a "warm-up" round.

Posted:
  • cubuffscubuffs Franklin, TNMembers  418WRX Points: 104Posts: 418 Greens

On -, @mci711 said:

On -, @cubuffs said:

On -, @DeacLaw05 said:

Yup, I do it every year. It has become a Thanksgiving tradition. Usually go for 2 rounds on the Ocean Course, but adding a 3rd to check out Osprey this year and to have a "warm-up" round.

You will enjoy Osprey. We played it last year on a very windy day and it was a great break in between two rounds at the ocean. We also did two at cougar as well which we enjoyed.

Posted:
  • marks21marks21 Members  217WRX Points: 98Posts: 217 Fairways

How is the weather in February? We played the first week of December last year and caught is perfect day in the 60s.

Posted:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.5* HZRDUS Smoke 70X
    Titleist 917F2 15* Diamana D+ 80x
    Mizuno MP18 SC 3-PW KBS C Taper S+
    Muira Wedge Series 51* 55* 59* KBS C Taper S
    Toulon Portland H3
    Srixon Z-Star XV / Snell MTB-X

• tideridertiderider Members  2987WRX Points: 2,023Handicap: 5ishPosts: 2,987 Titanium Tees

they could charge $600 and it'd still be a great deal ...

Posted:

Got the email today.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • payerasjlpayerasjl Members  853WRX Points: 103Posts: 853 Golden Tee

shhhhhhh dont spread it.

Posted:
    CLO-MIA-DCA-BOG
    Get scratch or die trying
  • MichiganManMichiganMan HAIL TO THE VICTORS! GO BLUE! Winston-Salem, NCMembers  1693WRX Points: 232Handicap: +2.2Posts: 1,693 Platinum Tees

It appears they actually lowered the price from years past too! When I went a few years ago it was $300/nt in the Villas. I may have to find a way to convince my wife this is a good idea.

Posted:
    TaylorMade SIM Max 10.5* - Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Blue 7x
    TaylorMade M6 Rocket 14* - Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Blue 8x
    TaylorMade UDI 2 iron - Tour Only Project X HZRDUS 105g 6.5
    TaylorMade RSI 3 iron - KBS C Taper X
    Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4 iron - KBS C Taper X
    Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW - KBS C Taper X
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 2 54* SB - KBS C Taper S
    TaylorMade Milled Grind Hi-Toe 58* - KBS C Taper S
    Custom Cameron & Crown Mallet 1
    TaylorMade TP5x
  • pinhigh27pinhigh27 Members  9822WRX Points: 345Posts: 9,822 Titanium Tees

Ya is that per person or total?

Posted:

Advertisement
  • MichiganManMichiganMan HAIL TO THE VICTORS! GO BLUE! Winston-Salem, NCMembers  1693WRX Points: 232Handicap: +2.2Posts: 1,693 Platinum Tees

On -, @pinhigh27 said:

Ya is that per person or total?

It's always been based on double occupancy in the past. I just assumed it still was but it appears this may be based on an individual basis, which wouldn't be cheaper, so I'm not 100% certain.

Posted:
    TaylorMade SIM Max 10.5* - Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Blue 7x
    TaylorMade M6 Rocket 14* - Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Blue 8x
    TaylorMade UDI 2 iron - Tour Only Project X HZRDUS 105g 6.5
    TaylorMade RSI 3 iron - KBS C Taper X
    Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4 iron - KBS C Taper X
    Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW - KBS C Taper X
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 2 54* SB - KBS C Taper S
    TaylorMade Milled Grind Hi-Toe 58* - KBS C Taper S
    Custom Cameron & Crown Mallet 1
    TaylorMade TP5x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.