Cobra's new King F9 Speedback Driver, Woods, Hybrids and Irons (NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS)

GolfWRX

Has anyone noticed any issues with coating chipping on top near the face with either color?

I almost never hit the ball there, but I noticed a couple of demo clubs at the golf store that shown a lot of chipping. The white version with matte finish seemed a little more durable but maybe it was just a coincidence.

I'm just wondering about the quality of the finish lasting.

Has anyone noticed any issues with coating chipping on top near the face with either color?

I almost never hit the ball there, but I noticed a couple of demo clubs at the golf store that shown a lot of chipping. The white version with matte finish seemed a little more durable but maybe it was just a coincidence.

I actually have a chip on mine, I hit a ball high on the face, very small, but could be an issue . I just used some paint touch up and cannot see it from address. It was not a pop up, but right where the face meets the top.

TM Stealth 2+ 10.5deg Hzrdus Smoke 4G Black 60 6.0

Titleist TSi2 16.5deg Hzrdus Smoke Black 70 6.0

TM Stealth 2+ 3 Hybrid Project X Black 80 stiff

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

SC Newport Select 34" (rotate them)

TM TP5X

Being demos I would bet the house someone caught it too high on the face. Can't call that a defect at all. Had a Callaway rogue fairway that had a low paint line that chipped off after a high hit. I shouldn't have hit it there.

Let me tell you what Wooderson is packin'
Sim Max 12° Speeder NX 6s
Sim2 Max 15°
Ping G410 21° 
Ping G425 22°/25°
Ping G430 6-PW AWT Stiff
Ping Glide 3.0 GW/SW

Ping Eye 2 XG LW

Being demos I would bet the house someone caught it too high on the face. Can't call that a defect at all. Had a Callaway rogue fairway that had a low paint line that chipped off after a high hit. I shouldn't have hit it there.

I wasn't suggesting it a defect necessarily. I was just curious about durability.

Took the F9 driver and fairway out today. Got along really well with the driver, miss is a push off the toe, but still very playable. Center strikes were tight draws, great sound.

The fairway initially didn’t seem great. Was peeling some right, the sound/feel is really muted. Will need some more time with it.

9/14 fairways,one missed fairway was with the 3w, one driver was 2ft into the rough

Playing the atmos TS blue 7x in both

FYI Global has a 50% trade online bonus for F9 too, better values than Galaxy.

Just got my order in for a 9 degree Satin Black/Avalanche with Atmos Black.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1237994-my-carls-golfland-contest-fitting-experience-grab-a-drink/"]My Carl's Golfland / GolfWRX WITB story[/url]

Cobra F9, Atmos Black TS 6X
Titleist TS3 3w, Atmos Black TS 7s

Titleist 510 3i Atmos Black TS 9x
Srixon U85 4, z785 5-PW Modus 120x
Titleist Vokey SM5 50F/54M/58M, DG TIS400
EVNRoll ER5

What do you guys make of the Atmos Tour Blue 6?

It’s money for me, but I’ve always liked all the Atmos shafts. Different strokes for different folks.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

GC2 monitor follow up this morning. 148 ball speeds w 102 avg as. 247 carry avg. Strait and baby draws higher spin 2750 avg.

M6 tensi orange stiff Horrible for me. Gigantic head that I had trouble finding the center 240 avg 144 ball speeds and all over the screen. Moved on.

Callaway epic flash. Smoke 6.5X 145 ball speeds but low spin 2200. 250 avg carry but wider dispersion w some wild lefts in there .club was extremely loud and harsh imo but it does have some distance in it w low spin. Liked the look much better than TM.

Only club I'm still curious about is St190. F9 better fit for me all around as its easy for me to find center and feel suits me to a tee and anything in the 2500-3000 spin is okay for me.

Needed more confirmation after reading other threads. A lot of options out there this year. Wishing all the best and def try the F9 it's a good looking club that performs very good .reminds me of the Ping G LS series performance wise just better feeling.

Going to ice down as I'm wore out. PS. I hate monitors as I much prefer outside range to see ball flight and shot shape as its the ultimate decider.

I got a chance to try out the F9 driver at Edwin Watts while visiting my brother. Feel is solid, and I was getting noticeably more carry. I generally average about 235-240 carry/260 total @140-143 ball speed with my TS3, and was consistently getting 250-255 carry with the Cobra/ 270-275 total @ ~150 ball speed. I fear they had the elevation jacked up though. Going to take it to my local fitter and get on the GC Quad to see if the gains are legit. I LOVE my TS3, but if I can gain 10-15 in carry with Cobra forgiveness, it's gonna be mighty hard to turn down..

Callaway Paradym 12* (-1Std) Autoflex SF505X

Callaway Paradym Heavenwood

Ping G425M 20.5* Tensei Raw Org 75S

Ping G425 22* ADIZ85S

Ping G425 26* ADIZ85S

T100S 6-7 (1* weak) Aerotech FC115

T100 8-PW  Aerotech FC115

Titleist T100 50*  Aerotech FC115

Vokey SM8 54.12D/58.8M Aerotech FC115
SC Champ Choice Newport 2 Stability Shaft Tour

3wood - Hitting indoors is only useful I find for doing relative comparisons between clubs, and not objective findings. I've literally never had a monitor give me the same results as I see outdoors, whether it be too much or too little spin, distance, etc.

Just the other day I went outside with a new shaft in my hybrid and was hitting nice penetrating bullets that I was really liking. Go inside literally 3 days later and it tells me I'm hitting 120 foot high spinners at like 4500rpm. There's just no way my flight changed that much so quickly.

I find that the best approach for monitor stuff is to establish trends. Does club/shaft A tend to spin more than B? Do I see more speed out of one club than another? Is launch any different? Outdoors can produce totally different results, which I find happens almost always. Indoors... I'm a big time drawer of the ball but outside, I tend to usually find my ball fades. Is that me changing a bit going outside or is maybe the room/monitor not ideal to track that ball flight? Probably both.... but golf is played outdoors, and the ball/club, etc don't care how much things spin and whatnot. A real fit takes many rounds to nail down.

I got a chance to try out the F9 driver at Edwin Watts while visiting my brother. Feel is solid, and I was getting noticeably more carry. I generally average about 235-240 carry/260 total @140-143 ball speed with my TS3, and was consistently getting 250-255 carry with the Cobra/ 270-275 total @ ~150 ball speed. I fear they had the elevation jacked up though. Going to take it to my local fitter and get on the GC Quad to see if the gains are legit. I LOVE my TS3, but if I can gain 10-15 in carry with Cobra forgiveness, it's gonna be mighty hard to turn down..

yeah that's a pretty big jump...let us know and good luck

3wood - Hitting indoors is only useful I find for doing relative comparisons between clubs, and not objective findings. I've literally never had a monitor give me the same results as I see outdoors, whether it be too much or too little spin, distance, etc.

Just the other day I went outside with a new shaft in my hybrid and was hitting nice penetrating bullets that I was really liking. Go inside literally 3 days later and it tells me I'm hitting 120 foot high spinners at like 4500rpm. There's just no way my flight changed that much so quickly.

I find that the best approach for monitor stuff is to establish trends. Does club/shaft A tend to spin more than B? Do I see more speed out of one club than another? Is launch any different? Outdoors can produce totally different results, which I find happens almost always. Indoors... I'm a big time drawer of the ball but outside, I tend to usually find my ball fades. Is that me changing a bit going outside or is maybe the room/monitor not ideal to track that ball flight? Probably both.... but golf is played outdoors, and the ball/club, etc don't care how much things spin and whatnot. A real fit takes many rounds to nail down.

Amen Zig, I don't really trust indoors stuff but I do know exactly what I see on the range and course. GPS and Laser finders and the eye test are really hard to replace....

Amen Zig, I don't really trust indoors stuff but I do know exactly what I see on the range and course. GPS and Laser finders and the eye test are really hard to replace....

Yep. Trust... but verify.

I don't believe for 1 second that I'm spinning a 19* small hybrid like the H2 at 4500rpm... but the other shaft I was using gave me similar spin results and just a hair lower peak height. Therefore I can conclude that whatever the spin was... using the other shaft isn't likely to change it too much. I liked the feel of shaft A better, so... I'll go with that one for now until something changes. Maybe I will see it balloon a bit, but in the small bucket I hit last week, I just wasn't seeing that.

i really want to buy the fairway and hybrid....but i love my f8 and f7 so much I don't think it's worth it. can't wait for the driver to come.

The F9 could be one of the best looking hybrids ever made. I might like it so much because it looks similar to my i20, only better. Trying to stay strong and not pull the trigger on one....

Ping G430 LST 9* 
Ping G430 5W 17*

Ping G430 4H 21*

PXG 0211 XCOR2 Dark 6-L

Ping PLD Oslo 3

Titleist Pro V1 Yellow 

i really want to buy the fairway and hybrid....but i love my f8 and f7 so much I don't think it's worth it. can't wait for the driver to come.

The F9 could be one of the best looking hybrids ever made. I might like it so much because it looks similar to my i20, only better. Trying to stay strong and not pull the trigger on one....

It would make the decision a lot easier if they would have made the f9 adjustable like the f7. one of the few reasons i didn't get an f8.

I don't believe for 1 second that I'm spinning a 19* small hybrid like the H2 at 4500rpm... but the other shaft I was using gave me similar spin results and just a hair lower peak height. Therefore I can conclude that whatever the spin was... using the other shaft isn't likely to change it too much. I liked the feel of shaft A better, so... I'll go with that one for now until something changes. Maybe I will see it balloon a bit, but in the small bucket I hit last week, I just wasn't seeing that.

Both Ping and Callaway have stated that a hybrid will spin more than the iron it replaces. 4500 is a tad high but nor deadly so.

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Both Ping and Callaway have stated that a hybrid will spin more than the iron it replaces. 4500 is a tad high but nor deadly so.

4500 is too high for a low penetrating flight off the tee but yeah, for an off the deck shot into a green it's about spot on. It just wasn't consistent with what I Was seeing on the range, but... maybe I was just flighting the ball differently outside and doing a better job at knocking it down. Who knows. Inside swing is different than outdoor one for me Im guessing. Target 10ft in front of you vs many dozens or hundreds of yards in front of you...

So yeah I retract that, I can believe I did it, I just wasn't trying to.

Mine just game from DD

Once I install the tour issue Fubuki J 70 XX it’s going to be a monster :)

Looks good. Is that the tour length model?

No, I ordered it with custom weights.

I took it to the range today. My swing was way off due to working with a trainer on muscular imbalances in my legs/knees. (Now I’m not rotating my hips enough)

All my long irons and fairway woods were going 40 yards right of target and short. Think shank but hitting the sweet spot. Surprisingly i was hitting these high crazy tour fades with 166 ball speed and getting decent carry ~288 and accuracy.

Really happy with it

Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 7*........................Project X Smoke Green 60 TX
Taylormade Stealth Plus 13*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Taylormade Stealth Plus 17*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 9X

Srixon ZX Utility 3..........................................Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX
Srixon ZX Utility 4..........................................Dynamic Gold X7
Srixon ZX7 5-9...............................................Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland Zipcore Raw 47, 53......................Dynamic Gold X7

Vokey Wedge Works V Grind 59..................Dynamic Gold S400
Yes! Ann.........................................................KBS GPS 120

Mine just game from DD

Once I install the tour issue Fubuki J 70 XX it's going to be a monster :)

Looks good. Is that the tour length model?

No, I ordered it with custom weights.

I took it to the range today. My swing was way off due to working with a trainer on muscular imbalances in my legs/knees. (Now I'm not rotating my hips enough)

All my long irons and fairway woods were going 40 yards right of target and short. Think shank but hitting the sweet spot. Surprisingly i was hitting these high crazy tour fades with 166 ball speed and getting decent carry ~288 and accuracy.

Really happy with it

idk why but i chuckled at this. glad you like it!

It would make the decision a lot easier if they would have made the f9 adjustable like the f7. one of the few reasons i didn't get an f8.

i’m also still hanging onto my f7s. the ability to tweak gapping with a couple degrees of loft is awesome.

I actually have a chip on mine, I hit a ball high on the face, very small, but could be an issue . I just used some paint touch up and cannot see it from address. It was not a pop up, but right where the face meets the top.

Same here. I am a little disappointed as before touching it up it annoyed me.

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

This is why I still don't trust monitors fully. Ball speed? Fine. Launch angle/spin? Ok. Direction? Nah. I've hit maybe a couple hooks in the last 2 years....meanwhile I was missing 50 yards left on several shots on Trackman during my fitting. I hit a straight draw (if that exists) and my miss is a block to the right.

Testing indoors on launch monitors (perhaps all but GC Quad) I would only trust a comparison between 2 different clubs. Trackman outdoors is phenomenal, but indoors is just too tough to judge. I wish more driving ranges had some sort of launch monitor, but they don't.

Driver: Cobra LTD Pro 7.5o - Kuro Kage DC XT 70 TX - Tipped 1"

UDI: 2019 TaylorMade P790 2i

Irons: 3-PW: Srixon z745 with Modus 130x

Wedges: 52o/56o/60o - Cleveland RTX4s

Putter: Ping Kushin 4

This is why I still don't trust monitors fully. Ball speed? Fine. Launch angle/spin? Ok. Direction? Nah. I've hit maybe a couple hooks in the last 2 years....meanwhile I was missing 50 yards left on several shots on Trackman during my fitting. I hit a straight draw (if that exists) and my miss is a block to the right.

Testing indoors on launch monitors (perhaps all but GC Quad) I would only trust a comparison between 2 different clubs. Trackman outdoors is phenomenal, but indoors is just too tough to judge. I wish more driving ranges had some sort of launch monitor, but they don't.

Amen to this. I use indoor Trackman mainly for ball speed and launch angle stuff. Spin... jury is out so I don't take it as gospel, but I will use it to compare between clubs for a relative comparison. Unless indoor Trackman has like 20 or 30ft after your ball to the screen, it's probably not the best. GCQuad is hands down the best for indoor in my experience, but others may have experienced different.

There's been times on indoor TM where I 100% know I hooked something and it says it cut, or a time where I know I hit the ball a bit on the toe (driver) but it says I push cut the ball. I don't get too caught up in that... that place I go to which has TM is mainly just for practice and to stay warm in the winter. Sounds snobby, because it kind of is, but I'll only get fit on GCQ. Not many places local have it, I have to go to TXG or maybe there's this new place in NYC I might try, since that's a little faster (and cheaper) than flying into Canada.

Amen to this. I use indoor Trackman mainly for ball speed and launch angle stuff. Spin... jury is out so I don't take it as gospel, but I will use it to compare between clubs for a relative comparison. Unless indoor Trackman has like 20 or 30ft after your ball to the screen, it's probably not the best. GCQuad is hands down the best for indoor in my experience, but others may have experienced different.

There's been times on indoor TM where I 100% know I hooked something and it says it cut, or a time where I know I hit the ball a bit on the toe (driver) but it says I push cut the ball. I don't get too caught up in that... that place I go to which has TM is mainly just for practice and to stay warm in the winter. Sounds snobby, because it kind of is, but I'll only get fit on GCQ. Not many places local have it, I have to go to TXG or maybe there's this new place in NYC I might try, since that's a little faster (and cheaper) than flying into Canada.

Fun fact. I was hitting all my Drives on Trackman about 140-160 feet. Average was 150, literally. Highest was 202 feet. I wonder what Ian would say about that LOL.

Driver: Cobra LTD Pro 7.5o - Kuro Kage DC XT 70 TX - Tipped 1"

UDI: 2019 TaylorMade P790 2i

Irons: 3-PW: Srixon z745 with Modus 130x

Wedges: 52o/56o/60o - Cleveland RTX4s

Putter: Ping Kushin 4