Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***)

We got a covering of ice in southern ohio over night. Just thick enough that it will take some warmer temps to melt it. Just hope

it melts before the rain starts ,otherwise it could get ugly.

Toj,were exactly are you located? I want to find it global positioning. The flooding over there is terrible. Stay safe guy !

We live in Tinney rd, Upper Caboolture, nice rural area but only 3 miles from main shopping.

Found Tinney road...thats a lot more populated than I expected ! Looks like a nice rural area...close enough to needed stores,but a lot of trees !

I could handle that !

How close to the Bush Garden Nursery are you ?

about one kilometre, they are only a wholesale nursery. Area is now being built up a little more, it for some reason was not a popular area but we think it’s perfect fo us and we back onto the state Forrest. The name Caboolture has had a bad name for a long time, many unemployed not nice people but Upper Cboolture is far enough away so we can forget they exist. They also mainly use a major shopping mall that we avoid totally unless absolutely desperate for certain items, so shopping is good, we also have a Costco and Ikea within half hour drive, so all of our needs are satisfied, apart from the cash to visit more often.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

We got a covering of ice in southern ohio over night. Just thick enough that it will take some warmer temps to melt it. Just hope

Toj,were exactly are you located? I want to find it global positioning. The flooding over there is terrible. Stay safe guy !

We live in Tinney rd, Upper Caboolture, nice rural area but only 3 miles from main shopping.

Interesting my son and DIL lived not too far away from you in 2013 as they were about 40 minutes south of Brisbane as I recall. Google maps are a wonderful thing!

That would be about 1 1/2 hour drive from us with the traffic, pretty bad going through Brisbane, even though there is a bypass.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Found Tinney road...thats a lot more populated than I expected ! Looks like a nice rural area...close enough to needed stores,but a lot of trees !

I could handle that !

about one kilometre, they are only a wholesale nursery. Area is now being built up a little more, it for some reason was not a popular area but we think it’s perfect fo us and we back onto the state Forrest. The name Caboolture has had a bad name for a long time, many unemployed not nice people but Upper Cboolture is far enough away so we can forget they exist. They also mainly use a major shopping mall that we avoid totally unless absolutely desperate for certain items, so shopping is good, we also have a Costco and Ikea within half hour drive, so all of our needs are satisfied, apart from the cash to visit more often.

So being 5:25 PM here in Ohio, what time is it there for you tol?

I could handle that !

guess he's gone for now... for whom the bell tols...

Let's play find Tol's abode. Half way around the globe. Think I have it spotted, based on the information provided. South of Petersen Road. Backs up to the large forest area on the west side of the road.. Looks like Tinney makes a hard left then dead ends into the woods. Say'n it's the house with the tan roof right at the curve. He's never mentioned the estate has a pool, so don't think it's the house next door.

Tol time is 15 hours latter than EST, 9:00 a.m. Tuesday morning. He probably having breakfast with his bride.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

I could handle that !

Was 8.25 am,we were out shopping

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

At the Grille Cyndy says that Gus got him a new Sue Video cooker and it really works! On the menu: Ribs eyes stakes with mushrumes and selid grenes.

Nicely cooked almost still walking.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Let's play find Tol's abode. Half way around the globe. Think I have it spotted, based on the information provided. South of Petersen Road. Backs up to the large forest area on the west side of the road.. Looks like Tinney makes a hard left then dead ends into the woods. Say'n it's the house with the tan roof right at the curve. He's never mentioned the estate has a pool, so don't think it's the house next door.

Tol time is 15 hours latter than EST, 9:00 a.m. Tuesday morning. He probably having breakfast with his bride.

Nice try, not quite correct, breakfast was well and truly finished half way through shopping by then.

Off to my favourite place today. NOT. The dentist, think I may come back home a little lighter.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Twice in this life, I've seen the impossible. Have seen the unlikely quite often. But on two separate and distinct occasions, I witnessed the totally unexplainable.

First one was with my brother. He had a not-so-expensive telescope. As in you might find the moon in it. And if so it would look pretty fuzzy. But one way or the other, and until the day he died, we both were sure we saw not one, but two UFOs one evening. The only thing that made our claim half believable to our parents was the fact we saw what we saw with our eyes and not through that cardboard collide-scope. This did happen. My only peace in it was we each had a witness - each other. And FWIW, neither of saw such a thing ever again. Nor did either of us go thru any pursuits to become UFO "buffs" on any level. It's very simple. We saw what we saw. And it was over. We knew it. We knew it wasn't ever going to be real to anyone else. And while we never went around discussing it, we knew it. That was good enough for us. This happened in the mid 1960s.

This takes me to occurrence #2. (Enter at your own risk from this point forward).

1971-ish. Cousin Eddie, accidentally invented butt paste whilst working on the world's first microwaveable football. His plan was to reinflate a football left in the cold night air. Well things went awry at somewhere between the 2:15 and 2:42 mark on 'high'. All we knew for sure was Eddie's pants AND the microwave oven door both turned up two blocks away. Aunt Lucy's pancake batter and a half-dozen sticks of butter cracked Eddie's rear end and put a hole in it.

We never saw the football, again. Either it vaporized, or it's hovering out there in low earth orbit somewhere to this day - Which might cause two backyard brothers with a cheap telescope to believe they've just seen a UFO.

Of these two occurrences - one is actually true! Will let you decide. And enjoy that butt paste y'all! :)

Twice in this life, I've seen the impossible. Have seen the unlikely quite often. But on two separate and distinct occasions, I witnessed the totally unexplainable.

First one was with my brother. He had a not-so-expensive telescope. As in you might find the moon in it. And if so it would look pretty fuzzy. But one way or the other, and until the day he died, we both were sure we saw not one, but two UFOs one evening. The only thing that made our claim half believable to our parents was the fact we saw what we saw with our eyes and not through that cardboard collide-scope. This did happen. My only peace in it was we each had a witness - each other. And FWIW, neither of saw such a thing ever again. Nor did either of us go thru any pursuits to become UFO "buffs" on any level. It's very simple. We saw what we saw. And it was over. We knew it. We knew it wasn't ever going to be real to anyone else. And while we never went around discussing it, we knew it. That was good enough for us. This happened in the mid 1960s.

This takes me to occurrence #2. (Enter at your own risk from this point forward).

1971-ish. Cousin Eddie, accidentally invented butt paste whilst working on the world's first microwaveable football. His plan was to reinflate a football left in the cold night air. Well things went awry at somewhere between the 2:15 and 2:42 mark on 'high'. All we knew for sure was Eddie's pants AND the microwave oven door both turned up two blocks away. Aunt Lucy's pancake batter and a half-dozen sticks of butter cracked Eddie's rear end and put a hole in it.

We never saw the football, again. Either it vaporized, or it's hovering out there in low earth orbit somewhere to this day - Which might cause two backyard brothers with a cheap telescope to believe they've just seen a UFO.

Of these two occurrences - one is actually true! Will let you decide. And enjoy that butt paste y'all! :)

I knew I was not imagining my sighting. Only once, went by so fast I did not think it was real, the speed and the burning smell just like an exhaust. Very happy knowing it was real.

By the way did Eddie recover?

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

When I was 6 or 7, my parents were driving on what was then a three lane highway, a couple miles from home. Three lane highway, someone's genius idea, two lanes, with a middle passing lane for both ways. Stupid, but I digress.

I'm in the back seat, and on a hill across the river, I see a UFO, bright lights, etc. Mentioned it to Mom. who just dismissed it. The next day, the newspaper was filled with stories of people witnessing the event. The ground was reported to be burned, but "experts" dismissed the event. I never became interested in space or UFOs.

Yesterday, I mailed my income taxes. Waited in line for 15 minutes at the post office. The lady clerk weighed my letters, and also I bought a book of stamps. She charged me $11.55. Getting into the car, looking at the receipt, I see $11.00 for the stamps, and .55 for the one letter. She didn't charge me .70 for the Federal envelope. I go back in and there's another 15 minute line. (One clerk working the window.) I jump the line, and tell her about the error. She thinks about it, puzzled, and tells me I owe .70. I pay and she thanks me for my honesty. The old lady she was waiting on remarked to me that she is as honest as I am. Everyone else there looked at me as if I was nuts.

I don't know why, but I walked out of there, knowing I did the right and honest thing, but I felt stupid.

Raining as I write.

When I was 6 or 7, my parents were driving on what was then a three lane highway, a couple miles from home. Three lane highway, someone's genius idea, two lanes, with a middle passing lane for both ways. Stupid, but I digress.

I'm in the back seat, and on a hill across the river, I see a UFO, bright lights, etc. Mentioned it to Mom. who just dismissed it. The next day, the newspaper was filled with stories of people witnessing the event. The ground was reported to be burned, but "experts" dismissed the event. I never became interested in space or UFOs.

Yesterday, I mailed my income taxes. Waited in line for 15 minutes at the post office. The lady clerk weighed my letters, and also I bought a book of stamps. She charged me $11.55. Getting into the car, looking at the receipt, I see $11.00 for the stamps, and .55 for the one letter. She didn't charge me .70 for the Federal envelope. I go back in and there's another 15 minute line. (One clerk working the window.) I jump the line, and tell her about the error. She thinks about it, puzzled, and tells me I owe .70. I pay and she thanks me for my honesty. The old lady she was waiting on remarked to me that she is as honest as I am. Everyone else there looked at me as if I was nuts.

I don't know why, but I walked out of there, knowing I did the right and honest thing, but I felt stupid.

Raining as I write.

Local store gave me $200 change instead of $20, he is now my best friend as he would have had to pay the shortfall,out of his own pocket. I was looked at by other customers as if I was mad.

If it’s my 1c it’s my 1c. If it’s his 1c it’s his 1c. Has to go both ways.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Raining as I write.

Local store gave me $200 change instead of $20, he is now my best friend as he would have had to pay the shortfall,out of his own pocket. I was looked at by other customers as if I was mad.

This has happened to me on several occasions. I always inform the clerk of the mistake and return the excess or pay the additional. I've had them look at me like I was from Mars, but I suppose that's only natural because they didn't realize that they made a mistake and can't see it when pointed out to them quite often.

Folks maybe good with computers and social media, but they're absolutely lousy with literacy and numeracy! Learning a skill is a dying art. It's far easier to make a few keystrokes and something magically appears. Where's the reward in that? They don't know the satisfaction of overcoming mistakes and stretching one's boundaries.

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Raining as I write.

Absolutely agree

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

I find it sad every time i watch a cashier,under the age of 40,trying to make change when the computer doesn't tell them how much to give back.

They simply cannot do it. And if the power is out...in bright daylight...no visibility loss...the stores will shut down,because

they cannot operate without the computer cash drawer and receipt maker. They simply cannot do it. Folks will come up with a lot of reasons

but in reality,the loss of the machine making change and receipts is the problem.. I know the one youngster( 27) who could not operate

the register....the older lady(50's) went to the back...got a calculator. booklet of receipts....and proceeded to run customers...may have taken a minute longer for each one,but everyone was happy.

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

And I do not even want to think about our kids no longer being taught cursive writing........think what the future documents will look like.

and the signatures on them.....course...the way some folks scribble their signature,not much difference. But,i guess I am getting too old because

I cannot see why it would no longer be taught.. Must be well above my pay grade !

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

I knew I was not imagining my sighting. Only once, went by so fast I did not think it was real, the speed and the burning smell just like an exhaust. Very happy knowing it was real.

He had to swat flies for a couple of weeks but his problems were soon behind him!

And I do not even want to think about our kids no longer being taught cursive writing........think what the future documents will look like.

and the signatures on them.....course...the way some folks scribble their signature,not much difference. But,i guess I am getting too old because

I cannot see why it would no longer be taught.. Must be well above my pay grade !

They don't call you and ask your opinion, Bill? Me neither my friend. Wonder who gets the call?

I'm betting it's Radro. :)

Dreary cold rain has forced all thoughts of golf indoors.

I fall into this same trap every year. Can't resist indoor putting practice. But doing so turns me into a great indoor putter who gets lost in the fog outdoors. In effect, the reps backfire. Once on the course with a scorecard in my pocket I'm suddenly lousy out there.

Don't know exactly what it is. Have checked "green speed" with a make-shift stimp and it's not that. Best way I can define it is getting used to four walls. Once they're not there, my whole sense of perception is whacked. The same is true in reverse. By season end, having been putting in the great outdoors, I miss indoor putts by a country mile.

Last time I checked, building walls on a green is frowned upon by the course super. They have no sense of humor about such things.

Have already done the damage (again) this winter. Lots of reps - lots of basic grip, setup, PSR, stuff. Putts are rolling well. And most assuredly, I'll log 40+ putts next time I play.

The one game element I've disciples myself to NOT do at home is any form of chipping/pitching. No dry swings, no mat swings, no backyard swings. Those shots either get rehearsed at a practice facility, on the course, or not at all. Have never been able to replicate the endless varieties of turf, lie, terrain, and such at home.

Somebody come and kidnap my putter before I hurt myself!

One of my neighbours who has his own electrical business will not use or own a computer, his only concession to technology is a very old mobile phone, no way is it an IPhone. His theory is that when all the technology breaks down from some massive hacking event etc. all his account are in a book, he writes letters instead of Email. Claims he will be the only functional human being when the crash comes.

Me love technology, cram our house full of whatever we can afford and get to work.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Dreary cold rain has forced all thoughts of golf indoors.

I fall into this same trap every year. Can't resist indoor putting practice. But doing so turns me into a great indoor putter who gets lost in the fog outdoors. In effect, the reps backfire. Once on the course with a scorecard in my pocket I'm suddenly lousy out there.

Don't know exactly what it is. Have checked "green speed" with a make-shift stimp and it's not that. Best way I can define it is getting used to four walls. Once they're not there, my whole sense of perception is whacked. The same is true in reverse. By season end, having been putting in the great outdoors, I miss indoor putts by a country mile.

Last time I checked, building walls on a green is frowned upon by the course super. They have no sense of humor about such things.

Have already done the damage (again) this winter. Lots of reps - lots of basic grip, setup, PSR, stuff. Putts are rolling well. And most assuredly, I'll log 40+ putts next time I play.

The one game element I've disciples myself to NOT do at home is any form of chipping/pitching. No dry swings, no mat swings, no backyard swings. Those shots either get rehearsed at a practice facility, on the course, or not at all. Have never been able to replicate the endless varieties of turf, lie, terrain, and such at home.

Somebody come and kidnap my putter before I hurt myself!

40+ putts that few, getting better then :)

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

One of my neighbours who has his own electrical business will not use or own a computer, his only concession to technology is a very old mobile phone, no way is it an IPhone. His theory is that when all the technology breaks down from some massive hacking event etc. all his account are in a book, he writes letters instead of Email. Claims he will be the only functional human being when the crash comes.

Me love technology, cram our house full of whatever we can afford and get to work.

LOL I like his style ! My phone is a flip case trac phone...15 bucks a month gets me 300 minutes of calls,texts and data use...it rolls over....get a new card for 30 dollars every other month.. I can take photos...send email...it does all i need. I have no idea what the advantages and bells and

whistles on an I- phone or smart phone are all about. they are too big for my shirt pocket, so i'll keep the El Cheapo !

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

He had to swat flies for a couple of weeks but his problems were soon behind him!

Behind :taunt:

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Ok, my UFO story, you can think I'm nuts if you want. It was 1967, in September, North Tonawanda NY, about 11:00 PM, I was walking home alone in our neighborhood from my girlfriend's house. To my right the sky lit up about a 1/2 mile away at a height of only about 800 ft. high. There was this orange disk looking thing travelling at a high rate of speed from my right to my right center and it was weird looking. I immediately got scared and in awe at the same time. Two jets were chasing it which I didn't know at the moment cause I didn't hear them yet, but it did a 180* out in front of me just like that and went to my left and then up, and away and out of sight. The whole thing was only about 6-8 seconds. By the time it was gone, I finally heard the sound of the jets and I could see that there was no way they could make that kind of turn although they did their best to track it and follow. Meanwhile my eyes were watering and my skin was goosebumping. There was nobody out to say anything to of course, so I ran down the street and instead of going down the sidewalk and around the corner to our house, I went through a yard and over a fence to get to our place and woke up my mom and stepdad. Of course he didn't care one bit, but my mom came outside with me, as I was talking 90 miles an hour, and we stood out there and watched the sky for about 15 minutes. It seemed like there were a bunch of planes out by then, at least to me, but she got tired and went back to bed. I don't think I slept much that night. I can still see it to this day. I tried to make a sketch (below) but it doesn't do it justice. I just remember the bright orange, and the speed, and the silence of it.

Edit: Looks like we had a lot of activity up there in our area in the 1960's http://www.niagarafallsreporter.com/mysterious.html

They don't call you and ask your opinion, Bill? Me neither my friend. Wonder who gets the call?

I'm betting it's Radro. :)

Ya, I'm the one who gets the calls and MAKES the CALLS. If you don't like anything going on in

the world it's my fault. I got the call and made the call. Actually, it's fun sometimes. Sometimes, I

make calls just to see what the he** will happen. BTW, my super secret code name is Murphy

Pandora. It's Irish Italian and I was given it while at a dinner meeting with the Powers That Be

at Luigi Murphys back in my NorCal days in the Valley of Silicon. After the dinner was over I

traveled in the Valley Between the Silicons. Bouncy ride to say the least.

That dinner was so cool. Not only did I get to meet The Powers That Be, I also got to meet "They".

So now, when you hear yourself or someone else mention "They", now you know that I know who

"They" really are. It's either "They" or The Powers That Be who call me to "make the call".

Ok, my UFO story, you can think I'm nuts if you want. It was 1967, in September, North Tonawanda NY, about 11:00 PM, I was walking home alone in our neighborhood from my girlfriend's house. To my right the sky lit up about a 1/2 mile away at a height of only about 800 ft. high. There was this orange disk looking thing travelling at a high rate of speed from my right to my right center and it was weird looking. I immediately got scared and in awe at the same time. Two jets were chasing it which I didn't know at the moment cause I didn't hear them yet, but it did a 180* out in front of me just like that and went to my left and then up, and away and out of sight. The whole thing was only about 6-8 seconds. By the time it was gone, I finally heard the sound of the jets and I could see that there was no way they could make that kind of turn although they did their best to track it and follow. Meanwhile my eyes were watering and my skin was goosebumping. There was nobody out to say anything to of course, so I ran down the street and instead of going down the sidewalk and around the corner to our house, I went through a yard and over a fence to get to our place and woke up my mom and stepdad. Of course he didn't care one bit, but my mom came outside with me, as I was talking 90 miles an hour, and we stood out there and watched the sky for about 15 minutes. It seemed like there were a bunch of planes out by then, at least to me, but she got tired and went back to bed. I don't think I slept much that night. I can still see it to this day. I tried to make a sketch (below) but it doesn't do it justice. I just remember the bright orange, and the speed, and the silence of it.

Edit: Looks like we had a lot of activity up there in our area in the 1960's http://www.niagarafallsreporter.com/mysterious.html

Question, what had you been drinking, we’re you in love and dreaming about what could be. Were you sleep walking????????

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***)