Cobra F9 irons!!!!!!

collingsom1a

When I did a brief test back in January the distance was impressive but what was really impressive was the dispersion with that tungsten toe and heel weight in the 7. Oh my. At the flag every shot.

I will be giving them a full test when my shoulder improves.

Also their hybrids and driver, but that new Mizuno is probably going in the bag

Mizuno ST-Max 10.5 Smoke RDX 50 5.5, AI Smoke 10.5 with HZRDOUS RDX RED 50 5.5

Mizuno ST-MaX 5 stock Kail'l R

Mizuno ST-Max 7 stock Kail'l R

AI Smoke HL 7-AW Nippon Neo 85

AI Smoke 7/8 Hybrid HZRDOUS Siver 65 Gen 4 5.5

Cleveland Full Face 52

Cleveland Full Face 56

Odyssey Jailbird 380

Titelist prov1x/Callaway Chrome Soft

Get this, ordered a custom set of F9 irons Speedback on Sunday, February 3rd. I ordered 2nd day air and was expecting them in a week or so. They were delivered next day air on Tuesday, February 5th.

1. I was shocked at the order fulfillment speed.

2. The clubs are sweet. I ordered the recommend Fujikura Atmos 6 graphite senior shaft and although I've only been able to hit a few indoors, I think it is very comparable to my prior shaft preference of UST Recoils F2's.

3. I thought I would be a little bothered by the thicker club head, but after hitting a few shots, I don't even notice it because I'm just so impressed with how they feel. Definitely the software feeling heads I've ever hit.

I won't get a chance to play a round with these till the first week in March when we travel to Laughlin, NV to visit my sister, but I'm really excited to see if they perform as good as they feel and look.

Get this, ordered a custom set of F9 irons Speedback on Sunday, February 3rd. I ordered 2nd day air and was expecting them in a week or so. They were delivered next day air on Tuesday, February 5th.

2. The clubs are sweet. I ordered the recommend Fujikura Atmos 6 graphite senior shaft and although I've only been able to hit a few indoors, I think it is very comparable to my prior shaft preference of UST Recoils F2's.

3. I thought I would be a little bothered by the thicker club head, but after hitting a few shots, I don't even notice it because I'm just so impressed with how they feel. Definitely the software feeling heads I've ever hit.

I won't get a chance to play a round with these till the first week in March when we travel to Laughlin, NV to visit my sister, but I'm really excited to see if they perform as good as they feel and look.

Congrats. I ordered mine on a Monday, received that friday and was surprised as well with the turn time. They do feel great. Being in Des Moines, I am in the same situation not being able to play until a trip to Mexico in a few weeks.

Rogue ST Max 9 Degree Tensei AV White 65x
G400 3 Wood Tour75x

Sub70 699U 2 Hzrdus Smoke 6.5
G400 3 Hybrid Tour85x
PXG 0211DC 5-GW Tour Elevate x
PXG 0311 52 & 58 Tour Elevate x
Taylormade Spider X

Congrats. I ordered mine on a Monday, received that friday and was surprised as well with the turn time. They do feel great. Being in Des Moines, I am in the same situation not being able to play until a trip to Mexico in a few weeks.

What have you been playing. I have been playing the Ping i500's and/or Callaway Apex 16's. I think there are more to my liking.

What have you been playing. I have been playing the Ping i500's and/or Callaway Apex 16's. I think there are more to my liking.

I played the 714 ap1 the last 5 seasons.

G400 3 Wood Tour75x

G400 3 Hybrid Tour85x
Taylormade Spider X

Anyone hit the hybrids?

I ordered the 4h with my irons and just had a chance to hit it indoor and it feels really, really good. Easy to hit, nice sound, swing weight is very nice, and seems to be exactly what I'm looking for. I won't know for sure till I play a round with them.

I am curious on the hybrid as well if anyone has feedback. I will search the other thread as well. I spent time hitting all my clubs in foresight to get carry distances and the f9 4 iron is close to my g20 19 degree in carry - no surprise given the lofts. I am curious on the 2 hybrid.

G400 3 Wood Tour75x

G400 3 Hybrid Tour85x
Taylormade Spider X

More interested in the speed back driver launch monitor #'s vs the new ping g410, anyone have that ?

Doubt you'll find it in the thread about the F9 irons. Plenty of Youtube reviews on the driver with numbers.

Driver: Callaway Rogue STMaxLS 10.5 Degree

5 Wood: Cobra LTDxLS @ 17.5 Degree

Hybrid: Cobra King OS 3-4 Hybrid @ 20.5 Degree

Hybrid: Cobra Aerojet @ 24 Degree

Irons: Taylormade 2021 P790's 5-AW

Wedge: Taylormade MG3 54 Degree

Wedge: Callaway Sureout 2 @ 60 degree

Putter: PXG Closer

I'm also wondering if anyone has turned the 4i into a driving iron. I was looking to basically recreate Rickie's 4i that he beats with the AD IZ shaft that comes out next month.

Has anyone had any luck with throwing a hybrid shaft into the 4i? Any tipping required?

Thanks!

Titleist TSR3 10* - Tensei 1K White 60TX

Callaway Paradym TD 15* - Mitsubishi Kaili White 70X

TRS2 21* - Hzrdus Black Gen 4 80X

Titleist T100 - Project X 6.5

Titleist Vokey SM 9 48*/53*/58* - Dynamic Gold S400 Onyx

Taylormade Spider X

2023 ProV1X

I'm also wondering if anyone has turned the 4i into a driving iron. I was looking to basically recreate Rickie's 4i that he beats with the AD IZ shaft that comes out next month.

Has anyone had any luck with throwing a hybrid shaft into the 4i? Any tipping required?

Thanks!

I emailed Cobra about the f9 4i as a driving iron. They recommended I have them install an 80 gram KBS TGI graphite in it, bend strong, and at 3 iron length. Not sure what the cost will be, but I imagine it will come out cheaper than the P790 UDI I have had my mind on.

Thanks!

I emailed Cobra about the f9 4i as a driving iron. They recommended I have them install an 80 gram KBS TGI graphite in it, bend strong, and at 3 iron length. Not sure what the cost will be, but I imagine it will come out cheaper than the P790 UDI I have had my mind on.

There are a few graphite options at no upcharge for the f9 irons when ordering a single iron. Not sure any will work, but looks like the price is 130 and there a few more available with an upcharge!

Thanks!

There are a few graphite options at no upcharge for the f9 irons when ordering a single iron. Not sure any will work, but looks like the price is 130 and there a few more available with an upcharge!

I've actually sent an email to Cobra myself asking them about whether or not they plan to sell the f9 in a driving iron set up with the upcoming released GD AD IZ hybrid shaft - the same one (to my knowledge) that Fowler is playing so well with. The uncut AD IZ hybrid shaft is 42 inches so I wonder if cutting it down to 39.5 would damage the integrity of the shaft. I will post an update if Cobra gets back to me.

Titleist TSR3 10* - Tensei 1K White 60TX

Callaway Paradym TD 15* - Mitsubishi Kaili White 70X

TRS2 21* - Hzrdus Black Gen 4 80X

Titleist T100 - Project X 6.5

Titleist Vokey SM 9 48*/53*/58* - Dynamic Gold S400 Onyx

Taylormade Spider X

2023 ProV1X

Well that can be distracting, I'll agree. It might be enough distracting that some people just can't get past it. On the other hand, if the results of the iron's performance is overwhelming in and of itself, then it can be very easy to overlook this issue.

Whatever,..........to each his own.

Hey man, I'm the dude

Well that can be distracting, I'll agree. It might be enough distracting that some people just can't get past it. On the other hand, if the results of the iron's performance is overwhelming in and of itself, then it can be very easy to overlook this issue.

This is what you are looking down at in the 4 iron. A chunky iron has never bothered me - ultimately the performance is all I care about. The last pic is the wedge, which i think looks good at address.

G400 3 Wood Tour75x

G400 3 Hybrid Tour85x
Taylormade Spider X

To be fair, quite a few driving irons are going to be showing their drawers! I get the sentiment and think the sole/cavity is gawdy, but they look good at address.....not sure where the cut off point is where you can start to see the sole/cavity?

Not sure if this is what you were asking, but you will see a sliver of the sole in the 7 iron, but nothing from the 8 down.

G400 3 Wood Tour75x

G400 3 Hybrid Tour85x
Taylormade Spider X

This is what you are looking down at in the 4 iron. A chunky iron has never bothered me - ultimately the performance is all I care about. The last pic is the wedge, which i think looks good at address.

Thanks for posting these pics. The 4 iron is about the same as a Srixon 585 and does not look that bad

I don't get along at all with the new Cobra F9 driver but these irons are a different story.

I've hit the 7 iron in the store a couple of times (latest today) and this iron is seriously good. I get that "players" won't like it because of the depth of the sole, how big it is and how the back flange shows at address but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Feels almost like the entire face is the sweet spot. Forgiveness, which is pretty much what GI clubs are for, is excellent.

Despite the forged face I don't think anyone will confuse it with a true forged iron.

Hit it anywhere near the sweet spot and it feels flush. Distance is excellent and beats out the 790 and new M5 (which is very good as well BTW) irons but with irons it's all about dispersion; distance is secondary.

Today I tried several shafts with the F9; DG X100, DG AMT White, KBS Tour FLT 120 and a Modus-3 105. All were very good but the straightest one was, surprisingly to me, the KBS.

Been thinking of changing the whole bag this early part of '19 and, while a fair bit more testing is need, these will be serious contenders.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

To be fair, quite a few driving irons are going to be showing their drawers! I get the sentiment and think the sole/cavity is gawdy, but they look good at address.....not sure where the cut off point is where you can start to see the sole/cavity?

Not sure if this is what you were asking, but you will see a sliver of the sole in the 7 iron, but nothing from the 8 down.

Yes, thx!

Just checked and Cobra is offering a good selection of steel shafts at no up charge - pretty well the full range of KBS shafts, Nippon 950/Modus105/Modus130, TT XP95/DG/DG AMT. Too bad its parallel and not taper tip shaft.

Standard length is a bit on the long side, 38" 6 iron and 36" GW. The F9's actually have less offset than the F8's, 0.5mm less in the 6 iron increasing to 1.5mm less in the PW. Strange because my first thought when I set them down was that they had more offset than last years. Wasn't going to hit them, but I'll have to give them a shot based on what you guys are saying.

I really like them as well when I demo,d them, hit both the SL and regular version. Although they are fugly from the sole/cavity, they look good at address, IMO what actually matters. Offset did not appear to be that much, topline was good there is bevel to reduce.the size, and what I would consider a generous blade length without being huge. They are definitely not compact. Forgiving,feel is good, and easy to hit. What I'm not a fan of is the stock shaft offering, too light. Kudos to cobra as they have a really good list of no upcharge shaft offerings on their site, but that does not help when wanting to demo one, you are stuck with what they have in the store. And the lies are 1* more upright than standard, so if you need any more than 1* flat (from a regular standard) you are out of luck. As a result these are a no go for me. Likely was not buying them anyway, but the lie angles rule these out from the jump!

Just FYI Ode, you can order these sticks up to 3* flat directly from Cobra, or your chosen fitter, that's what I did!