Colorado WRX 2019

pseudoswede

Sigh. I've been in California and Arizona for the past month (since Jan. 5) and I come home last night and this starts up. Between cooler temps and my work/vacation schedule, I honestly may not get a round in until April. This is killing me!

You can at least try to hit up South Broadway CC or Fairways and get a round in that way...it's not the same, of course, but it's better than nothing!

Or hang out with the split-grip golfers at the Radisson Aurora...

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

Can anyone confirm that the Springs didn't get much snow today? That is what my weather app says. If so, golf might be an option on Saturday for me. :)

This is what you want to look at during the day to really know if you'll be able to play: https://www.broadmoo...gallery/webcam/

I called today. They said the Broadmoor got 3-5" of snow last night. He said if the weather warms up as expected, they may open the course next Thursday/Friday. :(

Sigh. I've been in California and Arizona for the past month (since Jan. 5) and I come home last night and this starts up. Between cooler temps and my work/vacation schedule, I honestly may not get a round in until April. This is killing me!

You can at least try to hit up South Broadway CC or Fairways and get a round in that way...it's not the same, of course, but it's better than nothing!

Or hang out with the split-grip golfers at the Radisson Aurora...

Who knows what my swing may look like anyway. I might fit right in.

Can anyone confirm that the Springs didn't get much snow today? That is what my weather app says. If so, golf might be an option on Saturday for me. :)

This is what you want to look at during the day to really know if you'll be able to play: https://www.broadmoo...gallery/webcam/

I called today. They said the Broadmoor got 3-5" of snow last night. He said if the weather warms up as expected, they may open the course next Thursday/Friday. :(

Yeah. I had looked in the morning and saw all the snow. Sorry. I am going to be out there Friday/Sat next week, so I'm hoping it does melt in time.

I'm assuming there will be no place open Sunday, but....any chance there are any areas that didn't get the recent snow?

If you're really itching to play, the courses in Pueblo are open. Unless you're living down in Castle Rock that's a 2 hour drive though.

I've never played Four Mile Ranch. $35 to walk/$50 with cart in winter. Their tee sheet is pretty open. Anyone interested around noon tomorrow?

I'm probably going to wait till morning to book anything since there's a slight chance of flurries tonight.

Anyone else hit up the golf expo?

I bought the 4-pack to Marianna Butte for $190, Heritage Eagle Bend for $152, and Hyland Hills gold course for $140. All include cart and have no restrictions on times.

Also won a free round to Family Sports as well as hot dog chips and a soda.

Some other highlights include $30 off for each member of your foursome to Ironbridge which if you do the $79 twilight brings it down under 50 bucks.

Also Keystone in June is doing all you can play for $80 on either/both of their courses. ($110 in July-August) June seems like good value when there are many hours of daylight.

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

I bought the 4-pack to Marianna Butte for $190, Heritage Eagle Bend for $152, and Hyland Hills gold course for $140. All include cart and have no restrictions on times.

Some other highlights include $30 off for each member of your foursome to Ironbridge which if you do the $79 twilight brings it down under 50 bucks.

Also Keystone in June is doing all you can play for $80 on either/both of their courses. ($110 in July-August) June seems like good value when there are many hours of daylight.

$140 for Hyland Hills is pretty good deal.

Hit it up today and drug the wife around .... Ooooo she was in heaven. ;)

Picked up the Iron Bridge ball chips for $30 off. Did the Hyland Hills Gold Course deal which is killer. Looked at MB and Eagle Bend. MB is so far away so I passed, I live very close to EB but not a "fan" but the price was killer. *some of hte longest rounds I have played have all been a EB.......

I did snag for fun/history a John Reuter jr stamped Acushnet offset bullseye putter for $10 =) Titleist (Acushent) bought out John Reuter's company (original Bulls Eye putter designer) and if you can find one that has his stamp on it they are a bit more rare. Has original shaft and grip to match the markings on the sole which shocked me The guy I bought it from had no idea that Acushnet was Titliest...........??

I was there today also, didn’t really accomplish much. I don’t know the Denver courses well enough to know what are good values, so didn’t buy anything.

The pass or value card for $39 looked intriguing, but so many of the deals were 2 for 1’s and right now my rounds are mostly solo.

Man there were a lot of people there.

If you don't want your chips, I call dibs!

I live very close to EB but not a "fan" but the price was killer. *some of hte longest rounds I have played have all been a EB.......

Yeah I hear ya, when a course doesn’t enforce pace of play it sours me as well no matter how I feel about the course otherwise.

GVR will likely never see another dime from me for this reason. Did the expo deal their last year and the last 5 holes took over 90 minutes to play. When we got to the tee box on 15 there were already 3 groups on the hole, so we made it 4. That is just unacceptable IMO. Never saw a marshal once. I get that Denver courses are packed on weekends but something like that would never happen at certain courses, so I think it’s reasonable to expect it at a course that charges as much as GVR does.

Marianna is very far but it will be one of those things we’ll just make a day out of and probably play 36 in like late June. My buddies picked up a 2 for 1 at Highland Meadows so that might be a good option.

Hyland Hills is a decent track for $35 w/cart. Just bothers me that the restaurant isn’t owned by the course and you have to go all the way up to the range to buy a beer for the course. So silly.

Four Mile Ranch was a blast. That might be my second favorite public course in the state. It was in great condition with almost nobody out there and really fun to play with a 2 club wind. That would be a great weekend golf trip in the summer and really cheap too. $60 with cart + $15 replay rate on the weekend in the summer. Dakota Hot Springs pool after golf. Then play Walking Stick and Desert Hawk the second day before heading home.

Four Mile Ranch was a blast. That might be my second favorite public course in the state. It was in great condition with almost nobody out there and really fun to play with a 2 club wind. That would be a great weekend golf trip in the summer and really cheap too. $60 with cart + $15 replay rate on the weekend in the summer. Dakota Hot Springs pool after golf. Then play Walking Stick and Desert Hawk the second day before heading home.

Though alot of people have indicated Dakato Hot Springs has gone down hill lately. No personal knowledge just what I have heard.

Four Mile Ranch is a fun course and always seems to blow 15-20 mph.

Though alot of people have indicated Dakato Hot Springs has gone down hill lately. No personal knowledge just what I have heard.

I've never been to it. It looked a little sketchy from the road driving by, but the parking lot was full so some people still like it.

Canon City may have the mildest winters in this state.

Couple 50 degree days this week, hopefully it melts enough to maybe make the end of the week a possibility.

I don’t like that we seem to be stuck in this cycle of nice days for just long enough that you want to play but then more snow and cold hits and you have to start the process all over again

Random question, but anyone considering a ball change this year? Or at least trying something different out?

The $30-$40 a dozen balls seem to be my sweet spot, but there are so many options in that price range now. Really impressed by the Tour Soft despite it being a 2 piece. I’m intrigued by the new ERC despite those goofy lines. Played the project a for most of last year and really liked them.

Will still likely use either Chrome Soft or TP5 for “important” rounds.

Couple 50 degree days this week, hopefully it melts enough to maybe make the end of the week a possibility.

I don’t like that we seem to be stuck in this cycle of nice days for just long enough that you want to play but then more snow and cold hits and you have to start the process all over again

Yeah, you watch the extended forecast and it always looks good a week or so out. Then gets progressively worse as you move through the week.

Random question, but anyone considering a ball change this year? Or at least trying something different out?

The $30-$40 a dozen balls seem to be my sweet spot, but there are so many options in that price range now. Really impressed by the Tour Soft despite it being a 2 piece. I’m intrigued by the new ERC despite those goofy lines. Played the project a for most of last year and really liked them.

I’ll probably stay with the Schnell Red this year for my primary. But I think I’ve got a few dozen older TM Tour Preferred, Srixons, and TP5 that I’ll use in casual rounds.

Speaking of, has anyone ever done a ball fitting, either at PGA SS or elsewhere? I'm kind of all over the place with ball selection. I've played Vice and Snell options, liked both. I've played the Chrome Soft a lot, different Srixon models, TP5, and, most recently, I've been playing the Bridgestone Tour B. And of course the occasional ProV that I either find or get a sleeve as a gift. Wondering if I should just keep my scatter approach or just pick a ball and stick with it.

I really like the BS E6 Soft personally. Usually I buy 5A used ProV's and the E6 work a bit better all around for me

I got 4.75 dozen QSTs for this year. I really want to give the Snell black a try though.

I got 4.75 dozen QSTs for this year. I really want to give the Snell black a try though.

I’ll look and see if I have any more. If I do I’ll get you a sleeve to try.

As long as I can occasionally get Srixon Z-Star XVs for $20/doz, I have no reason to switch. I believe I have about 7 dozen. I also have a 2-3 dozen Pro V1x's in my garage waiting to be used.

Patty Jewett was open on Sat. We played, it's a decent track. I'd play it again for sure. $33 to walk, easy flat walk.

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+