Bridgestone E12 golf balls

Golfer_1993

I have played the E6s for as long as I can remember. Finally started to do a bit of ball testing last year. Will definitely be grabbing a box of these to test out on Feb. 15!

Driver: Titleist TSI3 10 Deg - Tensei AV Raw White 65

Fairway Wood: Titliest TSI2 15 Deg - Tensei AV Raw White 65
Hybrid: Titleist TSI2 18 Deg - Tensei AV Raw Blue Hybrid 65
Irons: PXG Gen4 0311 P 4-GW - KBS Tour 120
Wedges: Vokey SM9, 54 & 60 - AMT Red 

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 / Never Compromise Dinero Prototype 

Ball: Srixon ZStar Diamond / Chrome Soft X

$29.99. Hmmm seems a bit high. Assuming this is the answer to the Callaway Superhot Bold which is the same price but for 15 balls.

At $23-25 I’m in. But not $30.

Ping G430 Max 10.5 Tensei Orange AV Raw 55 Reg

Ping G430 SFT 5w 19* Alta Black Reg

Ping G430 SFT 7w 23* Alta Black Reg

Tour Edge Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design G-Series Reg

Ping G425 6-UW Alta Slate Reg

Ping Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* DG Spinner

Cleveland Smart Sole C 4.0 

Ping 2023 Anser D

Handicap: 8.2

Played two sleeves of this ball during the fall. I have been playing more of the premium balls the past few years like CS, B330, ProV1X. The only pitch I was given is that there is a ton of research that this reduced sideslin (like e7?)

Either way. My draw was piercing with this ball. That was the biggest learning experience off

The tee for me. My apex was definitely lower.

The short game? It feels firm but in a very good way. Full wedge shots were incredibly rewarding with plenty of height. Played in a rain storm and the cover grabbed my club face well.

I’m doing a ball fitting later this year and these will definitely be in the mix. My drives took on another ball flight all together and that’s what I can’t get over right now.

Played two sleeves of this ball during the fall. I have been playing more of the premium balls the past few years like CS, B330, ProV1X. The only pitch I was given is that there is a ton of research that this reduced sideslin (like e7?)

Either way. My draw was piercing with this ball. That was the biggest learning experience off

The short game? It feels firm but in a very good way. Full wedge shots were incredibly rewarding with plenty of height. Played in a rain storm and the cover grabbed my club face well.

I’m doing a ball fitting later this year and these will definitely be in the mix. My drives took on another ball flight all together and that’s what I can’t get over right now.

Does the matte finish feel slick like the Duo matte or Project S matte ? or does have a grabby silicon rubber heel like the Superhot Bold matte or 2018 Volvik Vivid ?

Ping 2023 Anser D

Hello how does this new e12 compare to the TourB Rx?

I did a ball fitting at the PGA merch Show with them and I actually got fit for the TourB Rx. I was surprised because I thought I’d get fit for an e12 option for sure. The Rx have the urethane cover where the e12 options do not from what I can tell. I topped out at about 98 mph for the swing speed (not bad for not swinging since October I figure - I’m a mere mortal). Did not get a chance to hit any e12’s but I like the matte finish.

Modern bag:
Nike vr str8 fit tour set at 11
Ping rapture v2 4 wood
Nike vr_s 3 and 4 hybrids
Maltby mmb 5-pw
Carnahan 52/56/60 wedge
Rotating door of putters

Sunday/quick nine walker:
Callaway warbird deuce 2 wd
Callaway warbird 4 wd
Hogan apex pro 4-E
Ping eye 2 W and S
Ping cushin putter

Classic bag:
Palmer Chattanooga driver
Hogan Slotline 4 wd
Palmer Standard 85 3-pw
Same ping eye 2 sw
Wilson professional 600 putter

I did a ball fitting at the PGA merch Show with them and I actually got fit for the TourB Rx. I was surprised because I thought I'd get fit for an e12 option for sure. The Rx have the urethane cover where the e12 options do not from what I can tell. I topped out at about 98 mph for the swing speed (not bad for not swinging since October I figure - I'm a mere mortal). Did not get a chance to hit any e12's but I like the matte finish.

Thank you for the feedback. I guess I will stick with the Tour BRXs.

• 2 weeks later...

I assume the e12 will replace the e6 line?

No the E6 is staying, but dropping price to 21.99$. The E12 will be sold at 29.99$.

That may just be for show as the retailers burn off existing stock, doubtful that Bridgestone will be producing anymore of the e6 this year.

The Site That Shall Not Be Named did an exhaustive article about the e12, and it was stated that the e6 wasn't going anywhere.

Does the matte finish feel slick like the Duo matte or Project S matte ? or does have a grabby silicon rubber heel like the Superhot Bold matte or 2018 Volvik Vivid ?

Would it be a cop out if I said it wasn’t like any of those? Not grippy matte finish. I can’t recall having to slide under many lob shots with this ball. Full wedge shots sat and spun with no issue.

Plus I haven’t had extensive time with matte balls except for the Duo U and Volviks

I did a ball fitting at the PGA merch Show with them and I actually got fit for the TourB Rx. I was surprised because I thought I'd get fit for an e12 option for sure. The Rx have the urethane cover where the e12 options do not from what I can tell. I topped out at about 98 mph for the swing speed (not bad for not swinging since October I figure - I'm a mere mortal). Did not get a chance to hit any e12's but I like the matte finish.

BRXs is definitely gonna have a softer feel to it as well.

Would it be a cop out if I said it wasn’t like any of those? Not grippy matte finish. I can’t recall having to slide under many lob shots with this ball. Full wedge shots sat and spun with no issue.

Plus I haven’t had extensive time with matte balls except for the Duo U and Volviks

Held them in the store. Definitely the slick matte finish which is a hard pass for me. Callaway SH Bold And the 2018 Volvik Vivid got it right with the silcone grabby feel.

The new Supersoft matte ball has the same grabby feel. Can’t wait for it to come out next month. I think it will bury all the $30 matte balls.

Ping 2023 Anser D

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tested or played the e12 Soft or Speed? I’m unfortunately not is season yet, and was hoping to hear feedback on this ball line. I really look forward to trying it out soon...

I will be testing it next week over 4 rounds, I'll try to do a review for March 10th. I played the E6 Speed for the last year, so I will try to do a comparison.

If they're anything like the E6 before they split it off into two lines, I'm interested.

If not, for $30 I'd rather play the Q-Star Tour.

This. Saw 2 dozen 2017 e6's on ebay new in box for $30, snatched them up quick. Between those and the 2 dozen k-sigs I should be set until I know more about these e12's

Played the E12 Soft today. I think it will be a very good ball. Good distance and behaves well on shots into the green. Has a decent feel off the putter. This could be the ball for 2019. Was playing Callaway balls before, but have always liked the Bridgestone Golf balls. Played them as well.

Gil Leonard

I've been comparing the e12 with the ERC. I've been playing the Bridgestone Tour RX for the last year.

Just able to hit both indoors for the last couple weeks and I think the ERC has a better feel and more spin off the short irons and wedge. I'll finally get a chance to play out doors in another week and will be evaluating the e12, ERC, RX, and TP5 with some on course shots. I'll let you know what kind of results I get.

I've been comparing the e12 with the ERC. I've been playing the Bridgestone Tour RX for the last year.

Just able to hit both indoors for the last couple weeks and I think the ERC has a better feel and more spin off the short irons and wedge. I'll finally get a chance to play out doors in another week and will be evaluating the e12, ERC, RX, and TP5 with some on course shots. I'll let you know what kind of results I get.

JJ - I’d love to know when testing is complete what your thoughts are.

Last year I mostly played TP5x and Snell Red. Bridgestone website said I fit the profile of B RX, so I’m going to test that along with QST this year.

A fitter told me last week he’d suggest I test out QST, B330s, and chrome soft x for my swing.

TSR2 8.0 / Tour AD CQ 6S

TSR2 16.5 / Ventus TR Red 7X

Epic Max 18 / MMT 70X 

U505 22 / HZRDUS RDX 6.0 80Hy

Artisan HC 6-P / KBS C-Taper Lite 115X

Artisan 49, 54, 59 / KBS C-Taper Lite 115X

Revolving Putter

• 2 weeks later...

So I played this ball for 3 rounds in early March. I've been playing the E6 Speed before, so I went and bought a dozen of E12 Speed. Over 3 rounds, I noticed a bunch of difference from the E6: Some good, some bad.

First the good:

* It's longer (well for me it was). Multiple time during my rounds, my drives were over 300 yds, which for me was new. I'm usually around 290 yds. On irons and wedges, I was about 5 yds longer, which was nice.

* It has a good feeling on impact. I liked the E6, but for me it had that clicky sound at impact that was bugging me, and it felt clicky on wedge shots. The E12 is way better. It feels good at impact, on every club.

* It spins. Seriously. Does it zip back? No. But on wedge shots under 100 yds, pitch and chip, the ball reacts the way you want it to react. That actually left me some long putts during my first round since I didn't know how much check I would get. You can also shape the ball a lot better than the E6.

Now the bad:

* I only have one bad remark: for a surlyn cover... the ball get scuffed a lot. I had to switch balls every 6 holes because the cover was getting damaged from short iron shots and wedge shots. I used to play 9+ holes with the E6 Speed without any scuff marks.

So there you go. I recommend you try the ball for a round, see how it feels. for $30, I think it's a really great ball.

> @L29 said:

> On the website it still shows the e6 speed/soft to be multilayer at 21.99. Will this ball eventually go to a 2 piece? 21.99 is a pretty good price for a 3 piece ball if its going to remain that way.

Considering the new E12 series is also a 3 piece ball, and is supposed to be the successor of the E6, I'm guessing at some point they will convert to a 2 piece ball. If not, you're right, a 3 piece ball at 21.99 would be a really great price, but it would probably hurt the sales of the E12 balls.

Heck, it's worth a shot at $30 for a box.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!