Taylormade M5 & M6 Woods - Pics added page 46

chadillac65

I have never gotten along with Taylormade drivers and quite honestly hate their marketing. I went to get fit at a reputable company in Las Vegas who is brand neutral. He actually is on staff with mizuno for irons. I currently game a rogue sub zero and switch between an Accra tour z and the Graphite design listed in my signature. On this day I had the Accra in and he MADE me hit the Taylormade when I was for certain going to buy either the F9 , the Mizuno or the Epic Flash. Boy am I glad he did. The m5 with the stock tensei orange not only carried 10 yards further than its closest competitor (my rogue) it also rolled out 8 yards further than my rogue. The spin was basically the same with the stock tensei and the dispersion and sound were much better as well. I ordered one on the spot and am going back next week for a shaft fitting. I was absolutely blown away. I am typically a high spin player and the m5 killed the spin for me. I can't wait to get it with a custom shaft to really see what it can do.

Keep us in the loop on how the shaft fitting goes. When I hit with the standard orange at stiff I was missing left with a draw but spin and trajectory was perfect at 15 and 1700 . There was a comment made that I didn’t need a shaft fitting with these #s.

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5. @ 45.5”

Driver Shafts: Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX & MCA Kai’Li White 70X

Mizuno ST Max 230 12.0 Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 6.5 @ 45.25”
ON ORDER: Mizuno ST Max 230 15.0 Mitsubishi Rayon Kai’Li Blue 70X

Mizuno STZ 230 Hybrid 19.0 @ 17.0 UST Lin-Q Blue 75 F5

ON ORDER: Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S & 58/4X Nippon Modus Pro 120X

🤔 Titleist Vokey SM9 60 K Grind 

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

I have to say with the design of the M5 and M6 drivers, they look gigantic at address, almost like they are 580 cc or something. For some reason though, the fairway woods look good and perfect size, even the M6 which is larger cc (181) than I normally like. Now this has no impact on performance because I didn't get a chance to hit them.

You're not alone lol I thought the same thing when I first saw them.

This is surprising to me. I have compared my 2017 M2 to both the M5 and M6 and actually thought the exact opposite. The M2 looked gigantic next to both of them. Interesting.

I thought it was just me. I thought the M5 looked like a Tour head and relatively small compared to my M1

I have never gotten along with Taylormade drivers and quite honestly hate their marketing. I went to get fit at a reputable company in Las Vegas who is brand neutral. He actually is on staff with mizuno for irons. I currently game a rogue sub zero and switch between an Accra tour z and the Graphite design listed in my signature. On this day I had the Accra in and he MADE me hit the Taylormade when I was for certain going to buy either the F9 , the Mizuno or the Epic Flash. Boy am I glad he did. The m5 with the stock tensei orange not only carried 10 yards further than its closest competitor (my rogue) it also rolled out 8 yards further than my rogue. The spin was basically the same with the stock tensei and the dispersion and sound were much better as well. I ordered one on the spot and am going back next week for a shaft fitting. I was absolutely blown away. I am typically a high spin player and the m5 killed the spin for me. I can't wait to get it with a custom shaft to really see what it can do.

Keep us in the loop on how the shaft fitting goes. When I hit with the standard orange at stiff I was missing left with a draw but spin and trajectory was perfect at 15 and 1700 . There was a comment made that I didn’t need a shaft fitting with these #s.

My spin is usually around 2300-2750 with stock shafts and this one was right at 2000-2300 but I did hook a few. I hit the x flex and it helped a bit but the numbers were outrageous. I would have done a shaft fitting right then but he had another appointment set up so I couldn't do it. He was thinking a mid/ low shaft would be best for me and that I could probably get another 10-13 yrds in carry. These m5's are amazing and I never thought I'd own a taylormade club ever again.

I hit most the new fairway woods yesterday (less ping and Mizuno) and the only one that didnt go left and gave me a straight shot to a slight cut which is what I want was the m6 rocket 14 degree. This was a beast. The shaft is junk and with poor custom options Im putting my own shaft in it. The surprising thing was how high I could hit off the deck on a tight mat as well. The epic flash sat closed and just didnt get along with flash subzero. The cobra tour just hooked. Also not a fan on the m5 either. I will say I hit the standard m6 and it spun way too much. The rocket was quite a bit better.

Rocket boys ;)

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

I have to say with the design of the M5 and M6 drivers, they look gigantic at address, almost like they are 580 cc or something. For some reason though, the fairway woods look good and perfect size, even the M6 which is larger cc (181) than I normally like. Now this has no impact on performance because I didn't get a chance to hit them.

This is surprising to me. I have compared my 2017 M2 to both the M5 and M6 and actually thought the exact opposite. The M2 looked gigantic next to both of them. Interesting.

I thought it was just me. I thought the M5 looked like a Tour head and relatively small compared to my M1

Agree. My 2017 M1 looks larger to me

Rogue ST LS 10.5 | TSi2 15 | G425 4H 20.5 | ZX4 4 | ZX5 5-P | CBX ZC 48 & 52.5 | RTX ZC TR 58 | Itsy Bitsy Spider | TP5x

I hit most the new fairway woods yesterday (less ping and Mizuno) and the only one that didnt go left and gave me a straight shot to a slight cut which is what I want was the m6 rocket 14 degree. This was a beast. The shaft is junk and with poor custom options Im putting my own shaft in it. The surprising thing was how high I could hit off the deck on a tight mat as well. The epic flash sat closed and just didnt get along with flash subzero. The cobra tour just hooked. Also not a fan on the m5 either. I will say I hit the standard m6 and it spun way too much. The rocket was quite a bit better.

Rocket boys ;)

Looks great man, do you love it!

Rocket boys ;)

Looks great man, do you love it!

I will say I did enjoy hitting it at the range. I have to like the look. Looks great. Sound is fantastic. And it was pretty dang consistent. It was spinning with the stock stiff, so I just put in the hzrdus black 75 6.5. Should take care of that. I do also have a speeder tour spec, and a diamana d+ ltd white 70x to try. I went with the hzrdus because it was tip heavy and I needed the swingweight to work out with my midsize grip....complications of a club ho!..... I will put it up against my g400 hzrdus yellow 75 6.5 which nothing has beat yet in two years.... the m5 also felt great but did not get the consistency, I think due to the stock shaft in it must be a terrible fit for me. Maybe a ts3 or pxg in the mix as well.

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

Agree. My 2017 M1 looks larger to me

Well, I also thought the 2017 M1 looked large. I think its just with the way the crown is. With just a little white or silver surrounding the carbon, for some reason they just look really big to me. The other manufacturers drivers don't look as large.

M5 looks small to me. Particularly against the m1 v2

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

My spin is usually around 2300-2750 with stock shafts and this one was right at 2000-2300 but I did hook a few. I hit the x flex and it helped a bit but the numbers were outrageous. I would have done a shaft fitting right then but he had another appointment set up so I couldn't do it. He was thinking a mid/ low shaft would be best for me and that I could probably get another 10-13 yrds in carry. These m5's are amazing and I never thought I'd own a taylormade club ever again.

So I had your existing driver shaft in an m1 440 and it didn’t go well because tm tipped it twice , I sent it back and they tipped it again. I found the pro orange in stiff to be much straighter with the same numbers of launch and spin. Might be an option for you.

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

Looks like both my rocket 3 and 5 woods in the M5 shipped and will be here Thursday. Originally when I custom ordered them it was saying March for the 5 wood and April for the 3. My spider x has not shipped yet though.

Titleist TSR2 9 w/Ventus Black 6X
TM BRNR Mini 13.5 w/Ventus TR Blue 7X

Titleist TSI2 18 w/Ventus Black 9X or TM P760 3 w/HZRDUS Black 6.5 105
Artisan FC 4, Artisan HC 5&6, Artisan MB 7-PW (4 TI X100 120, 5-PW TI X100)
Artisan 51,55,60 (51 TI X100; 55,60 TI S400)
Artisan 0117 Slant Neck

Hitting the rocket in the net some today....This is what happens when you hit a prov1 ball too many times with the Rocket 3 wood...

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

Also, it was the loudest sound ever in the history of hitting golf balls...Haha.

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

Looks like both my rocket 3 and 5 woods in the M5 shipped and will be here Thursday. Originally when I custom ordered them it was saying March for the 5 wood and April for the 3. My spider x has not shipped yet though.

My M5 rocket 3 shipped today as well and says Thursday, however FedEx has been around 5 days late with my last few packages. FedEx sucks!

Just got my M5 rocket in with a Tensei Pro White TX 80. Cranked it down to 12 degrees and this thing flies. Ill be playing the first tournament of the year tomorrow and its going straight in the bag as a driver replacement. Got to get the fairway %s up!

I thought about doing the same thing. I’ve been stuck on ordering either the rocket 3 or the 15* and cranking it down

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

That’s the whole point of the white on the head ... the visual was to look larger and more forgiving. I bag the 440 and it looks about perfect to me.

PXG Black Ops Tour 1 Fujikura Motore X F3

PXG Black Ops 3 wood hzrdus black

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid hzrdus black

TaylorMade P770 4-9 KBS Tour

TaylorMade  MG 46/52/58wedges

TaylorMade Spider mallet 72 putter

So I had your existing driver shaft in an m1 440 and it didn’t go well because tm tipped it twice , I sent it back and they tipped it again. I found the pro orange in stiff to be much straighter with the same numbers of launch and spin. Might be an option for you.

I ordered it with the stock tensei orange in xstiff and we will see what happens. I am a shaft snob so I will be buying something aftermarket unless the numbers are worse. The stock shaft is damn good though you're right. So much better than any other driver I've purchased before.

Has anyone compared the 3W and 5W when using adjustment. I only carry one wood and wondering which direction to go. I have an M 3 and 5 right now and I switch them out depending on the course. What I'm wondering is if there is anything surprising when you adjust each to 17 degrees and would I rather have the 3 wood adjusted up or the 5 wood adjusted down if I'm going that direction. Honestly I'm half tempted to keep my current setup the way it is because I have the flexibility but these M5s look so good.

I know I should figure all of this stuff out on my own but I'm 2 hours from anywhere I can do that. It's just as affordable to guess and check sometimes.

Depends if you like an open or closed face. If you adjust the 15* club up to 17* it will close the face a fair amount. Likewise if you adjust a 19* club down to 17* it will open the face up.

I use a 15* adjusted down a bit instead of a 13.5* adjusted up for this specific reason - I like my clubs to sit a bit open.

I ordered it with the stock tensei orange in xstiff and we will see what happens. I am a shaft snob so I will be buying something aftermarket unless the numbers are worse. The stock shaft is damn good though you're right. So much better than any other driver I've purchased before.

Well I’m a shaft snob too so torn between the pro orange tx and the regular x . I might go your route as well. What loft did you go with?

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

Just got my M5 rocket in with a Tensei Pro White TX 80. Cranked it down to 12 degrees and this thing flies. I'll be playing the first tournament of the year tomorrow and it's going straight in the bag as a driver replacement. Got to get the fairway %'s up!

Is your driver set to 7*?

Yes...

About 12 years ago I broke my left leg badly and I hit everything on the up and spin it very high.

Didn't carry a driver today. Hit 12/14 fairways but my iron play was shocking. Didn't loose too much distance and on a wet course I wasn't hitting anything crazy with my approach shots. Couple of times I'd be hitting a 6 where in the summer with a well struck drive I'd be hitting an 8.

Just got my M5 rocket in with a Tensei Pro White TX 80. Cranked it down to 12 degrees and this thing flies. I'll be playing the first tournament of the year tomorrow and it's going straight in the bag as a driver replacement. Got to get the fairway %'s up!

Is your driver set to 7*? ��

Yes...

About 12 years ago I broke my left leg badly and I hit everything on the up and spin it very high.

Didn't carry a driver today. Hit 12/14 fairways but my iron play was shocking. Didn't loose too much distance and on a wet course I wasn't hitting anything crazy with my approach shots. Couple of times I'd be hitting a 6 where in the summer with a well struck drive I'd be hitting an 8.

Damn I hear ya!

Two hip surgeries later, I come into the ball differently each swing lol. Try to save it with matrix levels of hand eye

Took the M6D head and a M5 5w to TopGolf last night. Once I put a tee in the ground at proper height vs the 1/2in tee they provide the Driver was awesome. Loved the tight ball flight and launch, the sound and feel were great. Hit the 5w with the Tensei Orange and was super impressed how it felt. It was set 1 open and was giving me missiles off the back screen, I currently do not have a fairway so his may go right in the bag. Driver will be in the bag with either the Tour Blue 75x, the new Tour Blue, or an IZ. Love the Tour Blue, not sure if I should go IZ 6x, 7s, or 7x when I order to try??

TM M6 10.5 Ventus Blue 6S Velocore 
TM GAPR Hi 3 KBS C-Taper Lite
TM 2011 Tour Issue MC 4-PW KBS Tour 120
TM MG2 Nickel 50 and 54 KBS Tour 120

TM MG2 Raw 58 KBS Tour 120
TM Black Copper Soto TP Collection 34in
TM TP5X balls Yellow/Pix