New Titleist TS drivers

LifeAfterBogeys

I have plenty of rounds under my belt now with the TS3 and today took it out alongside the Taylormade M6, just curious to see how it stacks up.

Didn't take me long to come to the conclusion that out of those two I made the right choice.

I was utterly disappointed with the M6 and I don't think I have ever felt that way about any brand or club before.

Next up the TS3 maybe has a couple of tougher opponents to test out on the course the new Mizuno driver and the Cobra F9

I just got the F9 to put against my TS3, and the initial results are favoring the F9, but I only hit them together twice now. I love TS3, but the F9 for me looks perfect at address, and feels more powerful at impact.

How did dispersion stack up against F9?

I thought they were pretty similar, the F9 seems longer, and for me, it feels better, especially on off center hits. I have only hit at the range, the course will be the deciding factor.

I think F9 might be the most "forgiving" on off center hits, i.e. retains highest ball speeds of all drivers (possibly ever produced). Unfortunately, for me the F9 was the least "forgiving" when it came to directional misses. I just hit every ball left with it.

I would love to hear how it compares to Titleist on course as far as dispersion goes. I can get into a grove on the range with any club after a while, but course is a completely different game, as we all know.

I have plenty of rounds under my belt now with the TS3 and today took it out alongside the Taylormade M6, just curious to see how it stacks up.

Didn't take me long to come to the conclusion that out of those two I made the right choice.

I was utterly disappointed with the M6 and I don't think I have ever felt that way about any brand or club before.

Next up the TS3 maybe has a couple of tougher opponents to test out on the course the new Mizuno driver and the Cobra F9

I just got the F9 to put against my TS3, and the initial results are favoring the F9, but I only hit them together twice now. I love TS3, but the F9 for me looks perfect at address, and feels more powerful at impact.

How did dispersion stack up against F9?

I thought they were pretty similar, the F9 seems longer, and for me, it feels better, especially on off center hits. I have only hit at the range, the course will be the deciding factor.

I think F9 might be the most "forgiving" on off center hits, i.e. retains highest ball speeds of all drivers (possibly ever produced). Unfortunately, for me the F9 was the least "forgiving" when it came to directional misses. I just hit every ball left with it.

I would love to hear how it compares to Titleist on course as far as dispersion goes. I can get into a grove on the range with any club after a while, but course is a completely different game, as we all know.

So far at the range, I would say it’s a little straighter than the TS3 for me at least. My miss is left as well, but did not hit really any to the left with the F9.

The F9 just feels more powerful, if that makes sense, whereas the TS3 feels a little soft to me. I really love the look of the F9, the shape, with the matte to gloss finish is outstanding.

Right now if I had to choose I would sell the TS3, but I am not going to be quick about it, I am going to play some rounds and then see, I have sold off drivers before from range sessions only to find out it did not transfer to the course.

TM Stealth 2+ 10.5deg Hzrdus Smoke 4G Black 60 6.0

Titleist TSi2 16.5deg Hzrdus Smoke Black 70 6.0

TM Stealth 2+ 3 Hybrid Project X Black 80 stiff

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

SC Newport Select 34" (rotate them)

TM TP5X

I tested the F9 this weekend. Never planning to drop the TS3 but I can see why these two are being compared. Its SOLID.

I tested the F9 Vs mine current setup. I tested the F9 in which shaft gave me the best numbers in the F9 head, not matching shafts. Lets all be real....shaft to shaft match is really not the best way to test a driver.

In the end same old story....getting fit makes all the difference. Pretty much everything was dead even on distance/accuracy. Nothing but 3-5 yards here or there based on strike. TS3 was better "overall" but so nominal I think that could be based on me playing the club for bit now and more used to it.

I do prefer my TS3 in the looks/feel/ shape but I could game the F9 all day if needed. Cant go wrong with either of these for sure.

** Just Get Fit ** I was in different shafts in each driver to get the best numbers for my swing in each head.

TS2 and Tensei Pro White combo is killer for me...bombing it off the tee

Pro white and TS2 for me, crazy accurate. My favorite combo for sure. I had the pro white in the M4 last year which was a great set up, but the PW and TS2 feels way more stable.

TS2 and Tensei Pro White combo is killer for me...bombing it off the tee

+1 on the combo here as well. Big numbers for me.

I am getting low spin and VERY good ball speeds. Smash factor is very high on trackman. I have had over 5 sessions now and it is over performing. VERY consistent as well.

This could be the one this year. We will see.

+ another 1 on this combo. Mine in 60 TX is a bit stiff for me, though. I got the shaft second hand it had been tipped 1/2" and I likely would be better off with no tipping. I ordered a +4 gram weight from China to pop in and see if it softens up a touch. Also, flush shots don't feel as amazing as I think they should which is usually a tell tale sign of an overly stiff shaft. If the extra weight does the trick and gives me a slightly softer shaft and slightly more solid feel, I may just stop my wandering eye for all the newest drivers for at least a few weeks. As it is, I hit some absolutely perfect drives with this setup the other day.

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

Mizuno STG 15* Ventus Blue 7x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 5

I agree. Tried the F9 this weekend on GC2 and it is as long as my TS3 with a shaft that wasn't fitted for me. I hated the Smoke in the TS3, didn't mind it as much with the F9 for some reason. Tempting but I love my TS3. Had these dropped at the same time I'd have a much tougher decision.

Callaway Paradym 12* (-1Std) Autoflex SF505X

Callaway Paradym Heavenwood

Ping G425M 20.5* Tensei Raw Org 75S

Ping G425 22* ADIZ85S

Ping G425 26* ADIZ85S

T100S 6-7 (1* weak) Aerotech FC115

T100 8-PW  Aerotech FC115

Titleist T100 50*  Aerotech FC115

Vokey SM8 54.12D/58.8M Aerotech FC115
SC Champ Choice Newport 2 Stability Shaft Tour

I agree. Tried the F9 this weekend on GC2 and it is as long as my TS3 with a shaft that wasn't fitted for me. I hated the Smoke in the TS3, didn't mind it as much with the F9 for some reason. Tempting but I love my TS3. Had these dropped at the same time I'd have a much tougher decision.

I got the TS3 when it came out, and was completely happy with it, until I started hearing about the F9. I tried it and really loved it from first hit, I think the look, feel and flight is amazing. Like I said earlier, I have only hit on the range, and I have sold drivers because of range results. I am going to keep both until i get them on the course and really test them.

I always went back to my 917D3 once I got on the course, it was more reliable than anything else, the TS3 might prove them same. I want consistent and reliable, I want to stand on the tee with confidence with my driver.

TM Stealth 2+ 10.5deg Hzrdus Smoke 4G Black 60 6.0

Titleist TSi2 16.5deg Hzrdus Smoke Black 70 6.0

TM Stealth 2+ 3 Hybrid Project X Black 80 stiff

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

SC Newport Select 34" (rotate them)

TM TP5X

I really wanted one of these to work for me -- but the numbers just do not support it. I went through a fitting, hit TS3, Epic Flash SZ, M6, and then F9 all with a shaft I had been fitted into in the past. Speeder 661TR X-Stiff

TS3 on average was spinning ~750 RPM more than the other 3.

I was consistently faster and getting higher ballspeeds with the Cobra and EFSZ, difference of about 2 MPH SS and 5-6 MPH ballspeed. My smash factor with the TS3 was also low, i was pretty much averaging 1.45 where as the Cobra and EFSZ i was 1.48-1.49. My fitter actually mentioned that the TS3 isn't doing a great job of translating swing speed to efficiency.

My dispersion across everything was pretty similar, nothing really stood out vs the other. Distance wise, the Epic Flash was consistently giving me ~15-20 yards carry up to ~25-30 yards total distance more.

As much as I love titleist stuff and this wasn't meant to be a knock on the TS3 i think this experience has just come to show me that titleist drivers and I do not agree. I also learned that no matter how much you want something, its always best to do a proper fitting to find what works best for you. The fitter i've worked with many times and I both agreed at the end and said we'd never would have thought id be walking out with a Callaway on order.

I went to fitting last weekend and it probable came down to F9 Atmos Black Stiff and TS3 Tensei Blue Stiff. Fitting was done on GC quad.

On TS 3, clubhead 100, ballspeed 140, launch 14, spin 2200 and carry 240.

On F9, I feel like my fitter has bias against it and push me away with it. First 5 shots is spin 3000 and he never change the heavier weight to the front or do much to fit me to it. Keep telling me the Cobra don't have much shaft option. I hit the F9 outdoor with Atmos Black, heavier weight up front and it's awesome.

Also my usual shot it a push draw and my fitter fit me with TS 3 with C1 setting and the Tensei Blue with SFT to draw it back? The reviews on Tensei Blue 55 AV are not very good on youtube and internet. Any thought and input?

Callaway Paradym TD 9, Autoflex 505.
TM Stealth Plus 5W, Hzrdous Smoke Red 5.5

TSR2 7 wood, Ventus TR 6S.
Paradym X 5 hybrid, Ventus 7S.

Paradym X 6 hybrid, Ventus 7S.
PXG Gen4 0311ST, 7 to GW. Steelfiber Private Reserve 95R.
Artisan 54, 58. KBS TGI 90.

Callaway PM grind 64, KBS Hi-rev.
Odyssey 2 Balls Armlock.  Vessel Player 3 Stand Bag.

For me it's down to the TS2 & F9, I plan to run each of them through their paces tomorrow and see which one I can get dialed in the best. Then start saving.

I thought your Honma 737 was the answer to your prayers ? :blink:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

For me it's down to the TS2 & F9, I plan to run each of them through their paces tomorrow and see which one I can get dialed in the best. Then start saving.

I thought your Honma 737 was the answer to your prayers ? :blink:

Said in a previous post I’m not selling it, but planned to dial in one of the new drivers and then see which one stays in the bag. I will likely rotate depending on conditions, soft use the new toy since the Honma isn’t the longest in terms of carry. Use the Honma during the hot dry Summer days since it’s ridiculously easy to control and just runs farther than anything else.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

I went to fitting last weekend and it probable came down to F9 Atmos Black Stiff and TS3 Tensei Blue Stiff. Fitting was done on GC quad.

On TS 3, clubhead 100, ballspeed 140, launch 14, spin 2200 and carry 240.

On F9, I feel like my fitter has bias against it and push me away with it. First 5 shots is spin 3000 and he never change the heavier weight to the front or do much to fit me to it. Keep telling me the Cobra don't have much shaft option. I hit the F9 outdoor with Atmos Black, heavier weight up front and it's awesome.

Also my usual shot it a push draw and my fitter fit me with TS 3 with C1 setting and the Tensei Blue with SFT to draw it back? The reviews on Tensei Blue 55 AV are not very good on youtube and internet. Any thought and input?

I use a Tensi blue but not the SFT stock one. I ordered a 65 X Tensi blue from them. They have it at no upcharge. If you go PRO model which I did not see any difference between the two and there is a decent upcharge on the pro.

• 2 weeks later...

Had the 910 D3 8.5 and switched to the TS3 8.5. Cant get the TS3 to perform as well even with the same shaft in each. There seems to be less spin off the TS3 and prone to low hooks on bad swings where as the 910 D3 will still give a more than playable shot from the same swing and hold a higher straighter flight. Might look into a 9.5 head but so far have to say I'm disappointed with the TS3. Maybe its just finding the right combination. Any else seeing a poorer performance compared to the 910 D3?

Had the 910 D3 8.5 and switched to the TS3 8.5. Cant get the TS3 to perform as well even with the same shaft in each. There seems to be less spin off the TS3 and prone to low hooks on bad swings where as the 910 D3 will still give a more than playable shot from the same swing and hold a higher straighter flight. Might look into a 9.5 head but so far have to say I'm disappointed with the TS3. Maybe its just finding the right combination. Any else seeing a poorer performance compared to the 910 D3?

TS3 is a lot lower spin than the 910 D3. I had the 910 D3 and it spun alot for me. Sounds like you need a driver that has a more spin for sure. You should try the TS2 as it had a bit more spin.

I'm currently trying out moving the ball back in my stance as felt it had crept too far forward. Launching it 10-13 depending on ball position with around 2300 spin. The D3 8.5 seems to launch it higher even when I put the same shaft in it. Swing spped in the 110-113 range

A friend just went through this same issue =). He had the ball way to far forward in his stance and was spinning it like crazy. He has been working it out on the range like you noted and its much better now.. Your swing speed too is going to really impart spin also depending on shaft. I swing around 105-108 range and I use a Tensi Blue X or a Tour AD DI X . I have a really flat AOA and at times it shows negative.

Hit the TS2 and had great numbers compared to my 917. Really want to try the F9 and see how that stacks up before I put an order in.

For me the TS2 was in the running for a while against the 190 and F9. I ended up going with the F9 just due to dispersion and ball speed consistency on mishits.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

Hit the TS2 and had great numbers compared to my 917. Really want to try the F9 and see how that stacks up before I put an order in.

For me the TS2 was in the running for a while against the 190 and F9. I ended up going with the F9 just due to dispersion and ball speed consistency on mishits.

I keep seeing the F9 getting great ball speed numbers in all the reviews. How much difference did you see between the TS2 and F9?

I've thought about this for a while since the TS hit the board. My guess this has more to do with modern OEM marketing spin than performance. We all know drivers are maxed out been this way for sometime now. I think this has more to do with the emperors new cloths than actual performance. Trust me this is coming from a diehard Titleist fanboy. My guess the boys at Titleist are sick of watching the spin being played with perception being they have fallen behind. They decided to develop there own version of Jailbreak, Turbulators, etc etc. Screw it let's jump on the band wagon and claim higher ball speeds and lower spin. Give the people what they want! In reality (sorry WRX) it's all a bunch of horse crap, play what works for you and hit more fairways. The scorecard doesn't know your smash factor or ball speeds.

Well said. People need to play golf instead of golf swing and launch monitor numbers. It’s definitely useful to just to extent

I tested the F9 this weekend. Never planning to drop the TS3 but I can see why these two are being compared. Its SOLID.

I tested the F9 Vs mine current setup. I tested the F9 in which shaft gave me the best numbers in the F9 head, not matching shafts. Lets all be real....shaft to shaft match is really not the best way to test a driver.

In the end same old story....getting fit makes all the difference. Pretty much everything was dead even on distance/accuracy. Nothing but 3-5 yards here or there based on strike. TS3 was better "overall" but so nominal I think that could be based on me playing the club for bit now and more used to it.

I do prefer my TS3 in the looks/feel/ shape but I could game the F9 all day if needed. Cant go wrong with either of these for sure.

** Just Get Fit ** I was in different shafts in each driver to get the best numbers for my swing in each head.

I just did a fitting a couple of weeks ago, and the TS3 and F9 were my finalists. I preferred the look of the F9, but sound and feel of the TS3 were better for me. My numbers were really, really close. The only slight difference for me, was that the TS3 spun just a little more on my mishits. For me that's a big deal, since I'm one of the rare people looking for more spin off my driver. I ended up with the TS3, but don't think you can go wrong with either. On a side note, I don't think my fitter was planning to even have me try the F9. I specifically asked to hit it, and it seemed like the fitter was a little surprised by how good my numbers were.

Titleist TSR3 9* - KBS TD 60 CAT3 | Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red (S) | Taylormade Sim2 Max 5w(18*) - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7x | Srixon Z785 4-PW - KBS Tour FLT (S) | Vokey SM8 50.08F(51*), 56.12D, SM9 64.04W - DG Tour Issue S400 | Bettinardi SS28 Slotback

I just did a fitting a couple of weeks ago, and the TS3 and F9 were my finalists. I preferred the look of the F9, but sound and feel of the TS3 were better for me. My numbers were really, really close. The only slight difference for me, was that the TS3 spun just a little more on my mishits. For me that's a big deal, since I'm one of the rare people looking for more spin off my driver. I ended up with the TS3, but don't think you can go wrong with either. On a side note, I don't think my fitter was planning to even have me try the F9. I specifically asked to hit it, and it seemed like the fitter was a little surprised by how good my numbers were.

Nice. The F9 is really good. I hit the Srixon last weekend for fun and was REALY surprised by it also. TS3 "overall" is what I like best but this seems to be the year of really good drivers...!