Morning Drive...What Happened?

DRRicks

How are they laughing about what Koepka did?? It was cheating 20 years ago, and it’s cheating today.

What did he do ?

Oh never mind. Moving the big rock. Lol. Not cheating. Just a loophole. Life is full of them. Take advantage when you can.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

You know who I miss?

I miss Dr. Ara Suppiah! Seriously! I always enjoyed his heatlh/wellness tips and information...plus he had a very funny personality! IMHO opinion and all that!

He was just on recently.

Oh really? I've watched just about all of every show this new year...I can't believe I missed him!

Thanks for letting me know...I'm glad to hear he's not gone!

Follow him on Instagram! He has good tips on there. He is a smart guy! Good doctor too.

You know who I miss?

I miss Dr. Ara Suppiah! Seriously! I always enjoyed his heatlh/wellness tips and information...plus he had a very funny personality! IMHO opinion and all that!

He was just on recently.

Oh really? I've watched just about all of every show this new year...I can't believe I missed him!

Thanks for letting me know...I'm glad to hear he's not gone!

Follow him on Instagram! He has good tips on there. He is a smart guy! Good doctor too.

Ahhhh...EXCELLENT idea...never thought of that!

Thank YOU!!!

Thank you golf Chanel for showing masters highlights. As a guy who missed most of these 1st hand I love watching them on tv. For some reason it’s better than YouTube.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Thank you golf Chanel for showing masters highlights. As a guy who missed most of these 1st hand I love watching them on tv. For some reason it's better than YouTube.

Home with a bug and noticed a couple of Tiger's were on - was watching an old movie, so taped them for later today.

MD was great today - should be a great week on the coast for those lucky enough to be there.

And the good doctor was on today as well - good stretches for a good turn!

I know this is not relevant to Morning Drive but this must be the 3rd week in a row that GC has shown "Caddyshack" on a Tuesday night on a loop.

Is programming that hard....

Caddy shack works. Just take out the edits !!

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I know this is not relevant to Morning Drive but this must be the 3rd week in a row that GC has shown "Caddyshack" on a Tuesday night on a loop.

Yes

So the reruns of Caddyshack are actually a testament to modern TV production! :happy:

It's all a matter of perspective.

Looking forward to LA Open (yes, I called it that PGA Tour)! And more John Cook is never a bad thing.

Caddy shack works. Just take out the edits !!

My wife just gives me that look when I suggest that!

I’d be interested in seeing the handicaps of all the non-professional on air Golf Channel personnel. I mean if your job is being on television sounding like you have some level of golf expertise, shouldn’t you be able to at least play to a moderately respectable level? (Ginella, Adams, Rossaforte, Diaz, Hack, LT, etc...). I’d define respectable as 10 or under, but that’s just me.

Callaway 2015 Great Big Bertha 10.5
Callaway Great Big Bertha ll 3W & 5W
Callaway Steelhead lll 9 wood 
Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4/E
Cleveland 588 TA 51* & 56* 
Ray Cook Blue Goose 

I’d be interested in seeing the handicaps of all the non-professional on air Golf Channel personnel. I mean if your job is being on television sounding like you have some level of golf expertise, shouldn’t you be able to at least play to a moderately respectable level? (Ginella, Adams, Rossaforte, Diaz, Hack, LT, etc...). I’d define respectable as 10 or under, but that’s just me.

Personally, I think you can be good at reporting/presenting/hosting without having to be good at the game. For what those guys/gals are asked to do I believe they can get by with love and knowledge of the sport. For the most part they are professional journalists and therein lie their strengths!

Having said that...I recall a comment or two about Damon striving to break 80. Also, from the swings I've seen of Matt Ginella from his travel segments, he appears to be a pretty salty player...I'm guessing single digit to scratch.

Personally, I think you can be good at reporting/presenting/hosting without having to be good at the game. For what those guys/gals are asked to do I believe they can get by with love and knowledge of the sport. For the most part they are professional journalists and therein lie their strengths!

Having said that...I recall a comment or two about Damon striving to break 80. Also, from the swings I've seen of Matt Ginella from his travel segments, he appears to be a pretty salty player...I'm guessing single digit to scratch.

I’ve always thought Ginella had a pretty good looking swing too, but I’ve heard him say he’s around an eight.

By all means let's see Dick Enberg grab a pass and take a hit up the middle or Bob Costas pitch an inning of major league ball or show us some triple loops at the Olympics.

RDD = pro. Paige = pro. Brandel = pro. John Cook = pro. And on and on.

Others - not pros. That's part of why they are on and why they are good at certain other things or have different takes on things.

Couldn't give a rats ___ what Damon's handicap is, he seems to really enjoy golf and everything about it, good enough for me that they all seem to.

None of this explains Matt Adams - okay, had to get in a cheap shot, even if I don't completely mean it.

Others - not pros. That's part of why they are on and why they are good at certain other things or have different takes on things.

Couldn't give a rats ___ what Damon's handicap is, he seems to really enjoy golf and everything about it, good enough for me that they all seem to.

None of this explains Matt Adams - okay, had to get in a cheap shot, even if I don't completely mean it.

LOL!

Damon's like an encylopedia...I'm amazed at the dates, facts, figures he can spit out...not really showing off but just in the context of a question or comment.

Random off topic question...is Damon in the Workday commercial where the guy sings The Eurythmic's "Would I Lie to You"? If it's not Damon then it's his doppleganger!

https://ispot.tv/a/w51j

LOL!

Damon's like an encylopedia...I'm amazed at the dates, facts, figures he can spit out...not really showing off but just in the context of a question or comment.

Random off topic question...is Damon in the Workday commercial where the guy sings The Eurythmic's "Would I Lie to You"? If it's not Damon then it's his doppleganger!

Damon is like an encyclopedia and I’m amazed by his golf knowledge. I’m lucky to sit beside him

It seems as if the entire content on the Golf channel is suffering. Quite a bit of repeat showings of lame golf movies.

Not sure what other filler they could use. What other movies or show would you recommend?

Would rather watch reruns of the original Big Break series, at least one more run-through. Didn't watch the first season or two and it's been long enough to forget most of the ones I have seen. Would the golfers/cast have to be paid residuals. Is it cheaper to just run movies like Happy Gilmore over and over? Why hasn't GC run "Dead Solid Perfect" or the Hogan movie "Follow the Sun"? There must be other movie about golf/golfers too.

How to play golf.
Hit the ball.
Find the ball
Repeat until the ball is in the hole.
Have fun.
...Chuck Hogan

It seems as if the entire content on the Golf channel is suffering. Quite a bit of repeat showings of lame golf movies.

Not sure what other filler they could use. What other movies or show would you recommend?

Would rather watch reruns of the original Big Break series, at least one more run-through. Didn't watch the first season or two and it's been long enough to forget most of the ones I have seen. Would the golfers/cast have to be paid residuals. Is it cheaper to just run movies like Happy Gilmore over and over? Why hasn't GC run "Dead Solid Perfect" or the Hogan movie "Follow the Sun"? There must be other movie about golf/golfers too.

They may not want to pay what it costs to get permission to broadcast them, if they even can.

It's not Damon Hack in the commercial. The link to the video you provided shows who the actor is in the video. His name is Mark Edward Smith.

It's not Damon Hack in the commercial. The link to the video you provided shows who the actor is in the video. His name is Mark Edward Smith.

Oh good Lord! I'm sorry for wasting the bandwidth! Obviously, I should've seen that information myself and answered my own question...how embarrassing!

Thank you!

KTM

While I also laugh at the same 3 movies played over and over on GC I understand that they can’t just turn on Tim Rosaforte’s Netflix and show whatever movies they want.

While not a direct reply to your question about “filler,” How about some more original new content shows? I would love to see a weekly in-depth golf architecture show hosted by Geoff Shackleford where he goes to courses, explains routing, breaks down holes, interviews architects, superintendents, and caddies, addresses environmental and sustainability issues, etc.

While not a direct reply to your question about “filler,” How about some more original new content shows? I would love to see a weekly in-depth golf architecture show hosted by Geoff Shackleford where he goes to courses, explains routing, breaks down holes, interviews architects, superintendents, and caddies, addresses environmental and sustainability issues, etc.

HaHa - I'd love to see that, also, but not if Shackelford hosts! We all have our favorites!

Anyway, would be a great idea for a show and I have to believe if they thought enough ads could be sold it vs. the production costs it would be on there, but again, as a golfer, a great idea for a show!