Ebay Experience - My Fault?

Dashfast

Recently, I purchased a used golf club on ebay. On the evening of the day it was supposed to arrive, I checked the tracking update and it said "Delivered, Left with Individual". This was simply not the case - neither my wife nor I received the package and there's no one else who lives at our house.

It was a wacky situation - the package was shown as being delivered except that it was nowhere to be found. The seller and I have been going back and forth (and he seems like a good dude), but who's responsibility is this to deal with? Ebay refused to refund me for the item since the tracking number shows it as delivered and the seller has put the ball in my court, asking me to determine what's fair.

I mean, if I shipped something and the shipper I chose made an error, then I doubt I'd expect the buyer to follow up with the shipper. But, maybe I need a reality check.

Thanks for reading.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had something show as “delivered” in December. Track down your mail person right away and ask them. They would probably remember delivering a club to your place. I waited a week and then went into USPS with little help from them. As soon as my carrier got involved my “delivered” package popped up in NM routed back to sender. No incident back to me but it was a 30 day ordeal.

The scan of the delivery is geotagged. You should be able to find the exact coordinates of where that scan took place and they can talk to the driver that did it. I shipped a shaft to a guy and it got delivered around the corner from his house because the postal worker transposed a number when delivering.

For sure have the delivery vendor check the scan. The last “delivered” missing package to my address was actually delivered down the street by an incompetent fill-in driver.

Think of it from the sellers perspective- he packs, insures and ships and sees via tracking that it’s been delivered. Then the buyer says it never showed up.i think the burden is on you at this point.

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

Had some golf clubs show up as delivered. I check the tracking info and it says "left in garage". But my garage was closed. I check my neighbors house and they had left their garage open by two feet. I look under and there was my club box slid in about ten feet. I had to shimmy under to get it. My neighbors were not home at the time, and they wouldn't have cared. Delivery drivers are always mixing up our stuff.

Walter: Tell me Bobby, why do you play this game?
Bobby: I play because I love it.
Walter: Well I play for the money. I have to win. That is why every time we face each other I will always beat you.

USPS is notorious for changing the status prematurely to Delivered when it actually wasn’t because they have a quota. Wait 1-2 days. If it hasn’t shown up, I believe the seller has to file a claim with USPS. It’s happened to me as a receiver of empty boxes that were delivered. The seller was contacted and claims were submitted.

Epic Speed 9* (VeloCore Blue 6S)

SIM2 Ti 15* (Tour AD BB 6SR)

Apex UW 19* (MMT 70S)

0311XP Gen3 4-PW (Accra 90i S)

Vokey Forged 52 

Vokey Forged Black 58.12K 

HiToe 64* 
WHP 7CS

TP5x

From a previous thread I posted in.

"I think it sucks that when a package confirms delivered and you didn't get it that you will be out your money. There are major problems with all the delivery services and no accountability. If the package says delivered Ebay and PP will side with the seller when you claim you didn't get it. I'm not saying that is wrong but no one likes that feeling when you know darn well you didn't get it. The delivery services will usually just tell you it's been delivered and blow you off too .

The Postal Service in my area has been terrible especially the last few months. I have the local office on speed dial. We have a cluster box for regular mail and lock boxes for packages. Packages say delivered that are not there. I call the PO and they basically tell me it's been delivered. I tell them no it hasn't. It magically appears a week to as long as three weeks later in one case. I ordered a $220 fishing reel for Christmas. The seller sent it with signature. I went to the mail box one day and the key to the lock box was there. My first thought was what about the signature? I opened up the box and there were five packages in there all belonging to diferent people in my development. I walked around and delivered all the packages saying doing the mailperson's job today. When I checked the tracking number my reel had been delivered too but I had no reel. I called the PO the next day to inquire about it thinking they took it back because the person was to lazy to walk down to the house and have my wife sign for it. That has happened a few times too. I was told no it has been delivered. After complaining about everything I got I'll check into it. Two days later I get a knock on the door and some guy from down the street handed me my package. He apologized for taking several days because he said his son bought it in off the porch after school and failed to say anything about it. So no signature and delivered to the wrong house and I would have been out all that money had it not been for honest persons.

It's not just USPS . UPS delivered a Cobra driver I bought off Ebay. Tracking said delivered at 11 am at back door. I was home all day and was out front raking leaves and then moved on to washing my truck. I was outside until mid afternoon. Unless the driver climbed over my six foot fence or tossed it over the fence there was no way it was delivered at my back door. He would have had to pull into my court and walk by me in the first place. I contacted the seller and told him my story and he said sorry it's been delivered. I call UPS and explained how it couldn't have been delivered and was told it's been delivered. I filed a claim with Ebay and PP and was denied because it had been delivered. I was out my money and no driver. Over a week goes by. I leave for work at 5 am and it's sitting on my front porch. It wasn't there when I got home the night before at 11pm. I doubt UPS delivered it before 5am. I was happy to get it and figured the lost package fairy delivered it.

Some how there needs to be a better way. You pay for a delivery service you would think you could get your package."

OP from my experience all you can do is call the carrier and let them know you didn't receive it. Hopefully the person that delivered it can recall what happened and maybe find it for you. All you can do is hope that it shows up. I don't think having it insured matters. A delivered package is delivered and is not lost or damaged in transit. From my experience the seller, delivery service, Ebay and PP all will consider a confirmed delivery as proof you received it and it's on you or your loss. It just plain sucks. I certainly wouldn't blame the seller and wouldn't expect a refund from him. I know in my area how often these situations come up and I blame the delivery services because I've been lucky and eventually received everthing that went missing when it said confirmed delivery.

• 2 weeks later...