2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

New Odyssey Arm Lock putters

budcangolf

I don't know how to link to an Instagram thread, but Odyssey's just responded to someone that they'll be released on Friday on the Odyssey website.

So there's that! Maybe this will work:

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5 deg.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

Ping Glide 3.0 54 & 60 deg.

Bettinardi BB-1W

The stores in my area have no knowledge of these puttters either.

Really? I went to Dallas area for a weekend trip and saw them last Friday at PGA Superstore(Preston Village Center). Tuttle felt nice. Smoke Apex were there on display.

I'll be honest, I didn't know much about them at that time, learning more about them since then and regretting not checking them out further.

This is an armlock thread. I’m pretty sure the Tuttle isn’t coming in an armlock variation.

The stores in my area have no knowledge of these puttters either.

Really? I went to Dallas area for a weekend trip and saw them last Friday at PGA Superstore(Preston Village Center). Tuttle felt nice. Smoke Apex were there on display.

I'll be honest, I didn't know much about them at that time, learning more about them since then and regretting not checking them out further.

This is an armlock thread. I'm pretty sure the Tuttle isn't coming in an armlock variation.

Ok, my post has been deleted. I was just mentioning about what I saw.

I'll step back to my lurking mode.

62 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils

Callaway Rogue Max LS 10.5 Ventus Red Velocore 6-S 

TSR2 10* Ventus Blue Velocore 6-S

Callaway Paradym TD 15* & AI Smoke TD 7 wood

Callaway Paradym 5-AW AMT Black S300

SM9 52* & 58*

Odyssey DART 47"

I have to think that GG isn't actually getting these and the guy I talked to was mistaking my question for the Toulon Stroke Lab. The GG site doesn't list them on their launch calendar and they don't currently stock any arm lock putters.

I think I'm going to give the Double Wide a go at 39 inches. That should be about two inches from my elbow crease. I wish I could try it first, but I'll keep the wrapper on in case I totally hate how it feels.

A few nice things: the price is the same as the new Stroke Labs, where I feared it'd be way more. The sole weights are interchangeable (whenever the weight kit is released that is). The color scheme is the traditional Odyssey black and red. Nice looking headcovers, too.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

Bettinardi BB-1W

I have no access to these so I will be ordering blind, I love the idea and this it would help me in the putting game, I will have get a double wide with the lie angle up 3 degrees, thinking 39 inches, might just order standard length then have my local shop cut it accordingly. I will also be putting a Superstroke 17 sideways on it

As an armlock guy -- I welcome new offerings in the area. I have one of Odyssey's older armlock variants and like it.

What we really need is for Superstroke and other grip makers to stop making all the jumbo long (21") grips tour only.

Hey manufacturers, you have more and more tour players in armlock putters and support them ... how about supporting the recreational golfer that made the switch as well?

Titleist TSR2 9* w/ Tensei Pro Orange CK 60TX

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5* w/ Graphite Design AD-DI 7S

Titleist TSR3 18* w/ Graphite Design AD-IZ 8S

Titleist u505 3i 20* w/ Graphite Design AD-IZ 9S

Srixon ZX4 MkII w/ Project X LZ 6.0 5-PW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50@49* - Mizuno T22 54* - Taylormade High Toe 58*

LAB Golf Mezz Max Broom 79.5* lie, 45" or one of my Armlocks

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV or Maxfli Tour X

I have to think that GG isn't actually getting these and the guy I talked to was mistaking my question for the Toulon Stroke Lab. The GG site doesn't list them on their launch calendar and they don't currently stock any arm lock putters.

I think I'm going to give the Double Wide a go at 39 inches. That should be about two inches from my elbow crease. I wish I could try it first, but I'll keep the wrapper on in case I totally hate how it feels.

A few nice things: the price is the same as the new Stroke Labs, where I feared it'd be way more. The sole weights are interchangeable (whenever the weight kit is released that is). The color scheme is the traditional Odyssey black and red. Nice looking headcovers, too.

I would definitely recommend being more committed to armlock if you plan on giving it a try. It takes time to adjust to the new putter, and the heavier head. Distance control definitely will be an issue when you first start, and you likely will be frustrated early on. Last year I committed to myself that I would give it a full season. And I am never going back to traditional. The complete elimination of wrist hinge make me believe these putters are fantastic for the recreational golfer.

I would definitely recommend being more committed to armlock if you plan on giving it a try. It takes time to adjust to the new putter, and the heavier head. Distance control definitely will be an issue when you first start, and you likely will be frustrated early on. Last year I committed to myself that I would give it a full season. And I am never going back to traditional. The complete elimination of wrist hinge make me believe these putters are fantastic for the recreational golfer.

Unfortunately it’s also a tough fit. I think it’s an outstanding method, but there’s a reason it took Kuch so long to settle on a model/specs.

Titleist TSR3 9* w/ GD UB-6 (S)
Titleist TSR2 15* & 21* w/ GD UB-7,8 (S)
Titleist u505 22* w/ Atmos Blue HB 85 (S)
Titleist T200/150 5-PW w/ Steelfiber i110 (S)
Vokey SM8 50*, 55*, 60* w/ S300
Scotty Cameron Toolbox

I definitely plan on giving it a serious try (especially at $250). I've tried the method using a regular tank putter with the ball way forward as an experiment and loved the stable feeling (obviously the results weren't great because of the set up, but that'll be alleviated with the arm lock specific putter). My only concern is with the length and lie angle. I just don't see that there is a realistic fitting option prior to purchasing. So, if I feel like it's not right, I'll just send it back for a new one.

My problem with putting is definitely wristiness. Counterbalance putters are okay, but I think this is the next step.

The biggest concern I have is not with the length, lie, loft, or anything like that... it's just where in the hell am I going to put this in my bag? It'll look weird in the putter well surrounded by all my wedges. Do I put it with the woods and leave the putter well empty, or put a wedge where the putter would usually go? No idea!

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

Bettinardi BB-1W

Unfortunately it's also a tough fit. I think it's an outstanding method, but there's a reason it took Kuch so long to settle on a model/specs.

I totally agree -- I am not sure if mine are fit right. The Odyssey is more upright and longer (40") and my Betti is more flat and shorter (39") - both are supposedly stock lie, and 7* loft. I never did a fitting -- got both off BST. I plan schedule a fitting and try to figure it out.

Is anyone offering a arm lock putter in left-hand? I can't find any.

As a lefty, it seems that my only choice in a new putter is a Odyssey Tank played off my front toe. I have experimented with one of my old belly putters played well forward, with the shaft vertical, and I seem to putt very well that way. I sorta like my eyes well behind the ball. Thoughts?

Is anyone offering a arm lock putter in left-hand? I can't find any.

As a lefty, it seems that my only choice in a new putter is a Odyssey Tank played off my front toe. I have experimented with one of my old belly putters played well forward, with the shaft vertical, and I seem to putt very well that way. I sorta like my eyes well behind the ball. Thoughts?

I know biomech does, i game the right handed version, but its not everyones cup of tea.

Ping G400 Max 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
Ping G400 3 crossover Alta stiff
Callaway Apex 4-SW recoil 780 stiff
Cleveland cbx 60* recoil stiff
Biomech Acculock
Snell MTB Black

I have a #1 Wide 39" on order. Not sure if this is going to work, bu t I need a change on the greens and this looks like a great choice. This has been a big change on tour this year. There are a number on name players going with the arm lock, hope it works for me.

Ping g430 10K w/ Ventus Red 6-S

TaylorMade iq10 3 Wood w/ TD-70-S

TaylorMade Stage2 Tour 19* Fujikura Tour Spec VC 6.2

Mizuno Fli hi 4-w/Steelfiber 80-S

Mizuno 225, 5-PW with Modus 105-S

SM8. 52* & 58* TM High Toe

Lab Mezz...46”

Jones Players Bag
Titleist ProV1/ 

Just received my shipping confirmation! It was supposed to take 1-2 weeks because I customized the lie angle, but it only took 4 days!! Odyssey killing it right now! I'll take some pictures and give a review once I get it.

When did you order yours? Hopefully mine ships soon too as I custom ordered lie angle

I'd have liked to see a 2Ball armlock. Too bad it's only available as a broomstick.

Wonder if the broom could be modified to arm lock?

WITB<br />PING G400 Max 10.5° Fuji Pro tour spec 73x<br />3i i500 tourspx vts silver 100x, 4i i200, 6, 8, 9, P iBlade Nippon Modus 130x<br />PING Glide 2.0 50ss, 54ss Nippon Modus 130x<br />Byron 007

I asked Odyssey if I could order an armlock longer than 42" and it was a no. I need 45" to make it work. I'm kinda tempted to try a broomstick putter at 52".

That's about the length I play my arm locks. Sent you a DM... perhaps you may like one of mine.

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock