Best Push Carts for 2018

2»

Comments

• aadadamsaadadams Members Posts: 60 ✭✭
    Two_Putt wrote:

I need to start walking more so this thread caught my interest. I have a birthday coming up soon so I think I’m going to ask my wife for the Caddytek from Costco. Seems like just the cart I’m looking for!

Does the Sun Mountain C-130 cart bag work ok on this cart?

I have that bag and use it with a bag boy quad xl. The best option for that bag IMO.
  • jekatojekato Members Posts: 90
    edited Jun 12, 2018 #33
    Are there current problems with either Clicgear or Caddytek attaching a lightweight stand bag to the upper bag bracket? I saw a 2014 video saying it was easy to attach a stand bag to Caddytek, but is that still true- do both companies currently have that style upper bracket for stand bags, or regular bags? What about ball bearings, which company has better bearings as that would make it easier to push, no?

Thanks in advance.
    The ultimate judge of your swing is the flight of the ball. Ben Hogan
  • ddettsddetts Roy McAvoy Sioux Falls, SDClubWRX Posts: 1,701 ClubWRX
    jekato wrote:

Are there current problems with either Clicgear or Caddytek attaching a lightweight stand bag to the upper bag bracket? I saw a 2014 video saying it was easy to attach a stand bag to Caddytek, but is that still true- do both companies currently have that style upper bracket for stand bags, or regular bags? What about ball bearings, which company has better bearings as that would make it easier to push, no?

Thanks in advance.

My CaddyTek ONE V4 has the notched upper bracket that accommodates my stand bag legs. As far as ball bearings, I'm not sure but the ONE V4 pushes very easily.

> See my current WITB
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Project X Even Flow Blue 6.5 65 gram
    TaylorMade '17 M2 Tour 15°, Kuro Kage Silver Dual-Core TiNi
    TaylorMade P790 UDI 17°, Project X HZRDUS85 6.0
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
    Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
    TaylorMade TP Mullen

Twitter-icon.png lDLcKyO.png?1
  • danmurphdanmurph Members Posts: 62
    I used a clicgear. Best out there
  • e-mane-man Members Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Caddytek is excellent.
  • cmckelvmicmckelvmi ClubWRX Posts: 104 ClubWRX
    I have a stand bag that I place on the Clicgear without any issues.
  • sofasonicssofasonics Members Posts: 1
    Looks like both carts have attachments on the side. Does anyone know if the accessories are compatible?
  • OSUBuckeyeFan8OSUBuckeyeFan8 Members Posts: 99 ✭✭✭
    After purchasing a Big Max Blade IP push cart I can say that I really like it. It pushes well, stays straight, is lighter than my friend's Clic Gear 3.5+ and folds very small. I wanted the small folding size so it would easily fit in my midsize sedan trunk. I am currently using a stand bag and have had no issues with it securely holding the bag or experienced twisting issues. I have purchased the rangefinder holder and cooler bag and I like they can remain on the cart when folded. Also, they offer a large net that can hold other gear if necessary. It does have some drawbacks that may might be deal breakers for some. The compartment by the handle is a little small and will not fit a modern cell phone. They're saying it will fit iPhone 6 sized phone but my 8+ does not fit. It does however, hold my wallet and keys very easily with room to spare. Also, the GPS holder is too small to hold my phone as well so it has to go in the bag. Not a huge deal but my course has an app with GPS and a scoring feature so it is sometimes nice to have it easily accessible. Overall, I really like the cart and am happy with the purchase but if you require your cell phone on you or easily accessible you may be dissapointed. Additionally, I emailed their customer service prior to my order and they were very quick to respond and even offered a discount code which sealed my decision to order. Not the cheapest cart on the market but I am very happy with the purchase and it meets my needs well.
    Callaway Epic Sub Zero, 9, Kuro Kage XT-60TX
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero, 15, Diamana D+ 70TX
    TaylorMade p790 UDI, Project X HZRDUS Black 105 6.5
    Mizuno MP-18 SC 3,4 Project X 6.5
    Mizuno MP-18 MB 5-PW, Project X 6.5
    Titleist SM7 54F, 60D Project X 6.5
    Scotty Cameron Teryllium Newport
     TaylorMade TP5 2019
  • jah7838jah7838 Members Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a Clicgear 3.5 back in November. After giftcards and other discounts, it only cost me $30 out of pocket. I really enjoy walking when I golf. It's easier to stay warm when walking vs. riding in a cart. When I'm walking my round, I'll take that day off from working out knowing that I'm going to be walking my round.

Unfortunately, the courses that I usually play have some long walks between tee boxes, so the rounds take a little longer than I would like, but my friend and I don't keep anybody up with pace of play issues.
    WITB
    Driver: 9.5* M3 Attas Elements MK 7s
    Fairway: Cobra F6 Baffler set to 16* with Nventix Nunchuk
    Hybrids: 19* Adams XTD Super Hybrid Black Tie 95g S / 18.5* RBZ Stage 2 S300, 23* Adams Super 9031 S300
    Irons: 5-PW Fly Z+ DGTI S400
    Wedges: 50*& 54* TM Milled Grind Standard Bounce, 58* Mid RTX 4. All wedges have DGTI S400
    Putter: Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can Finish

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file