2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

PHOTOS: 2019 Fujikura Ventus and Speeder Shafts

I was fit for Fuji shafts last Feb. For ME... they all launched and spun very simiarly, but the control and feel with them was different.

Evo II was most stable with the least about of kick and was most accurate. Evo III felt the "best" but dispersion was a bit worse, probably because it seemed a touch less stiff. Evo IV just came out and I remember telling my fitter I didn't get why they even came out with it because it was worse than II and III in every way. Maybe Evo V feels a bit better while keeping spin low?

Evo II was such a unicorn and I wish I never got rid of it though. Very stiff tip, medium stiff middle, stiff handle. Most shafts with a tip section that stable tend to have soft butts to keep the thing feeling like a pole. This shaft seemed to put the softness in the mid which really helped me personally. I may go back to it this year if I cant get anything else to work out.

I found this chart extremely helpful. I’m a long time Fuji fan and have the privilege of spending time with their team thanks to JD Serres of JDs Clubs. They are wonderful people.

It's interesting that the chart you posted has the Evo I and Evo V at lower launch and spin than the Evo III when Fujikura's website chart has it the opposite. Now I'm all sorts of confused. I play the Evo II 661 in my driver and it is truly a unicorn shaft. Was going to replace my HZRDUS shafts in my fairways with the Evo III 757 but now I'm thinking I'll just put in Evo I's. Don't have the $$$ to upgrade to the Evo V's unfortunately.

STEALTH 2 Tour AD DI 6X //  SIM Oban Devotion 65-04 //  699 v2 MMT105s //  JB Full Groove MMT105w //  TOULON ATLANTA //  Vice Pro+

I found this chart extremely helpful. I’m a long time Fuji fan and have the privilege of spending time with their team thanks to JD Serres of JDs Clubs. They are wonderful people.

It's interesting that the chart you posted has the Evo I and Evo V at lower launch and spin than the Evo III when Fujikura's website chart has it the opposite. Now I'm all sorts of confused. I play the Evo II 661 in my driver and it is truly a unicorn shaft. Was going to replace my HZRDUS shafts in my fairways with the Evo III 757 but now I'm thinking I'll just put in Evo I's. Don't have the $$$ to upgrade to the Evo V's unfortunately.

Sorry for any confusion. The V launches similar but spins less than I and III. The V is significantly improved on the original Evo I however, carry yards, flatter flight, etc.

So the II and IV will still be your lower launch and spinning options.

http://fujikuragolf.com http://fujikuragolf.com/dealer-locator

I've hit both of these. I currently game the Evo V, and a buddy of mine just put a Ventus in his F9.

Evo 757 V is extremely smooth. I am around 110ss but can top out at 114. The 757 handles it easily without losing it either way. When struck well it gives me beautiful little baby fades. The only thing that rivals the feel and performance was that Ventus.

If a new shaft is on your radar you owe it to yourself to try both of these. NO JOKE. Good job Fuji.

Any tipping on the evo 5 with that speed?

I’m the same speed, I didn’t need any tipping.

What about in a 3 wood?

Thanks

I don't have it in my 3W yet, but at first it will go straight in. Fujikura doesn't recommend tipping until 5W

Nope, no tipping. I like to go after it on a certain hole I play on my home course. I havent had any issues with it hooking/slicing etc. Feels great though. Only issue is that it is easy to hit a little too high but thats not a big thing in my book.

Sorry for any confusion. The V launches similar but spins less than I and III. The V is significantly improved on the original Evo I however, carry yards, flatter flight, etc.

So the II and IV will still be your lower launch and spinning options.

Dang it. I was fit for the V so I was thinking I could get the 1 since it was similar. Looks like I will be holding out now.

Hey Fuji,

What sort of behavior will the Ventus have in response to tipping? Would a 1/2" trip for a heavy head/Taylormade adapter stiffen the tip section up too much?

TSR2 8*, Ventus TR Red 7x

TSi2 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR2 18°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

MP-20 MMC  5-P, DG X100
SM8 50F, 54S, 58M (X7 "spinners")
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

Hey Fuji,

What sort of behavior will the Ventus have in response to tipping? Would a 1/2" trip for a heavy head/Taylormade adapter stiffen the tip section up too much?

I think from what I've read that tipping it 1/2" would stiffen the whole shaft up by 1/2 flex but should have no affect on the bend profile.

Personally, without getting fit I'm looking at the 60 gram stiff and maybe getting it tipped 1/2" vs the 60 gram x flex straight in. I am almost alway in between stiff and x. I am also curious about your question since this is billed as a really stiff-tip profile, I am wondering if the X flex variants are just going to be too stiff for me. For me, I was fit for the Evo II 757 in Stiff, but would like to move down to 60 grams this year. I was also considering the ventus 70 Stiff and playing it a little shorter.....decisions, decisions.

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

Mizuno STG 15* Ventus Blue 7x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 5

• 3 months later...

> @WeritoK2 said:

> Im currently playing the Speeder TR 661 Stiff, can anyone compare it to the new Ventus in 6 Stiff? Am I wrong to think its kinda the same "profile" and playing characteristics? I know I'll go ahead and buy it without even trying it but if its almost the same as my Speeder TR then Im better off saving big money...

having tried both. They feel completely different in my opinion. The Ventus allows you to feel the shaft load due to the way they layer the carbon fiber. It is still very tip stiff to keep spin down. The TR in my opinion, while it may play similar the road it takes to get there is different. The TR felt very boardy to me, and I had a hard time with dispersion with it because I would lose the feeling of where the head was at.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @WeritoK2 said:

> Im currently playing the Speeder TR 661 Stiff, can anyone compare it to the new Ventus in 6 Stiff? Am I wrong to think its kinda the same "profile" and playing characteristics? I know I'll go ahead and buy it without even trying it but if its almost the same as my Speeder TR then Im better off saving big money...

They are different. Ventus will feel "Softer" in comparison to TR due to the accelerated taper handle section, but it is by no means a soft/weak shaft. The TR is one of our lowest spinning shafts geared for more aggressive swings. Ventus is mid launching with a stiffer tip, it will spin more than TR, but not a whole lot. Head to a charter dealer to get fit and try them both! https://fujikuragolf.com/dealer-locator/

http://fujikuragolf.com http://fujikuragolf.com/dealer-locator

> @"Fujikura Golf" said:

> > @WeritoK2 said:

> > Im currently playing the Speeder TR 661 Stiff, can anyone compare it to the new Ventus in 6 Stiff? Am I wrong to think its kinda the same "profile" and playing characteristics? I know I'll go ahead and buy it without even trying it but if its almost the same as my Speeder TR then Im better off saving big money...

>

> They are different. Ventus will feel "Softer" in comparison to TR due to the accelerated taper handle section, but it is by no means a soft/weak shaft. The TR is one of our lowest spinning shafts geared for more aggressive swings. Ventus is mid launching with a stiffer tip, it will spin more than TR, but not a whole lot. Head to a charter dealer to get fit and try them both! https://fujikuragolf.com/dealer-locator/

Wow, then it's a no no, I love my TR and find it really smooth, so smooth that I usually hook it if i step on it, I am looking for something a bit higher launching but still really low spinning and to tighten dispersion...

> @WeritoK2 said:

> > @"Fujikura Golf" said:

> > > @WeritoK2 said:

> > > Im currently playing the Speeder TR 661 Stiff, can anyone compare it to the new Ventus in 6 Stiff? Am I wrong to think its kinda the same "profile" and playing characteristics? I know I'll go ahead and buy it without even trying it but if its almost the same as my Speeder TR then Im better off saving big money...

> >

> > They are different. Ventus will feel "Softer" in comparison to TR due to the accelerated taper handle section, but it is by no means a soft/weak shaft. The TR is one of our lowest spinning shafts geared for more aggressive swings. Ventus is mid launching with a stiffer tip, it will spin more than TR, but not a whole lot. Head to a charter dealer to get fit and try them both! https://fujikuragolf.com/dealer-locator/

>

> Wow, then it's a no no, I love my TR and find it really smooth, so smooth that I usually hook it if i step on it, I am looking for something a bit higher launching but still really low spinning and to tighten dispersion...

what you are describing is the Ventus. I have a 125 CHS and love my Ventus. Here are my numbers with a few different Fuji shafts for comparison. Yes, I know I am a total fanboy. I am ok with that .

ghbs3mqhsii5.png

BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @WeritoK2 said:

> > > @"Fujikura Golf" said:

> > > > @WeritoK2 said:

> > > > Im currently playing the Speeder TR 661 Stiff, can anyone compare it to the new Ventus in 6 Stiff? Am I wrong to think its kinda the same "profile" and playing characteristics? I know I'll go ahead and buy it without even trying it but if its almost the same as my Speeder TR then Im better off saving big money...

> > >

> > > They are different. Ventus will feel "Softer" in comparison to TR due to the accelerated taper handle section, but it is by no means a soft/weak shaft. The TR is one of our lowest spinning shafts geared for more aggressive swings. Ventus is mid launching with a stiffer tip, it will spin more than TR, but not a whole lot. Head to a charter dealer to get fit and try them both! https://fujikuragolf.com/dealer-locator/

> >

> > Wow, then it's a no no, I love my TR and find it really smooth, so smooth that I usually hook it if i step on it, I am looking for something a bit higher launching but still really low spinning and to tighten dispersion...

>

> what you are describing is the Ventus. I have a 125 CHS and love my Ventus. Here are my numbers with a few different Fuji shafts for comparison. Yes, I know I am a total fanboy. I am ok with that .

>

> ghbs3mqhsii5.png

>

Wow, an extra 11 yards of carry sounds incredible, what ventus should I play coming from TR 661 Stiff and a 110 swing speed?

> @WeritoK2 said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @WeritoK2 said:

> > > > @"Fujikura Golf" said:

> > > > > @WeritoK2 said:

> > > > > Im currently playing the Speeder TR 661 Stiff, can anyone compare it to the new Ventus in 6 Stiff? Am I wrong to think its kinda the same "profile" and playing characteristics? I know I'll go ahead and buy it without even trying it but if its almost the same as my Speeder TR then Im better off saving big money...

> > > >

> > > > They are different. Ventus will feel "Softer" in comparison to TR due to the accelerated taper handle section, but it is by no means a soft/weak shaft. The TR is one of our lowest spinning shafts geared for more aggressive swings. Ventus is mid launching with a stiffer tip, it will spin more than TR, but not a whole lot. Head to a charter dealer to get fit and try them both! https://fujikuragolf.com/dealer-locator/

> > >

> > > Wow, then it's a no no, I love my TR and find it really smooth, so smooth that I usually hook it if i step on it, I am looking for something a bit higher launching but still really low spinning and to tighten dispersion...

> >

> > what you are describing is the Ventus. I have a 125 CHS and love my Ventus. Here are my numbers with a few different Fuji shafts for comparison. Yes, I know I am a total fanboy. I am ok with that .

> >

> > ghbs3mqhsii5.png

> >

>

> Wow, an extra 11 yards of carry sounds incredible, what ventus should I play coming from TR 661 Stiff and a 110 swing speed?

Hard to say, but the 6x would be a good place to start.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @WeritoK2 said:

> > > @"Fujikura Golf" said:

> > > > @WeritoK2 said:

> > > > Im currently playing the Speeder TR 661 Stiff, can anyone compare it to the new Ventus in 6 Stiff? Am I wrong to think its kinda the same "profile" and playing characteristics? I know I'll go ahead and buy it without even trying it but if its almost the same as my Speeder TR then Im better off saving big money...

> > >

> > > They are different. Ventus will feel "Softer" in comparison to TR due to the accelerated taper handle section, but it is by no means a soft/weak shaft. The TR is one of our lowest spinning shafts geared for more aggressive swings. Ventus is mid launching with a stiffer tip, it will spin more than TR, but not a whole lot. Head to a charter dealer to get fit and try them both! https://fujikuragolf.com/dealer-locator/

> >

> > Wow, then it's a no no, I love my TR and find it really smooth, so smooth that I usually hook it if i step on it, I am looking for something a bit higher launching but still really low spinning and to tighten dispersion...

>

> what you are describing is the Ventus. I have a 125 CHS and love my Ventus. Here are my numbers with a few different Fuji shafts for comparison. Yes, I know I am a total fanboy. I am ok with that .

>

> ghbs3mqhsii5.png

>

How come your ball speed is so low at 125mph?

> @QuigleyDU said:

>

> ghbs3mqhsii5.png

>

Looks like the Ventus really tighted up your left to right dispersion. I guess its doing what it was designed to do.

• Like 1

Driver:  Cobra Darkspeed LS 9* Tour 2.0 Black 65X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 14* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 19.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Irons:  PXG 0317 CB 5-GW KBS Tour 130X

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 54S Modus 125W

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 58S Modus 125W

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

> @therealjonzone said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @WeritoK2 said:

> > > > @"Fujikura Golf" said:

> > > > > @WeritoK2 said:

> > > > > Im currently playing the Speeder TR 661 Stiff, can anyone compare it to the new Ventus in 6 Stiff? Am I wrong to think its kinda the same "profile" and playing characteristics? I know I'll go ahead and buy it without even trying it but if its almost the same as my Speeder TR then Im better off saving big money...

> > > >

> > > > They are different. Ventus will feel "Softer" in comparison to TR due to the accelerated taper handle section, but it is by no means a soft/weak shaft. The TR is one of our lowest spinning shafts geared for more aggressive swings. Ventus is mid launching with a stiffer tip, it will spin more than TR, but not a whole lot. Head to a charter dealer to get fit and try them both! https://fujikuragolf.com/dealer-locator/

> > >

> > > Wow, then it's a no no, I love my TR and find it really smooth, so smooth that I usually hook it if i step on it, I am looking for something a bit higher launching but still really low spinning and to tighten dispersion...

> >

> > what you are describing is the Ventus. I have a 125 CHS and love my Ventus. Here are my numbers with a few different Fuji shafts for comparison. Yes, I know I am a total fanboy. I am ok with that .

> >

> > ghbs3mqhsii5.png

> >

> How come your ball speed is so low at 125mph?

>

good question.. I dont know. I think that right at 180 ball speed is pretty decent. But what do I know. 320'ish carry at sea level seems good to me, but what do I know.

BALL; Chrome Soft X