PHOTOS: Accra TZ5 & TZ6 Shafts

GolfWRX

I am a high peak height, high spinning player. I had a fitting at my local Club Champion with the intention of finding a replacement shaft for my 7.5* G400 LST. I was playing the Tour 75 stiff, but was not happy with the tip section since it felt too "active" towards the bottom of the swing. I also couldn't swing above 80% without losing control of the club face. I tried HZDRUS Black 65 6.5 and the Accra TZ5 65 M5. Both shafts felt similar in stability but the TZ5 was a clear winner when it came to feel - can't stress enough how smooth the TZ5 is. The TZ5 dropped my peak height, kept my spin within a good range, I had better consistency with strike, and was able to get after a few of them without much instability. I'm not a big spender when it comes to clubs or shafts but I'll definitely be shelling out for this guy! Below are my stats with TZ5 (Blue) vs. my Tour 75 S (Red)

Uhhhhh....dispersion??? I’m not a fitting expert, but I’d say you might be a bit concerned with those accuracy numbers.

Off season work has changed my ball flight from a fade to a draw which sometimes gets away from me. That’s the Indian not the arrow. The shaft produced a consistently lower ball flight and good spin number for my swing while feeling smooth, it’s my job to work on face to path

I am a high peak height, high spinning player. I had a fitting at my local Club Champion with the intention of finding a replacement shaft for my 7.5* G400 LST. I was playing the Tour 75 stiff, but was not happy with the tip section since it felt too "active" towards the bottom of the swing. I also couldn't swing above 80% without losing control of the club face. I tried HZDRUS Black 65 6.5 and the Accra TZ5 65 M5. Both shafts felt similar in stability but the TZ5 was a clear winner when it came to feel - can't stress enough how smooth the TZ5 is. The TZ5 dropped my peak height, kept my spin within a good range, I had better consistency with strike, and was able to get after a few of them without much instability. I'm not a big spender when it comes to clubs or shafts but I'll definitely be shelling out for this guy! Below are my stats with TZ5 (Blue) vs. my Tour 75 S (Red)

Was the head at the same loft for these?

Titleist TSi3 9* - Tensei Blue 60 TX
Titleist TS2 15* - D+ LTD 70X
Titleist TSi2 21* - Tensei White 80X

Srixon Z785 4i, Miura MC-501 5-PW - X100
SM7 50F, 54S, SM8 58M
Spider Tour

Looking forward to this! My prediction is smoother, higher traj with similar spin. I go next week for my fitting with my club builder for the TZ6 in a Mizuno ST190. Stoked

Spelling Edit

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

Was the head at the same loft for these?

Yes, same loft

I really wish Accra was widely available outside just club fitters, there stuff is so good, but I respect their model.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

I really wish Accra was widely available outside just club fitters, there stuff is so good, but I respect their model.

I agree. Only way I can try it is by shelling out the $$$ to get one here. The closest fitter is 4 hours away from here.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

I agree. Only way I can try it is by shelling out the $$$ to get one here. The closest fitter is 4 hours away from here.

Radiman, you should contact JDs Clubs....he's out of MN and has a great relationship with ACCRA. I can't speak for him, but, I know he has demos that you could ask him about trying?! He's a great guy.

**NOT trying to turn this into a sales pitch. Just trying to help a fellow Minnesotan! :)

Radiman, you should contact JDs Clubs....he's out of MN and has a great relationship with ACCRA. I can't speak for him, but, I know he has demos that you could ask him about trying?! He's a great guy.

**NOT trying to turn this into a sales pitch. Just trying to help a fellow Minnesotan! :)

Bought many shafts from JD. He's fantastic. Just ordered a TZ6 from him.

I'm aware of him. Didn't realize that he's in MN though. I'll check it out and see. Thanks!

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

I just reached out to him and it sounds like he would be willing to send me a demo shaft to try. If I am going to demo it, I am going to wait until the snow is gone so I can get a good amount of on course play in so I can really see how it plays. Thanks for the suggestion!

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

I just reached out to him and it sounds like he would be willing to send me a demo shaft to try. If I am going to demo it, I am going to wait until the snow is gone so I can get a good amount of on course play in so I can really see how it plays. Thanks for the suggestion!

Happy to help, fella! He's a very close friend of mine and one of the finest people I know. Our whole friendship was born off a purchase..... I got home and the LTD head I bought from him had a scratch under the wrapping (clearly from when it was built at the factory). I thought, "great, this guy is going to think I did it after removing the wrapping and won't let me return it." Many people would have just assumed that I scratched it and said "too bad so sad."

JD didn't bat an eye, gave me a brand new LTD head and earned my trust for life. Complete class act about the whole deal. Stand-up guy. Stand-up builder.

Glad he's sending one your way!

Let us know your thoughts on the Tz!

Happy to help, fella! He's a very close friend of mine and one of the finest people I know. Our whole friendship was born off a purchase..... I got home and the LTD head I bought from him had a scratch under the wrapping (clearly from when it was built at the factory). I thought, "great, this guy is going to think I did it after removing the wrapping and won't let me return it." Many people would have just assumed that I scratched it and said "too bad so sad."

JD didn't bat an eye, gave me a brand new LTD head and earned my trust for life. Complete class act about the whole deal. Stand-up guy. Stand-up builder.

Glad he's sending one your way!

Let us know your thoughts on the Tz!

Oh, it will be a while. I am waiting until golf weather hits. At this pace, it will be mid to late April. Sounds like we will have well below average temps into March here.

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

I'm hoping to test this soon and I have the Rogue 130 now, so I'll post results as soon as I have them.

Curious on how these compare

Ping G400 LST 8.5* w/ Tensei Pro White 70 TX
TM '17 M2 15* w/ Kurokage Dual Core 80 TX
TM P790 UDI 2 w/ KBS Tour 130x
Titleist 718 CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130x
Fourteen Raw RM 22 50, 54, 58 w/ KBS 610 Tour Black Nickel
Scotty Cameron Circle T Futura 6M[/b][/color][/font][/size][/font][/size]

Thought I’d add a little here. I finally was able to put my TZ6 through a little testing on Trackman against my Tensei Pro Orange. It needs some more time in Trackman, which is set for Monday, but I would say that I’m impressed so far. Here’s a quick write-up. I’ll try to post all if the Trackman data that I have.

This was done with a 2018 ProV1 and an M2 10.5 head set to neutral. Both shafts were put together by Will People’s (who’s the man as many of you know) and are cut to play 44.5”. Both are the 60g models in the TX for the PO and M5 for the Accra. Testing was all done indoors on Trackman. I’m a 2.3 index currently, like to cut the ball with the driver, and normally am around 112-114, though really sit right at or just above 112 the majority of the time. Finally, I’ve played the PO since March of last year and have been very happy with it.

First of all they are both fantastic shafts. They definitely have a different feel to them, but I could easily play either one. I found the Accra to laugh about 1-2* higher on average and spin very similarly, on average it was 102 rpms higher in the Accra. The big thing there though was that I had a wider range of spin with the PO, as low as 1490 and as high as 2750 compared to the Accra range at 1790 and 2420 respectively. What was interesting to me was that I picked up 5 yards of carry and 2 mph of ball speed with the Accra compared to the PO 162 vs 164 average. I was a bit sore today from some gym time, but the ss average was identical at 111. The interesting thing to me was that my smash was so much better with the Accra. I averaged 1.48 with the Accra compared to 1.46 with the PO. I realize that hitting it more solidly will certainly increase but maybe I just respond better to this shaft. Finally I also found that the lateral dispersion was very similar. A bad shot is a bad s***. But what really impressed me was how the distance remained for the Accra even when I mishit it. With the PO the high to low distance was 36 yards compared to 21 yards with the Accra. Again hitting it more solidly definitely helped here.

I’ll be doing some more testing on Monday and will try to post the Trackman numbers. I’d definitely say though that the Accra is something to definitely try if you can. I think I covered most of my thoughts and will try to post more next week.

Hey Guys. I am back with my brief initial thoughts on the ACCRA TZ6 65 M5 in my M6 Head. We had a "playable" day here so had to take advantage. Temperature was in the 50's, one of the normal courses I play was of course thawed and soaked. This was just on course thoughts and I have no monitor data yet.

I have gamed a Tensei Pro White 70TX mainly since it was released. The Tensei is a great feeling Shaft for such a low spin monster. Playing the Accra at the same exact length and swingweight I did see differences. The ACCRA feels more stable, but not harsh in anyway. The handle feels a bit firmer than the Tensei but with a more active Tip in the Accra, it is a ball speed producer. When I say a more active tip, I in no way mean loose feeling or hard to control. I was hoping I did not make a mistake when going with the TZ6(higher) over the TZ5(lower), and I must say I did not. The TZ6 launches just about in the same window as my Tensei and by eye I would say spins a touch more but not by much at all is my prediction.

The shaft just produced penetrating bombs for me today. With no exaggeration, I was past my normal summer distance areas today on multiple holes, which surprised me for sure. The best thing about this shaft for me is dispersion, It just goes straight for me. I would get loose shots with the Tensei with the softer handle. Winter swing is in full effect with driver clubhead speed at 110-113. I just am truly impressed as to what ACCRA has made with this shaft. I could easily sell my other shafts and be content after one round with it. It is that Good imho! Monitor Data to come along with more on course thoughts when the weather allows.

• Qi10- Kai’li White 60TX
  • Tsi3 5W -  Tensei White 70X
  • P790 3I - AD DI
  • P7TW 4-PW -  $ Taper
  • MG4 52 - 58 - $ Taper
  • GoodWood 
  • TP5X

Hey Guys. I am back with my brief initial thoughts on the ACCRA TZ6 65 M5 in my M6 Head. We had a "playable" day here so had to take advantage. Temperature was in the 50's, one of the normal courses I play was of course thawed and soaked. This was just on course thoughts and I have no monitor data yet.

I have gamed a Tensei Pro White 70TX mainly since it was released. The Tensei is a great feeling Shaft for such a low spin monster. Playing the Accra at the same exact length and swingweight I did see differences. The ACCRA feels more stable, but not harsh in anyway. The handle feels a bit firmer than the Tensei but with a more active Tip in the Accra, it is a ball speed producer. When I say a more active tip, I in no way mean loose feeling or hard to control. I was hoping I did not make a mistake when going with the TZ6(higher) over the TZ5(lower), and I must say I did not. The TZ6 launches just about in the same window as my Tensei and by eye I would say spins a touch more but not by much at all is my prediction.

The shaft just produced penetrating bombs for me today. With no exaggeration, I was past my normal summer distance areas today on multiple holes, which surprised me for sure. The best thing about this shaft for me is dispersion, It just goes straight for me. I would get loose shots with the Tensei with the softer handle. Winter swing is in full effect with driver clubhead speed at 110-113. I just am truly impressed as to what ACCRA has made with this shaft. I could easily sell my other shafts and be content after one round with it. It is that Good imho! Monitor Data to come along with more on course thoughts when the weather allows.

That setup looks so sick!!!!

Awesome comparisons and thanks to all for posting their experiences/data! I'm curious as to whether anyone has hit or is interested in the TZ5? Has this been revamped with as dynamic a feel as the TZ6 has been touted to have? The only Accra shaft I've ever hit was the CS1 70 M5 and it produced some great numbers for me during a fitting. Are these two profiles at all comparable between the CS1 and the TZ series? As someone with a +5-7AoA I actually need to work on getting my launch down a bit; while I'm very interested in the TZ6 and all the positive feedback I'm wondering if the TZ5 would be a better fit? Currently playing an Atmos Black 7x in my Epic, but have a new F9 coming with a PO 70tx for reference. Taking a bit of a flier on the PO 70tx and wondering if I need to do a TZ5 swap!

I've read all I can about these shafts and am still confused as to which one might work better. Will try to get to a fitter if i can.

SS is about 108, AOA is positive 4-5. Launch at 12-13 and spin is about 2600 so trying to bring that spin down just a bit. This is with a KK DC XT 60 TX in a 2016 M2 head. They say the TZ6 is a "spin killer" but it launches higher. Curious if the TZ5 might be a better option. Any thoughts?

Cally AI Smoke TD 9 Ventus Black 6x
Sim 16.5 Ventus Black 7x
Titeist TSi3 18 Hybrid GD Tour AD IZ 85x
Srixon ZX7 Mkii 4-PW DG TI 120 X100
Vokey SM9 50/54/60
TM Spider X Tour Stability Shaft

ProV1

TZ6/TZ5 shafts are the best shafts ever perhaps in the history of golf shafts. They are going to be #1. On tour and wherever else. Try them and you will open your wallet. Don't try them still open your wallet. If they were on OEM lists they would be #1 but they're not. Half of the tour players may have these in their drivers by the end of the year. All other shafts are crap, these are the real deal. If our friends at Toll Bros say anything to the contrary, they are asleep at the wheel. Makes me want to listen to some great music.

If I like AD-IZ which one would I most likely want to try? TZ5 or TZ6? Thanks.

Titleist TSR3 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Taylormade Stealth 2 15* - Ventus TR Blue 8X

Callaway Apex UW 19* - Ventus TR Blue 8X

Titleist T200 4i - Axiom 105X

Titleist T100 5-PW KBS Tour 130X
Titleist Vokey SM9 Raw 50/56/60 - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Circle T Tour Rat Newport

TZ6/TZ5 shafts are the best shafts ever perhaps in the history of golf shafts. They are going to be #1. On tour and wherever else. Try them and you will open your wallet. Don't try them still open your wallet. If they were on OEM lists they would be #1 but they're not. Half of the tour players may have these in their drivers by the end of the year. All other shafts are crap, these are the real deal. If our friends at Toll Bros say anything to the contrary, they are asleep at the wheel. Makes me want to listen to some great music.

I am very interested as to if this will be the case! Seems pretty interesting so far!

Going to try and get one I guess.

Tested out the TZ5 65 M4 this past weekend in a G410 plus in a fitting I was finishing up for my driver. Before this the G400 SFT with a Tour Z Xtreme 465 M4 was gonna be my setup. The TZ5 felt extremely smooth and similar to the Tour Z Xtreme as this will be replacing that.

For me I really enjoy the shaft but opting not to get the TZ5 in my driver as the Ping Tour works really well for me in the G410 and the fitters advised there was no need for me to buy the TZ5 if I was going for the G410. If I was going with the G400 then it was going to be ideal to get my launch and spin down where the Ping Tour shaft was giving me optimal numbers in the G410.

I'd strongly suggest a fitting if possible, this shaft could find it's way into my driver in a year or two or in a 3W.

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana