Blade users thread (NO DEBATING CLUBHEADS! NO Buy Sell Trade!)

Bigmean

@kleydejong awesome job on the MP14 face cleaning. And thanks for the tip of Boeshield T9. Your on the right path. You can find so many blades from 10 years ago in great shape for little money.

MP32. I love mine and have had three sets.

Cheers goodluck. Keep posting your finds

Taylormade M4 tour 8.5*   Attas 4U 6X

Srixon Z H45  16*

Callaway Apex MB raw 4-PW  

Cleveland 588    52,60

Odyssey WH PRO 7
-----------------------------------------

So I took my set of Hogan '72 Apexes to the range today for the first time. I've heard these aren't the easiest irons to hit, and I wouldn't disagree. However, although the sweet spot seems to by tiny, I didn't notice much of a distance loss with slight mishits. Or, to put it another way, the ball was flying normally even if the shot wasn't quite pured. The thing I liked about these irons is that they are very responsive and accurate.

They have a bit of a reverse muscle, in that the upper part has a bigger muscle pad than the bottom half of the club.

Anyway, I bent them all more upright (up to 4* depending on the club) to match my specs, and tweaked the lofts a little, as there were some odd gaps (only 2* between the 7i and 8i). I went off a 50* PW, going down in 4* lofts until the 3i, which I made a degree weak at 23*. After getting the lies right, I did find them quite a bit easier to hit.

Nice clubs, and I am looking forward to playing them. If we get some warmish weather this month, I am taking them out for a persimmon and blades round.

:stink:

i dont know if this is hype enough for you fellers

Ping G400/ Ping tour 65 s

Ping 410 3w / Ping tour 65 s 

Nike VRS covert 5w/ kurokage black s

Titleist 718 T-mb 4 iron / amt white s300

Titleist 716 AP2 5-pw/ amt white s300

Cleveland Rtx4  48(bent to 50)mid, 54 mid, 58 mid / dynamic gold s400

Nike midnight method 006/ Black SS Gt 1.0 w 25g counter core.

Is that a Kool Cat fairway wood lurking in the background? I've got a Corker driver, which is filled with cork just like the Kool Cats were. If I nut it, the ball goes a mile. I'd really like to go on a launch monitor with it.

Yep it’s the 3 wood my godfather gave me when I first got into playing golf. It’s got a graphite shaft in it. I haven’t gave it a thwack since early high school days

Ping G400/ Ping tour 65 s

Ping 410 3w / Ping tour 65 s 

Nike VRS covert 5w/ kurokage black s

Titleist 718 T-mb 4 iron / amt white s300

Titleist 716 AP2 5-pw/ amt white s300

Cleveland Rtx4  48(bent to 50)mid, 54 mid, 58 mid / dynamic gold s400

Nike midnight method 006/ Black SS Gt 1.0 w 25g counter core.

I'm not much of a Titleist guy, but I did run across this 2-P set. Thought they were a great looking set and would only seem natural to post them here. I do not own this set, merely just ran across it in search of a 3 wood.

[b][color=#8b4513]Wyoming[/color] [color=#ffd700]Cowboys[/color][/b]

I'm not much of a Titleist guy, but I did run across this 2-P set. Thought they were a great looking set and would only seem natural to post them here. I do not own this set, merely just ran across it in search of a 3 wood.

I don't know how you managed to come across that in your search for a 3-wood, but wow! I can guess where you found those...

They look really clean, but no pictures of the faces is a bit alarming.

Pretty healthy starting price as well :fie:

I don't know how you managed to come across that in your search for a 3-wood, but wow! I can guess where you found those...

LOL! Was looking for a PRGR 3 wood, but I also look through the blade ads (obviously). These popped up on the bottom of the page. The blade design caught my eyes before the price. I don't understand why it says "T" and doesnt say 681. The ad says they're 681's but the irons themselves don't state it. Are these those Miura forged Titleist irons that everyone went crazy for? You're right, they didn't show the faces.

[b][color=#8b4513]Wyoming[/color] [color=#ffd700]Cowboys[/color][/b]

LOL! Was looking for a PRGR 3 wood, but I also look through the blade ads (obviously). These popped up on the bottom of the page. The blade design caught my eyes before the price. I don't understand why it says "T" and doesnt say 681. The ad says they're 681's but the irons themselves don't state it. Are these those Miura forged Titleist irons that everyone went crazy for? You're right, they didn't show the faces.

I don't know enough about Titleists to answer that one, but I also wondered why there was no 681 stamping. I thought they had both the "681" and "T" stamped into them.

There's another listing for the T-stamp irons, and they also don't have the 681 stamping. Were there three versions released: "T" stamped, "681T" stamped and "681" stamped irons?

They're probably not Miura T's, those should have red paint in the "T" and COA. Pricing is astronomical for Miura T's and extremely rare to show up. 681's and T's are slightly different in profile, "T" was closer or exact to Tiger's grind. Higher muscle. T's are more valuable in market, like 50% to 100% more. 681T and T are the same thing, Titleist did sell the same club with different stamps. Those clubs pictured are super sweet, I would love to have them.

A few weeks ago I bought some Mizuno ANGC model irons (probably from 1987) and posted pictures here. Anyway, I decided to get them reshafted because the originals were pretty rusty and very soft, so I got them done with DGS400 as an experiment. Their swing weight is D2, but their deadweight is pretty heavy, so they quite something to heft.

Anyway, I took them to the range this evening to try out alongside my '72 Apexes. I adjusted their lies and lofts (lofts were weirdly strong) and gave them a pretty good workout. Verdict so far: not bad, especially in the long and medium irons, but I found the Apexes easier to control. The Mizunos feel fantastic, but I think I need to dabble with the lofts and lies a little more.

Really loving my "new" MP69s. They the offset hosel transition is perfect for my eye. Much more pleasing than the baby blades for me.

I was never really taken with the 69s, but the other day I saw a set (5i - PW) in the local second hand shop and picked up the 5i to have a look. Perhaps my tastes have changed, but they set up very nicely, and have a pleasant beefy look to them. I might have to give them a hit. Not that I need anymore iron sets.

My wife got me Sunday tickets for the 2019 PGA Championship @ Bethpage. Really stoked, first Pro tournament, never mind a major. Going to follow the big cat, going to watch pros warm up, make it long day with plenty of hydration. :)

In OT news, just got my 'new' Mac "cheese grater" tower up & running. Beautiful beast replaces my 2007 iMac which was torture to use. Crap gets faster but bloatware coding and fanless enclosures destroys it all. Tower is near as fast and powerful as anything offered these days and at a third of the cost. It's an MB of tech, the case is a gem of engineering design. Finding connections to the new Dell monitor was ridiculous though, visited 6 stores including Apple. Hail Mary was Staples and I scored. Cheers.

These arrived yesterday, 2-P. All I can say is wow!!!

e1b5d9b010b0bd4edd76f9aaaa2a68a0.jpg

[center][size=3][i][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Taylormade M2 2016 9*[/font][/i][/size][/center]
[center][font="comic sans ms, cursive"][size=3][i]Taylormade M2 2016 15*[/i][/size][/font][/center]
[center][size=3][i][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Adams DHy Proto 21*[/font][/i][/size][/center]
[center][i][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Mizuno MMC FliHi 4i[/font][/i][/center]
[center][i][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Mizuno MMC 5-P[/font][/i][/center]
[center][font="comic sans ms, cursive"][size=3][i]Callaway MackDaddy 4 Milled 54|58[/i][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=comic sans ms, cursive][size=3][i]Custom Scotty Cameron California Coronado Milled Face[/i][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font="comic sans ms, cursive"][size=3][i]Snell MTB/MTB Black[/i][/size][/font][/center]

I am not sure if this relevant or not. I guess I am a MB "wannabe" that was at one time a "ustabe". I recently acquired a Titleist 695MB mostly because of the clean looks and something to fool around with to see if I could still hit one. Some of us older guys, tend to forget that when we started out, that's all there were. Dunlop, Spalding. Ram et al. As the years passed, I gradually got caught up in the new trends, but usually, after a long hiatus from playing at all. I am talking decades here.

Anyway, I am finding the MB challenging, but getting better day by day. Perhaps I can channel something from my deep subconscious and get those old feelings back. Or not....no matter...its fun trying.

"Non rinunciare mai quello
che desideri...."
Go with what you know!

Driver: Titleist 913D

Fairway: Tour Edge XCG 7

Hybrids: Bobby Jones(Jesse Ortiz) Blackbird 3,4,5,6

Irons: 3-PW Titleist 710 MB (Rifle Project X 6.0 Flighted)

Wedges: Tour Edge 52, 56 deg, Cleveland RTX 50 deg 

Putter: Odyssey Custom Metal X 7

Those are the “ Tiger” model copies. Not Muira forged. Either Hoffman forged or another place who’s name escapes me. Not exactly like tigers irons either. But pretty close. The Miura T versions have a build number beside the T like 126/500 or something like that. And they are a different shape. How much $ did they want ?

Sorry nard . I see you’ve already said the same. I think we both geek out when we see a set of these. Lol

I’ll add that there’s also another 681 version the “ custom grind “. Will be stamped “681 custom grind” , and there’s at least 5-6 different muscle and toe shapes for these. Then there’s the blank tour issue versions like mine. The have nothing stamped where the 681 or T is. Notice the T versions have no rings on the hosel. The custom grind and regular 681 versions have rings. The T and the blank tour sets don’t.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

That sounds about normal. $1k is getting to look like a steal on a mint 2-pw set. I’ve seen several in the plastic advertised for $1500 or more.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Anyone's thoughts on Titleist Z-M blades?

:diablo:

qlgqx.jpg

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, Rogue Black 75X -or- TM Stage 2 Tour 3w, NV105 X -or- TEE E8 Beta 12*, Rogue Silver 70X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S -or- TEE CBX 17*, HZRDUS 85 6.0

2 iron:  Arias D-23, Modus3 120 S; Mizuno MP-20 HMB, NS Pro 950 R

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S; testing: Arias D-23 5i w/Modus 120 S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3), Wilson Triad

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

Thanks for the insight BH. I'm blind in regards to Titleist. They are very awesome.

I think the Auction price started at $1300US. Somewhere in that ballpark. Or maybe it was a Buy Now type of sale.

For T's that's about right. NIB sets go for over $1800. Lightly used $900. A caveat about these clubs. Factory build has dowels, most all that happened to be re-shafted after do not. The dowels add a warmth to them and I highly value it. Buying a set used, I recommend they look to be OEM built and even have original grips.