Project X T1100 Even Flow White

chch3

Got fitted on release and went for the smoke. I was swinging poorly the day of the fitting and the smoke does feel really nice. Light, easy to load and gave me good ball speed but launched a bit higher than I wanted with good spin numbers. The feel was great and I felt confident with my purchase.

I hated the EFW. At the fitting I could not hit it. The filter handed me the 6.5 EFW as my first combination and I was abysmal. But I did have a couple drivers that were just absolute bombs at 299 yards which for me is big. I tried the 6.0 and was poor too and I thought the 6.0 pre-fitting would be the setup for me.

On the course I couldn't keep the smoke in play so took a punt and looked on eBay and got an EFW.

A month later I'm happy to report I love the EFW. It feels strong and powerful without being overwhelmingly harsh and gives me exactly what I'm looking for. I think with the EFW it's all in the flex - don't massage your ego and go too stiff. Once it clicks the shaft works. It definitely is much boardier and lower launching than the smoke with less spin. Sometimes on steady shots it's hard to feel it loading.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got fitted on release and went for the smoke. I was swinging poorly the day of the fitting and the smoke does feel really nice. Light, easy to load and gave me good ball speed but launched a bit higher than I wanted with good spin numbers. The feel was great and I felt confident with my purchase.

I hated the EFW. At the fitting I could not hit it. The filter handed me the 6.5 EFW as my first combination and I was abysmal. But I did have a couple drivers that were just absolute bombs at 299 yards which for me is big. I tried the 6.0 and was poor too and I thought the 6.0 pre-fitting would be the setup for me.

On the course I couldn't keep the smoke in play so took a punt and looked on eBay and got an EFW.

A month later I'm happy to report I love the EFW. It feels strong and powerful without being overwhelmingly harsh and gives me exactly what I'm looking for. I think with the EFW it's all in the flex - don't massage your ego and go too stiff. Once it clicks the shaft works. It definitely is much boardier and lower launching than the smoke with less spin. Sometimes on steady shots it's hard to feel it loading.

Indeed. Many of us who tested HZRDUS T1100 a year earlier actually stepped down 1/2 a flex because how stout the shaft was. I waited almost 3 months to get a 5.5 HZRDUS T1100 so I didn't want to wait that long again. It's not that 6.0 is too stiff, but it's more difficult to load consistently if you are not normally swinging 110+. At ~105, I'd have a bunch of bombs but always have a few shots that didn't work. That's the main reason I went back to EF Black (also 6.0 65g) as primary shaft.

PXG Gen 4 0811XT 9* Tensei White AV RAW 65X

PXG Gen 4 0341X 3W Tensei White AV RAW 75X

PXG Gen 1 0211 19* Tensei White AV RAW 90X

PXG 0317ST 4-W Extreme Darkness PX LZ 6.5

PXG SD2 50* & 54 PX LZ 6.0

PXG SD 58*

PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack Slant neck 34" 

Indeed. Many of us who tested HZRDUS T1100 a year earlier actually stepped down 1/2 a flex because how stout the shaft was. I waited almost 3 months to get a 5.5 HZRDUS T1100 so I didn't want to wait that long again. It's not that 6.0 is too stiff, but it's more difficult to load consistently if you are not normally swinging 110+. At ~105, I'd have a bunch of bombs but always have a few shots that didn't work. That's the main reason I went back to EF Black (also 6.0 65g) as primary shaft.

I was in exactly the same boat. Gave the 6.5 and 6.0 a spin in the EF T1100 and the Smoke. In the Smoke, the 6.5 produced some decent numbers I just didn't like the feel of the Smoke in general. In the EF T1100, it just felt like too much for me to handle. The launch monitor had me averaging at 108mph but I just felt like I had to go at the 6.5 too much. Went down to the 6.0 and it was just bombs away.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

I was in exactly the same boat. Gave the 6.5 and 6.0 a spin in the EF T1100 and the Smoke. In the Smoke, the 6.5 produced some decent numbers I just didn't like the feel of the Smoke in general. In the EF T1100, it just felt like too much for me to handle. The launch monitor had me averaging at 108mph but I just felt like I had to go at the 6.5 too much. Went down to the 6.0 and it was just bombs away.

Honestly, I am surprised that your fitter would even recommend you to try 6.5 in either EF White or the Smoke. IMHO it shows that he's not very familiar with these shafts. 6.5 in EFW is definitely for someone that can avg well above 110.

However, recently I started to question all fitting principles as I can not explain the situation with this one guy I play with. He in the mid 60's with a SS no more than 90. He's using a 8.5* 917D2 with Diamana D+ 75x. In principle he should be hitting worm burners but he can poke it out there 220 with relative ease. :superman2: :superman2:

PXG SD 58*

The cool thing about the EFW, if you are fitted for it, is that the misses aren’t huge. I’ve noticed that my “baby shots” are still straight but naturally a bit lower on the club face because of the torque (lack there of).

I’m happy with my choice but, I finally am back with an M6 / taylormade driver. The shafts out there to choose from second hand is ridiculous compared to ping, mizuno, Cobra etc.

Honestly, I am surprised that your fitter would even recommend you to try 6.5 in either EF White or the Smoke. IMHO it shows that he's not very familiar with these shafts. 6.5 in EFW is definitely for someone that can avg well above 110.

However, recently I started to question all fitting principles as I can not explain the situation with this one guy I play with. He in the mid 60's with a SS no more than 90. He's using a 8.5* 917D2 with Diamana D+ 75x. In principle he should be hitting worm burners but he can poke it out there 220 with relative ease. :superman2: :superman2:

I’m not over 110 and I was fit into the evenflow white at 6.5. On an outdoor range with trackman hitting pro v1’s. It depends on your swing not purely on swingspeed.

Titleist TS3 10.5 Kuro Kage DC 70 TX
Titleist TS2 3 Wood Evenflow 85
Titleist 818 H2 19* Tensei White
Titleist 718 AP3 KBS S Taper S+ 4 iron
Titleist 718 CB KBS S Taper S+ 5-9
Vokey Hand Ground by the Man himself 46F, 50F, 54K, 60V
Scotty Cameron Toolbox 009

I'm not over 110 and I was fit into the evenflow white at 6.5. On an outdoor range with trackman hitting pro v1's. It depends on your swing not purely on swingspeed.

The fitter is one of my best friends so we had nothing but time and the chance to play around with all of the options. I was launching the 6.0 in 9.5 at 15 degrees which we wanted to take down a hair so we tried the 6.5 but it was a little bit of a struggle so we ended up going back to the 6.0 and going down to an 8.5 degree lofted driver which knocked the launch down to 13.4 which I was much happier with :)

Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

I'm not over 110 and I was fit into the evenflow white at 6.5. On an outdoor range with trackman hitting pro v1's. It depends on your swing not purely on swingspeed.

Yes you absolutely can get great numbers hitting it. However, I'd be willing to wager that you would have more consistent results over time if you were using a 6.0. :yes:

The fitter is one of my best friends so we had nothing but time and the chance to play around with all of the options. I was launching the 6.0 in 9.5 at 15 degrees which we wanted to take down a hair so we tried the 6.5 but it was a little bit of a struggle so we ended up going back to the 6.0 and going down to an 8.5 degree lofted driver which knocked the launch down to 13.4 which I was much happier with :)

Now I get it!

PXG SD 58*

Hoping for some help here. Fitting for me is nearly impossible as we live 6 hours from the nearest reputable fitter and I’ve had issues getting fit for a driver there previously. I’m between 108-112 with the driver and a fairly quick transition and a negative attack angle that when I really work at it can get close to level. Trying to decide between epic flash,f9, and the mizuno line and between either atmos black even flow white or maybe thinking graphite design ad tp just based on aoa being negative and looking for the elusive high launch low spin combo. Any help/insight with these shafts/combos is appreciated. Thanks!

what I have like about the white in my 3+ so far is how stable it is, but not that "boardy" feel. I am still testing but am liking it. I have hit the smoke in a few demos this year, and just did not like the overall feel of it.

limited time with both.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T150 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

what I have like about the white in my 3+ so far is how stable it is, but not that "boardy" feel. I am still testing but am liking it. I have hit the smoke in a few demos this year, and just did not like the overall feel of it.

limited time with both.

If anything I found the Smoke felt worse that the T1100. For me it just felt terrible.

Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

limited time with both.

If anything I found the Smoke felt worse that the T1100. For me it just felt terrible.

Same here. Other than the yellow nothing in the hzrdus line works for me and while I don’t like the feel of the yellow it’s hard to argue with results. I have the white in my fw and it feels much better than smoke and better results in launch and direction

Hoping for some help here. Fitting for me is nearly impossible as we live 6 hours from the nearest reputable fitter and I’ve had issues getting fit for a driver there previously. I’m between 108-112 with the driver and a fairly quick transition and a negative attack angle that when I really work at it can get close to level. Trying to decide between epic flash,f9, and the mizuno line and between either atmos black even flow white or maybe thinking graphite design ad tp just based on aoa being negative and looking for the elusive high launch low spin combo. Any help/insight with these shafts/combos is appreciated. Thanks!

I recall there was another similar case pretty early in this thread, and the consensus was that no shaft can fix a swing flaw. Negative AOA very much put you at odds with that high launch\low spin combo that you are looking for. A low launch\low spin shaft is not going to get you the high launch and mid launch shaft will produce too much spin for you. You may have to accept the fact that you will be playing with a low ball flight and try to get spin in an acceptable range so you don't get too much ballooning.

PXG SD 58*

If it helps - I'm 108-112ish myself, with a quick tempo but a positive AOA and have played the T1100 for a few months now and am currently demoing the AD TP. T1100 is not high launch/low spiby any means. Compared to the TP, the TP has a much higher launch with (in my opinion) a rising feel to it. The ball just climbs with the TP. The T1100 has been a little too boardy for my feel, so it's time for me to move to something else.

I'm specifically looking into the AD IZ, as I have demoed that alongside the TP and have nothing but nice things to say about the AD IZ so far!

Titleist TSR3 10* - Tensei 1K White 60TX

Callaway Paradym TD 15* - Mitsubishi Kaili White 70X

TRS2 21* - Hzrdus Black Gen 4 80X

Titleist T100 - Project X 6.5

Titleist Vokey SM 9 48*/53*/58* - Dynamic Gold S400 Onyx

Taylormade Spider X

2023 ProV1X

The EFW is a great shaft. Was a great shaft mated to the TS3. I am going to tinker with one this off season.

That is the shaft I am using in my M6. Perfect feel, whip, flight and spin. I can't really quite say how happy I am with it. I really enjoyed it in the TS2 I tried for one round in Palm Springs.

Hazardous Smoke was good but, if I was going back to that line, I would just go with Hazardous Black in 65g 6.5 flex. Great shaft there too.

If it helps - I'm 108-112ish myself, with a quick tempo but a positive AOA and have played the T1100 for a few months now and am currently demoing the AD TP. T1100 is not high launch/low spiby any means. Compared to the TP, the TP has a much higher launch with (in my opinion) a rising feel to it. The ball just climbs with the TP. The T1100 has been a little too boardy for my feel, so it's time for me to move to something else.

I'm specifically looking into the AD IZ, as I have demoed that alongside the TP and have nothing but nice things to say about the AD IZ so far!

Thanks! Was looking into that one a bit as well, only was leaning tp as from what I’ve read the tip is supposed to be slightly stiffer so that definitely helps as I was basically at a toss up if I went the gd route.

I recall there was another similar case pretty early in this thread, and the consensus was that no shaft can fix a swing flaw. Negative AOA very much put you at odds with that high launch\low spin combo that you are looking for. A low launch\low spin shaft is not going to get you the high launch and mid launch shaft will produce too much spin for you. You may have to accept the fact that you will be playing with a low ball flight and try to get spin in an acceptable range so you don't get too much ballooning.

Thanks, that’s been my fate as of late it seems. Used to be able to separate the two swings but with kids now and way less practice time i seem to be constantly swinging my “iron” swing. I tried it the other way for a bit but while driving improved it wasn’t near enough of an improvement to sacrifice the iron play that accompanied it. Appreciate the input though!

Thanks! Was looking into that one a bit as well, only was leaning tp as from what I’ve read the tip is supposed to be slightly stiffer so that definitely helps as I was basically at a toss up if I went the gd route.

Excellent! The TP and IZ are both different feeling shafts. The IZ is more of a launch super high and let it roll out type feel where as the TP is more of a climbing effect (at least with my swing pattern).

As for feel, IZ feels like you can pound it as hard as you want and it will still feel smooth, with the TP having a more boardy feel to it where you feel like the club gets out ahead of your hands. They're both worth demoing.

Additionally, I have tried the DI and simply hated it. Oh well!

Titleist TSR3 10* - Tensei 1K White 60TX

Callaway Paradym TD 15* - Mitsubishi Kaili White 70X

TRS2 21* - Hzrdus Black Gen 4 80X

Titleist T100 - Project X 6.5

Titleist Vokey SM 9 48*/53*/58* - Dynamic Gold S400 Onyx

Taylormade Spider X

2023 ProV1X

I’ll add my $0.02, I was a long time Speeder 7.2 TS user and transitioned over to the Atmos Black 7X last year. As soon as I recieved my TS3 I popped the Atmos in and went to the range. To be honest, I was spraying it all over the place (disclaimer, this was the first time I swung a club since November). With about thirty balls left, I swapped out the Atmos and put in the Evenflow 6.5 and wow. I didn’t look back, dispersion was tight, flight meet the eye test and the ball seemed to go forever. This could easily be a honeymoon phase, or knocked off all the winter rust, but I was certainly impressed with this shaft being a stock offering.

G410 LST 9* w/ Small Batch HZRDUS Green 70 6.5
G425 Max 14.5* w/ Tensei Pro Blue 80TX
818 19* w/ Tensei Pro White 90TX
TM UDI 18* w/ Tensei Pro White 100TX
0311T w/ Nippon Modus 5-PW 3 120X
SM8 50F, 54S and Wedgeworks 58V w/ Nippon Modus 125X
Tour Issue Spider Tour Black
2019 ProV1

I've went back to original HZRDUS t100 and am KILLING those again. Though my next round I may throw the ef t1100 in due to a back issue (I pulled/strained muscles and was having spasms last weekend). That was I can go smoother and slower. Love both shafts, just depends on the application at this point.

Thanks, that’s been my fate as of late it seems. Used to be able to separate the two swings but with kids now and way less practice time i seem to be constantly swinging my “iron” swing. I tried it the other way for a bit but while driving improved it wasn’t near enough of an improvement to sacrifice the iron play that accompanied it. Appreciate the input though!

Hey sgilly28, I have a negative AOA with similar swing speeds to you and I was fitted with a TS2 16.5 with Evenflow 75 6.5X. I gamed it for a while and found it too low, so I tried the Atmos Blue 7S tipped 1/2 inch. It's mid launch, less firm (Evenflow feels like a stick with no flex at all) and works perfect. Maybe you'd like to give that a shot! :)

First time trying this was in ordering it with my F9 and possibly still in the honeymoon period but I am loving it. Nice firm, crisp feel with just a little bit of one-piece kick, and tip-stiff enough to really not get too offline or curve much at all. There’s something about the T1100 material that I like because I was a big fan of the HZRDUS T1100 as well, just a little tough to keep up with it towards the end of a round although I do want to try it again in 6.0. I think tip-heavy shafts tend to work best for me, and thus the EF White feels pretty much perfect. I am honestly surprised it’s not more popular nor has it gotten much buzz at all. Didn’t like either of the other EvenFlow versions but I’m glad I took a flyer on this one.

First time trying this was in ordering it with my F9 and possibly still in the honeymoon period but I am loving it. Nice firm, crisp feel with just a little bit of one-piece kick, and tip-stiff enough to really not get too offline or curve much at all. There's something about the T1100 material that I like because I was a big fan of the HZRDUS T1100 as well, just a little tough to keep up with it towards the end of a round although I do want to try it again in 6.0. I think tip-heavy shafts tend to work best for me, and thus the EF White feels pretty much perfect. I am honestly surprised it's not more popular nor has it gotten much buzz at all. Didn't like either of the other EvenFlow versions but I'm glad I took a flyer on this one.

I may get a new tip on mine to try in the F9 when it arrives.

I really like the 75 in my Rogue SZ 3+.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T150 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

• 3 months later...

> @danman44 said:

> has anybody tried this in the epicflash subzero?wonder if they get along

I am trying a EF T1100 in a Triple Diamond SZ. It is a great feeling combo, but I am sure will go back to my go to Tensei.

• Qi10- Kai’li White 60TX
  • Tsi3 5W -  Tensei White 70X
  • P790 3I - AD DI
  • P7TW 4-PW -  $ Taper
  • MG4 52 - 58 - $ Taper
  • GoodWood 
  • TP5X

• 1 month later...