Stolen Clubs

aquapig

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes my keys and clubs were left in my car...

Let me explain. I played golf Sunday and on my way home from the course I received a call from my wife that she was having contractions and was going into labor. The course I played is about 45 mins away.

This is our first child so as you can imagine I was a bit amped up and pretty much sped home.

Got home and went straight inside. My keys and wedding ring were in my golf bag still.

We started packing stuff for the hospital, took the dogs out and fed them and we left in her car.

We had someone come dog sit until we came home Wednesday. First night home with my beautiful daughter and this happens.

So of course it’s my fault for leaving my s*** in my car, but I was not in my right frame of mind. Got home on little to no sleep for 3 days and did t even think about my car. I assumed I locked it.

Anyway, next morning when I went to take the garbage out I noticed it was gone.

I leave on Pasadena Yatch and Country Club and this kind of thing is unheard of.

I’m going to try Play It Again..that’s a great idea. If they pawned (hopefully), then I will most likely get them back when they go thru the police system.

Thanks for all the advice.

Let me explain. I played golf Sunday and on my way home from the course I received a call from my wife that she was having contractions and was going into labor. The course I played is about 45 mins away.

This is our first child so as you can imagine I was a bit amped up and pretty much sped home.

Got home and went straight inside. My keys and wedding ring were in my golf bag still.

We started packing stuff for the hospital, took the dogs out and fed them and we left in her car.

We had someone come dog sit until we came home Wednesday. First night home with my beautiful daughter and this happens.

So of course it’s my fault for leaving my s*** in my car, but I was not in my right frame of mind. Got home on little to no sleep for 3 days and did t even think about my car. I assumed I locked it.

I leave on Pasadena Yatch and Country Club and this kind of thing is unheard of.

I’m going to try Play It Again..that’s a great idea. If they pawned (hopefully), then I will most likely get them back when they go thru the police system.

He/She will be the joy of your life, almost as a 1 feet to the pin with an iron 6 :))).

I would be surprised if the insurance company would refund any loss/damage

So of course its my fault for leaving my s*** in my car, but I was not in my right frame of mind. Got home on little to no sleep for 3 days and did t even think about my car. I assumed I locked it.

Im going to try Play It Again..thats a great idea. If they pawned (hopefully), then I will most likely get them back when they go thru the police system.

Good luck with everything. You are in my neighborhood as well.

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

Were the keys in the car when they got popped? Because if the keys are still in your golf bag then you will likely have a small radius from where the car was recovered to look for clubs..

Congrats on the new baby!

You won't have time to play golf now anyway. Lol. No need for clubs.

My clubs live in the trunk of my car. Hope yours turn up. All the clubs at my local flea market are junky flips from the Goodwill store.

I played more golf the 1st few years of my daughter's life, by far, than I do now. She's 14 now and a basketball player.

Wow. That sucks. And that wasn’t what I was getting at , at all. I just work around the oem automakers software and know how hard it is to steal a modern car ... virtually impossible without a ready made program to flash and kill the anti theft system and then you also have to break into the locking steering column go free it up. Nearly impossible.

Anyway. Sorry if I added some frustration. I just wondered if the crooks were getting better ( which I doubted they were ) or if they got access to the keys.

Congratulations on the baby girl. Focus on that. The clubs are just ..... clubs. Hope you have a good rest of the weekend !

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

My wife had family in town yesterday so she let me go play. :)

I put together a mismatch set of my old MP-30s and my first ever sand wedge, dad’s old 3 wood and putter, and just for giggles my grandpas old hickory Wilson Staff II driver.

Shot 81 and couldn’t putt at all with that small gripped putter. I’m playing to about an 8 right now so the clubs really didn’t effect me much. In fact, I forgot just how sweet those MP 30s feel.

My wife had family in town yesterday so she let me go play. :)

I put together a mismatch set of my old MP-30s and my first ever sand wedge, dad's old 3 wood and putter, and just for giggles my grandpas old hickory Wilson Staff II driver.

Shot 81 and couldn't putt at all with that small gripped putter. I'm playing to about an 8 right now so the clubs really didn't effect me much. In fact, I forgot just how sweet those MP 30s feel.

Nice to hear that you got out to play. at least you did pretty well with the older clubs it sounds like .

So if anyone local or at least in Florida see a set that match that description, please reach out to me.

Bag was a teal and grey Mizuno cart bag

TS3 Driver Tensi White stiff

900 forged irons w blue and black golf prides

White Nike lunar vapor control 2 shoes

Shot in the dark, but what do I have to lose at this point?

I am sorry to hear you had your stuff stolen.

Congratulations on the new edition!!

I had my bag stolen one year ago today. It was stolen right off the golf course, from the 1st green parking area to be exact. (because of the design, the carts were parked out of sight from the green. And also down to the design, the thieves were able to approach and leave completely unseen from the 1st green) We played just one hole in our first round of the year!

Anyway, my car key and phone were in my bag along with almost all brand new clubs. The car key costs came under my car insurance, and the rest came under my homeowners insurance. I needed to replace the remote car key and the key cylinder in the car door. I ended up eating that expense myself. Because almost all of my clubs were new I had receipts for nearly everything. I have a $500 deductible and my insurance covered the rest relatively quickly. I mention all this in case some of my details might be helpful to you or anyone else. From what I understand, it's not so much how much the one claim is...but how often you make a claim that can lead to problems with insurance companies (at least mine) massively increasing your premium or cancelling your coverage altogether. If you have made any other claims recently then you may want to take that into consideration before going forward with a claim on your clubs... Several months after my theft I paid my annual homeowners bill and the premium did not go up much, if at all, but it was my first claim in many years.

I called around to the play it again sports and at least a dozen pawn shops in the days right after my theft. I also kept an eye on various online options. After calling about 12 pawn shops, I came across one that said they indeed had two guys come in the very day our stuff was stolen, and it was just a few minutes from the golf course. I confirmed that they had surveillance cameras, and got the name of the employee working that day, then called the officer in charge of my case and gave him all that information. They never even bothered to follow up that lead.

I hope you have better luck finding your clubs than I did.

Again, congratulations on your new edition!

TSR3 9° tensei blue 65

TSR2 3w 15°, TSi2 3h 18° tensei blue

MP-20 hmb 4i, MP-20 mmc 5-9i modus 105

T20 46°, SM9 52°, SM5 58°M dynamic gold

BB8 flow 34.25" iomic

4.5 LS 4-way

I had a set of clubs stolen when I was in college that I still mourn over. Staff Goosenecks and a mint Tad Moore TM8 in the bag. Wedges and woods were meh but the putter still holds a spot in my heart. I checked pawn shops and flea markets but never had anything turn up. My Marvin the Martian and K9 head covers seemed likely to stand out but it caused me to lose faith in humanity. Did I mention the Tad Moore?

I hope you find your sticks and the scum that violated you pays dearly...good luck

Well a had a little something happen to ease the pain of losing my entire bag.

Stopped by a pawn shop near where they caught the guys to see if maybe I could get lucky finding my sticks. The guys were really nice and helped me look through the database of all their stores to see if they could help locate them. No such luck.

The owner said he had a couple of golf clubs in the back that he will selll me cheap if I wan interested. He didn’t know a thing about golf or golf clubs. He came out from the back with a 3 wood and Driver. They had old beatup rocketballz head covers. The 3 wood was a TM Jetspeed. The Driver was a 915 D2 with a Diamana Ahina x flex. Hmmm. I was very interested. I asked him how much and he said “idk how about 30.00 for both”..sold!

Well a had a little something happen to ease the pain of losing my entire bag.

Stopped by a pawn shop near where they caught the guys to see if maybe I could get lucky finding my sticks. The guys were really nice and helped me look through the database of all their stores to see if they could help locate them. No such luck.

The owner said he had a couple of golf clubs in the back that he will selll me cheap if I wan interested. He didn't know a thing about golf or golf clubs. He came out from the back with a 3 wood and Driver. They had old beatup rocketballz head covers. The 3 wood was a TM Jetspeed. The Driver was a 915 D2 with a Diamana Ahina x flex. Hmmm. I was very interested. I asked him how much and he said "idk how about 30.00 for both"..sold!

Happy to hear something going your way. I'm in St. Pete too actually so I'll keep an eye out, I go to pawn shops in Clearwater too here and there, so if I see anything I'll let you know! It's unfortunate how big of an issue car theft has become. My car has been broken into twice right in my driveway for a pair of plastic sunglasses and maybe $5 worth of change. I'd have given it to them to not have to pay to get my door fixed!

TaylorMade SIM 10.5* - HZRDUS "Hulk" PVD Green 70 6.0

TaylorMade SIM Max 15* - GD AD-DI 7x

Callaway Mavrik Pro 20* Hybrid - GD AD-DI 85x

TaylorMade P770 4-5 - Project X 6.0

TaylorMade P7MC 6-PW - Project X 6.0

Mizuno T20 50*, 55*, 60* - TI S400

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

Pro V1x

Sorry for your loss. Many years ago I took out a personal articles insurance policy. a few years after it paid off when thieves stole my clubs right out of my garage. The policy costs about $45 per year. It was so worth it. It even paid full cost of replacement. I hope you find your clubs.

Definitely file with insurance. Depending on your policy they will cover most of your loss. In my experience the police are absolutely worthless, and no help in finding your stolen goods. This goes for property damage as well. They want to give you a case # and move on. This is why insurance makes sense.

Callaway (OG) Rogue SZ

TS2 Fairways

JPX 919 Tour (4-PW)

RTX4's 50, 56

BETTI QB6

Not that it helps in the short term or replacement of the items but information as to where they unloaded everything might come out in the criminal prosecution of the thieves. It seems that they went on a spree with the purses and cell phones. It would be relevant to the prosecution if they add charges relating to the sale of the stolen items. Also in most states it’s a separate charge for receiving/buying stolen property. Therefore it could be in the prosecution’s interest to follow up and find out where everything went (i.e. lower the charges on the thieves if they give up the people they sold it to).

Just a few thoughts that won’t help now but might give you longterm peace of mind.

Not that it helps in the short term or replacement of the items but information as to where they unloaded everything might come out in the criminal prosecution of the thieves. It seems that they went on a spree with the purses and cell phones. It would be relevant to the prosecution if they add charges relating to the sale of the stolen items. Also in most states it’s a separate charge for receiving/buying stolen property. Therefore it could be in the prosecution’s interest to follow up and find out where everything went (i.e. lower the charges on the thieves if they give up the people they sold it to).

Just a few thoughts that won’t help now but might give you longterm peace of mind.

A lot of this will depend on the state and how hard they are on criminal prosecutions. Given the facts stated, I can say with 99% certainty, in the State if Maryland this would be given what is known as a Probation Before Judgement (PBJ).

Thieves show up to court, say sorry, my bad, promise to be good now. Pay court costs of approx. $80 and you never hear about anything relevant to the case.

Callaway (OG) Rogue SZ

TS2 Fairways

JPX 919 Tour (4-PW)

RTX4's 50, 56

BETTI QB6