Plumbers to zero offset

manxytag ·  
manxytagmanxytag  567WRX Points: 93Handicap: 5.1Members Posts: 567 Golden Tee
Through boredom of golf equipment at the moment I am wanting some help.

I have an Odyssey 2 ball blade with a plumbers neck and I would to have zero offset (not bothered about the neck)

I have tried posting this as I am in the UK but not having any joy.

so I am going to try doing this myself or find someone who can.

Just need some advice really.

thanks
Posted:

Comments

• PreppySlapCutPreppySlapCut This is just babytown frolics...  6574WRX Points: 253Members Posts: 6,574 Titanium Tees
    Bastain Milled and Slighter would probably be your best bets if you’re looking for a new neck.
    Posted:
    Ping G410+ 9* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD GP-6 (X)
    Ping G 14.5* & 19.5* w/ Tour 80 (X)
    Ping G30 22* w/ Accra Kuchar Proto 85 (X)
    Ping i210 5-PW w/ Aldila RIP 115 (S)
    Ping Glide 2.0 50*, 55*, 60* w/ Aldila RIP 115 (S)
    Scotty Cameron Toolbox
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • JagpilotohioJagpilotohio 45+ inch drivers are evil. Columbus, OH 7270WRX Points: 579Handicap: 1.8Members Posts: 7,270 Titanium Tees
    I’m actually considering doing a zero offset flow neck Scotty 5w myself. I detest single bend shafts but I like the head quite a bit.

Kyle at Bastain milled does these conversions all the time. He as an Instagram account.

https://instagram.com/bastain_milled?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=kflajujfkasb
    Posted:
    9.5* Cobra LTD, Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
    14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
    16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
    19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
    4-7 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X.  
    Ping i210 8 & 9 Proto 125 F5 hardstepped 1x.
    Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, Vokey SM6 60M (61). Wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
    33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
    Srixon Z-star XV
    Jones Trouper Bag
  • egolferegolfer  85WRX Points: 65Members Posts: 85 Fairways

Bastain Milled and Slighter would probably be your best bets if you're looking for a new neck.

Slighter has retired, Bastain does great work. I had him convert a plumbers to a long neck plumbers and it was amzing, just don't expect a quick turn around on craftsmanship.
    Posted:
  • BY#99BY#99  348WRX Points: 38Handicap: 10Members Posts: 348 Greens
    I am glad I stumbled upon this thread. I have an original Mike Method putter that I love the feel and everything about. I just cannot stand a plumbers neck and was ready to sell. If there is an option for a slant or flow neck I would keep. I sent Kyle a note to check in this type of job. I am hoping it can be done and at a reasonable price.
    Posted:
  • JagpilotohioJagpilotohio 45+ inch drivers are evil. Columbus, OH 7270WRX Points: 579Handicap: 1.8Members Posts: 7,270 Titanium Tees
    BY#99 wrote:

I am glad I stumbled upon this thread. I have an original Mike Method putter that I love the feel and everything about. I just cannot stand a plumbers neck and was ready to sell. If there is an option for a slant or flow neck I would keep. I sent Kyle a note to check in this type of job. I am hoping it can be done and at a reasonable price.

That Depends on what “reasonable” means to you. The conversion will cost FAR more than that Nike putter is currently worth.
    Posted:
    9.5* Cobra LTD, Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
    14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
    16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
    19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
    4-7 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X.  
    Ping i210 8 & 9 Proto 125 F5 hardstepped 1x.
    Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, Vokey SM6 60M (61). Wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
    33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
    Srixon Z-star XV
    Jones Trouper Bag
  • semarlorsemarlor Charlotte, NC 898WRX Points: 291Members Posts: 898 Golden Tee

BY#99 wrote:

That Depends on what “reasonable” means to you. The conversion will cost FAR more than that Nike putter is currently worth.

This is 100% correct. I spent more than what I paid for my X5 to add the flow neck...but I love the putter so it was worth it to me.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • MaximilianMaximilian  1491WRX Points: 285Members Posts: 1,491 Platinum Tees
    Peter at the PutterRoom in the UK is fantastic! He does all kinds of modifications at a very reasonable cost and the quality is fantastic! He’s modified two putters for me and I have nothing but praise for him.
    Posted:
  • BY#99BY#99  348WRX Points: 38Handicap: 10Members Posts: 348 Greens
    semarlor wrote:

BY#99 wrote:

This is 100% correct. I spent more than what I paid for my X5 to add the flow neck...but I love the putter so it was worth it to me.

We’ll I do like the putter but not that much to spend a few hundred on.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.