2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Fujikura's new Ventus shafts

GolfWRX_Spotted

Played mine today. Very interesting feel I noted in the fitting. The shaft loads so easy you would think it would be all over the place from a dispersion perspective. I look up and every drive is going straight down the middle. Not an easy shaft for me to turn over but I love that aspect. Something I did enjoy was the shaft was very easy to flight. I needed to hit it high a couple of times to carry a tree on a corner and was able to move it up there. Needed a low shot to keep it out of the wind and flighted it down easily. I have a much harder time controlling the Tensei or ADBB. I have not had the chance to swing weight y club yet but it definitely feels more tip heavy compared to the Tensei Pro white I was using before in the same head and same length. Need to spend time on the range with the shaft to really learn it but I think I have a winner for sure.

Great review

interested in the tip-heavy comment and what would cause that?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played mine today. Very interesting feel I noted in the fitting. The shaft loads so easy you would think it would be all over the place from a dispersion perspective. I look up and every drive is going straight down the middle. Not an easy shaft for me to turn over but I love that aspect. Something I did enjoy was the shaft was very easy to flight. I needed to hit it high a couple of times to carry a tree on a corner and was able to move it up there. Needed a low shot to keep it out of the wind and flighted it down easily. I have a much harder time controlling the Tensei or ADBB. I have not had the chance to swing weight y club yet but it definitely feels more tip heavy compared to the Tensei Pro white I was using before in the same head and same length. Need to spend time on the range with the shaft to really learn it but I think I have a winner for sure.

Great review

interested in the tip-heavy comment and what would cause that?

Well, I just weighed the 2 shafts. Both 70 gram versions, same grip, same length and tip. The Ventus weighed 1 gram less than the Tensei. The swing weights were exactly the same as well. So, I guess my feels were wrong.

Anyone know how the bend profile or butt/mid/tip compares to the Pro 2.0TS? Maybe Fujikura could weight in on this?

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

Anyone know how the bend profile or butt/mid/tip compares to the Pro 2.0TS? Maybe Fujikura could weight in on this?

Just going by the tip and butt measurements online, the Pro 2.0 TS specs out nearly the same as the Ventus (for a 7x). However I think those two shafts are quite different in the middle, the 2.0 is supposed to be really stout for aggressive swings and low launch while the Ventus is designed to load easier in the hands and have a mid or mid low launch.

TSR2 8*, Ventus TR Red 7x

TSi2 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR2 18°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

MP-20 MMC  5-P, DG X100
SM8 50F, 54S, 58M (X7 "spinners")
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

Just going by the tip and butt measurements online, the Pro 2.0 TS specs out nearly the same as the Ventus (for a 7x). However I think those two shafts are quite different in the middle, the 2.0 is supposed to be really stout for aggressive swings and low launch while the Ventus is designed to load easier in the hands and have a mid or mid low launch.

Thanks! I’m looking at the 8X for 3w. So the butt of the 2.0 would be stiffer then? Which is what I like.

No, going by the measurements it looks like the Ventus has the stiffer butt. It's all on Fuji's website- the higher number means the shaft deflected more under the load, so higher numbers are softer and lower numbers are stiffer.

MP-20 MMC  5-P, DG X100
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

No, going by the measurements it looks like the Ventus has the stiffer butt. It's all on Fuji's website- the higher number means the shaft deflected more under the load, so higher numbers are softer and lower numbers are stiffer.

Thanks!

Played again today with the Ventus. Our range is closed on Mondays and was disappointed I couldn't spend time on the range. That's where I need to be. Rain coming in the rest of the week but hope to get out there some. Anyway starting to understand more about the shaft. I'll try to relay what I am feeling and hope it helps. In my hands I have a feeling the shaft loads a ton. Moreso than the Tensei White, Smoke and even AD BB. Those are all shafts I have on hand. Because of this feeling, I have to learn to trust the Ventus a bit more. Normally when I feel this sensation, I think I have to hold in to the shot a bit more so that it does not go left. This is not the case with the Ventus. Full release and she goes dead straight. The problem comes in when I do hold on. Old habits are hard to break. So its more of a mental thing with me. I will be interested to see what others feel when they get the shaft in hand. The biggest positive I see from this shaft is exactly what Fuji is advertising. I have been amazed at the distance I see from mishits. This shaft delivers on off-center hits. When struck out of the middle I am seeing more distance as well. The feel of the shaft is very smooth. I think it feels better than any I have. There isn't anything harsh at all. Overall I am not 100% comfortable with it yet though. It is a timing and trust issue.

Played again today with the Ventus. Our range is closed on Mondays and was disappointed I couldn't spend time on the range. That's where I need to be. Rain coming in the rest of the week but hope to get out there some. Anyway starting to understand more about the shaft. I'll try to relay what I am feeling and hope it helps. In my hands I have a feeling the shaft loads a ton. Moreso than the Tensei White, Smoke and even AD BB. Those are all shafts I have on hand. Because of this feeling, I have to learn to trust the Ventus a bit more. Normally when I feel this sensation, I think I have to hold in to the shot a bit more so that it does not go left. This is not the case with the Ventus. Full release and she goes dead straight. The problem comes in when I do hold on. Old habits are hard to break. So its more of a mental thing with me. I will be interested to see what others feel when they get the shaft in hand. The biggest positive I see from this shaft is exactly what Fuji is advertising. I have been amazed at the distance I see from mishits. This shaft delivers on off-center hits. When struck out of the middle I am seeing more distance as well. The feel of the shaft is very smooth. I think it feels better than any I have. There isn't anything harsh at all. Overall I am not 100% comfortable with it yet though. It is a timing and trust issue.

How's does it compare to your old ATMOS in terms of dispersion?

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Cobra Forged Tec X 5 - PW KBS TGI 85 stiff shafts
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48* & Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

I just left Modern Golf and ended up with the 6 in stiff with the new PXG 10.5. I'm coming from an Epic 10.5 Hzurdus stiff. I hit about 25 balls with the Epic and maxed out at 102.5 mph. I then switched to the new combo and got up to 104.9. What a smooth, perfectly feeling shaft! I ended up with 8-9 extra yards and the look and feel of this combo was second to none. I tried the Epic Flash, TM 6 and Ping G410, but none of these were getting past my own driver. As soon as I hit the first 3-4 balls I new I had my new stick. Stupid expensive, but I'm 57 and not letting anything get in my way of extra yards with great looks and sound.

PXG Gen2 10.5 Ventus 6S
Epic 3 wood 15 degree Hzurdus S
Mizzy CLK hybrid
Mizzy JPX 919 forged
Miura 55 & 59 degree
Evnroll ER6

How's does it compare to your old ATMOS in terms of dispersion?

IMO considerably better. I loved the Atmos and was even fitted into the shaft last fall again at another demo day I attended so I know it is a good fit for me. Even so, I have had 2 playing partners mention in the last 2 rounds I didn't have those wild shots that creep up on me during the round. I still hit some clankers but none were not playable. That is something I did not see with the Atmos.

To me this shaft reminds me of the Attas Coool in what is supposed to do. Anyone else have the same idea? I see a few shafts aming for the stability and feel category now.

[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Driver: Mizuno st180 - Diamana Bf60x[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]3 wood: Callaway rogue sz - GD Tour AD-DI 7x[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Hybrid: Callaway Rogue 19* - GD Tour AD-DI 85x ---Testing Srixon H85 veylix rome 988x[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]2-Iron: PXG 0311x extreme dark - KBS Tour prototype hybrid 95s+[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Irons: Mizuno JPX919 Tour 5-pw - Project x lz 6.5[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Wedges: Mizuno T7 52&58 - KBS Custom Black Wedge shafts[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Putter: Toulon Atlanta Garage All black[/size][/font][/i]

Fuji, looks like the TR and the ventus will both be popular shafts this season. Can you give a quick rundown of the differences between those two and the player type each targets. Thanks

Sure thing. Very different profiles, but both proving popular on tour (fact, not marketing speak).

TR is extremely mid stiff and Very low spin. Thing does not go left (for a righty)!

Ventus has an accelerated handle section for better loading and feel and is very stiff in the tip section. ventus is a mid launch and mid/low spin. For full launch/spin comparisons check this page on our site: https://fujikuragolf.com/knowledgebase/shaft-comparison/

http://fujikuragolf.com http://fujikuragolf.com/dealer-locator

I just left Modern Golf and ended up with the 6 in stiff with the new PXG 10.5. I'm coming from an Epic 10.5 Hzurdus stiff. I hit about 25 balls with the Epic and maxed out at 102.5 mph. I then switched to the new combo and got up to 104.9. What a smooth, perfectly feeling shaft! I ended up with 8-9 extra yards and the look and feel of this combo was second to none. I tried the Epic Flash, TM 6 and Ping G410, but none of these were getting past my own driver. As soon as I hit the first 3-4 balls I new I had my new stick. Stupid expensive, but I'm 57 and not letting anything get in my way of extra yards with great looks and sound.

This is so great to hear!! We're glad Ventus worked out and great to hear how much you value the performance. Thanks for sharing.

http://fujikuragolf.com http://fujikuragolf.com/dealer-locator

Fuji, looks like the TR and the ventus will both be popular shafts this season. Can you give a quick rundown of the differences between those two and the player type each targets. Thanks

Sure thing. Very different profiles, but both proving popular on tour (fact, not marketing speak).

TR is extremely mid stiff and Very low spin. Thing does not go left (for a righty)!

Ventus has an accelerated handle section for better loading and feel and is very stiff in the tip section. ventus is a mid launch and mid/low spin. For full launch/spin comparisons check this page on our site: https://fujikuragolf.com/knowledgebase/shaft-comparison/

How would Fuji describe the difference between the TR and the Speeder Pro TourSpec?

Anti Left has my interest. I love the feel of the Speeder Pro Tour Spec from a fitting. Have not purchased yet.

Ventus has an accelerated handle section for better loading and feel and is very stiff in the tip section. ventus is a mid launch and mid/low spin. For full launch/spin comparisons check this page on our site: https://fujikuragolf...aft-comparison/

Hello

This puts the Evo III as the highest launching of the Evo line.

That vibes with the chart in the 2019 catalog here

https://issuu.com/fujikuragolf/docs/2019-catalog-issuu?e=19406809/67134885

But the chart on the evo V page puts it as the highest launching of the bunch. So....which is the correct graphic?

https://fujikuragolf.com/woods/speeder-evolution-v/

DYING to know if DJ has this in the bag....has anyone seen any live footage from Mexico? They rarely showed him in LA...

There's been a lot of pics/post with Ventus up against his bag for testing

Back with his speeder.

His ventus was a black one that said proto on it. Wouldn’t shock me if it’s the same shaft just painted in the new graphics. Just like his shaft has been since it was a Motore F1 taylormade graphic.

ForTourUseOnly's WITB

Titleist TSR3 9 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60 TX

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 80 TX

Titleist TSR1 20 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Pro Orange 100HY TX

Titleist T200U 2i - 19° w/ Mitsubishi Chemical MMT UT Utility Iron 105 TX

Titleist T150 4i, T100 5i-9i w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey SM9 47F, 51.5F, 56S, 60.05T w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue

Scotty Cameron Fastback TFB-1.5 T22 Tour

My Ventus was delivered today! Paintjob has a nice sheen to it in person, it's not dull by any means.

Waggle test: feels like it's got a ton of life in it. Quite similar to the feel of my 757, which I love. Looking forward to some range time on Sunday.

MP-20 MMC  5-P, DG X100
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

Man. The more I hear about this shaft the more I can’t wait to get my hands on one!

Any companies offering these as a custom build?

The only one that I know of is Ping with the G410 lineup. Visit https://www.golfusamanhattan.com. They have all the company’s current custom shaft offerings.

i wanna try try this shaft as well. heard the Pro orange is very similar

They may be similar in tip stiffness, but aside from that quite different.

The Ventus is traditionally balanced and I would even say it leans towards being tip heavy. The Pro Orange is counterbalanced by design.

MP-20 MMC  5-P, DG X100
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

i wanna try try this shaft as well. heard the Pro orange is very similar

They may be similar in tip stiffness, but aside from that quite different.

The Ventus is traditionally balanced and I would even say it leans towards being tip heavy. The Pro Orange is counterbalanced by design.

Actually they are quite similar. The tip stiffness of the ventus is a hair more and the mid is a hair less than TPO but the balance point is almost identical. I actually had to add 1g strip of lead tape when I put the ventus in at the same length as my TPO so it’s actually a hair more CB than the TPO.

ForTourUseOnly's WITB

Titleist TSR3 9 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60 TX

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 80 TX

Titleist TSR1 20 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Pro Orange 100HY TX

Titleist T200U 2i - 19° w/ Mitsubishi Chemical MMT UT Utility Iron 105 TX

Titleist T150 4i, T100 5i-9i w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey SM9 47F, 51.5F, 56S, 60.05T w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue

Scotty Cameron Fastback TFB-1.5 T22 Tour