2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Colorado WRX 2019

pseudoswede

Now to start finding a cheap driver, fairway, hybrid, and wedges. Not in a hurry, which is nice...but I am pumped about the MPs.

it.

I have a TM SLDR mini driver you can have. It’s 16* so really a 3w they sold for a short bit there. Can tee it up or rip it off the deck.

Also have a few old cg15 or cg16 wedges I’m happy to part with. Will check when I’m home later what the lofts are...

I’ll be down in Denver in the spring sometime.

Whoa! That's awesome. I'll happily take 'em off your hands. I appreciate the offer. Just let me know when you come this way and we'll try to get together.

I went into Golf Galaxy today to see what was on the used club racks and just generally give some of the new drivers out there a go against my Fly-Z. First of all: Holy moly, I can't hit a ball straight with my driver to save my life. It was my best club all season by miles, and in the last few rounds I've played, it's a disaster.

Second, I toyed around with the Cobra One Length hybrids. They're hilarious, and I honestly think I could drop one into my bag to replace my 4 iron with no issue. I was consistently fading the ball about 2 yards and hitting every ball about 214...which is right in my 4 iron wheelhouse. It's actually loads of fun to hit. I've had great experiences playing around with the single length stuff. I think I could easily bag a set of them.

When we walked out of the South Suburban Ice rink at about 11:30 this morning it was sunny and almost 50*. At about 1:15 when we drove past Cherrry Hills it was like a blizzard. I told the Mrs I bet some people got caught out there. It came up so fast.

I was out at Commonground for a 10am tee time on Saturday that had a 40 minute frost delay.

Around hole 3 the sun poked out and was pretty nice outside and course was pretty much empty... until the clouds rolled in and and the wind picked up.

Was finishing 8 going to 9 and decided to rain check for the last 9 holes and i am glad i did!

Was eating lunch and watching the snow come down about 2 hours later, was glad to have gotten 9 holes in though.

On a good note loving my new irons so far, grabbed a set of the Wilson Staff FG Tour V6 raw in 4-G with the KBS $-tapers gave me a much improved ball flight.

Hoping for warmer weather and more golf opportunities!

When we walked out of the South Suburban Ice rink at about 11:30 this morning it was sunny and almost 50*. At about 1:15 when we drove past Cherrry Hills it was like a blizzard. I told the Mrs I bet some people got caught out there. It came up so fast.

I was out at Commonground for a 10am tee time on Saturday that had a 40 minute frost delay.

Around hole 3 the sun poked out and was pretty nice outside and course was pretty much empty... until the clouds rolled in and and the wind picked up.

Was finishing 8 going to 9 and decided to rain check for the last 9 holes and i am glad i did!

Was eating lunch and watching the snow come down about 2 hours later, was glad to have gotten 9 holes in though.

On a good note loving my new irons so far, grabbed a set of the Wilson Staff FG Tour V6 raw in 4-G with the KBS $-tapers gave me a much improved ball flight.

I really want to try the V6. I've heard nothing but great things.

I had a flyer on my car atmreh Expo for the Golfweek AM Tour (I think that’s the one it was). Jacob, is that the one you play?

I'll speak for him. That's the one.

Thanks for the assist there! Yeah, that's the one!

First tournament already less than a month away. March 16th at Todd Creek. Will probably skip it though. That time of year, that course is ALWAYS super super windy. And cold. And it's already a pretty long course. Never score well there.

Yeah, Saturday was crazy.

I went to a skatepark at 10:30am in Aurora. It was sunny, and about 42º. With the sun out, it actually felt great. Then some clouds rolled in and the temps dropped...but still wasn't too bad. Left there around noon. Drove to a Goodwill up the street. Spent a good half hour looking around (found a really cool Avalanche jacket from 14 years ago)...and when I went to leave...it was a damn blizzard. Seriously crept up out of nowhere.

I had a flyer on my car atmreh Expo for the Golfweek AM Tour (I think that’s the one it was). Jacob, is that the one you play?

I'll speak for him. That's the one.

Thanks for the assist there! Yeah, that's the one!

First tournament already less than a month away. March 16th at Todd Creek. Will probably skip it though. That time of year, that course is ALWAYS super super windy. And cold. And it's already a pretty long course. Never score well there.

I still have the flyer in the car and was noticing is the morning. Pretty early for a tournament. I played Tdd Creek for the first time last summer, I really liked it.

It looks like a tournament every other week. I wonder what they would do if you don’t have a current handicap since I’m a “man without a club” now!

Yeah, Saturday was crazy.

I went to a skatepark at 10:30am in Aurora. It was sunny, and about 42º. With the sun out, it actually felt great. Then some clouds rolled in and the temps dropped...but still wasn't too bad. Left there around noon. Drove to a Goodwill up the street. Spent a good half hour looking around (found a really cool Avalanche jacket from 14 years ago)...and when I went to leave...it was a damn blizzard. Seriously crept up out of nowhere.

It was amazing how quickly it started.

(found a really cool Avalanche jacket from 14 years ago)

My youngest daughter and I spent Saturday afternoon in the freezing confines of the Pepsi Center watching my Blues destroy the Avs. :D

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

As of late, who hasn't destroyed the Avs?

To be fair, they did look really good against Winnipeg on Thursday. Saturday's game also could've gone either way had the Avs been able to convert one or two of their chances in the first two periods. Varly prevented it from being a 6-0 loss.

We may as well turn this into a hockey thread with the current forecast.

I just finished watching a video game style affair between the Bruins and Sharks. Bruins blew a 3-0 lead, Thornton had his first hat trick in 8 years at age 39 to take the lead 5-4. Bruins get a questionable goal late in the 3rd and come back to win it in OT despite getting dominated for the last 30 minutes of the game. Man I love hockey.

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

Picked these up because the club hoe in me couldn't help it lol.

I had a set of the C300 forged and loved those as well, the V6 is way more of a players iron but I'm up for the challenge.

Definitely longer for me and a pure shot feels pretty fantastic.

Going to be itching to get out more with only 3 rounds to start the year, not up to my usual count by now and have been thinking about a trip somewhere warmer.

Hoping for warmer weather here soon.

So over the last month or more, I've been in the gym pretty consistently. At this point, I'm trying to get my legs under me for our trip to Whistler, especially when you consider I haven't been on my board in three years. But I'm also training with a focus on golf. Flexibility is something I'm also working on, but I was wondering if there are any of you who have gym routines that are geared towards the golf course at all. Working on strike/swing path is a whole other thing (and a thing I'm trying to find a little time to work on, considering my numbers with a driver are horrendous right now), but I'm trying to implement some stuff into my gym routine that can help give me a chance to put the ball out there just a little bit further.

I've been watching some videos on 18 Strong, but figured I'd ask you guys as well.

Picked these up because the club hoe in me couldn't help it lol.

I had a set of the C300 forged and loved those as well, the V6 is way more of a players iron but I'm up for the challenge.

Definitely longer for me and a pure shot feels pretty fantastic.

Going to be itching to get out more with only 3 rounds to start the year, not up to my usual count by now and have been thinking about a trip somewhere warmer.

Hoping for warmer weather here soon.

A trip to Hawaii sounds amazing. Even Arizona wouldn't be bad. Chilly in the AM, but nice after about 10:00.

So over the last month or more, I've been in the gym pretty consistently. At this point, I'm trying to get my legs under me for our trip to Whistler, especially when you consider I haven't been on my board in three years. But I'm also training with a focus on golf. Flexibility is something I'm also working on, but I was wondering if there are any of you who have gym routines that are geared towards the golf course at all. Working on strike/swing path is a whole other thing (and a thing I'm trying to find a little time to work on, considering my numbers with a driver are horrendous right now), but I'm trying to implement some stuff into my gym routine that can help give me a chance to put the ball out there just a little bit further.

I've been watching some videos on 18 Strong, but figured I'd ask you guys as well.

My company offers free yoga classes three times per week. I had never done it before, and our instructor's teaching method focuses on both core strength (a crazy amount of planking and crunches) and flexibility. I definitely feel more flexible. I look forward to seeing the results whenever I make it to the golf course.

My company offers free yoga classes three times per week. I had never done it before, and our instructor's teaching method focuses on both core strength (a crazy amount of planking and crunches) and flexibility. I definitely feel more flexible. I look forward to seeing the results whenever I make it to the golf course.

So many people swear by yoga. I have a 65 year old friend back home who has fallen in love with it (and he seems to be hitting the ball farther), and my wife is constantly trying to get me to do it with her. There’s very few things I detest doing more than yoga. I just hate it!

So many people swear by yoga. I have a 65 year old friend back home who has fallen in love with it (and he seems to be hitting the ball farther), and my wife is constantly trying to get me to do it with her. There’s very few things I detest doing more than yoga. I just hate it!

I've long wanted to do yoga, but I can't stomach the price for a class, which I would absolutely need to get going in the right ways. I'm also ridiculously inflexible, so yoga does not come easy. But I know a lot of folks who love it, my wife included.

I've long wanted to do yoga, but I can't stomach the price for a class, which I would absolutely need to get going in the right ways. I'm also ridiculously inflexible, so yoga does not come easy. But I know a lot of folks who love it, my wife included.

I’m actually flexible enough to be still be able to make a full backswing, but the legs not so much. But so many of the positions really hurt my knees. 30+ years of basketball have rendered them not very good (I can’t squat down behind the ball to look at the line of a putt).

I’m actually flexible enough to be still be able to make a full backswing, but the legs not so much. But so many of the positions really hurt my knees. 30+ years of basketball have rendered them not very good (I can’t squat down behind the ball to look at the line of a putt).

I'm tight, top to bottom. The ATs I'm with on the road with U.S. Soccer are pretty unanimous in their shock at my inability to stretch myself out. I've been meaning to get on a good plan with them for a long time but haven't done it. I did find this via another thread on the forum. Looks interesting, and I could use some direction in the gym, so I may take the plunge. Some additional stability will go a long way towards me finding the right part of the club face more often. I've got work to do on the range, but if I can pair it with some good work in the gym, I'll hopefully see some benefits on the course. Who knows if I'll see any distance gains, but I personally feel like there's some potential there. And if not, well, at least I'm trying to remain healthy for my family and myself.

Sounds like it's a win either way.

I'm tight, top to bottom. The ATs I'm with on the road with U.S. Soccer are pretty unanimous in their shock at my inability to stretch myself out. I've been meaning to get on a good plan with them for a long time but haven't done it. I did find this via another thread on the forum. Looks interesting, and I could use some direction in the gym, so I may take the plunge. Some additional stability will go a long way towards me finding the right part of the club face more often. I've got work to do on the range, but if I can pair it with some good work in the gym, I'll hopefully see some benefits on the course. Who knows if I'll see any distance gains, but I personally feel like there's some potential there. And if not, well, at least I'm trying to remain healthy for my family and myself.

Sounds like it's a win either way.

Absolutely! I always tell myself I’m going to stretch more. But I never do. I went to gym yesterday to do some treadmill miles and could feel the quads getting tighter as I went. I’m thinking, ok, as soon as you get off this thing go stretch. Instead, straight into the gym to shoot baskets (shooting a basketball is like driving range time for me, therapeutic), then home. Guess I forgot to stretch again! I can remeber back in high school (a loooooong time ago) when I was running track, my mom always down in the infield saying “have you stretched yet”. I always told her, I’ll get to it. I’ve actually been pretty fortunate that my body has held up as well as it has for as little as I’ve done to help it.

Absolutely! I always tell myself I’m going to stretch more. But I never do. I went to gym yesterday to do some treadmill miles and could feel the quads getting tighter as I went. I’m thinking, ok, as soon as you get off this thing go stretch. Instead, straight into the gym to shoot baskets (shooting a basketball is like driving range time for me, therapeutic), then home. Guess I forgot to stretch again! I can remeber back in high school (a loooooong time ago) when I was running track, my mom always down in the infield saying “have you stretched yet”. I always told her, I’ll get to it. I’ve actually been pretty fortunate that my body has held up as well as it has for as little as I’ve done to help it.

We're cut from the same cloth. I logged 5 miles on the treadmill before doing the rest of my workout. I did not stretch, and, to no one's surprise, I was quite tight later in the evening. I'm hoping having some guidance will really help me, because I'm apparently not going to help myself.

I, like you, am lucky I've staved off injury most of my post-teen years. Though I do think I tore (or did serious damage to) my rotator cuff in college and never did anything about it. I went from being able to throw some pretty solid fastballs to basically tossing BP after one pretty heavy session on the tennis court.

I'll let you know if I decide to try this plan out. It's only $25, so I don't have much to lose. I'm starting to realize as inch a little closer to my mid-30s that I need to do better in taking care of my body. This gym thing is a big step for me, which is why I'm trying to do it right.

We're cut from the same cloth. I logged 5 miles on the treadmill before doing the rest of my workout. I did not stretch, and, to no one's surprise, I was quite tight later in the evening. I'm hoping having some guidance will really help me, because I'm apparently not going to help myself.

I, like you, am lucky I've staved off injury most of my post-teen years. Though I do think I tore (or did serious damage to) my rotator cuff in college and never did anything about it. I went from being able to throw some pretty solid fastballs to basically tossing BP after one pretty heavy session on the tennis court.

I'll let you know if I decide to try this plan out. It's only $25, so I don't have much to lose. I'm starting to realize as inch a little closer to my mid-30s that I need to do better in taking care of my body. This gym thing is a big step for me, which is why I'm trying to do it right.

Better late than never!

I’m a lot closer to never than later!

In terms of yoga, my wife bought some app recently for like $30 that takes you through a yoga routine. You can pick what you want to focus on. She loves it. If you guys are interested I'll get the name from her and let you know. That way you can do it at home and you don't have to pay per class.

I actually bought that Drive 400 program, plan on starting next week. Not sure if I'll do all the parts or just the stretching/swing stuff, but I'll decide after reading through it.

I bought it last night as well. I’m going to try to do all parts of it, but the medicine ball stuff seems like it’ll be hard to do at the rec center I work out at. And I don’t have a great space to do the swing speed stuff either. So I’ve got a little figuring to do, but I’m excited about the activation and mobility stuff and a good workout plan.

Flying to Minneapolis in just a moment, but hoping to be able to modify the workouts to work from whatever gym I find myself in when I travel for work.

I look forward to seeing some of you on the golf course this summer.

28271469c61ef49046f85e299bb5de9e.jpg

I'm gonna give that drive 400 program a try too. For $25 what can it hurt?

That was exactly my stance. I've never been excited about the gym. I am right now, which is crazy.

The 400 program is it a one time price or monthly price at $25.00 I assume monthly?

1 time fee as far as I could see. It's just a download of some PDF files that link to videos that are password protected.