2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Taylormade M5 & M6 Woods - Pics added page 46

chadillac65

How are the M5/M6 fairway woods from the deck? How is the turf interaction for those who are able to get outside? Some background, my course has several monster uphill par 5s and lengthy par 4s so my primary use for a 3/4 wood is primarily off the fairway.
I think they’re both pretty easy. I ordered an M5 the other day, hit it a couple times on grass, lots on mats, but I mainly hit 3 wood off the tee. The M6 is definitely easier off the deck, but it is less of a “players club†if you wanna think about it that way. M6 goes higher for sure, and spins a bit more. It feels like it just sweeps the ground and the ball launches really high without much effort. M5 isn’t hard to hit, just have to have more control. M6 is probably better suited for hitting into greens than M5.

I have taken the m5 fairway to the range twice now. For some reason, this thing just hooks like crazy on me. I have it moved all the way over to the fade setting and it still is hooking. I have never struggled with this type of miss and its driving me crazy. the only thing I have left to try is to lower the loft to open up the face i guess. I really don't want to do that, because i feel like it will launch too low but I don't have any other options.

I have taken the m5 fairway to the range twice now. For some reason, this thing just hooks like crazy on me. I have it moved all the way over to the fade setting and it still is hooking. I have never struggled with this type of miss and its driving me crazy. the only thing I have left to try is to lower the loft to open up the face i guess. I really don't want to do that, because i feel like it will launch too low but I don't have any other options.

What shaft?

With the Tm adjustable woods I like to go up in loft then dial it down to my preferred loft (17.5 and open it up to 15 to have the face sit wide open)

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

I hit the m6 line today on track man,the m6 is a super nice fairway. I tested these and the F9 line. About the same for me and Id give the slight edge to F9 line. Just nicer feel personally.

I got on taylormades sight as they are doing the 150% extra trade towards them. That could sway me towards the m6 line. Would not have to worry with headache of selling my old gear on here or the bay. The m6 fairway says 4-22 as ship date. That is custom though. Just seems like a long time for a m6 3 wood and tensei pro orange shaft. Driver shows ship of 2-22. Anyone have info on the late ship times for fairways? Makes me lean towards the F9 line as I could have them and be playing by the 4-22 date taylormade gave me.

What shaft?

With the Tm adjustable woods I like to go up in loft then dial it down to my preferred loft (17.5 and open it up to 15 to have the face sit wide open)

Tensei Blue FW 65 S. .5" tipped and .5" shortened length

Try a heavier shaft. Cured my problems.

WITB

Ping G430 Max 9.0 degree Diamana ZF 60 Stiff

Ping G430 Max 3 wood 15 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Ping G430 Max 5 wood 18 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Mizuno Pro 243  4 - G Modus 120 Stiff

Titleist Vokey SM9  56-14F, 60-10S

Scotty Cameron Super Select Del Mar

Titleist Pro V1 / Pro V1X

What shaft?

The Tensei Blue 65 S is a made for. I would pick up the new pro force v2 which is a free custom option, it is an anti hook mid launch shaft which I have played previously and one of the very few shaft bend profiles of its kind ( see golfworks website and maltby shaft ratings)

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5. @ 45.5”

Driver Shafts: Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX & MCA Kai’Li White 70X

Mizuno ST Max 230 12.0 Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 6.5 @ 45.25”
ON ORDER: Mizuno ST Max 230 15.0 Mitsubishi Rayon Kai’Li Blue 70X

Mizuno STZ 230 Hybrid 19.0 @ 17.0 UST Lin-Q Blue 75 F5

ON ORDER: Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S & 58/4X Nippon Modus Pro 120X

🤔 Titleist Vokey SM9 60 K Grind 

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

What shaft?

The Tensei Blue 65 S is a made for. I would pick up the new pro force v2 which is a free custom option, it is an anti hook mid launch shaft which I have played previously and one of the very few shaft bend profiles of its kind ( see golfworks website and maltby shaft ratings)

That’s what I went with since it was the only non upcharge 80g shaft

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

What shaft?

In x flex by chance? Wondering how that shaft felt? What is it comparable to?

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

I am having the same trouble with my M5 Fairway. I have the Tour AD IZ 70 Stiff tipped 1.5". I have been tinkering with the weight towards the fade setting to see if I can straighten it out. As of now, she's a hooker.

Titleist TSR2 - 8* Ventus Red TR 6X
Titleist TSi2 - 15* - Ventus Red TR 7X
Titleist TSR3 19* Hybrid
Titleist U500 - 4 iron DG TI X-100
Titleist T100 5-9 DG TI X-100
Titleist Vokey SM9 (46*, 52*, 56*, 60*) raw 
Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5

One of my playing partners this weekend had the M5 3W & 5W...3W with Atmos Red Tour Spec and the other I'm not sure. I loved the look of them at address and the sound they made at impact was pretty solid. I may have to test...

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

I am having the same trouble with my M5 Fairway. I have the Tour AD IZ 70 Stiff tipped 1.5". I have been tinkering with the weight towards the fade setting to see if I can straighten it out. As of now, she's a hooker.

The iz shaft is also a soft profile, I’m surprised that you wouldn’t hook the driver wth it as well

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

I went with the proforce V2 8F5. But I haven’t had a chance to hit it yet though

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

I’ve tried the m5 on more than 1 occasion and it hooked on me every time. Tried the m6 14 degree and it was perfect with a slight cut. I did draw the standard m6 though. Give it a try. It’s amazing

2024 WITB: 

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 (@ 9.5) Diamana ZF 60S

TM MINI DRIVER??

Callaway Apex UW 19 deg MMT 70 Stiff

TaylorMade Qi10 Tour Rescue #4 AV Limited Blue 75 Stiff

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5

Vokey SM10 48F, 56M, 60T (@61) DGS200

Odyssey Dual Force Putter

Just put the new M5 driver into play today - 9* loft with weights to the back and the Project X Hzardous Smoke 6.0 70g shaft. My index is 2.6.

I've owned every version of M driver and SLDR with a few R's mixed in for good measure. I thought the 1st gen M1 was the best of the bunch.....until this beast came along. Straight as a string w/ a solid 15-20 yd gain over my M3. Ball jumps off the face and has a slightly muted but solid sound. i haven't really done much yet to tune it in (there's no tuning manual yet on the TM website) but will once i get to FL next week and get some range time with it. My opinion - they got it right with this one. I bought the hype too many times to be honest and admittedly wasn't as thrilled as I wanted to be - but with M5 I can say I am impressed and very satisfied.

Ive tried the m5 on more than 1 occasion and it hooked on me every time. Tried the m6 14 degree and it was perfect with a slight cut. I did draw the standard m6 though. Give it a try. Its amazing

I too found the m5 fairway to be hooky and that's not my miss....m6 was straighter. I ended up bagging the m6 rocket....threw in a hzrdus black 75g 6.5, can take anything I can throw at it now....

I picked up the m5 9.0 degree driver as well and have a few rounds in. Playing it at 7.0 or 7.8, whatever 2 clicks down is... (I play my LST at 7.5 with a diamana DF 70tx) It's a good driver so far for me. I just put in a t1100 (not the EF white) and it shrunk my dispersion and improved spin, getting more yards with it...I am optimistic so far.

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

LOL did you see Rick getting roasted over his juiced up numbers? Those guys are right, now way 162 ball speed gets that kind of carry. I thought Rick Shiels was a respectable source?

I have noticed that the Flightscope optimizer seems to give much more conservative numbers compared to what I have seen in reviews online. For instance, I just plugged in Matt from TXG's F9 review into it. I had to set elevation to 6000 ft to get it to spit out the carry that he had with his launch, ball speed, and spin numbers.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

I’ve tried the m5 on more than 1 occasion and it hooked on me every time. Tried the m6 14 degree and it was perfect with a slight cut. I did draw the standard m6 though. Give it a try. It’s amazing

I too found the m5 fairway to be hooky and that's not my miss....m6 was straighter. I ended up bagging the m6 rocket....threw in a hzrdus black 75g 6.5, can take anything I can throw at it now....

I picked up the m5 9.0 degree driver as well and have a few rounds in. Playing it at 7.0 or 7.8, whatever 2 clicks down is... (I play my LST at 7.5 with a diamana DF 70tx) It's a good driver so far for me. I just put in a t1100 (not the EF white) and it shrunk my dispersion and improved spin, getting more yards with it...I am optimistic so far.

Well darn, I guess I'm going to have to try the M6 Rocket now. Ha!

Titleist TSR2 - 8* Ventus Red TR 6X
Titleist TSi2 - 15* - Ventus Red TR 7X
Titleist TSR3 19* Hybrid
Titleist U500 - 4 iron DG TI X-100
Titleist T100 5-9 DG TI X-100
Titleist Vokey SM9 (46*, 52*, 56*, 60*) raw 
Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5

What shaft?

Also could try the Tensei White 70 X at 79 grams.

LOL did you see Rick getting roasted over his juiced up numbers? Those guys are right, now way 162 ball speed gets that kind of carry. I thought Rick Shiels was a respectable source?

I've wondered this since he started putting up his "range" charts in his reviews - but no one wanted to answer.

I've had a two hour Trackman session every couple weeks this winter. My ballspeed and launch conditions are almost exactly in line with Rick. But I am consistently in the 260-265 carry range. I may get one near 270 but nothing near 285 or 290 *carry* - ever.

I mean with the M5 he said he was averaging 158.3 ball speed and 289 carry?

What?

The M5 is a great head. I like it. Sounds MUCH better than the M3 and feels better too. But to me these numbers are complete garbage and - so far - I've seen nothing to explain them. BTW if someone *can* explain them, I'm all ears. I will listen to any reasonable explanation as to how those numbers look the way they do.

TM Stealth2 10.5* - Ventus TR Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TBD - TM P7MC // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey 46*/50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

I've wondered this since he started putting up his "range" charts in his reviews - but no one wanted to answer.

I've had a two hour Trackman session every couple weeks this winter. My ballspeed and launch conditions are almost exactly in line with Rick. But I am consistently in the 260-265 carry range. I may get one near 270 but nothing near 285 or 290 *carry* - ever.

I mean with the M5 he said he was averaging 158.3 ball speed and 289 carry?

What?

The M5 is a great head. I like it. Sounds MUCH better than the M3 and feels better too. But to me these numbers are complete garbage and - so far - I've seen nothing to explain them. BTW if someone *can* explain them, I'm all ears. I will listen to any reasonable explanation as to how those numbers look the way they do.

Easy explanation, set your launch monitor to an elevation of 7000 feet.

A 160 ball speed should at minimum carry 270 yards. I have found that in real world conditions such as hot humid days, the distance travelled can be farther than 270. We spend so much time obsessing over launch monitors.

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

I commented and my comment got removed.... I think as certainly can't find it.

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

A 160 ball speed should at minimum carry 270 yards. I have found that in real world conditions such as hot humid days, the distance travelled can be farther than 270. We spend so much time obsessing over launch monitors.

Without launch monitors their would be no Rick Shiels. His entire channel is built on "what's longest" click bait.

Which is a far cry from 158 BS giving nearly 290yrds of carry. Foresight's ball flight algorithm gives inflated carry numbers for high launch/low spin shots.