2019 Taylormade Spider X

Mabyboi

Same set up, single line navy bros. There is a lot going on in Spider putters to call them clean but man is that thing clean.

And to all of the talk about the price being to high. Youre damn right it is, but thats the industry standard now with everyone. Remember that Odysseys tech'd out Exo putters are $300, Camerons are $400, Toulons are $450, Ping Vault $300. Then you have $350-400 FAIRWAY WOODS now. Its getting out of hand across ALL brands, not just TM.

I wasn't meaning to single out TM for the price of this putter, I understand its in line with the current market, and didn't mean to derail this thread.

Maybe just trying to talk myself out of forking over the $350 for it, but damn every time I look at the blue one I get closer and closer to thinking its worth it.

If my Mullen wasn't working so well I'd probably already have one.

I do think I'll wait until these are out in use in the wild for a little while to see how the paint holds up, as TM putters are notorious for chipping paint.

Always loved the TM inserts but went away from older AGSI models and never even tried the more recent ones because the finishes didn't hold up very well.

One of the reasons I finally went back to a TM putter was the TP Collection were not painted. If they finally figured out the paint issue that will be a big plus.

New equipment in general has gone off the rails. I was in Golf Galaxy and actually chuckled out loud when I walked past the new callaway sub zero drivers and their $599 price tag. I mean... sheesh.

That's one with the custom paint job on the bottom (extra $70). Normal price is $529

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

Same set up, single line navy bros. There is a lot going on in Spider putters to call them clean but man is that thing clean.

And to all of the talk about the price being to high. Youre damn right it is, but thats the industry standard now with everyone. Remember that Odysseys tech'd out Exo putters are $300, Camerons are $400, Toulons are $450, Ping Vault $300. Then you have $350-400 FAIRWAY WOODS now. Its getting out of hand across ALL brands, not just TM.

I wasn't meaning to single out TM for the price of this putter, I understand its in line with the current market, and didn't mean to derail this thread.

Maybe just trying to talk myself out of forking over the $350 for it, but damn every time I look at the blue one I get closer and closer to thinking its worth it.

I do think I'll wait until these are out in use in the wild for a little while to see how the paint holds up, as TM putters are notorious for chipping paint.

Always loved the TM inserts but went away from older AGSI models and never even tried the more recent ones because the finishes didn't hold up very well.

One of the reasons I finally went back to a TM putter was the TP Collection were not painted. If they finally figured out the paint issue that will be a big plus.

Could not agree more with every word except:

1. I am not making anything with my gamer SC right now.

2. Waiting until they have been in the wild for a little while...I brought a blue one home a few days ago.

But, all previous spiders turned me off due to being bulky to my eye, too soft for slow winter greens in the Midwest, and at least my perception of poor durability for a premium product . Take a look at a SC after a year of play vs a Spider tour after a year and likely the SC will look more like a premium product.

Hoping the X has either a more durable finish or just makes so many putts it does not matter how it looks :-). The brand new blue one looks pretty in the bag at least for now!

Driver- Titleist TsR2 with Graphite Design Tour AD

4w - Titleist Tsi2 with Tensei Raw Blue shaft

19 Hy - Titleist 818 H1 with Atmos Tour Spec

23 Hy - Titleist 818 with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI shaft

5i-PW - Bridgestone J15 CB with Recoil F4 110 shafts

50,54,and 58 Wilson Staff wedges with SF shafts

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

I’m happy with my purchase. Feels better than my old spider black. Sets up so well. I feel like putters 10 feet and in are almost automatic. I laugh at some of these people scoffing at pay 350.00 for a club you’ll use 25 times or more in a round yet drop a ridiculous amount on a new driver with the latest upgraded shaft they may hit at most 12 times

Seemore's are 395$, Scotty's are over 380$, Evnroll's are 360$ and Exo's are 320$.

Spider X's price is not that ridiculous when looking are the other prices, and considering the Spider X is the higher end putter of TaylorMade. I agree with you guys though it's getting a tad high to buy putters.

That’s a good point and I should just pull the trigger. I’ve basically been debating over $50 for the last 72 hours lol.

Titleist TR2 - Graphite design DI

Titleist Tsi2 - 15*

Callaway Apex 20*

Srixon ZX 7 4-PW

Cleveland Zipcore 54* & 58*

Odyssey #7 CH

It's interesting looking at the TM site where you order the spider x (woops guess not the same, "spider tour") with any hosel, color, wing color, length, sight line, grip, lie etc. Every color you can imagine.

Of course getting detailed specifications suggests objective data (fitting session) vs screwing around in pgass - which I could do at the Kingdom for $125. Might be worth it? Anybody done a TM Kingdom putter fitting?

I think the sight lines thing is interesting, like I wrote earlier, impact on alignment vs stroke (two different things). I reread some "quiet eye" academic research and also a study about improved distance control looking at the hole vs ball. I used to defocus my eyes to avoid attention drawn to the lines/putter head back and through.

It's interesting looking at the TM site where you order the spider x (woops guess not the same, "spider tour") with any hosel, color, wing color, length, sight line, grip, lie etc. Every color you can imagine.

Of course getting detailed specifications suggests objective data (fitting session) vs screwing around in pgass - which I could do at the Kingdom for $125. Might be worth it? Anybody done a TM Kingdom putter fitting?

I think the sight lines thing is interesting, like I wrote earlier, impact on alignment vs stroke (two different things). I reread some "quiet eye" academic research and also a study about improved distance control looking at the hole vs ball. I used to defocus my eyes to avoid attention drawn to the lines/putter head back and through.

What? You can custom order the Spider X already? Gotta go!

I didnt mean to come off as attacking you, if it seemed that way. It was more of a rant about the current state of the market. However, I played around with some at the PGA Superstore today and the finish looked great on both. It really looked like it may hold up over the long haul. I agree 100% about the Camerons holding up much better than most and still looking premium.

The point and shoot aspect of these putters are great. I was very impressed with all aspects of how the putter looked, felt, and swung. I think they hit a home run.

WITB:
*Taylormade Stealth+ 8.25, Fujikura Ventus Black S
*Taylormade Stealth 2 3&5
*Titleist T350 4 Iron, T200 5/6, T150 7-pw (bent 1 strong) Modus 120s
*Vokey SM8 Jet Black Limited 52/56/60
*Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2+
*Titleist ProV1x
*Nike hybrid cart bag.

It is 34 degrees with a wind chill of 24 here today.

I just putted for almost 2 hours with the new X...I was the only car at the course LOL.

I spent quite a bit of time on 9 and 18...of course the greens are pretty fuzzy compared to what they will be in a couple of months.

I putted left hand low for the last 40 years and was very average best case on the greens. I am trying to copy Day and this was my first time doing it outside. I am encouraged by both the X and the palm to palm setup.

Driver- Titleist TsR2 with Graphite Design Tour AD

4w - Titleist Tsi2 with Tensei Raw Blue shaft

19 Hy - Titleist 818 H1 with Atmos Tour Spec

23 Hy - Titleist 818 with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI shaft

5i-PW - Bridgestone J15 CB with Recoil F4 110 shafts

50,54,and 58 Wilson Staff wedges with SF shafts

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

Got mine today lefty navy blue singe sight line. Love the putter hate the cover. Probably end up using my spider black cover. 25 6 footers in a row when I went to pick it up. Putter swings itself almost

How do you like the finish? I haven't seen any of them in the sun yet, curious if it keeps that deep navy look in all lighting conditions

Played my first round with it yesterday and there is no glare as it is a matte finish on the navy putter. Rolled the ball really good, just had some issues reading greens yesterday (not the putters fault). Felt very comfortable over the putter and within 10 or so feet felt like the putter swung itself....On longer putts where I used to have issues with the Spider Tour is my distance control sucked this putter really shines.

As for the putter cover it's a real nice pleather exterior and soft interior. Feels premium, I thought it would look hideous in the bag but doesn't look too shabby

post-478200-15503785656207_thumb.jpg

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

I’ve done one at the location in GA but it was a quick session because we had a little extra time after a full bag fitting and didn’t buy a putter fitting. It was eye opening to see the stroke broken down by the camera’s and system they have in there. Also, I’m pretty sure if you buy on site then that $125 goes towards the putter but you should call and confirm that

TSR3 9 | VentusTR Blue 7x

Paradym 3W | S 83tx

Covert 5W | S 103 x

716 MB 4-P | PX 6.5

MG3 52 | S400

MG4 56 | S400

SM8 60 |S400

Phantom 5.5 

Z-star XV

I’ve done one at the location in GA but it was a quick session because we had a little extra time after a full bag fitting and didn’t buy a putter fitting. It was eye opening to see the stroke broken down by the camera’s and system they have in there. Also, I’m pretty sure if you buy on site then that $125 goes towards the putter but you should call and confirm that

Thanks, you would think the $125 could go toward a purchase, but I called and they said no!

Wonder why bigger stores like pgass don't do putter fitting days. Quick ~20 minute sam lab analysis, nominal charge, usable toward purchase within 30 days. Printout of basic recommended specs - length, toe hang, sight line, hosel style, head style, grip type.

Seems like marketing 101 to sell putters, but who knows...

I too was surprised they didn't make a navy in the single bend but I'm also shocked to see a bunch of the old Corsa red top grips on the tour demos, and not available for purchase. I did find one online though and will be swapping mine out when it arrives.

They seemed to have made it, because Martin Hopley of Golf a Lot has one in the pictures in his article. I'm just wondering why they are not releasing it to the general public, it would probably sell has much as all the other variations. Article: http://www.golfalot.com/equipment-reviews/taylormade-spider-x-putter-review-4162.aspx

Also, the grips are actually the grips that were on the Ghost Tour putters. I'm guessing they are popular with the guys on tour.

Thanks, you would think the $125 could go toward a purchase, but I called and they said no!

Wonder why bigger stores like pgass don't do putter fitting days. Quick ~20 minute sam lab analysis, nominal charge, usable toward purchase within 30 days. Printout of basic recommended specs - length, toe hang, sight line, hosel style, head style, grip type.

Seems like marketing 101 to sell putters, but who knows...

That stinks! When I did my full fitting they put the fitting fee as a credit towards the clubs

TSR3 9 | VentusTR Blue 7x

Paradym 3W | S 83tx

Covert 5W | S 103 x

716 MB 4-P | PX 6.5

MG3 52 | S400

MG4 56 | S400

SM8 60 |S400

Phantom 5.5 

Z-star XV

Out for delivery, let’s go fedex.

Titleist TSR2 9 w/Ventus Black 6X
TM BRNR Mini 13.5 w/Ventus TR Blue 7X

Titleist TSI2 18 w/Ventus Black 9X or TM P760 3 w/HZRDUS Black 6.5 105
Artisan FC 4, Artisan HC 5&6, Artisan MB 7-PW (4 TI X100 120, 5-PW TI X100)
Artisan 51,55,60 (51 TI X100; 55,60 TI S400)
Artisan 0117 Slant Neck

I too was surprised they didn't make a navy in the single bend but I'm also shocked to see a bunch of the old Corsa red top grips on the tour demos, and not available for purchase. I did find one online though and will be swapping mine out when it arrives.

Didn't even realize the mix & after reading this I looked at the site. Seemed it a bit strange that the store only had the copper/white in a double bend - now I know.

2 colors and 2 tops in the flange version and the a double bend ONLY in the copper/white.

Bummer. I'm a SBST guy and always felt the flange version "wanted" to twist coming into the impact Zone. Liked the double bend in blue - preferably with the single line on top.

Oh well. :dntknw:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

Putted for a long time today. I'm putting relatively well right now, making a lot of good putts with anything in the ballpark fit-wise (35", moderate toe hang, looks ok).

Fwiw I got about the same results with spider x and the black. I liked the black with t lines. X with straight line was nice. They felt different but both good, no distance control issues with either. Blue and copper Xs both nice.

Personally, if I already had a black I liked, I'd just stick with it. If folks start dumping spider blacks, I might get one used, if something shows up in great shape for half price.

My $40 Yes mallet held its own today vs everything else.

Pardon slightly off topic, I like stroke lab weighting (lighter shaft, heavier head, heavier/counterbalanced grip) a little better. Dropped a lot of putts with marxman s hosel. I own a tuttle flow and will continue extensive testing vs other stroke lab models during the playability period. So many great putters now. Sobering fact is: the more I practice the better I get and the less the putter model matters (assuming a decent fit).

I used to give Taylor Made a ton a s*** because of many different things, non of which was the ability to make a great golf club. They are who they are because they make great golf clubs, this looks like another step in that direction.

Driver: Ping G410 LST 8.5* Mitsubishi Diamana D+ Whiteboard 60X
3w: Ping G400 Tour XStiff
Hybrid: Mizuno CLK 19* Mitsubishi Diamana D+ Whiteboard 80X
2i: Mizuno MP-20 Steelfiber
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-20 AMT X100
50*, 55*, 60*: Mizuno T20 TT Dynamic Gold Tour S400
Putter: Toulon Design Stroke Lab Le Mans

Anyone using this that's gone from the tour red? Any differences feel wise?

Yes, I had the Spider Tour Red #1 "L" Neck.....it is firmer than the Spider Tour Red insert. Not by much. Others have said it feels similar to the Spider Tour Black (DJ Model). Id say it is in between those two. Definitely a pleasant feel at impact though.

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND