2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

MEMBER REVIEWS: Golf Pride ZGRIP ALIGN! Read What Members Are Saying!

We have members testing out the new Golf Pride ZGRIP ALIGN grips! Read below what they are saying about these grips and please feel free to ask any questions you might have. The Testers are....

bu11dog

Lefty28

mumuland

Dsevans8

Stephen1125

sosob34

NDGolfer13

NPVWhiz

woods991

YoYoJumbo

Thank you to Golf Pride for putting on this review thread!

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

Congrats to winners. I can’t wait to hear what y’all have to say!

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

Got mine today! They are pretty sweet looking. Red accents on the front to match the Align on the back. I'll be popping these one my Driver, 3 wood, and hybrid Saturday and trying them out on Sunday. I use these on a few of my wedges (non-align) so I'll be able to give thoughts align vs nonalign. I'll post my thoughts Sunday / Monday.

YUtBFtrl.jpg

Ah, the joy of a package on the doorstep.

Update Feb 28. I’m getting there! I have the grips installed but have just been waylaid by weather and life here in the Midwest.

My first impressions are that the compound is going to be very appealing to me. Stay tuned for some pics and comparisons to some of Golf Prides best grips from over the years courtesy of my basement, as well as I good bit of micrometer based comparisons on taper and taper rate in light of the particulars of the installs I’ve done.

I got the grips in the mail yesterday. Tonight I installed them onto my Driver, 7 iron and sand wedge. It's been raining here for about 2 weeks and will hopefully stop this coming week. I'll at the very least get a range session in this coming week and hopefully a round or two. I currently have several different grips on my clubs. I am using primarily Golf Pride MCC+4 midsize and also have Golf Pride MCC midsize, superstroke TX1, lamkin sonar, lamkin TS1.

Initial Impressions;

These grips feel fantastic! They are VERY firm and grippy. The align feature is just pronounced enough to notice but not enough to be annoying. I feel like I could easily open or close the club face to shape shots without the align tech being in the way.

*UPDATE*

I got some range time in with the grips today. WOW, they are fantastic. They look awesome and I really love the feel of these grips. They give me 100% confidence that the club will not rotate in my hands. The align tech also gives me reassurance that the face is square. It's also really cool to be able to feel the face position during the swing. If I pause at the top or halfway back while working on positioning I know exactly where the face is just feeling the align stripe. I had never tried the Z-cord grips or an align grip before this. I'm very happy I was selected for this because this is now my grip of choice. I don't think I will even wait for my current grips to wear out. I will be ordering enough of these when they are released to put them on the rest of my clubs.

I agree with the posters below that these grips are slightly firmer than the MCCs and a good bit firmer than the MCC+4s. The Z-cord pattern really feels good. When I put my hands on the club it's like they are locked in place. If you prefer a firmer grip I would highly suggest you try these out.

*UPDATE #2*

Played 18 holes today with an hour of range and warm up before that. I can only reiterate that these grips are fantastic. Everytime I grab one out of the bag I get a smirk on my face. The feel, feedback and looks of the grip are unbeatable by any other grip I have tried. I have them installed on my driver, 7 iron and sand wedge.

Installing;

I install all my own grips using an air compressor. I do not normally need any kind of solvent and the air compressor blows pretty much all grips on easily. Most of the time I just put masking tape on the shaft and don't use sticky tape. I am a tinkerer and change grips frequently in search of....well, in search on nothing. I just like to try new stuff, nothing stays the same for long!.

These grips were very difficult to install using air with no solvent. They say 60rnd on the butt but it's like the internal diameter was much smaller than that. I had to push hard even at full PSI with my compressor and even then I could not get them to go all the way on without being bunched up slightly from their "relaxed" length. The first two grips I put on with only air, the third grip I finally broke down and used some solvent. Once I put the solvent in the grip and on the shaft the grip went on much easier. I also found it easier to put the club in my clamp upside down and use the "align" strip to set the grip on properly.

b31ed200ee8ff07556cf0682a47b0715.jpg828b63223b79583a841c7eb1738a8909.jpg309e126ea666ef24dabb5b3a199cd2fe.jpg

Tossed two of them on my hybrid and 3 wood. Waiting for a new driver shaft and will put the third on that. I chose these 3 for the align because i tend to not do anything fancy with these clubs, except the occasional pull hook.

First: I put them on the old fashioned way. Tossed the shaft in a clamp upside down, a ton of solvent to make sure I got it correct, and used the align to get it on straight. I have to say I was super nervous about messing it up since its sort of a one shot deal. Went on easy enough and really stayed straight. Not difficult at all.

Second: They look FANTASTIC, and I'm not one to be above what a grip looks like. :)

Third: The align feature is pretty much spot on. Not too massive and just subtle enough where you can actually feel it. I think Golf Pride has a winner here. The grip itself is the same ol trust Zcord. Tacky, cordy, and pretty.

If it ever stops raining here I'll get out on the course to try it out (hopefully Tuesday) but I'm already impressed and want to buy some more align grips for my other clubs even before hitting them.

oguGp6Vl.jpg

t12z2SPl.jpg

dzLwnoNl.jpg

I received grips last Thursday. I was able install them Sunday. I installed on my driver, sand wedge, and lob wedge. These are generally the clubs I use most during the round. The grips look really nice. They are tacky and firm. The align is noticeable in the hand, but I actually thought it would be more pronounced. Very subtle, just enough to know it’s there.

Today was a balmy 44* in northern Missouri. I was able to to get out and play a few holes. Played more with the wedges from 100 yards and in. I like the feel and firmness of the grip. I could feel the Align technology throughout the swing. Upon gripping the club you can feel where the fingers of each hand need to be. I can’t really say if I was squaring the clubs any better. I have not been able to play since November because of Missouri’s fine winter weather, so the swing is a little rusty. I can say the looks and feel are great. I will update when I have a chance to play steadily for a couple weeks.

Have never tried the ZGrip, can anyone comment on how firm they are compared to MCC.

I have primarily played the MC, but switched to the plus fours last year. I'll comment after I've had a chance to hit some with them...hopefully tomorrow. Got them installed today. I was going to do it myself, but decided to take them to Continental Golf to be 100% sure they were lined up correctly.

Still raining in ol North Carolina. I was able to go out after work and hit some tee shots with my 3 wood and hybrid.

First off these grips feel exactly the same as the regular Z-grips, which is what I honestly wanted to test. I like that they are firm, tacky and cordy. I was hoping that adding the align didnt ruin that and it absolutely did not. The align is there but not too pronounced that it would stop me from weakening or strengthening my grip. That being said, I have a tendency to get a super strong grip during rounds. This helped me get my right hand into a normal position and I did something I havent done in years....HIT A FADE with my 3 wood! I'm so excited.

The only issue I see with this is that everyone has a different eye, so I would recommend either being there when someone puts them on your clubs or doing them yourself. I can look down at a club and if its slightly open it may look square to me, where as you may see it as being extremely open and would want the align feature configured slightly differently.

I can see how if you are someone who, like me, has trouble keeping your hands consistent then these would help tremendously. I'll be putting them on my irons as well. If you do not need help aligning your hands I still highly recommend the Z grips. I use the normal on my wedges now and will likely use them until I cant hold onto a club any longer.

Please ask any questions you may have! I'll keep updating you all on my power fades. I'm pretty excited about them. :)

Since I didn’t get out this morning due to the rain, I thought I’d give my early impressions.

Before they were on the club, I didn’t really think much about the align strip. I couldn’t really feel the strip until it was actually on the club. Once on the club, it feels to me like a slightly exaggerated ribbed grip. I haven’t used a ribbed grip in years, so it might be interesting to hear what someone who has thinks.

Like YoYoJumbo, my grip tends to be a little on the strong side. I probably do get stronger off and on through the round.

Since I only play sparingly, I find that the first several range sessions after a lay-off are spent trying to get all my feel and tempo back. I haven’t played since my golf trip in January so I’m very much looking forward to trying these out to see if they help with some of that feel part.

For anyone who cares, I installed them on my driver, 7 iron and wedge.

Quick review Sans Pics as I am traveling for work. I received my grips early this week and gripped a Driver, 7 Iron and a wedge. They are nice and firm but not rough (I dont wear a glove). To me they give great feedback of the club. The align seems to work well but I haven't had a lot of range time and its winter in Indiana. I will play sim golf next week and post a full review but the job won this week.

All Clubs subject to change relative to my last bad round of golf......

We had a break in the rain on Thursday, so I went out long enough to hit a few balls and test out the grips. Below are a few pictures for comparison (with no feet).

I really do like the look and feel. The zgrips just look cool to me and they always have. They're really soft, but still tacky enough that I didn't have to worry about the club turning. Of course they're new grips...so I'd be really concerned if that was an issue anyway. This grip feels like it is as soft as the tour velvet, but has more tack and would be more durable than the tour velvet. It's definitely softer than the MC and the plus fours.

The more swings I took, the less I noticed the align ribbing. There was definitely a noticeable difference in the way my right hand felt after having played the plus fours for so long. It wasn't anything good or bad, just different because I was used to the build up of the plus fours. That was probably the hardest part for me to get used to.

I didn't see any improvement in performance. Unfortunately, my miss is typically left to left. I still managed to flip a few over with the aligns, but I didn't expect them to work miracles. :)

My, still somewhat early, impression after a single range session...I'm not 100% convinced I like them more than the MC or the plus fours. Don't get me wrong, I do like them quite a bit...especially how they look. I'll probably move them to my wedges to see how they hold up over some time. I did like the align ribbing more than I expected even though I noticed it less as I swung more, but I feel pretty partial to the plus fours. I'll probably regrip the rest of my set with the plus four aligns for this season.

It's supposed to rain a little more this week. I may go out to see how these hold up in the rain.

I'll be interested to hear what others think.

Driver zgrip

Plus four 6 iron and zgrip align 7 iron:

Plus 9 iron and zgrip align pitching wedge:

It's supposed to rain a little more this week. I may go out to see how these hold up in the rain in comparison to the plus fours.

Quick little review... So finally got out this weekend to try out the grips (sorry no photos at this time)... First off I really like the way these things look. The Z grip with the red accents is sharp looking, and based on looks alone I would be more than happy to put them on all my clubs. I have played the traditional ALIGN grips, and the MC and MC+4 grips in the past. I really have remained loyal to golf pride grips, they just seem to be a very high quality and deliver everything that I'm looking for in a grip. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the ALIGN ribbing on the back of the grip, my understanding is it is supposed to offer some feedback during the swing as far as face position and what not. It is not a cure for a bad swing, although I wish it were. After the first couple of swings I didn't even notice that the ALIGN technology was even there, not sure if that's good or bad. I love the original Z cord grip, so it's not really a surprise that I really enjoyed these too. I felt like the grip was nice and firm and offered me great feedback. I know it can be difficult to try something different, but if you like the Z cord you will probably like this too. The only club that I had mixed feeling with was on the lob wedge, sometimes I lay it open and that means the align is no longer underneath the grip but on the side. Minor issue. Other than that I have no real complaints. I will hopefully get some more testing in this week and update with pictures here soon. Let me know if you have any questions and I will do my best to get back to you ASAP.

I’ve got some clubs gripped and had a chance to hit some balls this weekend at my friendly local Miles of Golf. I’ve made some caliper taper measurements for those of you who like that kind of stuff and will post some subjective comments and objective observations here shortly. And some tasty old Mizuno legendary iron pics to boot.

Picture and review time. As its winter here in Indiana I haven't had the opportunity to get out on the course but have played on the simulator. These grips are really nice. I play with no glove and while these are firm there is not real problem for me playing with no glove. The grips are firm but not overly and they are responsive. I also think the align aid helps but its not a problem to open op the lob wedge that I put one of the grips on. I can't speak to the playability in wet wether but I was able to spray one of the grips while I was playing and it didn't get slick at all. Overall I think if you liked the original ZGrip you will like these. If you haven't played the Z you should give these a try I think they are really nice. They may go on my irons when my current grips reach the end of their life which I hope is before mid summer.

Please feel free to ask any questions.

All Clubs subject to change relative to my last bad round of golf......

I’ve always found zgrip’s to have great traction but never thought they felt tacky. Is there something different about these?

ZGRIP's are certainly not tacky grips by any means but from what I know the ZGRIP ALIGN has slightly more tack and maybe slightly less rough cord texture than the classic ZGRIP.

Yeah, to me they're between the tour velvet and the MCC. They're probably closer to the tour velvet than the MCC, though. Definitely tackier than the velvets imho.

I’ve got some clubs gripped and had a chance to hit some balls this weekend at my friendly local Miles of Golf. I’ve made some caliper taper measurements for those of you who like that kind of stuff and will post some subjective comments and objective observations here shortly. And some tasty old Mizuno legendary iron pics to boot.

I have Calipered the reg zcords in the past , found them slightly smaller. Interested in your findings.

Thx

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

• 2 weeks later...

I'm late to this review.  I was one of the lucky winners to get some sample zgrip align grips.  I just recently installed one on my driver.  As a background,  I have been playing the MCC+4 align grips.  I have nothing but good things to say about the MCC+4 aligns.  It allows me to place the club in my hands consistently.  As for the zgrip, it is a sharp looking grip.  The feel of the grip is firm and tacky.  The ribbed feeling is very subtle.  In my opinion, it's not enough.  This would be my only complaint about it.  At times, it felt like I was holding a round grip and not the ribbed aligned.  The rib in the MCC+4 protrudes more.  As mentioned, I am a fan of the ribbed aligned feel and I don't get that feel with the zgrip.  I may try this on a wedge since it will give me a slight reminder on full shots but won't affect the feeling in the hands when opening the face to play different shots around the green.  I'll continue to test this grip but at this point I am preferring the MCC+4 align grips.

Sorry no pics at this point.  Need to figure out how to load pictures in this new forum format.

• Like 1