Vice golf balls

Comments

• Break81Break81 Broke80 Members Posts: 2,022 ✭✭
    BY#99 wrote:
    I have played and they are decent. However, they are more expensive and you need to buy 5 dozen minimum to get in the ballpark of other direct companies. As stated above, they do seem to lack the innovation and design like a Snell has for a cheaper price. Overall ball is decent but I would go with Snell for me. If I want the cheap I go with Cut for the overal value. To me Vice would be a 3rd if the group. Your results may vary.

Vice has yellow and red offerings Snell and Cut do not have. That being said as you mentioned , you must 5 dozen to get down to $27 and you can get previous model Srixons for $30 or less so hard to justify the Vice unless it simply outperforms for your game.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
    Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
    Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
    EVNROLL ER5
    Srixon XV - Yellow
  • BY#99BY#99 Members Posts: 321 ✭✭
    Break81 wrote:

BY#99 wrote:
    I have played and they are decent. However, they are more expensive and you need to buy 5 dozen minimum to get in the ballpark of other direct companies. As stated above, they do seem to lack the innovation and design like a Snell has for a cheaper price. Overall ball is decent but I would go with Snell for me. If I want the cheap I go with Cut for the overal value. To me Vice would be a 3rd if the group. Your results may vary.

Vice has yellow and red offerings Snell and Cut do not have. That being said as you mentioned , you must 5 dozen to get down to $27 and you can get previous model Srixons for $30 or less so hard to justify the Vice unless it simply outperforms for your game.

That is somewhat true as Vice has more color offerings. Snell does have a yellow offering for their MTB Red and rumored to be coming out in the black this year.
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members Posts: 6,544 ✭✭
    I like vice more for their hats. especially the one offs they run periodically through out the year.
    Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero 3D 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus 7X
    Fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
    3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP18MMC FLIHI
    5-9 IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 48, 53, 58, 64
    PUTTER; Directed Force 2.1
    BALL; various, ask me that day.
  • StanksStanks Everything I post is confrontational Members Posts: 1,243 ✭✭
    Decent but very very easy to scuff and cut.
  • jacobEDGEjacobEDGE Members Posts: 1,995 ✭✭
    Just got my annual batch of custom balls the other day. I usually order 4-5 dozen with a custom logo on the side.

This year, they removed the option to put a logo on the Neon colors, which are what I prefer playing. So I only got 2 dozen white balls with a design on them. When those run out, hopefully they will have the option for custom Neon as well. If not, might order some blank Neons.
  • jacobEDGEjacobEDGE Members Posts: 1,995 ✭✭
    BY#99 wrote:

I've tried Snell and Cut, and haven't liked either.

The Vice Pro feels like a ProV to me. And even when I don't buy 5 dozen, and get a custom logo, they still come out to be cheaper than ProV's.
  • I normally play the TP5 or Bridgestone B330. I was having trouble seeing white and yellow balls in the dead winter grass. Vice was the only high level ball I could find in a red/pink and I was very surprised with the play. LOVED them and could spot them very easily. Can get mint used on ebay for $1 ball shipped.
    Taylormade M3 Driver
    Taylormade M3 3 Wood
    Taylormade M3 3 Hybrid
    Taylormade Tour Preferred CB Irons (4-AW)
    Taylormade Mill Grind 56
    Taylormade Hi Toe 60
    Taylormade Black Tour Spider Putter
  • DoublebuckDoublebuck Doublebuck Members Posts: 1,152 ✭✭
    Odd, but I don't want to play a ball some guy named after himself. Maybe if the Snell ball was called Antonio Guiseppe Bardinelli at least that would be good for alignment. Vice I like, Cut maybe as well I'll have to play them to check. In all of this, I like Frank. Wilson Pro Duo may be the best and I believe in Frank. He didn't call it Frank Soft and I like that and that puts him ahead as far as naming is concerned vs Snell. So I'm going to test some Vice and some Cut but I think the Duo Pro (aka Frank Soft) is going to win. Another thought...if I personalize a Snell ball, how personal is that? Some guy already put his name on it.
  • Break81Break81 Broke80 Members Posts: 2,022 ✭✭
    Doublebuck wrote:

Odd, but I don't want to play a ball some guy named after himself. Maybe if the Snell ball was called Antonio Guiseppe Bardinelli at least that would be good for alignment. Vice I like, Cut maybe as well I'll have to play them to check. In all of this, I like Frank. Wilson Pro Duo may be the best and I believe in Frank. He didn't call it Frank Soft and I like that and that puts him ahead as far as naming is concerned vs Snell. So I'm going to test some Vice and some Cut but I think the Duo Pro (aka Frank Soft) is going to win. Another thought...if I personalize a Snell ball, how personal is that? Some guy already put his name on it.

Well I guess you can never play a Scotty Cameron Putter then?
    Cobra F7+ - Stiff
    Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
    Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
    EVNROLL ER5
    Srixon XV - Yellow
  • Stuart_GStuart_G New HampshireMembers Posts: 23,086 ✭✭
    edited Feb 14, 2019 4:11am #221
    Stanks wrote:

I haven't tried them outdoors yet, but i have noticed that inside, the projection screen scuffs them up a LOT more than some other balls I've been using (including a Snell).

Other than that, they seem like a good ball, especially for the price.
    Stuart G. wrote:

Stanks wrote:

I haven't tried them outdoors yet, but i have noticed that inside, the projection screen scuffs them up a LOT more than some other balls I've been using (including a Snell).

There are many reasons for their “fragility” but, environment is only half the battle. Your equipment, AoA, and swing in general can cause even the best golf balls to show wear and scuff
  • Stuart_GStuart_G New HampshireMembers Posts: 23,086 ✭✭
    Stanks wrote:

Stuart G. wrote:

Stanks wrote:

There are many reasons for their "fragility" but, environment is only half the battle. Your equipment, AoA, and swing in general can cause even the best golf balls to show wear and scuff

Certainly very true. But I was only referring to comparisons of how different balls handle the exact same environment, same equipment, and same swing.
  • Beerman79Beerman79 Members Posts: 30 ✭✭
    I strongly recommend these balls for the price and performance. I play the Vice Tours and really enjoy how they perform. My buddy plays the pro and he couldn’t be happier with them. Thinking about trying these pro soft this year. But couldn’t find anything negative about these balls or the company
  • bigmoneypbigmoneyp MichiganMembers Posts: 3,266 ✭✭
    Doublebuck wrote:

Better stay away from those Callaways as well!
    Don’t mention Snell! That guy is a genius. I’ll play his products any day.
  • GSDriverGSDriver Members Posts: 597 ✭✭
    I received my Pro Soft Lime for the GolfWrx testing, and received my 6 dozen for price of 5 Vice Pro lime today.

Forecast for Sunday is decent for golf, so will be doing some on-course testing Sunday.

Looking forward to comparing with my usual gamer, 2018 Chrome Soft. It's still too cold to play CS-X, which I use when TX summer arrives.
    Epic Speeder 661
    Rogue 4 Wood Evenflow 75 Blue
    Epic Hybrids 3/4/5
    Apex Pro 6-P Recoil 110 F4
    MD Slate Forged 52
    PM Grind 56/60
    Odyssey 7S
    All grips except putter are Iomic Sticky 2.3
  • DoublebuckDoublebuck Doublebuck Members Posts: 1,152 ✭✭
    bigmoneyp wrote:

Doublebuck wrote:

bigmoneyp wrote:

Doublebuck wrote:

I do. He has passed though but still. Hardest thing was not playing the Hogan balls.
  • mark98camark98ca Members Posts: 865 ✭✭
    just order the tour model.. i had a code in the golf digest hot list for a free dozen..86 shipped for 6 dozen

the code is GD19PLUS
    WITB:

Callaway Rogue draw T800 6.0
    Callaway Rogue 15 deg even flow 65/stiff
    Callaway  apex 20 deg stiff
    Callaway Steelhead XR 5-pw stiff
    Vokey SM4 48
    Callaway MD3 54-60
    Scotty Cameron del Mar
    Scotty Cameron Monterey 1.5
    Callaway Org 14
  • hwturner17hwturner17 Members Posts: 324 ✭✭
    Stanks wrote:

Don't mention Snell! That guy is a genius. I'll play his products any day.

He's a great contributor to this site as well. Very informative and responsive
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus
    FW: Ping Anser 4 wood
    Irons: Ping i210 4-U
    Wedges: 54/58 MD Forged
    Putter: Odyssey #7

Ball: revolving door
    hwturner17 wrote:

Stanks wrote:

Don't mention Snell! That guy is a genius. I'll play his products any day.

He's a great contributor to this site as well. Very informative and responsive

Yes he is. Dean doesn't need to contribute to GolfWRX but, he does so monetarily, if I'm not mistaken, and, he addresses his brand in the smartest of ways. There are reps from almost every company on this website. That is quite obvious. But, the big wig, top level guys don't put their 2 cents on here. Dean does. And it's appreciated. He supports questions, addresses his brand, advertises his product and gives a lot of insight to the industry.
  • JustmuckitJustmuckit Members Posts: 1,420 ✭✭
    Saw an Instagram post from Vice that claims they are updating the website to allow mix/match orders while getting the bulk price.

About time.
  • shoot4parshoot4par Life's A Course 412ClubWRX Posts: 142 ClubWRX
    edited Feb 20, 2019 8:34pm #233
    Been playing the Vice Pro+ since Christmas (got a few dozen as a present) and its been surprisingly comparable to a 1x which has been the go to for years. The price point is attractive and so far with limited action I'm not disappointed. Good feel around the greens and checks well on a variety of shots. Also feels great off the putter. Hope this helps and best wishes.
    Jones did it with corn whiskey. Hogan with cigarettes & Tiger with will.
    If you were wondering the secrets in the dirt.

WITB
    Driver: Callaway XR Pro 9* (N/S) Oban Kiyoshi Black 65g 04 (Iomic White .60)
    Callaway Epic Subzero 9* (N/S) (TC) Kiyoshi White 65g 04 Kiyoshi White  (Iomic White .60)
    Fairway Wood: Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro Limited 16.5* Kiyoshi White 75g 04 (Iomic White .60)
    Hybrid: CB Pro U 19* Kuro Kage 90s. (Iomic White .60)
    Irons: Miura 1957 Baby Blades 4-PW KBS TOUR 120s Black standard loft / standard lie (Iomic White .60)
    Wedges: Vokey Wedgeworks 52*, 56*, 60* Soon to have KBS Matte Black 120s (Iomic White .60)
    Putter: Odyssey Metal X Milled #9

WITB
  • Nic1972Nic1972 Members Posts: 703 ✭✭
    It seems that you can now mix and match the models and colors and always get the discount, as if you order only one model/color.
    Driver: Nike Covert Pro 2.0 / Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Ltd 60 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    Mini-Driver: Callaway X2Hot 2-Deep / Aldila Tour Green ATX75 3.7 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    3-Wood: Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 TP / Matrix Ozik Rul 80 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    DI: Adams DHY Pro (18') / Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 82H S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black /White
    Hybrids: Titleist 585H (21°); Adams 9031 Pro (24°) / Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 82H S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    Irons: Mizuno MP H-5 (4 Iron); Mizuno MP 4 (5 - PW) / Mitsubishi OT-I 105 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    Wedges: Vokey SM 7 (50F08, 54M08, 58L04) / Project X LZ 6.0 / Golf Pride MCC Align Black /White
    Putter: Yes Callie & Scotty Cameron California Fastback / UST Mamiya Frequency Filtered / Golf Pride Tour SNSR 104 Pistol
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1X
    Apparel: Nike
    Glove: Nike Tour Classic
    Shoes: Nike Lunar Command 2
    Bag: Nike
  • thejuicethejuice Members Posts: 2,066 ✭✭
    Nic1972 wrote:

It seems that you can now mix and match the models and colors and always get the discount, as if you order only one model/color.

They announced that option was coming soon. Is it available now?
    TaylorMade M3 w/HZRDUS Yellow stiff
    TaylorMade M4 Tour 3 wood w/HZRDUS Red stiff
    TaylorMade M3 2 hybrid (set to 19*) w/HZRDUS Black stiff
    Srixon U65 4i Miyazaki Stiff
    Srixon 765 5-PW Modus 120 Stiff
    Cleveland RTX 3.0 50*, 54*, and 58* KBS 61
    TaylorMade Spider Black

Gameball: Vice Pro Plus, Srixon Q Star Tour
  • JNY88JNY88 Members Posts: 7
    Yes the Mix & March option is now available

*Match
  • mark98ca wrote:

Anyone palyed them.. are they good ?

I currently play the Pro Plus. So far, it performs similarly to the ProV1 X. Durable. Free customization when I ordered them so I got my business logo on them.
  • teedub21teedub21 Members Posts: 100 ✭✭
    JNY88 wrote:

Yes the Mix & March option is now available

*Match

Of course, just weeks after getting my latest batch. So silly they wouldn't allow this in the past. I usually go in with a buddy and he prefers the white while I like the Orange Pro's. Had to order 5 boxes of all white this go around.
  • jkim27jkim27 Members Posts: 38 ✭✭
    I played the Pro for a while trying to see what all the hype is about. I will say that the Vice balls are probably the best bang for your buck in terms of feel, distance and durability (they last forever). BUT - no way do they compare to ProV. ProV is absolutely softer, better greenside spin and distance.
  • GSDriverGSDriver Members Posts: 597 ✭✭
    I find the Vice balls better than pro V1s, so guess it depends on perceptions. I don't usually play Pro V1, but when I find nice ones I keep them and hit now and then.
    Epic Speeder 661
    Rogue 4 Wood Evenflow 75 Blue
    Epic Hybrids 3/4/5
    Apex Pro 6-P Recoil 110 F4
    MD Slate Forged 52
    PM Grind 56/60
    Odyssey 7S
    All grips except putter are Iomic Sticky 2.3
  • LundieJTLundieJT Members Posts: 128 ✭✭
    Love the Vice Pro's. First ordered back in 2015 and continue to play them as my main ball. Last year I switched it up and played the Vice Pro Soft. Still a great ball, but I prefer the Vice Pro's over the Softs. Got my order for this year a month ago.