MEMBER REVIEWS: Golf Pride TOUR SNSR Contour Pro! Read What Members Are Saying!

The new Golf Pride TOUR SNSR Contour Pro is in the hands of GolfWRX members and they are putting it through the paces. Take a look at what they are saying about the new grips and please feel free to ask any questions you might have on them! The testers are...

BlackM00Nlight

snafu34

Yosef

oldhamer25

balladm

zp13

N2N2

Svang5

Kylekoz17

Banker

RobYakes

Milez28

Stanks

gprubes

mspeedpika

erock9174

tocino

homergolf

TinkerGolfMan

stryper

Thank you to Golf Pride for putting on this testing!

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

place holder

Thanks again for the opportunity!!

Titleist TSi2 9° - Mitsubishi Tensei White 60 X

Ping G400 14.5° - Matrix Black tie 7M3 SG

Ping G400 17.5° - Aldila HM-40 Tour Gold Tour 95 S

Titleist 818 H1 22° - Aldila NV 95 X

Callaway Rogue Pro 4-PW - True Temper XP 95 ST15 S300 (Black)

Vanilla Wedge 50°, 55°, & 60° - KBS 610 Wedge S

Scotty Cameron Golo s5 34"

Member of #teamjetspeed - December 2013

The Iowa weather finally allowed me to get into Golf Galaxy and install the grip. Unfortunately, I won’t get to on course reviews for another month yet but I rolled it all night on my putting green in the house. My gamer is a Nike Origin B1-01 with the stock Lamkin Deep Etched Nike grip.

Personal history: I always played stock grips growing up. I simply did not know any better! After the years in the military and finding my game back, I realized that since I have large hands (I’m 6’4” and like XXL gloves but can play in XL since they are hard to come by) the larger the grip the quieter my wrists! So, without hesitation I went and put a SS Fatso 5.0 on my 2012 Scotty Golo and I struggled to get the grip to even fit into my bag at the time... Needless to say, the grip may have been too big. I rolled that rock for some time until I landed upon the O-Works 2 ball Fang Tank a few years back. Back to stock grips again.. after struggling with distance control I went to a smaller blade putter, my Nike, and man, I have had ups and downs with the putter. When I’m rolling it, it’s awesome and my lag putting has improved overall. When I’m not, I feel that it tends to be my hand position that gets all out of whack and I struggle to find that consistent grip with the smaller stock grip. I’m right handed and grip right hand low, overlapping my right pinky onto the back of my left hand fingers while my right thumb overlaps the left thumb. So, in true GolfWRX fashion, I bought another Origin model only a mid slant neck and put the Tour Sensor Straight 140cc on it. I loved the feel of the grip but preferred the Tour Contour except the colors were not for me so I tried the straight grip. I just couldn’t get along with the straight grip and the slant neck so I sold both putters and rolled the Evnroll ER 2 and couldn’t stand the feel. Went back to the Nike Origin B1-01 stock and was at least happy with the looks and feel again. Fast forward another year and I have this grip on my gamer at last!

Initial Impressions: The feel is soft. Coming from the Lamkin Deep Etched, this is rather soft. The rubber on my old grip almost had a sheen to it and was slicker than when I bought it new. I enjoy this feel though. And the Contour Pro is heavier. The shape is what attracted me above all else though. I love how the paddle type grip sits in my hands. The larger size fills my grip naturally and I feel like I can repeat the same grip without hesitation vs physically having to adjust myself to feel comfortable with my smaller stock grip.

On the Course: still to come..

Overall: I’m impressed. It feels and performs, with my limited time thus far, just like I hoped it would. I’m excited to get this puppy on the course and get in a routine with it to see if my putting grip becomes more consistent.

Bonus: I love the colors ;)

I received the 104cc a couple of days ago. Currently I am looking at a blanket of snow that just won't go away and more coming Sunday. So getting outside is not going to happen anytime soon.

I was very interested in the SNSR last year but the colors really turned me off. The new one in grey/black with yellow highlights was a nice color change. Like others when I first opened the package and felt the grip it was very soft. Being that I currently use a midsize Winn Triple Line firm grip I was a little concerned. My other putters have an Iomic absolute pistol grip, Cameron baby t grip, and a Super Stroke pistol gtr 1.0.

Once I got the new grip on, the concern of it being too soft went away. The grip fits nicely in my hand and once on the shaft the squishy feel went away and had a softest firm feel. I really enjoyed the shape of the grip and as someone who uses a cross handed grip style, I liked the tapered feel in my lower hand, as opposed to the non tapered style of the gtr 1.0.

My gamer is a Bettinardi Studio Stock 14 and the one thing I really like about it is the heaviness of the head. I was nervous that with putting on this new grip I would lose a little of that feeling, as the SNSR is a little bigger and heavier than the Winn grip I had on it. When I got it on and putted around the house the putter head still had that heavy feel I like, so I was pleasantly surprised.

Like I typed earlier, unfortunately I have not been able to get to a green to actually test this thing out properly. I hope that winter loosens its grip on us soon so I can see what the grip is like in real conditions. Please feel free to ask any questions and as I get more time, I will leave more comments. Thanks to Golfwrx and golf pride for giving me the opportunity to test this new grip out.

917 D3 8.5 Xphlexx Agera Orange RF Proto
SLDR Mini 12 Evo Speeder TS 757x
SLDR Mini 15.8 Rogue Black 110 80TX
Srixon 765 4-6 PX LZ 6.0
Srixon 965 7-PW PX LZ 6.0
Mizuno T7 50 PX LZ 6.0
Vokey TVD 54V & 58V
Bettinardi Studio Stock 14 or Odyssey O-works 7

Update: 3/5

I took a few pics to compare it the the original Contour grip and they are slightly different.

- The bottom part of the new pro is definitely more narrow than the original but it's deeper from front to back.

- The top part seems the same width but not as deep from front to back. And more rounded edges.

It feels like the same compound used in the original. Although the back side does feel squishier than the original. The original feels firmer to me.

So far, I prefer the original Red/Black one better because it just fits my hands better. But I do like the looks of the grey/black better than the red/black.

First off thanks to Golf Pride and Golfwrx for giving me the chance to be a tester!

I received my grip a couple weeks ago. Unfortunately my normal club builder is dealing with some medical issues and I just couldn’t get out to my backup guy due to work and family commitments. I only have 2 putters I use nowadays; a Scotty Kombi-S 35” with a ss 3.0 Ryder cup edition grip and a Scotty Select Newport, 34.5” with a stock pistolero. Through the years I’ve found I do better with bigger grips and since the pistolero was getting a little slick and I’ve been meaning to get it replaced when this chance to be a tester came along. Lucky me!

First Impressions:

It’s soft. I thought my pistolero was squishy compared to the SS 3.0, but this takes the cake. I thought it would bother me once it was on and initially it did. However the shape felt good and after awhile, it started to getting used to it while gaining confidence after every putt. I have a round scheduled for Sunday and this will definitely be in the bag for a live-fire excercise

One of the reasons I like bigger putting grips is I was pretty handsy at one point. I’ve managed to temper most of it through practice. I really like how a Newport head looks at address but when I need to make putts, my Kombi with the SS gets the call. I’m hoping this change to the Newport will allow me to play the putter I want to. I’ll give another update after a few rounds. I would still have preferred it if the grip was a little firmer but I do like the shape and how it contours to my hands.

thanks for reading!

Found a pleasant surprise in my mailbox this afternoon. Installing it this weekend on a TP Mills Klassic. My first impression is that the size (140cc) and texture are perfect. Love the color combination as well.

More to follow next week!

Titleist TSR3, w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue with Xlink Tech 65
Titleist 915Fd, w/Aldila Rogue Black 80-2.8-S
19* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85

24* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 6-P, w/UST Recoil 95 F4
Callaway 52* MD5 JAWS S Grind
Callaway 58* PM Grind 19
T.P. Mills Professional Series Klassic/Odyssey O Works Tank #7

Reverse angle.

Callaway 58* PM Grind 19

Side

Callaway 58* PM Grind 19

Also got my SNSR Contour Pro grip today.

First thing I noticed about the grip is it’s weight. Per the specs, it weighs 124 grams, vs 60 for my current Super Stroke Slim 3.0. I’m sure this will give the putter a whole new feel.

TSr 2, 11 driver, Tensei Blue, 55r

TSi 2, 16.5 fairway wood, Tensei Blue, 65r

Aerojet, 21 fairway wood, Kai’li Blue, 65r
Qi10 22 hybrid, Ventus Blue, 65r
AP3, 5-48* - Steelfiber i95 r
Vokey SM9 - 52, 56, KBS Tour lite
Evnroll ER2,  33"

This is a shot of my putter arsenal. I know it is dwarfed by many of the members collections, but these are the three putters I use. My “gamer” is the SC GoLo 3, the putter on the left in the picture. I very rarely use either of the others, but I like them so I’ll keep them for now.

The grip on my gamer is, as you can see from the pic, is a Super Stroke Slim 3.0. That is the grip the new 140cc SNSR will replace. I installed that grip during the 2017 season, so it is due to be replaced.

What I like about the SS is that it took almost no time for me to get used to it. When I take my grip with it, there is no thought of how my hands and fingers feel as I’m putting. Any other grip on any other putter, I am conscious of the difference between it and the grip on my putter.

It is a bit of a departure for me to use any brand besides Golf Pride, so the SS grips I have are not the norm. I started using Golf Pride grips when I found out Golf Pride is part of Eaton Corp, which is based in the Cleveland, OH area which is where I am from and live. I am used to Tour velvet grips that are my choice for my other clubs. With that in mind, I am hoping the new 140cc SNSRs will be favored over the SS. By the way, Stinger tees are my choice for the same reason, they are in the Cleveland area.

I will install the SNSR tomorrow provide my initial take on it.

Evnroll ER2,  33"

Installed my 104cc today. Disclaimer, I heart my Pingman. I’ve experimented with other grips through the years but never for long.....

Obviously the weight difference is very noticeable so i added some weight to the head. As you can see, it’s a lot thicker than I’m used to as well. I don’t know that I’d call it squishy, but it’s definitely softer than tye pingman. Kind of feels like memory foam for the putter....

Playing tomorrow, will see how it reacts. And to all my Northern brothers, it’s going to be mid 80’s & sunny here tomorrow..... ?‍♂️??

Since I decided to be a smart mouth about the weather, the forecast has changed overnight to rain...... sounds about right. Anyway, rolled some on the carpet last night. The top part fits my hand really well but it’s so much softer than I’m used to, it almost feels like the putter is twisting in my hands, but of course it isn’t. I also need more weight in the head to make up for that grip weight.

Placeholder - haven’t received mine yet (Ohio).

Ping G430 Max 10.5 Tensei Orange AV Raw 55 Reg

Ping G430 SFT 5w 19* Alta Black Reg

Ping G430 SFT 7w 23* Alta Black Reg

Tour Edge Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design G-Series Reg

Ping G425 6-UW Alta Slate Reg

Ping Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* DG Spinner

Cleveland Smart Sole C 4.0 

Ping 2023 Anser D

Handicap: 8.2

I changed the grip on my putter from the SS Slim 3.0 to the new SNSR Tour Pro 140cc. I’m very happy with the looks of the putter with the new grip. I was a little concerned because the previous grip looked great, matching up well with the black and red on the GoLo 3. The new grip looks very good and matches up nicely with my bag.

Evnroll ER2,  33"

The performance of the putter with the new grip remains to be seen. There is no outdoor, natural grass putting green available for use anywhere around here, as the temperature is below freezing and it has been a typical northern Ohio winter, cold and snowing.

I have taken a few putts with the new grip on an indoor surface and can provide a few observations on that experience.

Looks: as mentioned in the previous post, the looks are very good. I’m really happy about how well the grip matches up to my bag and the general good looks of the putter with the new grip.

Feel: comparing the new grip to the grips on my other putters, the firmness of the grips rank in the following order:

1) The red Tour Contour 104cc on my Cameron & Crown GoLo 5 (installed at the beginning of 2018 season) - firmest

2) The SS Slim 3.0 on my Nike Method Core MC-003 - firmer than the new SNSR Tour Pro 140cc

3) The SNSR Contour Pro 140cc - softest of the three

Weight:

1) SNSR Contour Pro 140cc - heaviest

2) SNSR Contour 104cc

3) SS Slim 3.0

Evnroll ER2,  33"

Taking a few putts using my GoLo3 with the new SNSR Contour Pro grip, I was pleased with the feel of the putter with the new grip. I was a bit worried the heavier grip might be different enough to make me not be as happy with my putter as I had been with it when it had the SS grip. The new grip certainly gave the putter a heavier feel but it still has a very nice balance with the club head feel not getting lost by the addional weight in the grip. In my hands, the shape of the SNSR is natural in that my fingers are comfortably placed in taking my grip. There is not any unusual feeling in how the grip fits in my hand. The larger flat surface on the front side of the grip will take some getting used to, as it is different from what I have been using. The grip is also somewhat softer than the SS, but not mushy. That will also take some getting used to.

So far, my impression is favorable and the SNSR will go into the new season on my putter.

I’ll post any other thoughts and when the actual season starts.

Evnroll ER2,  33"

Got this installed yesterday and have not played a round with it, but rolled putts on the green and on my indoor mat.

I installed on a Ping Redwood Piper. Initial thoughts are that it feels much softer than my red Tour SNSR from last year. The shape is slightly different (pics below) but this one feels better in the hands.

It feels nice and tacky, I really like this grip and after I put it threw the paces I will most likely install on the rest of my putters. I plan to come back after I have played a round or two.

TSR3 8 - Ventus Black 6x
TaylorMade Stealth + 15 - Ventus TR 8x
Titleist T150 3 - Modus 3 120x
Titleist T100 4-PW - Modus 3 120x
SM9 50, 56, 60 - Modus 3 120x
LAB

Wow, I'm surprised they went softer with the new grips. I have the 104cc in the original red/yellow. I love the contours of the grip and the way it sits in my hands but I hate the color, the squishy-ness of it and the weight of it. It always feels like I'm holding a marshmallow.

I was really hoping these grey/black ones would be firmer and lighter weight.

Looking forward to more reviews. Thank you testers!

Finally able to post some pictures (see post 43) and comparisons. I currently have the pistol gtr tour on one putter, and flatso 2.0 on the other and have gotten really used to them. Prior, I had a golf pride tour tradition and always loved the feel, but like a lot of others I have gotten used to the bigger grips.

I received the 104cc grip, and as you can see from my pictures, is inbetween the gtr tour and flatso 2.0 which was exactly what I was hoping for. I was intrigued by last year’s snsr grips but was offput by the colors so I never tried them, but this year’s black and grey looks awesome so no complaints there. My iniitial thoughts are that the grip at impact feels great! Definitely reminded of my tour tradition grip in the bigger package that I’ve become used to. Not as good as a tour tradition, but definitely better than my superstrokes.

The one difference I’ve had a little trouble with so far is getting used to a tapered grip again. I’ve gotten very comfortable with the no taper grips so I’m curious to see if I will get used to the taper again. I like everything else about the grip. It is soft, but I wouldn’t say too soft. I wouldn’t mind if it were a bit more firm like others have mentioned. Here are a few pics. I will post some more updates as I use it more

Stealth 2+ 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6x
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15* - Ventus TR Blue 7x
Taylormade Stealth UDI 3 iron - X100
Taylormade P770 4-5 iron - X100

Taylormade P7MC 6-pw - X100
Taylormade MG3 - 50 SB, 56 SB, 60 LB
Taylormade Juno TP long neck

Custom 1/1 Rory Nike Oven proto 006, Oven Method Matter B2/01

Got my grip installed today and rolled a few carpets putts. First thoughts are this grip is SUPER SOFT feeling. Might take some time getting use to. Will do a full write up very soon, on my original post, once I get a few more putts in with it.

Titleist TSi2 9° - Mitsubishi Tensei White 60 X

Ping G400 14.5° - Matrix Black tie 7M3 SG

Ping G400 17.5° - Aldila HM-40 Tour Gold Tour 95 S

Titleist 818 H1 22° - Aldila NV 95 X

Callaway Rogue Pro 4-PW - True Temper XP 95 ST15 S300 (Black)

Vanilla Wedge 50°, 55°, & 60° - KBS 610 Wedge S

Scotty Cameron Golo s5 34"

Member of #teamjetspeed - December 2013

^^^^Know what you mean by snow and blizzard conditions. Still anxiously waiting on mine showing up in the mail.

917 D3 8.5 Xphlexx Agera Orange RF Proto
SLDR Mini 12 Evo Speeder TS 757x
SLDR Mini 15.8 Rogue Black 110 80TX
Srixon 765 4-6 PX LZ 6.0
Srixon 965 7-PW PX LZ 6.0
Mizuno T7 50 PX LZ 6.0
Vokey TVD 54V & 58V
Bettinardi Studio Stock 14 or Odyssey O-works 7

T.P. Mills Professional Series Klassic w/140cc Golf Pride TOUR SNSR Contour Pro installed, against an HD Golf Simulator practice putting background:

Callaway 58* PM Grind 19

The Combatants: T. P. Mills v. Odyssey O-Works Tank #7