Driver Thoughts - Callaway Epic Flash vs. Cobra F9

leftycabe

Hit the f9,ts2,m5/6,g410,flash today. best numbers overall were with the flash and ts2, ended up going with the flash due to best dispersion, f9,m5/6,g410 just all seemed to want to go left for me today probably a swing issue but the cally was down the middle all day. 92-98 club head speed

Congrats on your driver choice! What shafts did you try - and like - in the many drivers you hit?

My last few drivers have been either Callaway (Epic or Rogue) or Cobra (Fly-Z), and they've each had both strong points and weaker areas for me. From what I've been reading and seeing on YouTube, both the F9 and the Epic Flash SZ are likely to be great drivers when matched with the right shaft and the right swing. I haven't hit either club and probably don't have the club head speed or the need for spin reduction to make the Flash SZ a good choice. The F9 sounds very promising, but I'm a little worried that the F9 wouldn't allow as much correction for directional issues as the sliding weight on the Flash does. For players having excessive draw issues with the F9, moving more weight forward may help increase fade bias (according to Cobra), but it also may decrease MOI in the process. Also, increasing loft may be needed in the Flash SZ if backspin is too low to prevent sidespin from taking shots too far offline. And players who get too much backspin with the F9, may be able to reduce backspin by lowering the loft but sidespin problems may develop at the same time. Of course, the interaction of shaft choice with the spin, loft, and weighting issues makes the situation even more complicated.

I guess my main point is that a good fitting is probably needed to figure out which club and which configuration is the best match for a particular golfer. I also have to confess that I have become totally brainwashed by the fitting guys on the TXG videos, so feel free to ignore my comments if you wish. And keep in mind as well that TXG should have a video out on the new Ping G410 driver any day now, which may take some of the shine off the F9 and the Flash for those who still haven't made a driver choice for 2019. At least there are several really good new driver choices this year - including the F9 and the Flash.

What is your age ,swingspeed and desired trajectory? Just giving some feedback

Hit the f9,ts2,m5/6,g410,flash today. best numbers overall were with the flash and ts2, ended up going with the flash due to best dispersion, f9,m5/6,g410 just all seemed to want to go left for me today probably a swing issue but the cally was down the middle all day. 92-98 club head speed

Congrats on your driver choice! What shafts did you try - and like - in the many drivers you hit?

ended up with the tensei blue 65, it's been my go to shaft the last couple of years for driver and fairway woods regular flex, hit it in the ts2 also

905t

steelhead xr heavenwood, 9 wood

eye2 becu

hoganardi baby ben currently

always hoing the next best thing

I would have waited another session before taking my decision. The other drivers are not necessarily leftists.

Cobra F9, 8 Hzrdus Yellow
Tee CBX119 13, Tee EX10 Beta 18. Hzrdus Yellow
M2 Hy, 22 with AD DI 85S
M2 Hy, 25 with S+ 90S
P790 6-AW, Nippon 105S
Mizuno 56/14, 60/07
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350 Black Oxide
Titleist -ProV1 balls

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1152161-linkerpans-wtib-2015-edition/"]WITB Link[/url]

My last few drivers have been either Callaway (Epic or Rogue) or Cobra (Fly-Z), and they've each had both strong points and weaker areas for me. From what I've been reading and seeing on YouTube, both the F9 and the Epic Flash SZ are likely to be great drivers when matched with the right shaft and the right swing. I haven't hit either club and probably don't have the club head speed or the need for spin reduction to make the Flash SZ a good choice. The F9 sounds very promising, but I'm a little worried that the F9 wouldn't allow as much correction for directional issues as the sliding weight on the Flash does. For players having excessive draw issues with the F9, moving more weight forward may help increase fade bias (according to Cobra), but it also may decrease MOI in the process. Also, increasing loft may be needed in the Flash SZ if backspin is too low to prevent sidespin from taking shots too far offline. And players who get too much backspin with the F9, may be able to reduce backspin by lowering the loft but sidespin problems may develop at the same time. Of course, the interaction of shaft choice with the spin, loft, and weighting issues makes the situation even more complicated.

I guess my main point is that a good fitting is probably needed to figure out which club and which configuration is the best match for a particular golfer. I also have to confess that I have become totally brainwashed by the fitting guys on the TXG videos, so feel free to ignore my comments if you wish. And keep in mind as well that TXG should have a video out on the new Ping G410 driver any day now, which may take some of the shine off the F9 and the Flash for those who still haven't made a driver choice for 2019. At least there are several really good new driver choices this year - including the F9 and the Flash.

I'm 68 years old, and I currently swing the driver in the low 80s on good swings. I've never been a long hitter, but I used to be able to swing around 100 mph in my prime. My angle of attack is +4, and my trajectory is medium to medium-high, which is my preferred ball flight. Launch angle is about 16-17 degrees with spin about 2100-2200 in my current driver, which is a 10.5 Rogue.

Based solely on swing speed, I should probably play a senior flex shaft, but I seem to get a better balance of distance and accuracy with a softer regular flex shaft. Current shaft is a 60g Kuro Kage Black TiNi, but I really like the performance of the new Tensei AV Blue 55 shaft I hit in a Titleist TS2 driver. I'm currently planning to get an Epic Flash (not SZ) since it gives me a little more ball speed and adjustment options when I compared it to my Rogue. I also may pick up another new driver (either Ping G410 or Cobra F9) to have an extended on-course shoot-out with the Flash.

Any additional suggestions would be appreciated.

ended up with the tensei blue 65, it's been my go to shaft the last couple of years for driver and fairway woods regular flex, hit it in the ts2 also

I really liked the Tensei AV Blue 55 I hit in the TS2, but Callaway doesn't offer the 55g version in the Flash. If you've previously played the Tensei Blue from the CK series (not the Pro version) in regular flex, how do you think it compares to the new AV series version of the Tensei Blue?

I really liked the Tensei AV Blue 55 I hit in the TS2, but Callaway doesn't offer the 55g version in the Flash. If you've previously played the Tensei Blue from the CK series (not the Pro version) in regular flex, how do you think it compares to the new AV series version of the Tensei Blue?

not a big shaftoid, and kind of shaft numb didn't really feel a whole lot of difference between the two had to look and realize my other shaft was the ck, sorry not much help

905t

steelhead xr heavenwood, 9 wood

eye2 becu

hoganardi baby ben currently

always hoing the next best thing

I'm 68 years old, and I currently swing the driver in the low 80s on good swings. I've never been a long hitter, but I used to be able to swing around 100 mph in my prime. My angle of attack is +4, and my trajectory is medium to medium-high, which is my preferred ball flight. Launch angle is about 16-17 degrees with spin about 2100-2200 in my current driver, which is a 10.5 Rogue.

Based solely on swing speed, I should probably play a senior flex shaft, but I seem to get a better balance of distance and accuracy with a softer regular flex shaft. Current shaft is a 60g Kuro Kage Black TiNi, but I really like the performance of the new Tensei AV Blue 55 shaft I hit in a Titleist TS2 driver. I'm currently planning to get an Epic Flash (not SZ) since it gives me a little more ball speed and adjustment options when I compared it to my Rogue. I also may pick up another new driver (either Ping G410 or Cobra F9) to have an extended on-course shoot-out with the Flash.

53 and I'm low launch player but high spin....weird....speed is 90ish and tough to find the right blend of launch,spin and appeal at address....not a fan of stretched heads like the rogue....M3 is what I'm just getting out of .....also a 440cc jpx900 with speeder evolution II 569 regular....shafts matter....

Demo'd most of the 2019 lineup and the M5 just didn't spin but felt nice, the TS drivers were just meh....came down to F9 and Flash but the SUB ZERO head....again based solely on appeal....

Neck and neck they went for two days...F9 having the better shaft(atomos ts 6) steadier shot pattern but a little too busy for my eye....the FSZ ,I lofted up a 9* head and tried with 3 different shafts before getting to my sweetspot....Project X EVENFLOW GREEN....55g 5.5(reg) ....smooth and stable allowing any shot required without surprises....got 3wd to match....amazing how good they look,feel and perform.....

Point being , find that shaft....everything else will fall into place!

53 and I'm low launch player but high spin....weird....speed is 90ish and tough to find the right blend of launch,spin and appeal at address....not a fan of stretched heads like the rogue....M3 is what I'm just getting out of .....also a 440cc jpx900 with speeder evolution II 569 regular....shafts matter....

Demo'd most of the 2019 lineup and the M5 just didn't spin but felt nice, the TS drivers were just meh....came down to F9 and Flash but the SUB ZERO head....again based solely on appeal....

Neck and neck they went for two days...F9 having the better shaft(atomos ts 6) steadier shot pattern but a little too busy for my eye....the FSZ ,I lofted up a 9* head and tried with 3 different shafts before getting to my sweetspot....Project X EVENFLOW GREEN....55g 5.5(reg) ....smooth and stable allowing any shot required without surprises....got 3wd to match....amazing how good they look,feel and perform.....

There are certainly specific shaft-clubhead interactions that influence driver performance, but I agree that finding the right shaft is absolutely critical. It looks like the EvenFlow Green 55 is working well for you, which is great. However, that shaft was not a good match for my swing when I tried it in an Epic Flash 10.5 head. I have a SkyTrak in my basement so I can take drivers home and try them out with different shafts while checking objective ball data along the way. My Kuro Kage Black TiNi 60g shaft produced better performance with the Flash than the EvenFlow Green 55 did for me. Clearly, our club head speeds and launch conditions are different, so it's not surprising that you need a different shaft than I do. I wanted to try a Tensei AV Blue 55 shaft in the Flash since I liked it in the TS2, but I didn't have it with a Callaway shaft adapter so that comparison will have to wait until I can switch adapters on a Titleist Tensei AV Blue 55 shaft I picked up on ebay.

It's amazing what some of us will do on that quest to find the perfect driver shaft.

There are certainly specific shaft-clubhead interactions that influence driver performance, but I agree that finding the right shaft is absolutely critical. It looks like the EvenFlow Green 55 is working well for you, which is great. However, that shaft was not a good match for my swing when I tried it in an Epic Flash 10.5 head. I have a SkyTrak in my basement so I can take drivers home and try them out with different shafts while checking objective ball data along the way. My Kuro Kage Black TiNi 60g shaft produced better performance with the Flash than the EvenFlow Green 55 did for me. Clearly, our club head speeds and launch conditions are different, so it's not surprising that you need a different shaft than I do. I wanted to try a Tensei AV Blue 55 shaft in the Flash since I liked it in the TS2, but I didn't have it with a Callaway shaft adapter so that comparison will have to wait until I can switch adapters on a Titleist Tensei AV Blue 55 shaft I picked up on ebay.

It's amazing what some of us will do on that quest to find the perfect driver shaft.

Exactly! Good luck with this journey....the tensei hasn't worked in any form....tried orange, blue and even hit white.....kuro kage has worked well as has diamana series....I've tried other px shafts with very little success until now....speeder and gd have treated me well...

But with a short window of testing and one round, I'm in love!

not a big shaftoid, and kind of shaft numb didn't really feel a whole lot of difference between the two had to look and realize my other shaft was the ck, sorry not much help

No problem. According to the MCA shaft website, the AV series has slightly lower torque and is a little more stable, but otherwise the flex profile appears to be virtually identical to the CK series. When I hit the AV Blue 55 in a TS2, it felt a bit smoother and more responsive than I remembered the CK Blue 50 feeling in a Rogue head - but that could have been related to the different feel of the club heads or just to my imagination. Enjoy your new Flash!

I was able to hit my F9 vs. Epic Flash SZ yesterday. It was 47 degrees and I was hitting from a hitting bay to an outdoor range with a Flightscope that seemed to have limited function (doesn't show spin rates). I hit the F9 with a Tensei Pro White, and the Flash SZ with the Tensei Pro Orange, which has a 4gram tip weight in the shaft and the head has been hot melted by Callaway. I spent about 45 minutes going back and forth between the two.

Sound/Feel - Clearly goes to the F9. They really got this as close to perfect as a driver can sound and feel. The Flash SZ is loud but not intolerable. If the performance is clearly the better of the 2, then I could live with the sound. I was hoping the hot melt would mute it alittle bit, but still pretty loud.

Ball speed - I was playing attention to ball speeds, since it is pretty accurate with Flightscope. The Flash SZ was probably 1-2 mph faster ball speed, but I would say this is not a meaningful difference.

Trajectory - Both had a nice ball flight. It was hard to see well, as it was a very grey sky and I kept losing the ball. The Flash SZ was fading a lot on standard settings, so I had to slide the weight to the draw side to straighten it out. I bring this up as some people on here have said that both these drivers have a draw bias, I would have to disagree, based on my initial testing.

Overall - I was impressed with the performance of both drivers. I could see myself playing either of these based on initial testing. I was curious to see if there would be a clear winner, and there was not. I need to get them both on the course a few times, before I would make any decision. I would tell anybody if they were struggling between the 2, that they can't go wrong with either driver based on initial testing. If a muted, solid thwack at impact is important to you, then the F9 would clearly be the way to go.

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR3 with Metaflex 5H shaft (currently testing the Proxima 6 stiff shaft)
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

I was able to hit my F9 vs. Epic Flash SZ yesterday. It was 47 degrees and I was hitting from a hitting bay to an outdoor range with a Flightscope that seemed to have limited function (doesn't show spin rates). I hit the F9 with a Tensei Pro White, and the Flash SZ with the Tensei Pro Orange, which has a 4gram tip weight in the shaft and the head has been hot melted by Callaway. I spent about 45 minutes going back and forth between the two.

Sound/Feel - Clearly goes to the F9. They really got this as close to perfect as a driver can sound and feel. The Flash SZ is loud but not intolerable. If the performance is clearly the better of the 2, then I could live with the sound. I was hoping the hot melt would mute it alittle bit, but still pretty loud.

Ball speed - I was playing attention to ball speeds, since it is pretty accurate with Flightscope. The Flash SZ was probably 1-2 mph faster ball speed, but I would say this is not a meaningful difference.

Trajectory - Both had a nice ball flight. It was hard to see well, as it was a very grey sky and I kept losing the ball. The Flash SZ was fading a lot on standard settings, so I had to slide the weight to the draw side to straighten it out. I bring this up as some people on here have said that both these drivers have a draw bias, I would have to disagree, based on my initial testing.

Overall - I was impressed with the performance of both drivers. I could see myself playing either of these based on initial testing. I was curious to see if there would be a clear winner, and there was not. I need to get them both on the course a few times, before I would make any decision. I would tell anybody if they were struggling between the 2, that they can't go wrong with either driver based on initial testing. If a muted, solid thwack at impact is important to you, then the F9 would clearly be the way to go.

Any discernible difference in dispersion between them for you?

It has been about 5 months since I have swung a golf club, so my consistency, which isn't great to begin with, was pretty poor. I was also frustrated that my swing speed is way down. I am usually around 105 mph, but Flightscope was showing me to be around 99 mph. I really couldn't say anything about dispersion and attribute it to the clubs at this point.

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR3 with Metaflex 5H shaft (currently testing the Proxima 6 stiff shaft)
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

It has been about 5 months since I have swung a golf club, so my consistency, which isn't great to begin with, was pretty poor. I was also frustrated that my swing speed is way down. I am usually around 105 mph, but Flightscope was showing me to be around 99 mph. I really couldn't say anything about dispersion and attribute it to the clubs at this point.

understand, thanks.

understand, thanks.

I will say from my experience, which is why I finally pulled the trigger on the F9, was the the dispersion was tighter and also how well it kept higher ball speeds and distance on mishits whether toe or heel. I was hitting distances in terms of carry on par with what I get on centered hits with my current gamer which I absolutely love for a guy who sucks with the driver.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

understand, thanks.

I will say from my experience, which is why I finally pulled the trigger on the F9, was the the dispersion was tighter and also how well it kept higher ball speeds and distance on mishits whether toe or heel. I was hitting distances in terms of carry on par with what I get on centered hits with my current gamer which I absolutely love for a guy who sucks with the driver.

I'll add to this.....these were my final 2 drivers....I couldn't miss the F9....FSZ needed an adjustment......FOR ME the F9 spun a shade more and therefore the FSZ was 10yds longer.....only hit F9 in the atomos tour spec 6 reg....wonderful club and could easily game it....accuracy isn't my issue so went the distance route.....review above!

I picked up my EFSZ at 9 degrees with Hzrdus Smoke 60 in S at the weekend. Safe to say I am loving it so far!

This beats my previous Titleist 915 D3 hands down. Temperatures were really good in England over the weekend so managed to get out on the course as well as hit the range. I was pitching my EFSZ further than my Titleist ever did in warmer weather, I’d say 10+yds.

My flight was long and flat with slight right to left, starting just right of target. It’s a baby draw machine for me. Normal shot shape is left to right so took a couple of holes of getting used to aiming right of target. I hit 6 of 8 fairways in the 9 holes I played.

Mishits flew off the face. I was so impressed. I’d say it only lost about 10 yds from a centre hit to a low face spinner. But the main thing was it kept straight. Distance for me isn’t the big thing in getting a new driver, I just wanted to hit more fairways and with this I did no problems.

I just hope the weather keeps good and I can get back out on the course again soon!

I did try the F9 as well a couple of weeks ago against the EFSZ, G410 and TS3. EFSZ no brainer- longer and straighter than the rest for me.

I was fit into the standard EF...the spin difference between the two heads is much smaller than it used to be but the standard EF was clearly much more forgiving. Spun less than the F9 as well. I did not try the F9 with the weights forward, so I had to get one on order anyway since they are so cheap lol

Update on this. I got the F9 in, went with 9* and the weights forward vs the 10.5 with the weights back that I originally hit during my fitting, playing it with a speeder evo 757X (have an Evo V 757X in the EF). After a few range sessions the F9 is really the winner, took it to the course yesterday and further cemented that fact with some of the longest/straightest drives I've ever hit. On my flight scope I'm getting 3-4mph more ball speed than I was getting during my fitting with the EF. Just high towering bombs that carry and carry. I only hit the EF for a few holes on the course, just couldn't get into the feel/look while I love the F9 feel look.

I didnt get to hit the M6 during my fitting (CC didnt have them yet) but hit one at demo yesterday and it's right there with the F9. High boring bombs that just want to go straight. I'll get trading my EF for an M6 and will get them in the same shafts and see how they do head to head.

Just posted today.

Cobra F9 finishes very close runner up to Cally epic Flash Sub in “that other websites” most wanted test results. Pretty much a toss up.

M6 won for raw distance.

PXG 0811 XF won for most forgiving.

https://Not allowed because of spam.co...-wanted-driver/

Just posted today.

Cobra F9 finishes very close runner up to Cally epic Flash Sub in “that other websites” most wanted test results. Pretty much a toss up.

Yeah seems like all are pretty close. I will take dispersion/feel and sound plus I like the look of the F9.

CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX TD TC - 10.5 - MMT 60

TAYLORMADE Stealth Plus- 15 / 18 - PX Hzrdus Red

TAYLORMADE Gapr Hi - 22 - KBS Hybrid

TITLEIST '23 T200 - 5-PW - Steelfiber i95

VOKEY SM9 Blk 48/53/58- KBS Hi Rev 2.0 / TM Kia Ma Montecarlo

Just posted today.

Yeah seems like all are pretty close. I will take dispersion/feel and sound plus I like the look of the F9.

That’s the observation most people don’t really understand. All the top offerings are all pretty close anymore.

It really comes down to subtleties unless you specifically need something like a draw bias driver.

There is really no “best driver” anymore. You have to look at sound and feel and shape and small tendencies in each club.

I personally detest the Callaway sound and shape. I wouldn’t play one if someone gave me one for free.,..but I fully relalize that’s just my preference. I’m sure it’s a great club for many people.

Just posted today.

Cobra F9 finishes very close runner up to Cally epic Flash Sub in "that other websites" most wanted test results. Pretty much a toss up.

M6 won for raw distance.

I was a bit surprised at that. I thought it would be either the F9 or G410. But I have heard from several people who have had great results with the Epic Flash SZ and some that had some no so great.

AS said, there's no one driver for everyone, but there's one driver for everybody.

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

Just posted today.

That’s the observation most people don’t really understand. All the top offerings are all pretty close anymore.

It really comes down to subtleties unless you specifically need something like a draw bias driver.

There is really no “best driver” anymore. You have to look at sound and feel and shape and small tendencies in each club.

I personally detest the Callaway sound and shape. I wouldn’t play one if someone gave me one for free.,..but I fully relalize that’s just my preference. I’m sure it’s a great club for many people.

You don't like sub zero driver's shape?

Just posted today.

Cobra F9 finishes very close runner up to Cally epic Flash Sub in "that other websites" most wanted test results. Pretty much a toss up.

M6 won for raw distance.

I do wonder what setting they had the F9 in. Seems like it was in the higher spin setting. But either way, performance deltas are largely in the noise. Pick the one you like the best and you won't be disappointed

Just posted today.

No. I haven’t liked Callaways shape for at least 3 years.

I’ve also not even considered Taylormade the last few years because I can’t stand the white, or this year gray, front of the crown. I find it ugly and distracting. If I played one because it was demonstrably the best driver in the world I’d have to paint it.

For me it’s extremely important to genuinely like what I look down at. If I don’t love a club, or I can’t LEARN to love a club, I won’t use it. Same way with the high toe TM or PM wedges. They work great but I detest the way they look. I tried both and had to sell them.

Just posted today.

M6 won for raw distance.

I do wonder what setting they had the F9 in. Seems like it was in the higher spin setting. But either way, performance deltas are largely in the noise. Pick the one you like the best and you won't be disappointed

That’s another great point. With adjustable weights, where are the weights? The hosel settings were all “standard” I believe but even that is a problem for some people. I wouldn’t use the 9* F9. I’d personally use the 10.5* tour length turned down to 9.5 draw. They didn’t test that one. For certain golfers the 10.5* would be far better. It’s also 1 degree more UPRIGHT which most people dont know, but that would also help many golfers.. The 10.5 is basically the “standard” and the 9* is the “pro” model like in the LTD 3 years ago. Cobra just didn’t make that distinction this year in naming them and most people don’t know the 9 will be more fade biased than the 10.5.

They like to use stock shafts, but certain shafts obviously are much better from some golfers rather than others. Certainly No test is perfect, but they do try hard to get some “fair” results. When they publish the different swing speed results it will be more useful I think. The article said the higher swing speed folks loved the F9.

Just posted today.

M6 won for raw distance.

Just posted today.

M6 won for raw distance.

That’s another great point. With adjustable weights, where are the weights? The hosel settings were all “standard” I believe but even that is a problem for some people. I wouldn’t use the 9* F9. I’d personally use the 10.5* tour length turned down to 9.5 draw. They didn’t test that one. For certain golfers the 10.5* would be far better. It’s also 1 degree more UPRIGHT which most people dont know, but that would also help many golfers.. The 10.5 is basically the “standard” and the 9* is the “pro” model like in the LTD 3 years ago. Cobra just didn’t make that distinction this year in naming them and most people don’t know the 9 will be more fade biased than the 10.5.

They like to use stock shafts, but certain shafts obviously are much better from some golfers rather than others. Certainly No test is perfect, but they do try hard to get some “fair” results. When they publish the different swing speed results it will be more useful I think. The article said the higher swing speed folks loved the F9.

I think each tester was able to adjust the hosel setting to their desired flight...not 100% sure but I can verify that as I know one of the testers.

I also really look forward to the swing speed breakdwon, I think everyone gets more out of it than the overall combined results.

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

Just posted today.

No. I haven’t liked Callaways shape for at least 3 years.

I’ve also not even considered Taylormade the last few years because I can’t stand the white, or this year gray, front of the crown. I find it ugly and distracting. If I played one because it was demonstrably the best driver in the world I’d have to paint it.

For me it’s extremely important to genuinely like what I look down at. If I don’t love a club, or I can’t LEARN to love a club, I won’t use it. Same way with the high toe TM or PM wedges. They work great but I detest the way they look. I tried both and had to sell them.

Funny because that's why I've stayed away from ping and now f9....too much going on with the crowns....also the F9 sat a little closed compared to FSZ....

I didn't like either of the original epics ;rogue SZ was decent looking.....M3 has a very nice profile but for my eyes the FSZ has a D3/FT Tour look ....

The F9 sounds wonderful but again for me and the 2 heads I've hit(demo n owned) the FSZ is explosive and powerful sounding....

The F9 finished a very strong 2nd in my testing and could easily be bagged....oh well, to each his own

Forgot to mention that the F9 44.5” Tour Length option driver comes with the standard 14g weight in the rear. But, instead of the standard 2g weight in the front, it comes with a 6g weight in the front to help with the swingweight. This was a big plus to me compared to most other OEMs.

Paradym Ai Smoke MAX 10.5  Velocore Red 6S 45" D3

Rogue ST MAX 3,5,7W Velocore  Red 7S 

Srixon ZX4-4, ZX5-5&6, ZX7 7-PW

MODUS 120 S +3/4, D3-D5

SM8 Raw 52 F-12, 56 V,  & 60 V

Scotty Circle T Red Dot 350g Newport 2 (A006794), Pro V1x, Miura Alt bag: 4-PW CB57’s & K Grinds 52,56,60,64 or Fun Bag MP-33 5-PW