Cobra King LTD users......

Just posted today for anyone thinking about the F9 as a Cobra purchase option. Just Another confirmation it’s a great golf club.

Cobra F9 finishes very close runner up to Cally epic Flash Sub in “that other websites” most wanted test results. Essentially was a toss up. Just personal preference really. I don’t care for the Cally shape or sound so it would be no contest for me.

https://Not allowed because of spam.com/2019-most-wanted-driver/

Edited the link. If it doesn’t work now I don’t know what to try. Everyone should know the site I’m talikng about.

Just posted today for anyone thinking about the F9 as a Cobra purchase option. Just Another confirmation it’s a great golf club.

Cobra F9 finishes very close runner up to Cally epic Flash Sub in “that other websites” most wanted test results. Essentially was a toss up. Just personal preference really. I don’t care for the Cally shape or sound so it would be no contest for me.

https://Not allowed because of spam.co...-wanted-driver/

Link is down or you didn't paste the whole thing.

No, anytime you link to something on that website the directed link doesn't work. A little animosity it seems.

No, anytime you link to something on that website the directed link doesn't work. A little animosity it seems.

Hahaha! Really? Damn. That’s irritating. I’ll try again.

https://Not allowed because of spam.com/2019-most-wanted-driver/

lawl.

Okay welllll I know where to look.

Ok so I quickly read that post. I can't take anything seriously at 135mph ball speed. Christ that's my 5i ball speed on good days.

Either way, it's as usual, just a starting point. It's nice to see the F9 barely shy of first place. When you consider sound and also price point, to me the F9 should be #1. Flash sounds like a donkey's arse and made me not want to it it, despite giving good results.

Ok so I quickly read that post. I can't take anything seriously at 135mph ball speed. Christ that's my 5i ball speed on good days.

Either way, it's as usual, just a starting point. It's nice to see the F9 barely shy of first place. When you consider sound and also price point, to me the F9 should be #1. Flash sounds like a donkey's arse and made me not want to it it, despite giving good results.

That was the average ball speed for 35 different golfers of different skill levels and club head speeds ranging from 75-130 mph.

The article says They will post by swingspeed groups in the next few weeks. This was just the “overall” data which, quite honestly, doesn’t mean that much because we all know that a driver that suits a guy at 130 mph CHS has no business in the hands of someone at 80 mph CHS.

When you try to do a test that is relevant to everyone, it’s usually relevant to no one.

That was the average ball speed for 35 different golfers of different skill levels and club head speeds ranging from 75-130 mph.

The article says They will post by swingspeed groups in the next few weeks. This was just the “overall” data which, quite honestly, doesn’t mean that much because we all know that a driver that suits a guy at 130 mph CHS has no business in the hands of someone at 80 mph CHS.

When you try to do a test that is relevant to everyone, it’s usually relevant to no one.

Oh thank god ok I was like uhhh I can't believe they'd use just a few guys getting 135mph.

And now memory is coming back to me... they posted a "high speed" data sub set in years past. I'll be muhc more interested in that.

And for 300 straight and others who hit off mats in the winter but hate the lame rubber tees that are never the right height, I'm going to be buying these today to see if this will help my strike issues:

https://www.amazon.com/BirTee-Pro-Winter-Golf-Tees/dp/B077F49TLL?th=1

Thanks guys for the fine tuning info. I found my misses worked out quite well, even the low on the face hits. Basically the low on the face ones were the same distance as the sweet spot hits with the Rogue, at least that day. Jose from Cobra in that video with RS seemed to say that dead centre was best, IIRC, but Jag I will try searching for the G spot as you suggest.

Thanks guys for the fine tuning info. I found my misses worked out quite well, even the low on the face hits. Basically the low on the face ones were the same distance as the sweet spot hits with the Rogue, at least that day. Jose from Cobra in that video with RS seemed to say that dead centre was best, IIRC, but Jag I will try searching for the G spot as you suggest.

LOL!! The G spot!

Dead center is certainly never a bad thing but I’m tellin ya, when you make a good pass and catch it a little high and a little toey....it has another gear.

I had one round last fall before all the damn rain when it was hot and dry and firm back here. I got in the groove and found that spot over and over and honest to god hit 12 of 13 drives over 300. I only swing 110 mph. I Hit one 363 downwind and had a short iron into a short par 5. Maybe the best Driving round of my life.

Of course I couldn’t make a putt and only shot 1 under....but it was fun.

Round 2 today; the LTD Black goes so straight its unreal, a fairway finder. But I think the LTD Pro is a little longer, the ball seems to hang in the air a bit more. The Pro is a little heavier so it seems to take a bit more work to get the performance, while the Black is just effortless. Right now there is still snow at the back of the range. Looking forward to when things dry out a bit and I can judge the distance better but both are quite solid.

I received a used LTD Pro driver via FedEx this afternoon and played 10 holes. I hit a couple of tee shots since almost nobody was at the course.

My swing speed is usually between 95-100 and has medium to fast swing tempo with a lot of wrist action. My usual miss is hook/pull hook. My gamer is Bio Cell Pro with Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 72 stiff 44.5" and the LTD Pro driver is stock Rouge Black stiff with 45" standard length.

I found the LTD pro is much more forgiving specially directionaly. Head was very stable at impact. It is as long on center hit but longer overall.

About the shaft, it felt quite softer. I had to double check the flex to make sure I bought a stiff flex not regular. This might be due to heavier head. The flight was however very straight. I didn't hit a hook until last hole but I found out the space port was loose. The trajectory was flatter than my gamer combo and I had more roll(started with 9.5* but liked 8.5* in loft)

The only problem was when I go for it the head/shaft couldn't catch up and leave the ball high right. I think I can adopt to it but will try LTD Pro head with the Diamana D+ shaft.

Just 10 holes but so far so good!

I received a used LTD Pro driver via FedEx this afternoon and played 10 holes. I hit a couple of tee shots since almost nobody was at the course.

My swing speed is usually between 95-100 and has medium to fast swing tempo with a lot of wrist action. My usual miss is hook/pull hook. My gamer is Bio Cell Pro with Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 72 stiff 44.5" and the LTD Pro driver is stock Rouge Black stiff with 45" standard length.

I found the LTD pro is much more forgiving specially directionaly. Head was very stable at impact. It is as long on center hit but longer overall.

About the shaft, it felt quite softer. I had to double check the flex to make sure I bought a stiff flex not regular. This might be due to heavier head. The flight was however very straight. I didn't hit a hook until last hole but I found out the space port was loose. The trajectory was flatter than my gamer combo and I had more roll(started with 9.5* but liked 8.5* in loft)

The only problem was when I go for it the head/shaft couldn't catch up and leave the ball high right. I think I can adopt to it but will try LTD Pro head with the Diamana D+ shaft.

Just 10 holes but so far so good!

I didn’t care for the Rogue Black shaft in my standard LTD at all. It went on eBay within a week. The head is still in play 3 years later though.

• 2 weeks later...

Really enjoying these LTD drivers. I'm crushing the LTD Black very consistently, and it's quite forgiving. I had a little piece come loose inside the head a couple weeks ago, no big deal. But today a really big chunk came loose. It must weigh a few grams; do you think it will affect playability? Should I do anything about it?

Really enjoying these LTD drivers. I'm crushing the LTD Black very consistently, and it's quite forgiving. I had a little piece come loose inside the head a couple weeks ago, no big deal. But today a really big chunk came loose. It must weigh a few grams; do you think it will affect playability? Should I do anything about it?
I would get it swingweighted to know where you’re at. Very easy to add weight to the spaceport, as I’ve posted before.

Jeez. What the heck is that? Is it hard like epoxy? I can’t imagine where that actually would have come from unless it was added at the factory for weighting. The bottom of the head is titanium and the crown is carbon fiber. If it was epoxy why would there be so,much of it.

Id swingweight it and I’d send pics to Cobra customer service. That’s just weird. I have a little dental mirror. I’d use that and a flashlight to take a look all around the inside and try to figure out where it broke loose from. I just looked inside mine and there is simply no obvious place that much material could come from. If you bought it used I’d say Someone must have added it for weighting purposes.

On another note. I took out my new F9 last night for the first time. Using the same shaft and same head weighting I initially still prefer the LTD. My shoulder was hurting and it was 34 degrees so I didn’t t really learn that much, but I’m thinking the F9 May go be for sale soon. The LTD just doesn’t want to leave my bag.

Yeah it is hard and crystalline. I tried feeling around inside the head when the first bit came loose, I couldn't feel any other chunks; but then this appeared. The shape of it shows that it was on the heel side, low, probably by the neck.

I will email my friend Rina at Cobra on Monday. She is great; my experience with Cobra's customer service is top notch so far

Oh, thanks for that info. I really know nothing about swing weights.

I'll see what Cobra says about it. I know that in reading a lot of threads from a few years ago about the LTD's that many guys had material come loose inside the head. I don't recall what guys did about it though. I know that some were saying you can't put hotmelt in there because of the slick surface....

Oh, thanks for that info. I really know nothing about swing weights.

I'll see what Cobra says about it. I know that in reading a lot of threads from a few years ago about the LTD's that many guys had material come loose inside the head. I don't recall what guys did about it though. I know that some were saying you can't put hotmelt in there because of the slick surface....

Nothing sticks. I tried holtmelt and lead tape on the inside. Both come off. Inside is coated with Teflon on something.

If someone tried to weight it with epoxy I can see it breaking loose eventually

Agree with all of the positive comments here, have been playing the LTD for 2 years now and it is a fairway finder for me, very forgiving.

Driver - Cobra Speedzone

Hybrids

Cobra 17
      Wishon 775 21

Wishon 775 24 
Irons - Callaway Apex MB 6-A
Wedges - Maltby 54 60 TSW DRM
Putters - L.A.B Blad.1 and L.A.B. DF 2.1 Long
Titleist Yellow ProV1x / AVX 

Maybe give the Black a try. I'm alternating between the Pro and the Black, but the weather only just turned warm so I haven't been able to really determine which is longer or straighter. The difference isn't just the lofts, but also the heads weigh a fair amount different, and the Black lost that 2 grams of hotmelt so it's definitely lighter. The pro feels pretty heavy, it takes a bit more effort to swing it. not sure if that is good or bad because I'm still developing my swing. Not sure if I'm going to add the weight back to the Black, didnt seem to really hurt it. Also the F9 doesn't seem to be much different than the LTD's. All good

Just so everyone knows, and some may have read this already, but The LTD REALLY likes to be hit slightly above center and slightly toward the toe.

The sweet spot is not dead center. If you catch it 1/4 inch high and 1/4 inch toward the toe it goes into beast mode.

I’ve been playing it long enough that my subconscious knows that and just tries automatically looks for that spot. It sounds and feels different when you catch it there.

The one thing the club DOES NOT like is to be hit low on the face. Some of the newer drivers do better with that miss.

Just another point of confirmation here. I played the LTD last year and balls hit slightly high and toward the toe just launched - high, low spin, and would just run forever.

Just so everyone knows, and some may have read this already, but The LTD REALLY likes to be hit slightly above center and slightly toward the toe.

The sweet spot is not dead center. If you catch it 1/4 inch high and 1/4 inch toward the toe it goes into beast mode.

I’ve been playing it long enough that my subconscious knows that and just tries automatically looks for that spot. It sounds and feels different when you catch it there.

The one thing the club DOES NOT like is to be hit low on the face. Some of the newer drivers do better with that miss.

Just another point of confirmation here. I played the LTD last year and balls hit slightly high and toward the toe just launched - high, low spin, and would just run forever.

thanks for the confirm. I'm ready

Installing tips on a KKDCXT 60tx and a GD tour ADDi 6x today to test in the LTD and the F9.

One range session and one round with F9 hitting multiple drives on each hole with F9 and LTD and so far I’m still preferring the LTD. I may just be too used to it after 3 years. I REALLY want to like the F9 but I prefer the look, sound, and feel of the LTD. Change is tricky. There is something to be said for confidence over the ball.

• Like 1