To all the arm lock users

BrendanKre

How do you get a putter like this "setup" specifically for oneself?

The real answer is you need a fitting because everyone is different, when your specs are correct it will feel natural and confident in stroke...

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

I finally got my Evnroll Arm Lock putter finished off. Since it’s 25 degrees I have only been able to roll it indoors thus far, but looking forward to using it in 2019.

Driver - Cobra Speedzone

Hybrids

Cobra 17
      Wishon 775 21

Wishon 775 24 
Irons - Callaway Apex MB 6-A
Wedges - Maltby 54 60 TSW DRM
Putters - L.A.B Blad.1 and L.A.B. DF 2.1 Long
Titleist Yellow ProV1x / AVX 

I tried arm lock several years ago and had mixed results. Arm Lock technique was definately money on short putts in pressure situations. With all the recent success on tour i decided to try my Kuchar arm lock again and having been having problems squaring up my shoulders. Any suggestions?

More loft move back one ball.

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

I've had the Betti SS28 SB in the cart for the last week. I want to see what the new Odyssey Arm Lock putters look like first. It's hard to drop $450 on a putter that you can't try anywhere around you.

I was thinking the same thing ($450) and not knowing how it will work or fit. I ended up ordering a #1 wide from Callaway and it should be here this week. I'll let you know how it works when I get a chance to play with it.

Ping g430 10K w/ Ventus Red 6-S

TaylorMade iq10 3 Wood w/ TD-70-S

TaylorMade Stage2 Tour 19* Fujikura Tour Spec VC 6.2

Mizuno Fli hi 4-w/Steelfiber 80-S

Mizuno 225, 5-PW with Modus 105-S

SM8. 52* & 58* TM High Toe

Lab Mezz...46”

Jones Players Bag
Titleist ProV1/ 

Does anyone know where the SuperStroke 17” grips can be found?

I use this grip on my arm lock putters and need to replace one, but can’t seem to find the grip anywhere.

Taylormade M3 w/ Tensei CK White-70X
Taylormade SIM 5 wood w/ HZRDUS Smoke Black-80X
Sub 70 699u Pro 2 iron 17* w/ HZRDUS Smoke Black-90X
Mizuno MMC 4-6 w/ Dynamic Gold- X100

Mizuno MP20 7-PW w/ Dynamic Gold-X100
Mizuno MP T20 50*, 54*, 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S-400 
Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

Does anyone know where the SuperStroke 17†grips can be found?

I use this grip on my arm lock putters and need to replace one, but can’t seem to find the grip anywhere.

Check out Jumbo Grips brand that Bryson sponsors, they are selling one

Driver - Cobra Speedzone

Hybrids

Cobra 17
      Wishon 775 21

Wishon 775 24 
Irons - Callaway Apex MB 6-A
Wedges - Maltby 54 60 TSW DRM
Putters - L.A.B Blad.1 and L.A.B. DF 2.1 Long
Titleist Yellow ProV1x / AVX 

I've had the Betti SS28 SB in the cart for the last week. I want to see what the new Odyssey Arm Lock putters look like first. It's hard to drop $450 on a putter that you can't try anywhere around you.

I was thinking the same thing ($450) and not knowing how it will work or fit. I ended up ordering a #1 wide from Callaway and it should be here this week. I'll let you know how it works when I get a chance to play with it.

I played around with a Stroke Lab putter at Dicks. I do prefer the white hot micro face to the o-works. Feels a little firmer. I think I’ll give it a couple weeks and then order a 1W arm lock after I hear a few reviews.

Anyone got an extra they are willing to part with? I'm struggling to find one online and wanted to check here before building

Edit* Thanks Deuce! Going to dial this in once we get some decent weather

TSR3 9 | VentusTR Blue 7x

Paradym 3W | S 83tx

Covert 5W | S 103 x

716 MB 4-P | PX 6.5

MG3 52 | S400

MG4 56 | S400

SM8 60 |S400

Phantom 5.5 

Z-star XV

I could part with one, see post #39...

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

I don't want to keep spamming the Odyssey Arm Lock thread, but mine arrived today. This is my first experience with any sort of arm lock putter, and it has been very interesting.

My immediate thought after hitting a few putts was... oh my god I hate this. It felt unnatural, forced, and weird. I think I LOOKED like I was doing it right, but it felt bizarre. Really, it was hard to even hold the putter correctly at all. Most importantly, it didn't feel like the putter was "locked" into anything.

However, I fiddled and fussed and within maybe 10 minutes I figured out some things and started to come around. Within an hour I was sold. Two hours later and I can't stop putting.

I think the key for me was realizing that I needed to kind of have some pressure pushing back on the shaft with my left arm. Also my right hand sort of pushes on my left. I'm not tense in any way, it's just a little bit of pressure holding things in place. This is what "locks" the putter into my arm. Once I figured that out, the rest fell into place. Just relax your shoulders, rock, and watch the ball go straight down the middle.

The obvious caveat here is that I'm putting on a 5-foot rug and not a green, and who knows how distance control will be, but getting the putt moving on a straight line is the most important thing, right?

The funny this is that I tried out my normal putter after a couple hours with the arm lock and the regular putter felt REALLY weird! Like it was just kind flopping around on the takeaway and through swing. Maybe I'm just mental.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5 deg.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

Ping Glide 3.0 54 & 60 deg.

Bettinardi BB-1W

So i was way in on arm lock and very committed to it but after hours and hours of technique practice and some good results, but... to be frank, I didn't think it was giving me any better results than what I was getting from a traditional putter.

In particular I cannot quite shake it, I have an awful tendency for the pulls with arm locking, it seems like I pull almost everything.

So I went back to a regular length putter, but with a change, the Stricker method. What he calls for is a firm left hand dominant stroke where he ulnar deviates "cups" his left wrist and grips the club in his palm rather than his fingers. Then you match the putter shaft to the angle of your forearms, hence his heel slightly off the ground. it provided a sense of "locking" that I had never felt before in a regular length putter. Guess it helps to listen to one of the best putters ever.

And, to my surprise without the hours of grinding or setup work with the arm lock I was hitting better putts in seriously about 3.5 minutes. Its hard to find the right balance where I was putting in a ton of work and seeing marginal results with arm lock, for a long time I thought I just needed time to get used to it but now i'm really not sure if its giving the proper results. Maybe not the "advantage" I was starting to feel I thought it was.

I’ve tried it too and got the same exact thing. Mostly just do not see the benefit. I guess if you flip the putter head shut maybe. My miss is a push usually alignment to begin with. Not the flips. That and I have never yet felt comfortable with one. It just doesn’t matchup to my arm angle wise. My forearms are popeye ish and if it’s in my forearm then my left wrist needs to be cupped to the max to grip the club. Super uncomfortable

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I don't want to keep spamming the Odyssey Arm Lock thread, but mine arrived today. This is my first experience with any sort of arm lock putter, and it has been very interesting.

My immediate thought after hitting a few putts was... oh my god I hate this. It felt unnatural, forced, and weird. I think I LOOKED like I was doing it right, but it felt bizarre. Really, it was hard to even hold the putter correctly at all. Most importantly, it didn't feel like the putter was "locked" into anything.

However, I fiddled and fussed and within maybe 10 minutes I figured out some things and started to come around. Within an hour I was sold. Two hours later and I can't stop putting.

I think the key for me was realizing that I needed to kind of have some pressure pushing back on the shaft with my left arm. Also my right hand sort of pushes on my left. I'm not tense in any way, it's just a little bit of pressure holding things in place. This is what "locks" the putter into my arm. Once I figured that out, the rest fell into place. Just relax your shoulders, rock, and watch the ball go straight down the middle.

The obvious caveat here is that I'm putting on a 5-foot rug and not a green, and who knows how distance control will be, but getting the putt moving on a straight line is the most important thing, right?

The funny this is that I tried out my normal putter after a couple hours with the arm lock and the regular putter felt REALLY weird! Like it was just kind flopping around on the takeaway and through swing. Maybe I'm just mental.

My left thumb is on the ridge of the opposite side of the grip putting pressure into my left arm like you said. I could hit one armed putts, not that it’d be great.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

Maine -

I've been following your journey into armlock in this and the other thread. I made the switch quite sometime ago after my aging body developed a right hand that had a mind of it's own while conventional putting. I refuse to use the "Y" word. Luckily for me, I live in the same town and have known Bryson's coach, Mike Schy, for over 20 years. I bought a 388 gram head Ping Ketcsh that was extended to 40" and had 7 degrees of loft.

There were a couple of adjustments that made the switch really fall into place. First was the grip. For me the more conventional grip was way to thin. I put a Superstroke 1.3 on and it was much better. My buddy has the Superstroke 1.7 on his and personally for me that was a bit to large. The second thing that made an even bigger different was when Mike spun it so that the flat side of the grip was against the inside of my left forearm. That really locked it in - pun intended.

Mike also worked with me on my set up position. I had to stand a touch taller and get a little closer to the ball to get my eyes a bit more over the ball. As a result the lie angle had to be a bit more upright. I really believe that this style of putting is more sensitive to loft/lie adjustments that any other.

The other thing I had to learn (it sounds like you have already figured this out) is there can be absolutely no hand/wrist movement during the stroke. If so, the shaft comes off of your forearm which defeats the while purpose. The only thing that moves the putter is rocking your shoulders. I too accomplished this by using my right hand to place a little pressure against the shaft so that it remains attached. The whole process seemed a little bit robotic at first. Also, for me distance control on long puts was an issue at first. I left them dreadfully short. It quickly went away after about a week of practice though.

For me this method of putting has produced some pretty good results. The line on my ball rolls tight end over end. I feel like the majority of the time I roll it right where I am looking. Now if I could only look in the right spot...

Titleist TSr 3 10°, Ventus Blue 6s
Titleist TSr 2 16.5°, Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 3, 4, 5 hybrid, Alta CB Black 70s

PXG 0317T 6-9, Mitsubishi MMT 80s
Vokey SM9 46°, 50°, 54° D, 60° T, Mitsubishi MMT 85s

L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max 35”, Accra

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I appreciate it. This morning I decided to give it a go again before work and it felt just like when the putter was new - the butt end was just kind of flopping around, not really locked into anything. I didn't despair, though, because I realize there's going to be an adjustment. A few minutes later I was back to that "locked in" feeling. I honestly can't describe it, but there are times where I just plain "get it" and it feels fantastic. I'm just going to have to keep working on it.

The grip is definitely the first thing I'm thinking about changing out on the Odyssey. It's a Winn 21-inch, and it's not very thick. I do think that a thicker grip would be helpful. I'm also intrigued by the flat side towards the target suggestion. I saw that Bryson's grip will be released to the public in April, so I'll probably jump on that. Rosemark also has a 17-inch grip that might work well too. I'm a huge fan of their regular grips.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

Bettinardi BB-1W

Maine,

kinda in the same boat as you, I also think a thicker grip helps, found a ss on the bay and waiting for it to come in, when I keep it anchored to my arm it rolls nicely but when you feel it get loose who knows where the ball is going

905t

steelhead xr heavenwood, 9 wood

eye2 becu

hoganardi baby ben currently

always hoing the next best thing

This grip has a very aggressive taper that helps and it takes some of the forward press out of the setup. The hole running thru the grip isn't centered. It is very heavy too.

https://www.amazon.com/Arm-Lock-Converter-Flap-Putter/dp/B07MTPTSWL/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1550854752&sr=8-5&keywords=armlock+putter+grip

This grip has a very aggressive taper that helps and it takes some of the forward press out of the setup. The hole running thru the grip isn't centered. It is very heavy too.

https://www.amazon.c...ock putter grip

I have had these grips and tried one personally when I owned my golf shop. As an previous and now off-and-on user of the armlock style, this grip was very intriguing. The built-in 2º added loft does help with set up, especially using putters that aren't specific AL's with the additional loft. The biggest problem with this grip... it weights about 400 grams!!! and completely changes the feel of the putter. That ended up being a deal breaker.

TSR3 10º Driver - LinQ M40X Blue 6F5     

TSR2 15º Fwy - LinQ M40X Blue 7F5     

TSR2 18º Hyb  - Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F5
T200 #4 @ 1º Weak - Modus 120X

T100 #5-P - Modus 120X

SM10 Raw 50.12F @ 51º, 56.12D, 60.08M @ 61º - Mouds 120X
Odyssey TEN - SuperStroke PIstol 2.0

Pro V1 

Literally every time I putt with this thing I like it more and I feel more confident. I actually don't think I need to alter the putter at all - I figured out a grip and stance that works and is easy to replicate.

Is it as comfortable as a regular putter? No, but the security blanket feeling of the arm lock more than makes up for it. A regular putter feels plain floppy and sloppy after using the arm lock.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

Bettinardi BB-1W

Going to give the armlock a go one more time. I have used the kuchar model 2 in the past with not much success but going to give it a go one more time but going more upright like Bryson with a matrix graphite shaft.

Ping G430 Max 10K 9* with VA Composites Nemesys 65s untipped

Taylormade Burner Mini 13.5* with Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6s tipped 1/2”

Ping G430 4 hybrid with Fujikura Ventus Blue Hybrid 10x untipped

Ping i530 5-P,U with Fujikura Axiom 125x 

Ping s159 wedges 50.5s, 55s, 59.5h with Fujikura Axiom 125x

Odyssey Ai One Milled Eight T S

2024 Callaway Tour 
Golf Pride Tour Velvet +1/64"
Ogio Silencer bag

Thing is pure! Curious how the shaft feels. Lots of flex with the graphite?

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

Thing is pure! Curious how the shaft feels. Lots of flex with the graphite?

It feels more flexible than the standard ski pole steel shaft but not to where it feels loose or out of control. I am waiting for a new jumbomax arm lock grip to come in to try. I have a winn flatso 17” on there now, but the jumbomax is a little heavier, so I will see how that works out.

Ping G430 Max 10K 9* with VA Composites Nemesys 65s untipped

Taylormade Burner Mini 13.5* with Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6s tipped 1/2”

Ping G430 4 hybrid with Fujikura Ventus Blue Hybrid 10x untipped

Ping i530 5-P,U with Fujikura Axiom 125x 

Ping s159 wedges 50.5s, 55s, 59.5h with Fujikura Axiom 125x

Odyssey Ai One Milled Eight T S

2024 Callaway Tour 
Golf Pride Tour Velvet +1/64"
Ogio Silencer bag

• 2 weeks later...

I'm curious about trying an arm lock putter but I'm a lefty and a lefty arm lock putter might be harder to find than a literal unicorn.

I guess I'll have to build my own then, so what are some heads I should look out for that I can bend to the proper loft?

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

I'm curious about trying an arm lock putter but I'm a lefty and a lefty arm lock putter might be harder to find than a literal unicorn.

I guess I'll have to build my own then, so what are some heads I should look out for that I can bend to the proper loft?

You need to find heavier heads that either have a spud neck or plumbers neck. You don't want to try to bend a hosel design in where the shaft is bonded straight into the head; its possible but more difficult. I've made a few Odyssey Tank #7's into armlocks by extending the shaft to playing length, regripping with grip of choice, and having about 2º of loft added to the putter head by bending the shaft forward.

TSR3 10º Driver - LinQ M40X Blue 6F5     

TSR2 15º Fwy - LinQ M40X Blue 7F5     

TSR2 18º Hyb  - Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F5
T200 #4 @ 1º Weak - Modus 120X

T100 #5-P - Modus 120X

SM10 Raw 50.12F @ 51º, 56.12D, 60.08M @ 61º - Mouds 120X
Odyssey TEN - SuperStroke PIstol 2.0

Pro V1 

I'm curious about trying an arm lock putter but I'm a lefty and a lefty arm lock putter might be harder to find than a literal unicorn. I guess I'll have to build my own then, so what are some heads I should look out for that I can bend to the proper loft?
You need to find heavier heads that either have a spud neck or plumbers neck. You don't want to try to bend a hosel design in where the shaft is bonded straight into the head; its possible but more difficult. I've made a few Odyssey Tank #7's into armlocks by extending the shaft to playing length, regripping with grip of choice, and having about 2º of loft added to the putter head by bending the shaft forward.

Thanks the neck type will be easy to find just one with a lot of weight. I could use an Odyssey Tank but I don't like the feel of Odyssey putters.

I'll check online and local pages to see if I can find something.

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

anyone gone with a shorter version? I usually play 31-32" putter picked up a model 1 that was cut down to 34 i'm thinking 36-37 would be perfect, I also have popeye forearms and find shorter putter can lock in just below the forearm

905t

steelhead xr heavenwood, 9 wood

eye2 becu

hoganardi baby ben currently

always hoing the next best thing