MEMBER REVIEWS: Golf Pride TOUR SNSR Contour Pro! Read What Members Are Saying!

Another pic for comparison. The SS grip on the Tank above is a Mid Slim 2.0. The other grip (not previously) shown is a mid-size Bocceri Secret Grip. As you can see from the overhead, the SS is by far the smallest, the SNSR, the largest. Both the SNSR and the Secret Grip are tapered, the Odyssey is not.

Titleist TSR3, w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue with Xlink Tech 65
Titleist 915Fd, w/Aldila Rogue Black 80-2.8-S
19* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85

24* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 6-P, w/UST Recoil 95 F4
Callaway 52* MD5 JAWS S Grind
Callaway 58* PM Grind 19
T.P. Mills Professional Series Klassic/Odyssey O Works Tank #7

My Three Amigos:

Callaway 58* PM Grind 19

Had the opportunity to take my SNSR into the HD sim today. Obviously not a perfect place to test a putter’s performance, but as is the case with some of the other testers, outdoor/“real” putting just isn’t an option for me right now. Did not have my O-Works with me, so it wasn’t a true shootout, but I will say it took almost no time for the SNSR to find a happy place in my hands. (I wear an XL golf glove.) As described above, the SNSR has a much larger cross section at the butt end, but with the taper, I was able to easily slide down into a position that was very comfortable. I naturally grip down on my O-Works, so in terms of setup and stance, that was no issues at all.

The feel with the SNSR is soft, as advertised, but not so soft as to lose touch; in fact, I would put it right there with the SS grip on the O-Works. Weight-wise, gripping down, there is a definite sense of counter-balance (which I like), with the material above the hands. Without gripping down, I did have a hard time feeling the clubhead, but I think that could be easily addressed with tip weight or lead tape, for golfers with a more upright stance.

So for now, I’d say my initial impressions are favorable. I do love my O-Works, but as the weather warms up, I will take the SNSR out onto the course and see what happens in the real world.

Callaway 58* PM Grind 19

Anyone not receive yet ?

I’ve been checking the mail and nothing yet. Or are these shipping Ups or FedEx ?

Ping G430 Max 10.5 Tensei Orange AV Raw 55 Reg

Ping G430 SFT 5w 19* Alta Black Reg

Ping G430 SFT 7w 23* Alta Black Reg

Tour Edge Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design G-Series Reg

Ping G425 6-UW Alta Slate Reg

Ping Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* DG Spinner

Cleveland Smart Sole C 4.0 

Ping 2023 Anser D

Handicap: 8.2

UPS also. Got an email a few days before.

Titleist TSi2 9° - Mitsubishi Tensei White 60 X

Ping G400 14.5° - Matrix Black tie 7M3 SG

Ping G400 17.5° - Aldila HM-40 Tour Gold Tour 95 S

Titleist 818 H1 22° - Aldila NV 95 X

Callaway Rogue Pro 4-PW - True Temper XP 95 ST15 S300 (Black)

Vanilla Wedge 50°, 55°, & 60° - KBS 610 Wedge S

Scotty Cameron Golo s5 34"

Member of #teamjetspeed - December 2013

Those of you with the 104cc, is this grip similar in size to the SS pistol gt 2.0 or is it a larger grip, any side by side pics thanks.

Titleist TSR 3 9.0 Ventus TR Black 6S
Titleist TSI 3 15 Ventus Velocore black 7S
Titleist TSI 19 Ventus Velocore 85X
Titleist T100s 5-P Modus 105
Tileist T100s 49 SM8 5812
2020 Scotty Cameron NP2 LaGolf

2022 Scotty Cameron X 7.5 Stability Tour
Titleist Pro V1X
Dos Equis Lager
Balls deep, Boom

Wow, I'm surprised they went softer with the new grips. I have the 104cc in the original red/yellow. I love the contours of the grip and the way it sits in my hands but I hate the color, the squishy-ness of it and the weight of it. It always feels like I'm holding a marshmallow.

I was really hoping these grey/black ones would be firmer and lighter weight.

Looking forward to more reviews. Thank you testers!

FWIW - Contour Pro is not any softer than the previous two TOUR SNSR models - it's the same durometer (firmness).

Those of you with the 104cc, is this grip similar in size to the SS pistol gt 2.0 or is it a larger grip, any side by side pics thanks.

So I just got mine last night and haven't had time to put it on yet. Here is a couple of pics with the grip next to a SS pistol gt 1.0. I would say it is similar in size to the 1.0, here is some pics.

917 D3 8.5 Xphlexx Agera Orange RF Proto
SLDR Mini 12 Evo Speeder TS 757x
SLDR Mini 15.8 Rogue Black 110 80TX
Srixon 765 4-6 PX LZ 6.0
Srixon 965 7-PW PX LZ 6.0
Mizuno T7 50 PX LZ 6.0
Vokey TVD 54V & 58V
Bettinardi Studio Stock 14 or Odyssey O-works 7

Had mine outside for the first time today. Right now, the greens are winter-stressed and virtually un-puttable, so not really a fair test of any putter. But I will say that the more in-hand time my SNSR gets, the more natural and comfortable it feels. Again, I have fairly large hands (XL glove), but gripping down on the 140cc just feels like it “fits”...encouraging.

Callaway 58* PM Grind 19

I have received mine. Now I am just waiting for my putter to come in. I don't want to put it on my Reno from Directed Force. It has the press grip on it and I don't like the idea of changing out those grips.

I'll say, initial looks is that over a slightly inflated and softer PP58. Lot more rubber around the grip. I have the 104CC but, things are already looking way up. Stand by for a review hopefully by Sunday.

Finally able to post some pictures and comparisons. I currently have the pistol gtr tour on one putter, and flatso 2.0 on the other and have gotten really used to them. Prior, I had a golf pride tour tradition and always loved the feel, but like a lot of others I have gotten used to the bigger grips.

I received the 104cc grip, and as you can see from my pictures, is inbetween the gtr tour and flatso 2.0 which was exactly what I was hoping for. I was intrigued by last year’s snsr grips but was offput by the colors so I never tried them, but this year’s black and grey looks awesome so no complaints there. My iniitial thoughts are that the grip at impact feels great! Definitely reminded of my tour tradition grip in the bigger package that I’ve become used to. Not as good as a tour tradition, but definitely better than my superstrokes.

The one difference I’ve had a little trouble with so far is getting used to a tapered grip again. I’ve gotten very comfortable with the no taper grips so I’m curious to see if I will get used to the taper again. I like everything else about the grip. It is soft, but I wouldn’t say too soft. I wouldn’t mind if it were a bit more firm like others have mentioned. Here are a few pics. I will post some more updates as I use it more

Stealth 2+ 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6x
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15* - Ventus TR Blue 7x
Taylormade Stealth UDI 3 iron - X100
Taylormade P770 4-5 iron - X100

Taylormade P7MC 6-pw - X100
Taylormade MG3 - 50 SB, 56 SB, 60 LB
Taylormade Juno TP long neck

Custom 1/1 Rory Nike Oven proto 006, Oven Method Matter B2/01

UPS also. Got an email a few days before.

Hmm. No grip yet or email from UPS

Ping G430 Max 10.5 Tensei Orange AV Raw 55 Reg

Ping G430 SFT 5w 19* Alta Black Reg

Ping G430 SFT 7w 23* Alta Black Reg

Tour Edge Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design G-Series Reg

Ping G425 6-UW Alta Slate Reg

Ping Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* DG Spinner

Cleveland Smart Sole C 4.0 

Ping 2023 Anser D

Handicap: 8.2

First, thank you to Golf Pride and Golfwrx for the opportunity to participate in the SNSR Contour Pro Testing. The weather hasn’t been great, but made time yesterday to go to my club to putt on a real green vs. inside. I’ve provided pictures of the different grips on my current putter collection over the last 5 years or so I believe.

A little about myself. I’m currently a 3 cap and above average putter. Inside 10ft is where I would need to practice more to be a great putter. Last season, 95% of the season I putted with an Edel round grip playing 1-2 times a week. Prior to that, alternated between putters/grips over the prior seasons and have always liked the pistol grip feel. I tried an Edel round grip (100 grams) last season. I stuck with it because I got the best results. Must say, it really grew on me. I putt with an overlap grip. I have putted left hand low at various points and think is a good way to putt too for me. The last 2 putters I’ve purchased in last couple of years I got them more upright than in the past, which I think has beneficial.

Impression of the grip: In regards to the SNSR Contour Pro it is a great grip. I could certainly play it and enjoy it. The 104cc grip (90 grams) is the one I received. The best part for me about this grip it fits very well in my hands for the way I grip the putter. Maintaining consistent pressure seems easy with this grip too. Yes, as many others has stated it is on the soft side compared to what I’m currently using. It didn’t bother me and I could get used to it.

Putter grips seem to be a very personal preference thing in my opinion. Part of the equation is about being comfortable. Alignment and repeatability is also big part of the equation.

Would I recommend this grip if you’re looking for pistol shape with quality feedback. Absolutely! That said, I don’t know if I will abandon my Edel round grip. I would need more evidence it I would make sense. I will put some more practice in the SNSR and happy to post again in the thread with any additional insights. Any questions happy to answer those too. Thankful for GolfWRX and all the people who post good info on site. Thanks again for the opportunity to test this grip.

I got mine in yesterday 104cc and installed it this morning. I love the way it looks and sits in my hand. As others have stated, on first impression it feels very squishy and soft. However, my control was spot on and with a few strokes, I started enjoying it on my Bettinardi QBee9. The beat way I can describe it is this. It feels like a pingman grip if you added size to the diameter. If you like the pingman putter grip but want a little more size to it. Give the 104cc a try! I am playing a tournament on Saturday (poss with rain) and I will follow up on my thoughts. Feel free to ask any questions.

Updated my first post with my early thoughts on the grip.

Srixon 765 4-6 PX LZ 6.0
Mizuno T7 50 PX LZ 6.0
Vokey TVD 54V & 58V

Introduction:

My hand size is a Cadet Small / Small Men depending on brand. I like the smaller sized grips. I have a history with both other Golf Pride Tour SNSR Contour and Straight, as well on both mallet and blade style putters. It is safe to say, my grip of choice regardless mallet or blade putter is PP58 or SC Pistolini or SC Pistolero. Those are my ideal / favorited putter grips.

***For the regards of this review, I’ll put the 104CC Tour SNSR Contour Pro against my ideal gamer of the PP58***

Feel: Upper part of the grip is very rounded and nicely contoured. The angles on the bottom of the grip, where you would put lower preferred hand are not sharp, but they aren’t exactly rounded. The rubber is soft and tacky.

Feedback: The grip has a lot of rubber around it but, surprisingly, there is a good deal of feedback. It’s nowhere near as muffled as many of the Superstrokes but, it’s not as responsive as a traditional Pistolini / lero grip. I think this was the biggest surprise of all.

Size: 104CC version is basically a thicker version of a PP58. Little bit of different coloring / textures and softness in spots but, that’s how it feels to me. Very natural shape which I do prefer and think is ideal for a lot of golfers out there. The weight of the grip is about 90 Grams whereas my preferred grip normally weighs around 56ish grams. This can change the feel of the head being heavier or lighter compared to your previous grip which, in turn will promote a little adjustment in timing and might make you add weight to the head.

Use / Grip Style: Regardless of your putting style of conventional, reverse handed, prayer, “pencil holder”, claw, whatever, it seems like a good grip to use this on. There is taper which will accommodate your setup.

Finish / Superficial Notes: The grip is quality. Golf Pride makes quality. My only qualms lie with the colors. I have never been a fan of Grey nor the finish of the Red or Blue in the other SNSR models. They don’t look appealing in my personal opinion but, this is again, all nit picky. Make this in a solid black, take away the yellow / neon and I think you'd have a little more sales.

On Course: No problems adjusting to the grip for me. Scoring didn’t seem to change. The grip maintained it’s tack quite well though a few rounds of 9. No wear was shown and quality stayed. Obviously, as time goes on, a grip will break down and really transition into a more comfortably worn tool.

Overall: I am a fan. The grip really is like a larger PP58 which, I do enjoy. I would recommend it for Mallet / larger headed putters as it might make a blade putter feel too light (Tour SNSR Contour 104CC on my Newport 2 was a horrible experiment). This grip is an excellent alternative to the larger style grips you see out there. It’s very comfortable and complete quality.

Retail: $27 - $30 I believe which isn't bad.

Overall: 4/5

Postives:

-Feel

-Quality

-Base design is very familiar feeling to slightly inflated traditional pistol styled grips

-Tack level / stickiness stayed

-Ability of use with multiple style grip holds

Negatives:

-Colors just aren’t that appealing

-Very few pros that you know use this model or other SNSR models

-The grip might change your swing weight

Want to thank Golf Pride and GolfWRX for the opportunity to test and review. Was out of town this past week and didn't get the chance to grab the mail and the grip until this weekend...

Background: I'm a 3-5 HDCP golfer with putting being one of the worst parts of my game. I've gone from blades to mallets and back again, and all kinds of grips. I also have small hands (glove size is Medium or Med/Small).

Grips I've also gamed over the years:

Pingman PP58 Standard

SuperStroke Slim 3.0

SuperStroke GT 1.0

Lamkin Crossline

Lamkin Deep Etched Midsize

Winn Pro X 1.32"

Best Grips Major Leaguer Leather Paddle

Best Grips Rancher Leather Paddle

Golf Pride Tour SNSR Straight 104cc

I originally was a big fan of paddle and no-taper grips because I have an odd putting grip (both index fingers straight down the sides of the grip), and I felt like the no taper/paddle grips made me less handsy and less prone to rotating my hands thru the putt to alter the face. However, I've noticed over the past year or so that the larger grips and the paddle grips both accentuate my common miss (a push left, I'm a southpaw). With my small arc stroke, pistol grips are showing that they're helping.

I'm also not a big fan of heavy grips as I feel like I lose some feeling, especially with lighter putters (context: I play primarily public and muni courses, so I'm used to slower greens which is why I like heavier putters. I also tend to get really wristy when I'm not putting well so I feel like heavier putters help there too). I originally had the Golf Pride Tour SNSR Straight 104cc on my Cleveland HB1, replacing the stock Winn Pro X 1.32" which I thought was too big. The problem I encountered with the SNSR Straight was that the HB1 was already light for my liking (345g, I'm a fan of 350g+) and I felt like I had trouble making a consistent stroke with the 90g/104cc Tour SNSR Straight.

Current gamers (depending on the day):

Spider Tour Red 34" / Winn Medalist Pistol

Cleveland Huntington Beach 1 35" / Pingman PP58 Standard

Bettinardi 2014 BB1 34" / Bettinardi Midsize Pistol (Lamkin)

Bettinardi 2016 BB1 34" / Golf Pride Tour SNSR Countour Pro 104cc

REVIEW: So I had a chance to roll some putts at home the last few days (living in DC so it's going to be a few weeks before I get back out on the course...thanks winter). I put the 104cc on my 350g Betti and I'm liking it so far. Not as soft/squishy as the original Tour SNSRs, which I'm happy about, but still has some give. As I mentioned earlier, I'm not the biggest fan of +60g grips, but with the heavier Betti head I feel like this combo could work. Felt like I wasn't having to manipulate the face with my hands and my stroke wasn't getting wristy. My putting green at home is only about 8 feet long, but of the 70-80 putts I rolled, my only few misses were right (pull for me) which I'm completely okay with. In terms of size, the 104cc is about at the maximum end of the spectrum in terms of grips I would game (no longer a bigger grip fan). The quality of Golf Pride grips are always top notch. But I have never been a fan of all of the SNSRs color schemes (particularly the yellow accents and end cap). At least the grey/black is more subtle than the originals and goes well with my silver shafted Betti. Can't wait to take it on the course. Will update review once I get out a play with it...

STEALTH 2 Tour AD DI 6X //  SIM Oban Devotion 65-04 //  699 v2 MMT105s //  JB Full Groove MMT105w //  TOULON ATLANTA //  Vice Pro+

I have been a SNSR Contour user for two seasons. I like the feel of a pistol grip and my hand grip requires a fair size flat spot on the top of the grip. The SNSR fit both of these parameters not to mention the great soft feel of the SNSR compound. Like many others, I was not to keen on the color scheme Golf Pride offered. When I saw the new Grey Pro model I knew I had to give it a go. I was lucky enough to have been drawn a winner of the new SNRS Pro. My anxiously awaited SNSR grip arrived late last week and despite the rainy weekend I was able to remove the Contour from my Ping Redwood and slip on the SNSR Pro. The Pro has the same great feel of the Contour with a few tweaks. The Pro has less of a pistol butt end, has a fuller mid section and more taper in the bottom 1/3 of the grip. In use, my first impression was that the top end of these grips are very similar and I did not miss the smaller pistol section of the Pro. My hands really liked the fuller feeling of the mid section of the grip. The bottom 1/3 reduced tapper was not noticeable at all to me. I think I see another SNRS Pro in my future ! If you have not tried one of the SNRS grips due to the previous colors offered now is your time. Thanks for the opportunity WRX and Golf Pride. For comparisons to other grips I have listed measurements at 2" intervals

Butt Contour 1.10"W 1.37D Pro 1.10W 1.27D

2" Contour 1.03W 1.10D Pro 1.03 W 1.13D

4" Contour 1.00W .97D Pro 1.00W 1.11D

6" Contour 1.00W .94D Pro .97W 1.08D

8" Contour .96W .87D Pro .89W .97D

9.5" Contour .88W .80D Pro .78W .80D

The more I mess around and use the grip the more I am liking it. The feedback is much better than the superstroke for me. I’ve pretty much forgotten about it feelin really soft already. The last thing for me is getting used to the heavier club weight and it being tapered, which are important so I’m still unsure if it stays. It is definitely getting better the more I get used to it

Stealth 2+ 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6x
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15* - Ventus TR Blue 7x
Taylormade Stealth UDI 3 iron - X100
Taylormade P770 4-5 iron - X100

Taylormade P7MC 6-pw - X100
Taylormade MG3 - 50 SB, 56 SB, 60 LB
Taylormade Juno TP long neck

Custom 1/1 Rory Nike Oven proto 006, Oven Method Matter B2/01

Was looking to replace my SC medium Matador on my 34” SC 6M with something slightly heavier to decrease the effective swingweight just a touch when i came across the SNSR Contour Pro. Being intrigued and curious, I ordered one of these last night. My main question is, how does this grip feel for those who putt cross handed left hand low? My occasional miss with the Matador is a slight pull so I am hoping with the chunker mid section, it will help alleviate that.

About half way done with my review, and I am loving it so far. Wish i could get on a real green, but all this snow really isn't helping matters. Going to get another session or 2 in before I finalize.

Titleist TSi2 9° - Mitsubishi Tensei White 60 X

Ping G400 14.5° - Matrix Black tie 7M3 SG

Ping G400 17.5° - Aldila HM-40 Tour Gold Tour 95 S

Titleist 818 H1 22° - Aldila NV 95 X

Callaway Rogue Pro 4-PW - True Temper XP 95 ST15 S300 (Black)

Vanilla Wedge 50°, 55°, & 60° - KBS 610 Wedge S

Scotty Cameron Golo s5 34"

Member of #teamjetspeed - December 2013

Was looking to replace my SC medium Matador on my 34” SC 6M with something slightly heavier to decrease the effective swingweight just a touch when i came across the SNSR Contour Pro. Being intrigued and curious, I ordered one of these last night. My main question is, how does this grip feel for those who putt cross handed left hand low? My occasional miss with the Matador is a slight pull so I am hoping with the chunker mid section, it will help alleviate that.

I putt cross handed with left hand low and I have really liked the feel of the SNSR contour pro. I have been testing against a super stroke pistol gtr 1.0 and an iomic absolute grip. The SNSR is tapered which I like over the non tapered gtr 1.0. Against the iomic it has more area to it for the lower hand so I don't seem to get the sense of my lower hand taking over the stroke. I notice when I pull a putt it is when my lower hand takes over or gets stronger. Unfortunately I have not been able to putt anywhere other than in the house. I do think you will like this grip based on what you described you were looking for.

Srixon 765 4-6 PX LZ 6.0
Mizuno T7 50 PX LZ 6.0
Vokey TVD 54V & 58V