New Titleist TS drivers

LifeAfterBogeys

Hit the TS2 and had great numbers compared to my 917. Really want to try the F9 and see how that stacks up before I put an order in.
For me the TS2 was in the running for a while against the 190 and F9. I ended up going with the F9 just due to dispersion and ball speed consistency on mishits.
I keep seeing the F9 getting great ball speed numbers in all the reviews. How much difference did you see between the TS2 and F9?

For my swing, it was typically between 4-5 mph from centered to mishits. The carry distance was still relatively close, but that's when dispersion kicked in as the deciding factor. You can't go wrong with basically anything out there right now.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

Anyone wondering how the TS3 stacks against the F9 when both are properly fitted and tested at the same time should watch TXG video from today. Spoiler* they both were within a half of mph ball speed

Titleist TS3, 9.5, Ventus Blue 6x
Titleist TS2, 15, AD DI 8
Callaway xforged utility 18, AD DI 105
Taylormade p770 4-pw, Project X 
Titleist Vokey 50,54,58 Project X 
Scotty Cameron Studio Style GSS Newport 2

Anyone have any experience with the Japanese TS3 offering with the Tour AD VR shaft. It looks gorgeous.

Callaway Paradym TD 9, Autoflex 505.
TM Stealth Plus 5W, Hzrdous Smoke Red 5.5

TSR2 7 wood, Ventus TR 6S.
Paradym X 5 hybrid, Ventus 7S.

Paradym X 6 hybrid, Ventus 7S.
PXG Gen4 0311ST, 7 to GW. Steelfiber Private Reserve 95R.
Artisan 54, 58. KBS TGI 90.

Callaway PM grind 64, KBS Hi-rev.
Odyssey 2 Balls Armlock.  Vessel Player 3 Stand Bag.

Anyone wondering how the TS3 stacks against the F9 when both are properly fitted and tested at the same time should watch TXG video from today. Spoiler* they both were within a half of mph ball speed

I've tested both fairly extensively and the difference was negligible...I really liked the cobra which was a surprise to me, found the head weight slightly heavier, looks pretty good and it produced a higher launch and it had the highest ball speed of the two...but like I said it was very minimal (less than 1 mph overall).

I ended up going with the TS3, the weight, the look, the sound, it checked every box for me, and the performance was great. The adjustability on the TS3 is a huge benefit for better players looking to dial in there ball flight...for me my miss is closer to the heel, with the adjustable CG you can put more weight behind the heal which especially moves the sweet spot...I'm likely paraphrasing the actual effect but you can get the jyst. My dispersion and consistency with this club is the best its been in years...going from Titleist 913 (which I loved), to the Epic (short stint), to a Tour Issue M1 (which was better than the ladder) and finally back to Titleist TS3...couldn't be happier!

"Take er' deep"

I have a Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S and my buddy has the Atmos Patriot 7S. We're both pretty happy with em, although I just tried a Graphite Designs MAD 75 and might be sticking with that for a little bit.

Thanks, I'm using the AD TP in 6S right now and may switch out to Evo 757., Over last 5 years it's either AD or Fugi and I like both but Fugi's prove to be more compatible to my swing. The TS3 has caught my eye and my Mizuno MP is great but the AD in a 7 series might have been a better choice for that. So I may hoe a TS3 and re-shaft the MP.

TS3 on the way to battle it out with my F9. Been wanting to try them since they came out last year. Such a good release from Titleist after a couple cycles of lackluster drivers.

Has anyone tried the cylinder weights from eBay? Some of the same sellers that I get adapters from have the weights for much better prices than the “real” ones, just wondering if it’s really worth tinkering.

TS3 on the way to battle it out with my F9. Been wanting to try them since they came out last year. Such a good release from Titleist after a couple cycles of lackluster drivers.

Has anyone tried the cylinder weights from eBay? Some of the same sellers that I get adapters from have the weights for much better prices than the "real" ones, just wondering if it's really worth tinkering.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts, keep us posted

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Tour Edge Exotics C722
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix

Has anyone tried the cylinder weights from eBay? Some of the same sellers that I get adapters from have the weights for much better prices than the "real" ones, just wondering if it's really worth tinkering.

I was trying to find real ones locally and could not. Is this another Titleist aspect you have to get them directly from Titleist?

Can anyone comment about the stock Tensei in this head? I hit a number of shaft offerings in the simulator yesterday and got really good numbers with this shaft. On paper, it wouldn’t seem to be a good fit for me, but it had the best ball speed, spin, and carry numbers of the shafts I hit (basically all of the stock offerings in stiff and extra stiff). for the sake of context, I use KBS Tour 130x in the irons and wedges, but the Tensei shaft in stiff flex was really good for me on the launch monitor. I won’t have an opportunity to hit the club outside.

I am using a Ping Tour 65 stiff in my current driver with great success. Thinking of picking up a TS3/Tensei. Any reason to be concerned with the shaft?

I was fit by Titleist a for TS3 with a Tensi Blue Stiff. I used it for about 6 rounds before I had it stolen from me. I absolutely loved it.

I went to Play it Again Sports the other day and found an old 905t for 29.99. Has a nice speeder Fuji stuff shaft. Took it out today for the first time and was very pleasantly surprised. Hit some very long drives, comparable to the distance I was getting out of my TS3, but my misses were more punishing. Still a heck of a find for 29.99.

I think I’ll use it until I find a good deal on another TS3.

Can anyone comment about the stock Tensei in this head? I hit a number of shaft offerings in the simulator yesterday and got really good numbers with this shaft. On paper, it wouldn't seem to be a good fit for me, but it had the best ball speed, spin, and carry numbers of the shafts I hit (basically all of the stock offerings in stiff and extra stiff). for the sake of context, I use KBS Tour 130x in the irons and wedges, but the Tensei shaft in stiff flex was really good for me on the launch monitor. I won't have an opportunity to hit the club outside.

I am using a Ping Tour 65 stiff in my current driver with great success. Thinking of picking up a TS3/Tensei. Any reason to be concerned with the shaft?

I have the Tensi Blue but in 65 gram not the 55 one on the shelf. WORKS GREAT. I tried it vs the PRO BLUE and nothing in difference. You can order the 65 Blue Tensi (non pro) with no upcharge. 65X is what I got.

Went back to PGA SS to do a second driver fitting, swing was better and hitting a little push draw.

Testing the F9, M5, Ping LST, TS2, and TS3.

With my swing being more consistent, TS 2 10.5 head with Tensei Blue AV is the winner, it is more forgiving than TS3 and also the TS drivers are more consistent and spin less than F9, really want the F9 but in the end the TS2 looks better, spin less, more consistent and the ball speed is right there with the F9.

Ended up ordering the "tour length" 44.5 TS2 driver, titleist is going to put custom weight to the head and make it play at D2. :taunt:

Hi, I'm in the market for a new driver. I'm hearing good things about the new TS2&3

Currently using a 915D3 with a custom shaft and I have a couple of questions.

Is it reasonable to reuse my old shaft in the new driver? Does anyone know if the head weight is the same from 915D3 -> TS2 or 3?

My goal would be to have a similar feeling club (I like my existing setup) and get the benefits of the new club head.

I'm thinking if the head weight is the same, the club should feel and swing similarly.

I can tell you that I was fitted for a TS3 and then had it stolen. Pick up a 915 really cheap and used it for a short period before I started looking for another TS3. The feel of the TS3 compared to the 915 is night and day different. The sound of the TS3 is waaaay better than the 915. And most importantly the consistency of the TS3 is much much better.

Hi, I'm in the market for a new driver. I'm hearing good things about the new TS2&3

Is it reasonable to reuse my old shaft in the new driver? Does anyone know if the head weight is the same from 915D3 -> TS2 or 3?

My goal would be to have a similar feeling club (I like my existing setup) and get the benefits of the new club head.

I'm thinking if the head weight is the same, the club should feel and swing similarly.

I think the TS head will be lighter than the 915 D3.

I can tell you that I was fitted for a TS3 and then had it stolen. Pick up a 915 really cheap and used it for a short period before I started looking for another TS3. The feel of the TS3 compared to the 915 is night and day different. The sound of the TS3 is waaaay better than the 915. And most importantly the consistency of the TS3 is much much better.

Sorry about your club getting stolen, makes me angry just hearing about stuff like this. Anyways, did your replacement 915 have a similar shaft? In my opinion that can make as much or more different in club feel and performance.

Although reading through this thread kind of feels like getting custom fitted is the best option. I'm just not too keen on getting fitted to a shaft that could double the cost of the golf club while I'm quite happy with my current shaft.

I think the TS head will be lighter than the 915 D3.

Yeah that's what I'm worried about. I used the same shaft in the 913 and 915 and the feel was very similar. Tried it in a friends 917 and quite frankly it was not a good experience. Probably a custom fitting is the best option.

I will suggest to pick the head first, then fine tune with the shaft.

With all these clubs being stolen, is it time to put generic head covers on like we did back in the day when SC putters went missing?! Sad days we live in when we can't trust our fellow man!? :to_become_senile:

Ping Hoofer Lite

TM Qi10 10.5*

TM Qi10 4/7W

Mizuno 243 5-GW

Mizuno T24 54/S, 58/D

Mizuno OMOI #2

Mizuno RB Tour

Super Bowl LII Champions Fly Eagles Fly! 🦅

With all these clubs being stolen, is it time to put generic head covers on like we did back in the day when SC putters went missing?! Sad days we live in when we can't trust our fellow man!? :to_become_senile:

If you play much public golf generic head covers are a very good idea. No reason to advertise to the thieves.

TS2 has been in the bag since the end of last season... Don't see anything kicking it out. Typically Taylormade or Callaway will have a driver out there that you're giving up 5-10 yards if you go Titleist... But not this year. The TS drivers are right up there with the big boys! They haven't sacrificed any of the feel or looks to attain this either.

TSr2 10 Tensei Blue 65

TSr2 15 Tensei Blue 75

TSr2 21 Tensei Blue 75

Black T100.S 4-P LZ 6.0

Black SM9 48.10.F, 54.10.S, 62.08.M

Jet Set Newport 2 

• 2 months later...

Curious everyone's thoughts on the unicorn setting for the TS2 hosel settings. I know it is relative to swing, shaft, etc. But want to try out different settings and I am all ears....Have had success with the C4 and A2 settings. A2 produced a nice baby draw and the C4 was a high cut.

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

tab30owjx513.jpg

Just got a new tow to play with. Old head weight was 193grams. Stock weight was 12 grams. Swapped out with the 18gr neutral weight from my 917d2 and put the diamana on it. Will play it this weekend without any practice time. I'll put the evenflow in when I cut it down to play at 44 3/4". Also picked up the head cover on Ebay. They look awsome.

Taylormade Sim 9.0° Diamana ZF 60 stiff

Taylormade Sim Ti 15° Diamana ZF 70 stiff

Cobra F7 4-5 Ti 18.5° Diamana Kai'li 80 stiff

Ping G25 Hybrid 23° Kbs C-Taper Lite stiff 

Bridgestone Tour-B X-CB 5-PW Project X LZ 6.0

Cobra MiM Black 50°v, 56°v, 60°w Kbs Hi-REV 2.0 125 stiff 

Maltby Ptm-1

Srixon Z-Star 

Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

Bagboy Nitron