2019 Callaway Apex & Apex Pro Iron Pics

easyyy

Can the Apex Pro 19 irons come with a Project X LZ 105 shaft?

That is the shaft that was in the demo at PGATSS and I loved the weight and feel of the shaft (not to mention the ideal numbers I was getting)

I ask because when I look on the Callaway custom order catalog there is a notation that says "Available in Parrallel Tip Only"

I've heard of parrallel tip vs taper tip but I don't really know what that means, nor do I know which one the Apex Pro 19 irons are.

Any help is appreciated!

I'm configuring a set right now online and under the PX shafts that is the first shaft that came up.

I have had my combo set for a few weeks now. Modus 120 S hard stepped. After a little tweaking to get the gaps right I am really liking them. The turf interaction is really good and this is what I was hoping to improve over my 790s. I think the distances are pretty comparable too. Its been cold or raining or both so I have only had the chance to get numbers inside but the carry numbers are almost identical. I was surprised at how easy the standard 4 through 7 are to work both ways. I expected the maneuverability with the pros but not as much with the CF19. Once I verify the numbers are just as good outside, the 790s will be ready to hit the road. I have about 7 rounds in with them so far and the on course performance has been really good. Now if only I could putt.

What did you do to tweak gaps?

Anybody take a wager how durable the smoke finish will be? My ping's have proven to hold up decent but my old Cobra Trusty's got wrecked in just one season. With the higher premium Cally wants for this finish... I'd only throw down that kind of money if I knew it would hold up for years.

I asked Harry on Twitter the other day about it. He had one of their technical guys chime in. Some new process makes it more durable. He showed us pictures of his wedge that he had been using for about a month and a half and it looked fantastic

Possible to post the pic of the smoke wedge here or PM me with it? Thanks! Super curious. I have a combo set on order and debating if I want to change them to smoke.

My smoke irons came this afternoon. These babies are gangster as f!!!!

Callaway hits a home run

Pics or you've let us all down.

I'll snap some when I get home. I called into the hospital on my day off.

Because the irons were so hot you burned yourself? Hope you feel better.

Ha ha not sick I work in hospital. I’m a lab tech

Those are so sick oh my gawdddddd. Hopefully that black finish doesn't alter the feel in any way... the chrome finish is probably the nicest feeling iron I've ever hit and that's coming from a guy who's hit all the latest forged clubs, plus Ive gamed MP-54's and now Miura CB's. I will say.... puring my Miura bladed PW or 9i is pretty much the bees knees... there's little to no forgiveness as far as feel goes. You either pure it and pure nirvana commences, or you miss the center even by 2mm and it feels meh. I feel like the AP19's felt incredible on centers, but still very good all over the face, even on slightly thin hits, which will actually make you want to rip your hands off when done using my current clubs.

I thinned one a little bit during my round in December in 40* temps and I had to look down after to make sure my hands hadn't actually shattered.

Those are so sick oh my gawdddddd. Hopefully that black finish doesn't alter the feel in any way... the chrome finish is probably the nicest feeling iron I've ever hit and that's coming from a guy who's hit all the latest forged clubs, plus Ive gamed MP-54's and now Miura CB's. I will say.... puring my Miura bladed PW or 9i is pretty much the bees knees... there's little to no forgiveness as far as feel goes. You either pure it and pure nirvana commences, or you miss the center even by 2mm and it feels meh. I feel like the AP19's felt incredible on centers, but still very good all over the face, even on slightly thin hits, which will actually make you want to rip your hands off when done using my current clubs.

I thinned one a little bit during my round in December in 40* temps and I had to look down after to make sure my hands hadn't actually shattered.

So through all your testing for new irons, you ended up liking the Apex Pro '19 the best? I just received mine, but honestly ordered without doing a lot of homework on them. Just loved how they felt and looked at address so figured I'd get a set to tinker with.

Nothing is safe in my bag!

So through all your testing for new irons, you ended up liking the Apex Pro '19 the best? I just received mine, but honestly ordered without doing a lot of homework on them. Just loved how they felt and looked at address so figured I'd get a set to tinker with.

Yes. Spin wasn't an issue... ball speeds were up compared to my Miuras. I did git fit into 760's but the smoke finish is what seals the deal.

The contenders for me where the 760s and the Z785's. Ball speed among all 3 were pretty similar as far as efficiency goes and I'm more of a higher spin player as is, so I didn't experience any of the low spin issues some guys were talking about. The 785's felt the "least soft" but I think were the most forgiving. 760's were probably least forgiving but looked the best from address I think overall because there's less offset and a little longer blade than the AP19's. Seeing a touch more offset but a shorter blade took some getting used to in the AP19's but I think the black finish will hide that a little bit because less light will be reflected back at your eye.

I thought the 760's were the sofest I've ever hit, but then I pured an AP19 and they took the #1 spot. Only other irons I'd consider is maybe try the 919 Tours. I didn't because I am LH, and as far as I know, are not offered for us mentally challenged folks. I did demo the SC's and was thoroughly disappointed.

They look even better in hand than I'd hoped...

Titleist TSR3 8* Ventus TR Red 
Titleist TSR3 16.5* Evenflow T1100

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titleist T350 4 T200 5 T150 6-9 Accra iSeries 125

Titleist Vokey SM9 46*F (@45) / 50*F / 56*D (@55*) / 60*M DG TI X100
SC Super Select Squareback 2

So you dudes in here that already got your smoked out Apex are you seeing any issues with the finish? Rumor is these got delayed for issues bending them and the finish coming off... ugh

I'll have my first round of sim golf on them tonight.

It wouldn't surprise me too much from some of the other photos I've seen floating around, but I'm still hopeful.

They're gorgeous clubs. I don't mind if the finish wears, but if it's incredibly touchy I'll be a bit disappointed.

Titleist TSR3 8* Ventus TR Red 
Titleist TSR3 16.5* Evenflow T1100

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titleist T350 4 T200 5 T150 6-9 Accra iSeries 125

Titleist Vokey SM9 46*F (@45) / 50*F / 56*D (@55*) / 60*M DG TI X100
SC Super Select Squareback 2

So you dudes in here that already got your smoked out Apex are you seeing any issues with the finish? Rumor is these got delayed for issues bending them and the finish coming off... ugh

I'll have my first round of sim golf on them tonight.

It wouldn't surprise me too much from some of the other photos I've seen floating around, but I'm still hopeful.

They're gorgeous clubs. I don't mind if the finish wears, but if it's incredibly touchy I'll be a bit disappointed.

I expect some normal wear too. Hopefully you don’t see anything egregious like chunks of paint coming off or something really bad.

A little late to the party, but I finally got to hit the Apex Pro's yesterday (inside, but still) and I came away super impressed. I've hit a bunch of comparable irons the last couple months (AP2, Z785, 919F and Tour, i210, King Forged CB, all in the same shaft), as I'm in the market for new irons, and for me these were the best by a good bit. The feel wasn't exactly soft forged, but it was very solid feeling and I was actually a big fan of it. Numbers across the board were great, look good at address, pretty forgiving on mishits - I just basically fell in love with the whole package. So I'll probably be ordering a set to spec soon, and can't wait to get these bad boys out on the course.

Played a couple rounds with my standard Apex 19 5-GW. So far the only thing I’m not thrilled with is having deal with the Gap Wedge. I’ve always gone PW 45* or 46* to my 52*. Now with PW at 44, GW at 48 then my 52 it just seems to me, someone who likes simplicity, that is just to many options.

May trade in the 8-GW and just get the pros in 8-PW.

Any thoughts?

Played a couple rounds with my standard Apex 19 5-GW. So far the only thing I’m not thrilled with is having deal with the Gap Wedge. I’ve always gone PW 45* or 46* to my 52*. Now with PW at 44, GW at 48 then my 52 it just seems to me, someone who likes simplicity, that is just to many options.

Any thoughts?

I’ve carried 4 wedges for years and can’t imagine my bag any other way. 46,50,55,61. Gapping is all about preference. You can adjust lies. Certainly don’t change sets because of gapping issues.

But the way....I saw the smoke Apex last night at GG. Very nice. I love the bounce and the pre worn leading edge.

I will have to pick up a set to goof with.

I bought the combo set. Cally did a good job altering the lofts to make the transition work and create smart gapping. I had mine bent 1* weak to get the Pro PW at 45*. The distance and accuracy are quite good with the Apex. The Pro short irons are workable with an excellent sound and feel. Mine are shafted with the Recoil Smacwrap 780 F4. It's a pricey set so be prepared for a bit of sticker shock; even so, this is an impressive set of irons that is worth a look if you are a fan of the Callaway Apex series.

Epic Max LS 10.5

Steelhead XR 3-Heaven-9Ws

0211 5-GW

Glide 2.0 WS 54

Rally 58

Huntington Beach Soft Premier 8

Vero X1

Any thoughts?

I’ve carried 4 wedges for years and can’t imagine my bag any other way. 46,50,55,61. Gapping is all about preference. You can adjust lies. Certainly don’t change sets because of gapping issues.

But the way....I saw the smoke Apex last night at GG. Very nice. I love the bounce and the pre worn leading edge.

I will have to pick up a set to goof with.

Good points. I one point 2 years ago I went 46 PW, 50, 54, 58 and my short game was brutal. Went to 52/58 and have been much better from 100 and in.