Jupiter & Palm Beach Gardens Private Membership Options

Saw you mention Adios, Mizner CC in Delray isn’t far and worth getting out to once or twice. Had no problem getting on with a phone call and they only charged us $100. Really nice place.

I’ll second that OW knows his golf courses and is a fun guy to play with if you haven’t messaged him yet.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

What are the initiation fee and dues @ Jonathan's Landing ?

Just north of $50k equity plus about a $12k initiation "throw away," so almost $65k to get in. Dues are somewhere between $12-$15k.

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

Seminole is a solid course

Understatement of the century!

Don't know why you posted this as if it's my quote...lol? I certainly didnt say it, though I may have responded to the guy who did. Must have been @captainobvious ?

[b]WITB[/b]:
Taylormade TP5X Ball

So do any clubs include free massages at Orchids of Asia? The Robert Kraft membership package could be popular. :lock:

Really pretty crazy and hard to believe a guy of his means would (apparently) regularly take that kind of risk. And he wasnt the only high profile figure...

[b]WITB[/b]:
Taylormade TP5X Ball

Have played Floridian National, Fox Club, and The Florida Club recently. The Floridian was impeccable, perfect condition, fantastic staff, awesome view from clubhouse porch. Fox Club seriously disappointed, mediocre condition, aloof staff, ok layout. Bartender was great though.

For those visiting and playing publics, Florida Club is in excellent condition. Greens are perfect, as good as PGA Golf Club and Floridian.

Epic Flash. Tensei CK pro Blue stiff
M5 15*. Tensei CK Blue S
Ping 19* & 22* hybrid. Stock Alta S
Epon 505 MCI OTi 110 stiff
Betti BBZero DASS blacked out.
Vokey 50* F, Ping 54* SS, Vokey 58* D

• 2 months later...

Figured I'd check-in with an update. We are absolutely loving Jupiter. The weather has been spectacular. Weve been down here since Dec. 1st and I dont think there's been more than a handful of evenings where we couldnt dine outside in perfect comfort...including last night at The Cooper in PBG. There's almost always a lovely sea breeze. We've had no issues with bugs I think because of that, though I'm expecting the next several months to be hot & steamy. Still, I'll take it over the cold and considering that for 8 months down here its practically perfect weather.

I still have not joined a fully private club, but Eastpointe has my interest. It's very close to my current place in Abacoa with 36 holes (Fazio) and nice amenities. It's not a shiny new penny, but they've got some major projects underway and the courses are in excellent condition. Turtle Creek is also still high on my list, but a longer drive.

Temporarily, Abacoa has been awesome, but the $30 cart fees are killing me...lol....I wish they offered an annual trail fee. I'm in with a great group with a regular game 4 days per week and easy to find more if I'm up for it. We're heading up to Streamsong next week, so I'm looking forward to that!

If anyone can provide more info and opinions on Easpointe I'd appreciate it! ?

Edit: to add that I'm glad I didnt join Fox Club as they apparently shut down...

• Like 1

[b]WITB[/b]:
Taylormade TP5X Ball

> @dpb5031 said:

> Figured I'd check-in with an update. We are absolutely loving Jupiter. The weather has been spectacular. Weve been down here since Dec. 1st and I dont think there's been more than a handful of evenings where we couldnt dine outside in perfect comfort...including last night at The Cooper in PBG. There's almost always a lovely sea breeze. We've had no issues with bugs I think because of that, though I'm expecting the next several months to be hot & steamy. Still, I'll take it over the cold and considering that for 8 months down here its practically perfect weather.

>

> I still have not joined a fully private club, but Eastpointe has my interest. It's very close to my current place in Abacoa with 36 holes (Fazio) and nice amenities. It's not a shiny new penny, but they've got some major projects underway and the courses are in excellent condition. Turtle Creek is also still high on my list, but a longer drive.

>

> Temporarily, Abacoa has been awesome, but the $30 cart fees are killing me...lol....I wish they offered an annual trail fee. I'm in with a great group with a regular game 4 days per week and easy to find more if I'm up for it. We're heading up to Streamsong next week, so I'm looking forward to that!

>

> If anyone can provide more info and opinions on Easpointe I'd appreciate it! ?

>

> Edit: to add that I'm glad I didnt join Fox Club as they apparently shut down...

from what i understand, the names of the 36 at east pointe have changed names over the years, but i played "the golf & racquet club at east pointe" around christmas time 2013 via boxgroove and was left somewhat unimpressed. i understand you're trying to stay north near jupiter or palm beach gardens, but there are some real solid clubs / tracks a touch further south. i'm referring to banyan gc, mayacoo lakes, wellington national, wanderers club, and banyan cay resort. i figured emerald dunes may have too high an initiation given what you've said.

• Like 1

> @dpb5031 said:

> Figured I'd check-in with an update. We are absolutely loving Jupiter. The weather has been spectacular. Weve been down here since Dec. 1st and I dont think there's been more than a handful of evenings where we couldnt dine outside in perfect comfort...including last night at The Cooper in PBG. There's almost always a lovely sea breeze. We've had no issues with bugs I think because of that, though I'm expecting the next several months to be hot & steamy. Still, I'll take it over the cold and considering that for 8 months down here its practically perfect weather.

>

> I still have not joined a fully private club, but Eastpointe has my interest. It's very close to my current place in Abacoa with 36 holes (Fazio) and nice amenities. It's not a shiny new penny, but they've got some major projects underway and the courses are in excellent condition. Turtle Creek is also still high on my list, but a longer drive.

>

> Temporarily, Abacoa has been awesome, but the $30 cart fees are killing me...lol....I wish they offered an annual trail fee. I'm in with a great group with a regular game 4 days per week and easy to find more if I'm up for it. We're heading up to Streamsong next week, so I'm looking forward to that!

>

> If anyone can provide more info and opinions on Easpointe I'd appreciate it! ?

>

> Edit: to add that I'm glad I didnt join Fox Club as they apparently shut down...

> @dpb5031 said:

>

>

>

>

Give me a PM and I’ll tell you about Eastpointe. Part of west course is shutting down for construction so only 27 holes for a while.

Callaway Rogue 10.5* Synergy 50R

Ping G430 5W 

Callaway Edge 24* Hybrid R
Mizuno JPX921HM w/Recoil 780S 6-LW

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11
Vice Pro Plus

• 11 months later...

dpb- Did you end up joining anywhere? I know this is a bit of an old thread, but I'm now finding myself in a similar boat... wife and I are thinking we will move down to the palm beach area later this fall and obviously I'm already trying to figure out where to play. We'll probably do a handful of short term rentals to figure out where we want to live, so nothing set in stone yet but have a few friends in West Palm and Delray.

I'd love to find a club that checks a few boxes for me:

WalkableGood practice facilitiesIdeally, a fun group of younger guys (30s)Doesn't need to be fully private, but need good pace of play and tee times on short notice

I am living in Jupiter in the Abacoa Community and joined Abacoa Golf Club which is semi-private. Initially I thought it was just going to be temporary until I figured out which fully private club to join. Now well into my second year I have no urgency to leave. As a daily feel it's a higher-end place with greens fees at around $150 in-season so it has a more upscale feel. They have a covenent with the town that requires they keep a certain number of times available for public play so the private membership is limited and there is a waiting list. I won a lottery to get a spot and have been very happy. Course is good, greens are always excellent and rival the privates, the deal is great, and the men's group I've connected with consists of a bunch of good dudes. The only negative from my perspective is no short game practice area.

I also joined the Palm Beach County Association and compete in their events. Great competition and you play all of the top clubs down here. Finding a club that allows you to walk is a challenge. It's just not a common thing in South FL unless it's one of the really high-end places with a caddie program. If I were to join a club in the Jupiter area I'd probably go to Turtle Creek or Tequesta CC, but both have really upped initiation fees and dues in the past few years so it's hard to justify when I've got such a nice set-up at Abacoa less than a mile from my house and at half the annual cost, let alone initiation fees.

[b]WITB[/b]:
Taylormade TP5X Ball

Have you had a chance to play Jupiter Hills, MacArthur, or The Medalist? Not sure about the initiation and fees now, but those three always were my favs when I lived down there.

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

I have played Medalist many times, and Jupiter Hills once...both are exceptional! I have not played MacArthur but would love to play there; it's on the same sand Ridge as the other two and I've heard its great. All are well beyond my budget in terms of membership though...

[b]WITB[/b]:
Taylormade TP5X Ball

• 3 weeks later...

Sure, to play as a guest - get invited by a member.

To become a member:

Medalist- write a check

Seminole - become CEO of a Fortune 500 company and have a decent golf resume as well

[b]WITB[/b]:
Taylormade TP5X Ball

see my post about 6 prior to this one. I am at Abacoa GC.

[b]WITB[/b]:
Taylormade TP5X Ball

• 1 year later...

As a few others have, I’m restarting this thread! Just moved to a Jupiter last week after 8 years in Boston and 27 years working in Manhattan. Done with the corp gigs in financial services but doing some consulting…not ready to fully call it a day. Was a member of a Boston area (south shore) club since before i moved there and a Westchester NY club for over 20 years. My wife and I are renting first (although we’ve been to Jupiter countless times) but intend to buy. Our timing sucks as the mkt here is ridiculous. We know the area pretty well as  she spent a winter in Wellington with her horse five years ago ( desperate house wives chasing polo players,,,weird scene). Love the shorts and flip flop Jupiter vibe. I”m early 60’s but still a solid 7.8 index. As DPB states, Abacoa is a solid public track with greens rivaling private clubs. Have already played to twice and shot 79 both days ( alright from the white tees though). Played Fox Club 5 years ago with my head pro from MA. Way to far north and not even sure if they are still a going concern. Have also played Trump Jupiter ( not interested) and Turtle Creek (enjoyed it). I’m told private club initiation fees down here are a mirror of the housing mkt. Fees are way up. A member from my former club in NY joined Tequesta CC in December. He told me initiation fee is already up from $20k (when he joined 12/20) to $35k now. That’s ridiculous. I have not played the course but drove pass the club ( hard to see much). I’m looking for unpretentious, good guys who enjoy playing golf the way it should be played. I care about a good golf course…the other country club stuff I don’t really care about. Wife is not really in to the club scene. We have looked at some properties in Jonathan’s Landing and will continue to look in there. Club fees are a bit more than I’d like to spend. Intrigued by the Old Trail renovation by Gil Hanse and Brad Faxon though. Would appreciate any thoughts locals have and would love to tee it up with anyone in the area.

best

FPD

On 7/3/2021 at 7:37 PM, Fpd said:

As a few others have, I’m restarting this thread! Just moved to a Jupiter last week after 8 years in Boston and 27 years working in Manhattan. Done with the corp gigs in financial services but doing some consulting…not ready to fully call it a day. Was a member of a Boston area (south shore) club since before i moved there and a Westchester NY club for over 20 years. My wife and I are renting first (although we’ve been to Jupiter countless times) but intend to buy. Our timing sucks as the mkt here is ridiculous. We know the area pretty well as  she spent a winter in Wellington with her horse five years ago ( desperate house wives chasing polo players,,,weird scene). Love the shorts and flip flop Jupiter vibe. I”m early 60’s but still a solid 7.8 index. As DPB states, Abacoa is a solid public track with greens rivaling private clubs. Have already played to twice and shot 79 both days ( alright from the white tees though). Played Fox Club 5 years ago with my head pro from MA. Way to far north and not even sure if they are still a going concern. Have also played Trump Jupiter ( not interested) and Turtle Creek (enjoyed it). I’m told private club initiation fees down here are a mirror of the housing mkt. Fees are way up. A member from my former club in NY joined Tequesta CC in December. He told me initiation fee is already up from $20k (when he joined 12/20) to $35k now. That’s ridiculous. I have not played the course but drove pass the club ( hard to see much). I’m looking for unpretentious, good guys who enjoy playing golf the way it should be played. I care about a good golf course…the other country club stuff I don’t really care about. Wife is not really in to the club scene. We have looked at some properties in Jonathan’s Landing and will continue to look in there. Club fees are a bit more than I’d like to spend. Intrigued by the Old Trail renovation by Gil Hanse and Brad Faxon though. Would appreciate any thoughts locals have and would love to tee it up with anyone in the area.

best

FPD

All of your points are on the money. Home prices and private club initiations have risen dramatically over the past several years, and then even more dramatically since Covid. I've spent significant time in a number of different Florida locations over the years on both coasts, Ft. Lauderdale, Coral Springs, Stuart, Melbourne, Vero, Jacksonville on the east coast, and Ft. Myers, Sanibel-Captiva, Sarasota, Tampa- St. Pete, and Naples on the west coast. Nothing, and I mean nothing, compares to Jupiter. 

Jupiter has a "beach town" vibe, nearly 5 miles of uninterrupted beaches with free parking and easy access, it's close to both airports (PBI & FLL), easy access to 95 & TPK, many acres of preserved land and parks, the absolute best restaurants, close to culture in PB and WPB, great fishing and climate due to the moderating effects of the Gulfstream which runs close to the coast, and of course, great golf! There's a reason so many professional athletes and other high net worth people choose to call Jupiter home! Unfortunately however, housing is extremely expensive, and so are most private golf options.

For the time being, I'm happy playing at Abacoa GC. I live in the neighborhood and love it. I was a member of the same fully private club in NJ for nearly 25 years. I describe Abacoa (which is semi-private) as 85% of a full private at 35% of the cost. I have played most everywhere down here save for a few, and our greens are consistently as good or better than the private options. I've got guaranteed tee times and play with a great group. The challenge for most is becoming a member. Abacoa is limited in the number of private members they can have, so there's a long waiting list. The deal is they have to keep a certain percentage of tee times available to the public due to their covenant with the town, even though they are privately owned.

When I retired from my previous career and moved down here 3 years ago I found it very challenging to find the "right fit" in terms of both golf and housing. It took a long while to figure things out. I've since started a real estate business where I work primarily with buyers helping them learn the lay of the land and the golf scene. It's been great as I've met a lot of awesome people, most of whom have become friends! I just wish there was more inventory in our local housing market!

Edited by dpb5031
grammar

[b]WITB[/b]:
Taylormade TP5X Ball

• 6 months later...

I just moved to Jupiter from Jax with my wife and daughter and have requested info from a few of the local privates (Tequesta, Dye Preserve, etc.) on fees and availability. Tequesta is up to $75k initiation and on a wait list. Dye Preserve at over $100k (know a guy who joined as a Jr Member for $15k a few years back). Honestly outside of Abacoa, PGA is the only “affordable” option in seeing in the area, but not sure about group or pace of play would be a concern.

I’m 36 and ply to a 2, looking for a solid group that plays on the weekends and occaosional Friday games. Would love to know if anyone has found any other options.

Edited by bugolf08

• 1 year later...

My wife and I are heading down to Jupiter next week to explore the area. We're considering making a move to Jupiter/PBG area from Denver in the next 6-12 months and we'd like to join a club. What's the landscape for private club membership these days? I've heard initiation fees and wait lists have become a bit ridiculous. We have heard great things about Tequesta CC, Turtle Creek, and Eastpointe and are open to other suggestions. If anyone has any recommendations or a info on clubs with their fees, dues, waitlists, etc. it would be much appreciated!

Also, I'd love to try and play while we're in town so if anyone wants to link up and play that would be cool! I'm 32 and play to a 4 handicap.  

11 hours ago, cutz said:

My wife and I are heading down to Jupiter next week to explore the area. We're considering making a move to Jupiter/PBG area from Denver in the next 6-12 months and we'd like to join a club. What's the landscape for private club membership these days? I've heard initiation fees and wait lists have become a bit ridiculous. We have heard great things about Tequesta CC, Turtle Creek, and Eastpointe and are open to other suggestions. If anyone has any recommendations or a info on clubs with their fees, dues, waitlists, etc. it would be much appreciated!

Also, I'd love to try and play while we're in town so if anyone wants to link up and play that would be cool! I'm 32 and play to a 4 handicap.  

Turtle Creek and Tequesta are pretty much next door to each other, so you can possibly squeeze them both in the same day.  If you're not married to Jupiter/PBG a thought could be Port St Lucie.  I don't know the numbers but Tesoro has been bought, and the plan is to restore the courses and club.  It's possible the "getting in on the ground floor" angle might be able to save some cash.

If you search Tesoro there was a recent discussion.