SuperSpeed Golf training system

It actually has made my swing longer (in a good way), although I can see where trying to swing out of your shoes on every swing is not a good thing. I made my own version of these and have been doing the program for 2 weeks (every other day). Have definitely started swinging the club faster (per my brother in law's simulator), One of the biggest things it has done for me so far is to help me with my previous deceleration problem and also a more complete follow-through. I am going to keep working the program until I can't see any benefit.

what''s the general consensus on this thing? helps or not?

There's absolutely no doubt that this is the best training aid I've ever used.....and I've tried plenty. Not only does it train your muscles to swing faster, but it also improves the kinematic sequence. It also has a secondary benefit of providing a good workout.

My swing speed with the driver was typically in the 88-92 mph range. After the first couple of weeks of the introductory protocal, I was in the 92-96 range. I just finished that protocal and now I'm moving to Level 1.

Agreed 100%. And the workout is not only "golf specific" for swing speed, but also for stamina in the swing.

Lol yesterday on my apple watch my heart rate was at like 135 swinging these clubs. I had sweat pouring down my face.

First time I used them I had to lay down for an hour after lol.

what''s the general consensus on this thing? helps or not?

There's absolutely no doubt that this is the best training aid I've ever used.....and I've tried plenty. Not only does it train your muscles to swing faster, but it also improves the kinematic sequence. It also has a secondary benefit of providing a good workout.

My swing speed with the driver was typically in the 88-92 mph range. After the first couple of weeks of the introductory protocal, I was in the 92-96 range. I just finished that protocal and now I'm moving to Level 1.

Agreed 100%. And the workout is not only "golf specific" for swing speed, but also for stamina in the swing.

Lol yesterday on my apple watch my heart rate was at like 135 swinging these clubs. I had sweat pouring down my face.

First time I used them I had to lay down for an hour after lol.

I used to go to the range 2 or 3 times a week in the summer (I had a membership) and hit near 200 golf balls with driver as hard as I could. I would come home drenched in sweat and sore for a couple days till I went again. That is still my "ssg workout" but I do it on a simulator at my house instead, and only go to range on occasion. Either way, you are getting golf strong and upping your ceiling each time you go.

Swing hard in case you hit it!

It actually has made my swing longer (in a good way), although I can see where trying to swing out of your shoes on every swing is not a good thing. I made my own version of these and have been doing the program for 2 weeks (every other day). Have definitely started swinging the club faster (per my brother in law's simulator), One of the biggest things it has done for me so far is to help me with my previous deceleration problem and also a more complete follow-through. I am going to keep working the program until I can't see any benefit.

are those weights near SSG specs? Look like a lot of washers. I did something similar and a lot fewer washers needed.

"Non rinunciare mai quello
che desideri...."
Go with what you know!

Driver: Titleist 913D

Fairway: Tour Edge XCG 7

Hybrids: Bobby Jones(Jesse Ortiz) Blackbird 3,4,5,6

Irons: 3-PW Titleist 710 MB (Rifle Project X 6.0 Flighted)

Wedges: Tour Edge 52, 56 deg, Cleveland RTX 50 deg 

Putter: Odyssey Custom Metal X 7

Even when I don't do SSG with the sticks, I'll typically go to the PGA SS indoor practice bay and hit 60 balls or so. 30-40 of which are with the Driver full out swings. Certainly not a replacement for the training, but a good in between. Plus, I get to see if I am steadily improving, plateauing or getting slower. I've seemed to have hit a plateau over the last 1.5 months or so, but again, haven't been doing the training religiously like I was when I started. You will see the best gains most likely in the first month or 2 of training, then it will get progressively less. This is normal.

I can't stress enough that this program works. But you really have to put 100% into every swing. You will certainly see improvements in speed doing this. What I think some are forgetting is that after doing SSG you will have a higher ceiling. With that higher ceiling, you will be able to swing faster with less effort. So even if you don't go at it 100% on the course with the Driver, your new 90% swing will be faster than prior to the program. So trust us and SWING OUT OF YOUR SHOES.

Driver: Cobra LTD Pro 7.5o - Kuro Kage DC XT 70 TX - Tipped 1"

UDI: 2019 TaylorMade P790 2i

Irons: 3-PW: Srixon z745 with Modus 130x

Wedges: 52o/56o/60o - Cleveland RTX4s

Putter: Ping Kushin 4

Mine are set up to be 5% heavier, 10% lighter, and 20% lighter than my Epic Driver with Diamana shaft. They are right on those specs but a little different than the actual SSG ones. My thought was it was better to have them adjusted to my own driver rather than just a standard weight.

I did the same thing when I built mine. That said...

... it really doesn't matter. It really doesn't. I don't really do that program much anymore, because I gained ~10mph before I started doing SSG. Then did SSG for a while, and had to stop as I hurt my shoulder doing it. I just swing other stuff, whatever I can grab (orange whip, gripped shaft, medicine ball slams, even plyometrics, and the most obvious way to gain swing speed swinging good ole driver as hard as you can on the range). Since I stopped doing SSG, my swing speed has continued going up (with a lot of emphasis on fitness). I still do SSG every now and then, but very rarely, and more so as a measuring stick to see how much progress I am making with other exercises.

You really don't need to be doing SSG to gain swing speed. There are many other, just as effective ways of doing so. I am sure SSG will claim that their method is "scientific", but I have yet to find any scientific study from them to say you need exactly 20%, 10%, (5%) lighter sticks, or that you have to do the exercises exactly as prescribed.

Truth is that the system works, but many other things are just as effective. I honestly believe that my system I developed myself is way more effective than SSG. Went from 99mph in October 2018 to 112mph in January 2019 (probably more now, since this was trackman session from over a month ago). Once summer comes around, I will gain another 3-5mph just from 100* temps down here.

Swinging the Driver as hard as you can definitely is a good way to increase speed as well. While it's not technically overspeed training, it's another great method to use. Great gains btw stk.

I've used it maybe once a week for a month or two. I measured 119 with my driver last night and I started at 106. I can consistently swing 113.

I've been the range a few times in the last month and when I swing faster than 108 I can barely hit the ball. But, it takes much less effort to swing 106 so that's good.

If I end up taking less effort to swing the same speed I'm used to I'd say it's a success. Especially if the results are better contact, more distance and more hit fairways.

I can swing really fast now, but I do not think I will.

Srixon Z 785 9.5 Atmos Tour Spec Black 60X
Srixon Z F85 15 Atmos Tour Spec Black 60X
Srixon Z U85 18 Steelfiber i110 S
Srixon Z FORGED 3-9 Steelfiber i110 S
Cleveland RTX4 46 Steelfiber i110 S
Cleveland RTX4 Forged 50 Steelfiber i125 S
Cleveland RTX4 58 Steelfiber i125 S
Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft Premier 11S

Bettinardi QB6 DASS High Polish
Srixon ZStar XV Yellow

Swinging the Driver as hard as you can definitely is a good way to increase speed as well. While it's not technically overspeed training, it's another great method to use. Great gains btw stk.

Full disclosure. I used to be a 105+ mph swinger. But injuries got me down sub 100. Got healthy, so gaining back the 5-8mph I lost was low hanging fruit. Albeit still a lot of very hard work.

I gained a lot of speed by focusing on getting limber in my backswing. Hard work to be able to turn further.

Then a lot more hard work to keep gaining speed and improving on everything else.

I fully expect to be 115-120mph by mid season, and 120+ when really going after it.

It is like a drug, I want more, so I work very hard to get it. It doesn't hurt that I became a fitness addict 6 months ago, and coupled that with healthy eating.

Mine are set up to be 5% heavier, 10% lighter, and 20% lighter than my Epic Driver with Diamana shaft. They are right on those specs but a little different than the actual SSG ones. My thought was it was better to have them adjusted to my own driver rather than just a standard weight.

ok, thanks. The reason I asked was because in your photo, it looked as if you had a lot more washers. You may have used different materials than I did. The larger one in my photo was waaay too heavy and I had to remove quite a few washers, also the weight of the tip adapter and 6mm bolt have to be taken into consideration. My weights are still not exact, but as said above, it shouldn't matter as long as I am going at it 100%.

che desideri...."
Go with what you know!

are those weights near SSG specs? Look like a lot of washers. I did something similar and a lot fewer washers needed.

I'm not sure how you guys are creating the attachment to use the washers? Are you just using a standard new driver sleeve and screw? Please elaborate.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

I'm not sure how you guys are creating the attachment to use the washers? Are you just using a standard new driver sleeve and screw? Please elaborate.

I had an old shaft with the shaft tip still attached off an XCG7 driver from Tour Edge. Then I got a cap screw same size (6mm I believe). The beauty is, you can add or subtract weights quickly. I am sure any adjustable hosel tip would work. On the Tour Edge, the adapter is "stepped" requiring two different sized washers. I snug them down with a piece of rubber from range rubber tee and zip tie. Only caution I recommend is to frequently check the cap screw for tightness or use a light strength Loctite. The photo you copied is just after removing the large washers but before snugging down. (no matter though, as the smaller washers are on the lower step of the adapter).

In my bottom photo (light club), I simply jammed a broken wooden tee into the end of the shaft. That worked...until it didn't....Created a missile launcher.

che desideri...."
Go with what you know!

I had an old shaft with the shaft tip still attached off an XCG7 driver from Tour Edge. Then I got a cap screw same size (6mm I believe). The beauty is, you can add or subtract weights quickly. I am sure any adjustable hosel tip would work. On the Tour Edge, the adapter is "stepped" requiring two different sized washers. I snug them down with a piece of rubber from range rubber tee and zip tie. Only caution I recommend is to frequently check the cap screw for tightness or use a light strength Loctite. The photo you copied is just after removing the large washers but before snugging down. (no matter though, as the smaller washers are on the lower step of the adapter).

In my bottom photo (light club), I simply jammed a broken wooden tee into the end of the shaft. That worked...until it didn't....Created a missile launcher.

Here is another "tweaked" configuration

che desideri...."
Go with what you know!

I think that'll be my plan going forward. Just having an impact target/hitting a ball may be enough to prevent injury for me. I think if I get a few range sessions in each week and spend some of that time swinging my driver as hard as possible, I will get at least some of the speed gain. Just a matter of retaining a compact swing for me.

Focusing on using the ground to push up really helps. Doing the deep squat like Rory and Tiger helps power a ton. Even overemphasizing the squat at times, should be beneficial in you getting the correct 'feel' in the downswing.

Focusing on using the ground to push up really helps. Doing the deep squat like Rory and Tiger helps power a ton. Even overemphasizing the squat at times, should be beneficial in you getting the correct 'feel' in the downswing.

I can’t figure out the squat, but will keep practicing it, because when I use my legs correctly it’s always a drive 25 yards further than average.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

I think that'll be my plan going forward. Just having an impact target/hitting a ball may be enough to prevent injury for me. I think if I get a few range sessions in each week and spend some of that time swinging my driver as hard as possible, I will get at least some of the speed gain. Just a matter of retaining a compact swing for me.

That is all you really need. I went from 99mph (trackman) to ~108mph (guessing, as I was 112mph on trackman a couple months later) by simply hitting driver as hard as I can on the range for a couple of weeks. I got my SSR and day 1 my first couple of swings registered around 102mph. Quickly got to 104mph, and by the end of my range session I hit a couple at 107-108mph. Day 2 (a couple days later) I was at 105-108 consistently with my radar and got a couple over 110mph. 5 days later (day 3 on range) I was 108-111. By day 4 I was 111-114.

Obviously, I was doing a bunch of stuff in between:

fitness, working out, stretching

swing changes. working on bigger shoulder turn, etc.

more fitness.

But had I not gone to the range those 4 days, I still would have been swinging it at 100mph. I don't have time to go to the range and pound driver, so I do some other stuff at home (whatever I can), but pounding driver is most effective way.

I was at range two days ago, got loose after a couple dozen or so shots and all of a sudden I clocked 5-10 balls at 120 - 121 mph. Until I cracked the face of my driver. I was launching those range balls into the hill at the back of the range 290y carry.

Hardly ever do SSG anymore. Only do it once every couple of weeks to mix it up. I will sometimes do 5-10 reps with green club randomly, but definitely do not do the structured program as it is tedious and unnecessary.

I can’t figure out the squat, but will keep practicing it, because when I use my legs correctly it’s always a drive 25 yards further than average.

What I did recently was change my knee bend at address. I used to have very little flex in my knees, and just recently changed it so there is a lot more bend in them. Feels more like an athletic position, like you were guarding someone in basketball. Basically I am already squatting so I don't need to squat on downswing anymore, as it is built in. Feel like this has helped me so much, that I applied it to putting and chipping. It feels very natural to me and have been playing great. But note that the first couple times out I was hitting everything fat, because I was not used to being closer to the ground. Quickly figured it out though.

I’ve been meaning to make a simpler and more protective SSR protective shield, so I went all Martha Stewart this morning.

1/16 Lexan. Spare packing foam. Hot glue gun.

Bent the Lexan with a heat gun and $5 angle iron in a vice. Traced out the SSR in the foam for a friction fit. Cut foam on the bandsaw and hot glued it in place.

Has the added benefit of keeping the unit more upright than the stand sometimes allows.

Radar goes through the Shield like it wasn’t there.

I've been meaning to make a simpler and more protective SSR protective shield, so I went all Martha Stewart this morning.

Bent the Lexan with a heat gun and $5 angle iron in a vice. Traced out the SSR in the foam for a friction fit. Cut foam on the bandsaw and hot glued it in place.

Has the added benefit of keeping the unit more upright than the stand sometimes allows.

Radar goes through the Shield like it wasn't there.

ha, wished I had seen this before I hit my unit (again).

che desideri...."
Go with what you know!

I've been meaning to make a simpler and more protective SSR protective shield, so I went all Martha Stewart this morning.

I know the feeling. I have a graveyard of old units. I’ve phoned the company and asked if I can just buy the LCDs (no response), but in the meantime I’m protecting my current one with this.

It’s also helpful since my wife and son have started SSG, so it has lots more opportunities to get spanked

I know the feeling. I have a graveyard of old units. I’ve phoned the company and asked if I can just buy the LCDs (no response), but in the meantime I’m protecting my current one with this.

It’s also helpful since my wife and son have started SSG, so it has lots more opportunities to get spanked

the first time I had a mishap, they replaced the LCD at no cost. The second time, I had some case damage and screen did not function properly. I sent email asking if they had any refurbs on a Red unit with tempo trainer. Awaiting response. If not, I may try Voice Caddie or SST-T on ebay.

che desideri...."
Go with what you know!

In retrospect, I feel as if I am doing that already without consciously thinking about it. I would not call it a vertical squat though, more like a push off pivot. Now being aware of it, I can see the move in a mirror. I can also envision some may misinterpret the move by using a sort of down hill dipping motion like Shawn Clement where it looks like more head bobbing. When I am in tempo, the strikes are solid. I do have to caution about hitting fat. I try to focus on a spot a few inches in front of the ball.

che desideri...."
Go with what you know!

the first time I had a mishap, they replaced the LCD at no cost. The second time, I had some case damage and screen did not function properly. I sent email asking if they had any refurbs on a Red unit with tempo trainer. Awaiting response. If not, I may try Voice Caddie or SST-T on ebay.

I have the Voice Caddie SC200 and love it for the range, but it doesn’t read no ball swings effectively. The SSR is the best cheap solution there... It just needs to be protected.

I should take your route and email them. I called twice, and it was like calling somebody’s house phone... because I believe I was actually calling somebody’s house phone.

I have the Voice Caddie SC200 and love it for the range, but it doesn’t read no ball swings effectively. The SSR is the best cheap solution there... It just needs to be protected.

I should take your route and email them. I called twice, and it was like calling somebody’s house phone... because I believe I was actually calling somebody’s house phone.

Al Dilz (President of Sports Sensors) was pretty good about answering emails within 48 hours. I do believe he is working out of his house though, but I do not really know that. here is the address: [email protected]

che desideri...."
Go with what you know!

I’ve been doing the beginning protocol for about 3 weeks now without a SS radar. I’ll be hitting on a flightscope later next week that I’ve hit on before. I’ll be interested to see the progress. From reading this and other forums about the system, I’m guessing I may need a system to keep track a little better.

Stealth 2 9* w/Ventus TR Blue
SIM 3 wood w/Ventus TR Blue
SIM UDI

P790 4 iron 
P770 5-PW
Hi Toe 3 50/54/58
SC Phantom 11.5
TP5X 

I’ve been doing the beginning protocol for about 3 weeks now without a SS radar. I’ll be hitting on a flightscope later next week that I’ve hit on before. I’ll be interested to see the progress. From reading this and other forums about the system, I’m guessing I may need a system to keep track a little better.

I probably will buy the real sticks and then revisit the protocols. I am not that structured in following the regimin but probably would be should I purchase the system. For now I am satisfied with swinging my home made version aggressively a few times. I could change the weights between sets easily if desired as they are held in place by a hosel adapter and cap screw. The SSR seems to be the most economical way to measure progress, but there are even cheaper ones available. I think Sklz has one for around $35. Accuracy may be a concern.

che desideri...."
Go with what you know!

I probably will buy the real sticks and then revisit the protocols. I am not that structured in following the regimin but probably would be should I purchase the system. For now I am satisfied with swinging my home made version aggressively a few times. I could change the weights between sets easily if desired as they are held in place by a hosel adapter and cap screw. The SSR seems to be the most economical way to measure progress, but there are even cheaper ones available. I think Sklz has one for around $35. Accuracy may be a concern.

Yea I’m sticking to the protocols, even adding an extra day here and there. This is in addition to my shoulder rehab for a slight tear in my rotator cuff, so I’m hoping the combination will get my SS back up close to where I used to be

Stealth 2 9* w/Ventus TR Blue
SIM 3 wood w/Ventus TR Blue
SIM UDI

P790 4 iron 
P770 5-PW
Hi Toe 3 50/54/58
SC Phantom 11.5
TP5X 

With all due respect how are you guys hitting the radar with the sticks or your driver? Aren't we supposed to swing six to ten inches away from the thing? I mean no offense but hitting the radar would be the equivalent of heeling the ball so bad it takes out your nutsack. Is this some right of passage I should be aware of?