2018 NBA Season

The talk about LeBron owning a team after he retires is ironic - b/c he plans to be an owner, but he's done more than any other player to take power away from the owners.

Not just power but money. I wonder if his opinion on the player/owner split will change when he buys a team LoL.

He's not the only one. Other stars have talked of owning teams too one day , same goes for them. Not picking on LeBron

They all hate the owners but want to be owners. LoL

I also find irony whenever the CBA is negotiated there's a push from the stars to abolish max salaries while also calling the owners greedy from trying to keep as much as possible for themselves and not spread it around

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I am not always right....but as predicted suddenly the stance on Boston (and others) is softening

I just really believed then and now the whole list nonsense was just a power play to get Davis to the Lakers before the deadline. To give him an extra postseason for a team he's willing to play for

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I am not always right....but as predicted suddenly the stance on Boston (and others) is softening

I just really believed then and now the whole list nonsense was just a power play to get Davis to the Lakers before the deadline. To give him an extra postseason for a team he's willing to play for

Could very well be all posturing to try and calm things down and save his image. Once the season is over we will know for sure of his true stance.

I'm pretty sure he thought he'd have Davis or Paul George by now. Probably why he's so frustrated.

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Ironman looks more human emotionally than physically at this time. Lakers slowly showing their Hollywood drama side of things. I am leaning toward they miss out on any big free agents this year.

G400 Max 9* Ping tour 65r   

G410 17.5* Atmos Blue 7r

G25 23* oban devotion

G400 5-U AWT 2.0

Tour-W 56* AWT

Karsten Craz-e

Black Hoofer C-1 

K Sig

I wonder if we can look back at LBJs laker years and compare him to Jordan’s wizards years when all is said and done. I am be facetious, but I wouldn’t completely rule it out.

G400 Max 9* Ping tour 65r   

G410 17.5* Atmos Blue 7r

G25 23* oban devotion

G400 5-U AWT 2.0

Tour-W 56* AWT

Karsten Craz-e

Black Hoofer C-1 

K Sig

It's been a rough two months for the Lakers... Christmas night they were 4th in the west, trending up, just blew out the Warriors in Oakland, and were one of the most dangerous teams in the league. Injuries and the trade deadline really set this team back... I don't think their is enough time for them to regain old form and as crazy as it sounds the Ball injury has been pivotal, a ton of his value does not show up in the box score. He has been really injury prone his first two seasons. The only bright side is that BI has shown life and is really coming around.

Yeah was gonna say the irony is Brandon Ingram has been awesome, but for him all that really means is he's more attractive to the Pelicans. Just a weird situation

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I haven’t been to an NBA game since about 1998 ish (whenever Eric Piatkowski ((if anyone even remembers him)) was playing for the Clippers). But my sons church has a group going to the Nuggets-Jazz game Thursday night and I’m going to tag along. Should be fun with as well as the Nuggets are playing.

That was the dark days of the clips right? I think even before Olowokandi and Darius Miles et Al. Can't remember who else was on that team. Musta been like 1995 era

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Going to be really awkward when LeBron misses playoffs

More awkward than the trade deadline, when they're telling the press that they're want to get rid of everyone? Or after the Pelicans loss, when LeBron says the problem with this team is that he's playing with a bunch of losers?

Beyond LeBron, It doesn't really get enough attention that they got rid of Brook Lopez and Julius Randle who ended up signing for very reasonable deals. Randle makes less than Caldwell Pope for example.

And also before that couldn't get rid of DeAngelo Russell fast enough. Granted they got Kuzma in that deal but that was a throw in. But Russell is an all-star

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

More awkward than the trade deadline, when they're telling the press that they're want to get rid of everyone? Or after the Pelicans loss, when LeBron says the problem with this team is that he's playing with a bunch of losers?

Beyond LeBron, It doesn't really get enough attention that they got rid of Brook Lopez and Julius Randle who ended up signing for very reasonable deals. Randle makes less than Caldwell Pope for example.

And also before that couldn't get rid of DeAngelo Russell fast enough. Granted they got Kuzma in that deal but that was a throw in. But Russell is an all-star

Their is so much more to Randle and D’Angelo that you are not mentioning.

Their is so much more to Randle and D'Angelo that you are not mentioning.

Are you referencing Paul George not wanting to be a Laker?

Their is so much more to Randle and D'Angelo that you are not mentioning.

Are you referencing Paul George not wanting to be a Laker?

With D'Angello you had the whole swaggy P thing, losing trust in his teammates, immaturity, and an overall black cloud hanging over him. They also got out of the Mozgov contract which needed to be done in order to sign LeBron. I think it's fair to say that he had to be moved and it was in both parties best interest, everyone knew he could play. With Randle he is inked to a two year deal that would be handcuffing the Lakers this coming summer. The Lakers also not making an offer has everything to do with Aaron Mintz relationship with the Lakers, who by the way is also D'Angellos agent.

I just think both players situations are a lot more complicated then "Lakers should have retained".

I do wish the Lakers kept Lopez and I don't think Magic and Rob have done an amazing job. They have said all along this is a long term plan (although they almost threw that all out the window for AD). If anything I think the one flaw is taking Ball over Tatum, I still think Ball is going to be a great player but if they took Tatum AD would be in LA right now.

I do wish the Lakers kept Lopez and I don't think Magic and Rob have done an amazing job. They have said all along this is a long term plan (although they almost threw that all out the window for AD). If anything I think the one flaw is taking Ball over Tatum, I still think Ball is going to be a great player but if they took Tatum AD would be in LA right now.

Understatement of the thread.

Other than sign LeBron James - which had more to do with LeBron than either of them - what have they done that makes them even be competent?

On another note , as I told my friend today....Karl Towns is playing so well that if you add he and Wiggins numbers together and divide them by two, they are still a pretty dynamic duo

This is where we are at with Wiggins

Get here soon RJ.... SAVIOR OF CANADA BASKETBALL!!!!

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

https://amp.si.com/nba/2019/02/26/kareem-abdul-jabbar-auctioning-four-nba-championship-rings

"Looking back on what I have done with my life, instead of gazing at the sparkle of jewels or gold plating celebrating something I did a long time ago, I’d rather look into the delighted face of a child holding their first caterpillar and think about what I might be doing for their future," Abdul-Jabbar said.

I feel like someone needs to do the Brian Fantana/Champ Kind thing to Anthony Davis where they tell him "Hey Anthony, why don't you just stop talking for a while"

I know he's only 25-26 so it's tough. I was that age once and wasn't a genius. But it's like he's got these guys around him that just seem to tell him to say things that just are bad looks

First the trade request with 1 1/2 yrs left, than that he's going to take out a full page ad thanking the Pelicans and it will be great, than the "there's 29 teams on my list" ...now he's just the CEO of Anthony Davis basketball enterprises taking ownership (by the way do we have footage of Lebron literally writing that down for him to say because does anyone really believe Davis came up with that terminology himself?)

I would honestly feel bad at how badly he's been mismanaged if not for the fact that he will make 500M in his career

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I feel like someone needs to do the Brian Fantana/Champ Kind thing to Anthony Davis where they tell him "Hey Anthony, why don't you just stop talking for a while"

I know he's only 25-26 so it's tough. I was that age once and wasn't a genius. But it's like he's got these guys around him that just seem to tell him to say things that just are bad looks

First the trade request with 1 1/2 yrs left, than that he's going to take out a full page ad thanking the Pelicans and it will be great, than the "there's 29 teams on my list" ...now he's just the CEO of Anthony Davis basketball enterprises taking ownership (by the way do we have footage of Lebron literally writing that down for him to say because does anyone really believe Davis came up with that terminology himself?)

I would honestly feel bad at how badly he's been mismanaged if not for the fact that he will make 500M in his career

These guys are annoyingly making it a point to let everyone know they have the power.

How good do you think Jaren Jackson will be?

I haven’t been to an NBA game since about 1998 ish (whenever Eric Piatkowski ((if anyone even remembers him)) was playing for the Clippers). But my sons church has a group going to the Nuggets-Jazz game Thursday night and I’m going to tag along. Should be fun with as well as the Nuggets are playing.

I must be a jinx. Boy was that an ugly game. Sloppy. And with really poor officiating.