Ping G400 Max vs. Ping G410 Plus

Norboo

410 Plus IMO is better in almost every way. Lower spin, better ball speed, and adjustable weights (leads to better fitting). Max is not a bad club by any means but there's a reason everyone on tour switched out of the max so quickly. I say be a whore and upgrade :D

I have no basis for arguing one is better than the other, but the reason tour players switch is almost entirely based on what their sponsor agreements require them to do. You can bet every club manufacturer pays a huge premium to get their players in the newest driver ASAP. Using tour players as a reference is seriously flawed.

I love my LST but when the new one comes out, if it feels better and I can set if flatter and toe weight then I may spend the dough

The LST three wood will likely crack my starting lineup

I was surprised by how hollow the LST fairway felt. I didn’t like it at all....but....for those that need 500+ less spin....deal closer....I could barely get it about 2800 and 163mph Ball Speed....

A properly fit G400 Max should beat out a properly fit G410 plus. The max is more forgiving (objectively) and ballspeeds should be the same if you hit both on the sweet spot since the CT and COR have been at their limits already.

Any data to support your theory?

The G410 has a lower MOI than the Max and in fact only has 1% more MOI than the normal G400. The Max has a combined MOI of 9900 g/cm2 compared to G400 which is “only” 9000 g/cm2.

If you get fit for the loft and spin combination that optimizes your driver I don’t see how the 410 is better than the Max. The 410 can’t have a “hotter” face because of the limitations set on club manufacturers.

The 410 is easier to fit because of the increased adjustability however.

I love my LST but when the new one comes out, if it feels better and I can set if flatter and toe weight then I may spend the dough

I was surprised by how hollow the LST fairway felt. I didn't like it at all....but....for those that need 500+ less spin....deal closer....I could barely get it about 2800 and 163mph Ball Speed....

Are we certain an LST version is coming out - the 410+ is fairly (very) low spin as compared to the 400.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi Golf Shaft @45 in. (coming soon)
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18/ TPT Golf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Ping i230 5-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 or Ping Glide Forged Pro, Both with Nippon 105 
  • Putter:  LAB DF3 TPT Shaft (waiting)
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

The Max is loud, even on the course for me.

I took it to the range one time since I bought it and people were looking at me to see what all the racket was about!

I love this. They look over just in time to see the crappy range ball go 290.

• Haha 1

Radspeed 8, 13.5, 17.5/hzrdusgreentx                                                           Radspeed 21/tz4100m5+
Utility one length 3,4 iron/mmt105tx
                                                              Forged one length 6-9/x100 wedge onyx

vokey 46*8, 54*8, 62*8/s400 wedge onyx                                                    phantom x5/stabilitytour

I was surprised by how hollow the LST fairway felt. I didn't like it at all....but....for those that need 500+ less spin....deal closer....I could barely get it about 2800 and 163mph Ball Speed....

Are we certain an LST version is coming out - the 410+ is fairly (very) low spin as compared to the 400.

I feel like I heard Rick S and seems like another YT reviewer say they (Ping) weren’t coming out with a 410 LST or Max this year as they couldn’t improve on the 400 models. Take that as you will...just saying what I heard.

All this talk of sound, shafts, looks and spin confuses and frightens me.....not.

The only thing I worry about with any club, especially the driver, is on course performance.

My G400 Max just flat out gets it!

Long and straight when hit on the screws, long and damn near straight when missed.

It kicked my Rogue SZ, and Callaway Fusion to the curb in about 3 swings.

Any replacement would have to be significantly better on the course, regardless of spin numbers, looks, or LOL "sound".

I used to play a Cobra that really sounded like an aluminum cannon, I'd get looks, but man that thing won me a lot of skins.

Seriously, I'd rather hear the bong sound of a driver 1,000 times in a garage than ever read the term "gamer" again...

X________________________________ Sign Here

All this talk of sound, shafts, looks and spin confuses and frightens me.....not.

The only thing I worry about with any club, especially the driver, is on course performance.

Long and straight when hit on the screws, long and damn near straight when missed.

Any replacement would have to be significantly better on the course, regardless of spin numbers, looks, or LOL "sound".

I used to play a Cobra that really sounded like an aluminum cannon, I'd get looks, but man that thing won me a lot of skins.

Seriously, I'd rather hear the bong sound of a driver 1,000 times in a garage than ever read the term "gamer" again...

"game" "gamer" "gamed" "gaming" I played softball for a long time.....In all those years, I don't remember one person ever asking me what bat I was "gaming.".....As a matter of fact, in all the years I have spent around golf courses, I don't recall any real person ( non forum guy ) ask me what clubs I was "gaming".

Couldn’t care less about sound, I’d hit a metal trash can on a stick if it went 350 ?‍♂️

Using comparable lofts I’m sure the max and 410 plus are very similar but even kicked down -1, my max was way higher lofted than it’s stated 9*, hence a good 4 mph ball speed gain with 410. Took a lot of self control not to order the 3w, it’s impressive also

Couldn’t care less about sound, I’d hit a metal trash can on a stick if it went 350 ?‍♂️

Using comparable lofts I’m sure the max and 410 plus are very similar but even kicked down -1, my max was way higher lofted than it’s stated 9*, hence a good 4 mph ball speed gain with 410. Took a lot of self control not to order the 3w, it’s impressive also

I couldn’t disagree more about sound, and even more so feel....I didn’t even have the Flash SZ in my final 3 this year, even though it was consistently 2-3mph more average ball speed than anything else.

G410 is the real deal though, had it ordered and then ended up with the F9 just based on feel and sound even though the G410 was the longest I’ve hit and that was with the Alta S and not an aftermarket shaft.

G410 Plus has a hard time spinning less than 2700 rpms for me unless i open it all the way up which I don't like due my my miss being a block.. The LST driver will be out in the spring, in fact they had it at the PGA Merch show but didn't show it to many people as they wanted to keep it hush hush.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Will there be a G410 Max? I haven't heard it confirmed one way or the other. Unfortunately I need all the forgiveness I can get so I'm going to wait for now. I know several who bought the G400 and were very upset when the G400 Max was released a few months later...

I don't think there's a need for the max

Edel PROTO

Will there be a G410 Max? I haven't heard it confirmed one way or the other. Unfortunately I need all the forgiveness I can get so I'm going to wait for now. I know several who bought the G400 and were very upset when the G400 Max was released a few months later...

The G410 Plus is 455cc, no need to release a 460cc driver.

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

Couldn't care less about sound, I'd hit a metal trash can on a stick if it went 350 ��‍♂️

Using comparable lofts I'm sure the max and 410 plus are very similar but even kicked down -1, my max was way higher lofted than it's stated 9*, hence a good 4 mph ball speed gain with 410. Took a lot of self control not to order the 3w, it's impressive also

From my experience and talking with others, the 410+ is a lower spinning, lower launching head than Max -- I have a Max 9 degree and get great launch. But the 410+ doesn't seem to launch as high or spin as much - I've got to loft up this year, and a knowledgeable fitter said the same about the 410+. My 9 may be going to 10.5 to start the fitting,

• Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x

Couldn't care less about sound, I'd hit a metal trash can on a stick if it went 350 ��‍♂️

Using comparable lofts I'm sure the max and 410 plus are very similar but even kicked down -1, my max was way higher lofted than it's stated 9*, hence a good 4 mph ball speed gain with 410. Took a lot of self control not to order the 3w, it's impressive also

From my experience and talking with others, the 410+ is a lower spinning head than Max -- I have a Max 9 degree and get great launch. But the 410+ doesn't seem to launch as high or spin as much - I've got to loft up this year, and a knowledgeable fitter said the same about the 410+.

I concur. I did a fitting at CC on 12/31/18, at which time they fitted me to the G400Max. I absolutely needed forgiveness, so it made sense. It was 10.5* lofted down a half degree.

I didn’t buy that day because I wasn’t prepared to spend as much as it costed. Fast forward to having tax money back.

I went in last week to try a few more heads and we found the 410+ was best for me. Spin numbers came down (I’m super high spin). I was fit into the 9* head with it lofted up to 9.5*. Driver should arrive this week!

TSR2 8.0 / Tour AD CQ 6S

TSR2 16.5 / Ventus TR Red 7X

Epic Max 18 / MMT 70X 

U505 22 / HZRDUS RDX 6.0 80Hy

Artisan HC 6-P / KBS C-Taper Lite 115X

Artisan 49, 54, 59 / KBS C-Taper Lite 115X

Revolving Putter

From my experience and talking with others, the 410+ is a lower spinning head than Max -- I have a Max 9 degree and get great launch. But the 410+ doesn't seem to launch as high or spin as much - I've got to loft up this year, and a knowledgeable fitter said the same about the 410+.

I concur. I did a fitting at CC on 12/31/18, at which time they fitted me to the G400Max. I absolutely needed forgiveness, so it made sense. It was 10.5* lofted down a half degree.

I didn't buy that day because I wasn't prepared to spend as much as it costed. Fast forward to having tax money back.

I went in last week to try a few more heads and we found the 410+ was best for me. Spin numbers came down (I'm super high spin). I was fit into the 9* head with it lofted up to 9.5*. Driver should arrive this week!

Did you try the G400 LST? It's lower spin so it would be much better and cheaper than the 410Plus

Edel PROTO

I didn't buy that day because I wasn't prepared to spend as much as it costed. Fast forward to having tax money back.

I went in last week to try a few more heads and we found the 410+ was best for me. Spin numbers came down (I'm super high spin). I was fit into the 9* head with it lofted up to 9.5*. Driver should arrive this week!

Did you try the G400 LST? It's lower spin so it would be much better and cheaper than the 410Plus

410+ is a newer driver and Ping has changed the design so you do not know if it is lower spin - The LST is lower spin as to the G400 but the 410 is low. Although I agree that the 400/LST is a great driver, and I'm keeping my G400 head, selling the Max head, must let you know that the 410+ is more akin to the 400 LST in spin/maybe lower, and may be lower launching.

For me, the LST at 9 degrees was only about 250 rpm lower than the G400, but the G400 was ultimately the better fit because I am not high speed and need spin with my positive AOA.

• Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x

Why didn't you wait and go back again....Who knows what they would have fit you into.

I did not try the 400 LST - shame on me for that. I don't yet have buyer's remorse because I like the idea of the new hosel design having quite a few more setup options. Those plus the 3 locations of placing the weight on the back gives me (in my opinion) more room to grow as I intend to eventually make some swing improvements.

TSR2 8.0 / Tour AD CQ 6S

TSR2 16.5 / Ventus TR Red 7X

Epic Max 18 / MMT 70X 

U505 22 / HZRDUS RDX 6.0 80Hy

Artisan HC 6-P / KBS C-Taper Lite 115X

Artisan 49, 54, 59 / KBS C-Taper Lite 115X

Revolving Putter

• 2 weeks later...

I did not try the 400 LST - shame on me for that. I don't yet have buyer's remorse because I like the idea of the new hosel design having quite a few more setup options. Those plus the 3 locations of placing the weight on the back gives me (in my opinion) more room to grow as I intend to eventually make some swing improvements.

Well, if the G410 Plus has such low spin, right about on par with the G400 LST, then it would appear the G400 Max will be replaced with a more friendly driver.

From what I am hearing, there's no reason to come out with an LST in the G410, and it wouldn't surprise me if that's the case.

Hey man, I'm the dude

Is it the head, shaft or combo that is lower spinning? How much lower spinning than the G400 Max?

Driver: Ping G400 Max 10.5 Stock Alta (need shaft fitting)
Fairway Wood: Ryoma F5
Hybrid: TaylorMade M6 4H & 6H
Irons: OnOff Kuro 2015 6 - PW
Wedge: Cleveland RTX4 50, 54 and 58
Putter: S.C. GoLo 3
Ball: TaylorMade TP5X
Club hoe, builder, fitter and tester as hobbyist since 1993

The g410+ I ordered is @ 44.5" with some hot melt neutral bias but slightly forward. It's going to be a few weeks,, but I'm anxious to see how the numbers work out. Should be a sledge hammer!

Ping G LST 9*
Callaway Epic 3w & 5w Diamana Thump
X2 Hot #4 Hybrid Matrix White Tie
Ping ie1 5 - GW Nippon SPO
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*

The g410+ I ordered is @ 44.5" with some hot melt neutral bias but slightly forward. It's going to be a few weeks,, but I'm anxious to see how the numbers work out. Should be a sledge hammer!

how did you order it with hotmelt?

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

A properly fit G400 Max should beat out a properly fit G410 plus. The max is more forgiving (objectively) and ballspeeds should be the same if you hit both on the sweet spot since the CT and COR have been at their limits already.

I’ don’t think we can generalize like that. Rick Shields picked up about 10 yds with the 410 in his review of both. Next guy who reviews will probably find the opposite. The only reviews I trust are the ones I do

how did you order it with hotmelt?

Heavier than normal swingweight, plus asked for it.

Ping G LST 9*
Callaway Epic 3w & 5w Diamana Thump
X2 Hot #4 Hybrid Matrix White Tie
Ping ie1 5 - GW Nippon SPO
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*

"game" "gamer" "gamed" "gaming" I played softball for a long time.....In all those years, I don't remember one person ever asking me what bat I was "gaming.".....As a matter of fact, in all the years I have spent around golf courses, I don't recall any real person ( non forum guy ) ask me what clubs I was "gaming".

Thank you for this.

Cobra LTDx 10* UST Helium Nanocore 5F3
Cobra LTDx 18.5* UST Helium nanocore 5F3
PXG 0311XF Gen5 19* Hybrid Project X Cypher 5.5
PXG 0311 P Gen5 4-PW True Temper Elevate MP 95G S
RTX-3 50 bent to 51, 54 bent to 55 DG Ti Onyx S400
Wilson Staff PMP 58* DG S200
Scotty Cameron 009 A012056