2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Proudest/best day of your golf career

extrastiff

The day I walked with my daughter in one of her junior tournaments. She was 12 or 13 at the time. Temps were in the low 50s, the wind was 15-20 and it was spitting light rain. The other girls in her group looked miserable. As she was carrying her bag up the hill to the green on this one hole, she turned to me and said, "I LOVE this game!". Warmed my heart.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Walking with dad all over Scotland playing golf. Old Course was the special course.

2. Maybe not the proudest, but most memorable for sure. I bought a putter and took my 2 y/o with me. We were there for about 45 minutes and my child was angelic as I tested putters. Ended up buying a first run S.C. Futura which I still have in the bag. To reward my child we stopped at a c-store and we bought big ice cream sandwiches. We get home about 10 minutes later and my child is covered in ice cream. My wife exclaims, “My god! How much did that thing cost? (Looking at the putter). My child says, “A dollar.”

My wife still thinks I was coaching the response, I think she was talking about the ice cream sandwich. Regardless, it is still a mystery to my wife, but 16 years later it may be moot.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had several big rounds. What sticks out is perhaps the warmest.

I was playing one summer day by myself at a local club. Some First Tee kids were up at the first green practicing putting and chipping. The two adults ushered the kids to the side as I hit an approach, chipped on and made bogie.

The second hole was a 150-yd. par 3 with a lagoon front and right. The adult asked if the kids could watch me play the hole. I gulped, and said yes.

I boldly told the kids I was going to hit a 7i draw, working the ball back against a left to right breeze. I hit a nice high shot that landed front left of green in some light fluff. The kids all ran up behind the green to watch my chip shot.

I took out a PW and ran the ball up about two inches wide of the cup and three feet long. The kids all oohed and talked to the ball as it ran by.

I then sank the putt to save par. All of the kids applauded and cheered!

One of those best days...

What's In The Bag (As of April 2023, post-MAX change + new putter)

Driver:  Tour Edge EXS 10.5° (base loft); weights neutral   ||  FWs:  Calla Rogue 4W + 7W

Hybrid:  Calla Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  Calla Mavrik MAX 5i-PW

Wedges*:  Calla MD3: 48°... MD4: 54°, 58° ||  PutterΨSeeMore FGP + SuperStroke 1.0PT, 33" shaft

Ball: 1. Srixon Q-Star Tour / 2. Calla SuperHot (Orange preferred)  ||  Bag: Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag

* MD4 54°/10 S-Grind replaced MD3 54°/12 W-Grind.

Ψ  Backups:

• Ping Sigma G Tyne (face-balanced) + Evnroll Gravity Grip |
  • Slotline Inertial SL-583F w/ SuperStroke 2.MidSlim (50 gr. weight removed) |

In 1982 I had moved from NE Seattle to Boise for a new job. Didn't know anybody at first, but quickly found where the best players and the "game" were located. So hung out there and started playing regularly in the crew.

The game was a daily 4-man best-ball with a low-middle-higher-highest hcp team makeup. Typically there would be 12-15 teams with a $5 ante by each player. The pot was decent and enough to pay for your round and round or two if you did well (think it paid three places) with gross scoring. That day I teamed with three nice guys ... one was about a 9, another 15-16, and one a 25. I was off 2 at the time.

The assistant pro also had roots in NE Seattle and we had talked occasionally about old haunts there. Real good guy and far more accomplished in golf than I. He was a former Idaho State Am champion, burly, and could bust it 50yds past me easily. He also played in the crew. After the teams were formed (early August day), he came over to me and said he wanted a side game for $10-$10-$10. Knowing he could beat me handily, I still said "Okay".

The crew always played from the back tees at 7,003yds, par 72. 1 bogey, 1 eagle, 8 birdies, and 8 pars later I had shot 63 (no putts given by rule). My partners stopped saying much after seeing bird-bird-bird-par-eagle on the back nine. The bogey came on #2 on a straight uphill 3-putt from 20ft left 6ft short. Obviously, nearly everything else went in the hole.

We hit the clubhouse and word had spread before anyone could order a brew. Lots of the earlier finishers were sitting around. The asst pro's team came in a couple after ours. He learned what I shot and came over to where we were calculating the winnings. He, in mock anger (I'd like to think), threw down his losing bet and said "Don't you ever bet me again". This was odd, since he was the one who proposed the wager. I think my reply was the same "Okay". We always remained friendly.

The team wound up taking nearly all the money that day. Then it got even crazier.

We're sitting and shooting the bull and the second assistant in the pro shop came over and said "That's a new course record". I wasn't thinking about that at all. I was thinking why it wasn't a 61 (the 3-putt and a missed curling 4ft for birdie on #10). Typical golfer, right? So I asked him what the record had been. He said "64 and you just took it from that same asst pro". I had taken the daily winnings, his wager and his course record and was noticed by the exec secretary of the Idaho Golf Assn all at once.

The IGA fellow had been around a while and was well-regarded. He happened to be at the course at the time. This was long before the hcp e-systems now; it was drop the signed cards in the box. Don't know if it was the best 10 of last 20 or not, but my hcp went to 0.0 immediately.

The reconfiguration of two holes (#1 from 5 to 4 and #2 from 4 to 5 with a moat) and routing changed shortly thereafter. So my 63 stands, at least for the original layout. It was a day you cannot forget.

Driver - Powerbilt persimmon

3w - Powerbilt persimmon

irons - Walter Hagen Ultradyne II

putter - Spalding Elite IV (still in the bag)

ball - Pinnacle (immediately retired)

edit: fix formatting

I have two that are tied:

1. May 2015, I was scheduled that afternoon to play golf with my boss' husband at a local resort course (Reunion). I woke up that morning feeling pretty good. Got better news when my wife screamed in the bathroom and called me in and showed me she was pregnant for the first time. We'd been trying for years. So I'm already feeling amazing no matter what happens on the course. Anyway, boss' husband gets the tee times mixed up and we end up just going to a local course. I broke 80 for the first time there by birdie'ing each of the 4 par 5's. I started double/double. The grin could not be wiped off my face for a good 3 weeks.

2. August 2016. Planned trip to visit my dad in Michigan for 3 straight days of amazing golf. This was my birthday present and I hadn't gotten a chance to play with my Dad in a long time, I've also NEVER beaten him over 18 holes. We played some great courses (including the Country Club of Detroit) but on the 2nd day, we played a course called Tanglewood and he saw me go pretty low that day and beat him for the first time. I was very proud I played well, but he was even prouder his son beat him that day. We had a couple beers over lunch and finished watching whatever FedEx cup playoff event was going on that week just hanging out father and son. My step-mom later told me he was so excited for that weekend he exhausted himself afterwards and had to sleep for a full day straight. Means much more to me now that I just had my first son a few weeks ago and cannot imagine how cool it must be to spend that kind of time with your kids doing something you both love.

WITB:

Driver: Taylormade SIM 9° 

Fairway Wood: Taylormade SIM TI 15°, Titleist 917F2 18°

Irons: Ping i210 4-UW

Wedges: Titleist SM8 S-Grind 54°, 58°

Putter: Nike BC-01 33"

First day back on the course after recovering from partial paralysis from Guillain-Barre Syndrome was pretty special. Couldn't walk well but just being able to play again was such a confidence-booster.

Last summer, eight years later at 29, playing my first competitive golf since I was 14, pulling my first tee shot to the left woods despite my default fade shape. Look at my dad and brother watching and smile.

Hugging my dad on the 5th tee before he and my brother left that day erased the sting of 4 opening bogies! Striped it, made the bird. Went on for 79 with a 50 foot eagle and next-day 78 to beat my goal of breaking 160 for the tourney. Great and very proud weekend of golf for an 8 cap.

Was -1 through 11 holes at Pebble with a 5-tine California Amateur champ as my caddie. Finished with an 81 from the tips but had the golf day of my life.

• TSi2 9*, G4 HZRDUS Black 60s
  • SIM2 Ti @ 17*, LinQ Purple 70S
  • TS2 21* + 24* HZRDUS Bl Smoke 80s
  • T100S 6-PW, TTDG S300
  • SM9 52* 56* 60* TTDG S300
  • White Hot OG 7 Bird 

My best day might have been nailing my drive on the 18th at the Old Course then receiving a smattering of applause from the small group, that always seemed to be gathered behind the 18th green, when my pitch and run approach threaded its' way through the Valley of Sin to pin high. The birdie putt lipped out but it was a good finish to a great day.

Loving reading some of these stories, thank you for sharing them guys. I swear since becoming a dad, reading anything about fathers and sons playing golf has the chance of setting me off into becoming an emotional wreck. My son is not yet 4 months old so I don't have any golf related stories with him but the possibility that I might in the future makes me feel great as it is.

For now, I have a hard time describing myself as proud at a particular moment on the golf course but my best moment on the golf course was shooting 68 in the first round of my home clubs 5 Day Open.

5 Day Open's seem to be fairly unique to the North of Scotland but most clubs at some point in the summer will have a 4 or 5 Day Open. As an example of how popular they are, at my home club, the event takes place the second week in July and is fully booked with 190 players. At another local club where they have two courses, they are fully booked with 336 players playing. They are great weeks!

At my home club, the format is two medal rounds to qualify for the matchplay rounds with 16 guys making it to the scratch section. In the first round I had been going pretty good. I knew that I had been playing well and I was playing with one of my best friends who was/is a +2 player. I was off 4 at the time, I would always like to think that I could hang with him but I needed to be playing at my best and hope that he was just having a decent day. This day, he had some pretty good stuff and shot a 70 but I managed to take him by 2. There were a couple of points where things could have gone badly but I just had it that day and I was able to get myself back on track.

The first of those was on the 8th hole, I was one under for the day at the time. The 8th at our club is a 458 yard par 4 with the green guarded by two sizeable bunkers either side. Unfortunately, I leaked my second shot ever so slightly right and ended up in one of those bunkers. I am usually a pretty good bunker player but for some reason I just quit on the 3rd shot and managed to leave it in the bunker. In my head I am instantly thinking that if I don't get it up and down I go from being one under for the day to one over and that would just be the usual sort of thing that I do. Fortunately, that day, I had the sense to take a moment and give myself a little pep talk. As soon as I did that, I knew I was upping and downing it for the 5 to at least not slip to being over par and that is just what I did.

My friend commented later was the moment he knew I was going to score well that day. Typically, and I know this myself, I would have ended up taking a double from one silly little mistake.

From there on in, I played great. Our club has a couple of short par 4's back to back, one 280 and then next 325. They had cameras set up showing live in the clubhouse for those that were finished, waiting to go out or just interested in watching. I drove both greens in one and had simple two putt birdies. Everything was relatively stress free all the way round until 18. I stood there knowing that was on a score that was likely to be near the top, if not leading after the first day. I also knew that I deserved to score well. I had played great and handled myself brilliantly. Stupid thought on the final tee I'll admit. Unsurprisingly, I hit my worst tee shot of the day. A cutty, blocked sort of a shot which ended up in the trees with there being no prospect of getting on the green in two. It was a hack out to get myself back onto the fairway with 140 yards left for my third.

The last green at our club is an elevated narrow one, being only 15 yards wide at points but 40 yards long. Miss it and you are either in a bunker left or 5 feet below the level of the surface. I was feeling it, I needed a par, I had to have a par, I have never shot 68 in competition before. Adding to everything was that I was out relatively late in the day, the clubhouse was full and it looks down on the final green. Everyone was watching. This was not a time to miss the green. I gave myself a similar pep talk, mainly just positive thoughts, do keep doing what I had been doing and I hit a 9 iron 15 feet below the hole. Part one of the job done. From there on in waking to the green I managed to convince myself that there was no way, absolutely no way that I was missing this putt. My playing partners went first, I had plenty of time to look at the putt and plenty of time to realise how many eyes were on us.

I stepped up to the plate and rolled it in! After a causal fist pump, more DJ than Tiger I was signing the card for 68. After a few minutes in the clubhouse, the scoreboard was updated and there I was at the top. Best feeling after a round of golf ever! There was a Scottish international in the field, a number of district players and guys that had won club championships, the sort of thing that I will never do. To say that I was delighted is an understatement! I was absolutely buzzing.

All of that said, the best moment might have actually been the next day. I didn't play anywhere near as well. I'll admit it was hard if not impossible for me to follow it up but on the third tee on that second day, we were waiting for the fairway to clear. There was an old guy out walking. He wasn't a member of the club, but like most people who stayed around the club, they knew that it was the 5 Day Open that week. He walked over to watch us tee off. Whilst we were waiting he made the usual sort of small talk. He then asked us a group, "so who is it that is leading?" My friend replied (before I could even think about whether or not it would be be big headed for me to answer me) "he is" pointing at me. The old guy was delighted and said he had obviously gotten the right group to stop and watch.

It was a great few days and a great week. Looking forward to it all happening again this year!

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

My dad is a good golfer, sub 10 hcp with average equipment. Never spent money on great clubs. He would take me to hit balls and I loved it. When he eventually took me to play real courses I couldn’t sleep the night before, golfing was my happy place and still is. He was a Pepsi truck driver and we weren’t rich, but we didn’t want for much either.

He told me when I was a freshman in high school if I made the golf team he would buy me some footjoy golf shoes $129 right off the rack. I was using Wilson staff goose neck irons that were probably an 1.5” too long for me. I went out and shot 89-85 to make the team and I was geeked. The pride of showing my dad that I could play with the big boys was so thrilling for me. I still haven’t topped that feeling. I still have the footjoys and everytime I see them it reminds me of high school golf and the good old days.

I made a double eagle from 220 yards a few years ago in front of my son (5 at the time). I looked over at him and just said “I think that went in”, and he threw me a “nice shot dad”. He’s still disappointed whenever I don’t hole full shots from 220 and in, which has been essentially 100% of the time since.

Being a dad is funny though. That memory is only special to me because of my son being there and being sweet and innocent and thinking that was a common thing. Carrying my kid’s golf bags will always be more satisfying to me than any round I’ll ever play.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: PXG 0311XF Gen 5 4 Wood; Smoke iM10 Green 70 TX D6

Irons: PXG 0317X; PXG 0311T Gen 5; 5-GW DG 105 X D7

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

Loving reading some of these stories, thank you for sharing them guys. I swear since becoming a dad, reading anything about fathers and sons playing golf has the chance of setting me off into becoming an emotional wreck. My son is not yet 4 months old so I don't have any golf related stories with him but the possibility that I might in the future makes me feel great as it is.

For now, I have a hard time describing myself as proud at a particular moment on the golf course but my best moment on the golf course was shooting 68 in the first round of my home clubs 5 Day Open.

5 Day Open's seem to be fairly unique to the North of Scotland but most clubs at some point in the summer will have a 4 or 5 Day Open. As an example of how popular they are, at my home club, the event takes place the second week in July and is fully booked with 190 players. At another local club where they have two courses, they are fully booked with 336 players playing. They are great weeks!

At my home club, the format is two medal rounds to qualify for the matchplay rounds with 16 guys making it to the scratch section. In the first round I had been going pretty good. I knew that I had been playing well and I was playing with one of my best friends who was/is a +2 player. I was off 4 at the time, I would always like to think that I could hang with him but I needed to be playing at my best and hope that he was just having a decent day. This day, he had some pretty good stuff and shot a 70 but I managed to take him by 2. There were a couple of points where things could have gone badly but I just had it that day and I was able to get myself back on track.

The first of those was on the 8th hole, I was one under for the day at the time. The 8th at our club is a 458 yard par 4 with the green guarded by two sizeable bunkers either side. Unfortunately, I leaked my second shot ever so slightly right and ended up in one of those bunkers. I am usually a pretty good bunker player but for some reason I just quit on the 3rd shot and managed to leave it in the bunker. In my head I am instantly thinking that if I don't get it up and down I go from being one under for the day to one over and that would just be the usual sort of thing that I do. Fortunately, that day, I had the sense to take a moment and give myself a little pep talk. As soon as I did that, I knew I was upping and downing it for the 5 to at least not slip to being over par and that is just what I did.

My friend commented later was the moment he knew I was going to score well that day. Typically, and I know this myself, I would have ended up taking a double from one silly little mistake.

From there on in, I played great. Our club has a couple of short par 4's back to back, one 280 and then next 325. They had cameras set up showing live in the clubhouse for those that were finished, waiting to go out or just interested in watching. I drove both greens in one and had simple two putt birdies. Everything was relatively stress free all the way round until 18. I stood there knowing that was on a score that was likely to be near the top, if not leading after the first day. I also knew that I deserved to score well. I had played great and handled myself brilliantly. Stupid thought on the final tee I'll admit. Unsurprisingly, I hit my worst tee shot of the day. A cutty, blocked sort of a shot which ended up in the trees with there being no prospect of getting on the green in two. It was a hack out to get myself back onto the fairway with 140 yards left for my third.

The last green at our club is an elevated narrow one, being only 15 yards wide at points but 40 yards long. Miss it and you are either in a bunker left or 5 feet below the level of the surface. I was feeling it, I needed a par, I had to have a par, I have never shot 68 in competition before. Adding to everything was that I was out relatively late in the day, the clubhouse was full and it looks down on the final green. Everyone was watching. This was not a time to miss the green. I gave myself a similar pep talk, mainly just positive thoughts, do keep doing what I had been doing and I hit a 9 iron 15 feet below the hole. Part one of the job done. From there on in waking to the green I managed to convince myself that there was no way, absolutely no way that I was missing this putt. My playing partners went first, I had plenty of time to look at the putt and plenty of time to realise how many eyes were on us.

I stepped up to the plate and rolled it in! After a causal fist pump, more DJ than Tiger I was signing the card for 68. After a few minutes in the clubhouse, the scoreboard was updated and there I was at the top. Best feeling after a round of golf ever! There was a Scottish international in the field, a number of district players and guys that had won club championships, the sort of thing that I will never do. To say that I was delighted is an understatement! I was absolutely buzzing.

All of that said, the best moment might have actually been the next day. I didn't play anywhere near as well. I'll admit it was hard if not impossible for me to follow it up but on the third tee on that second day, we were waiting for the fairway to clear. There was an old guy out walking. He wasn't a member of the club, but like most people who stayed around the club, they knew that it was the 5 Day Open that week. He walked over to watch us tee off. Whilst we were waiting he made the usual sort of small talk. He then asked us a group, "so who is it that is leading?" My friend replied (before I could even think about whether or not it would be be big headed for me to answer me) "he is" pointing at me. The old guy was delighted and said he had obviously gotten the right group to stop and watch.

It was a great few days and a great week. Looking forward to it all happening again this year!

for real, some of these stories are so well-told that I feel like im watching them happen. . . very cool responses.

update:

I will be headed back to fort myers in a week, with a few more lessons and even lower scores than the last trip very excited to play with grandad again. The last round or two with him, his playing partners were talking about how fun it is to play with someone like me, how awesome my straight drives were, they like the way my blades sound when I hit the ball. . . . .

I honestly had to look around to see if they were talking to somebody else lol. very weird feeling to be complimented on something I'm so used to being average at. Golf is fun :)

Radspeed 8, 13.5, 17.5/hzrdusgreentx                                                           Radspeed 21/tz4100m5+
Utility one length 3,4 iron/mmt105tx
                                                              Forged one length 6-9/x100 wedge onyx

vokey 46*8, 54*8, 62*8/s400 wedge onyx                                                    phantom x5/stabilitytour

The district tournament my senior year of high school. I didn't really play golf until my freshman year and didn't take a single lesson until a couple years after that. I'd made varsity my sophomore year and cracked the top 5 by my junior year but I was not very good. By my senior year I was shooting mid 80s to low 90s consistently in tournament golf--but mostly on courses that aren't all that tough. I never had considered myself very good--cause I wasn't-- and the thought of playing in the state tournament was something I had absolutely aspirations to do. Not that I didn't want to, but to me that was something that was reserved for the "actual golfers."

Fast forward to what I thought was my last tournament of my high school golf career. That season I'd really put in some work and was really happy with how I was playing--my short game had really taken off. Warmed up terribly. Worse swing of the season. Got on the course and everything just fell into place. I bogeyed the first hole but for some reason after that everything just was comfortable. Long story short-- I shot 82 (almost 10 strokes below my stroke average for the season) and qualified for the state tournament.

I went on the play some really good golf in college. I eventually went on to be a scratch and shoot under par many times... But something about that 82 will be with me for the rest of my life. Funny enough.. The high school coaches around here still talk about it.

great question, tough answer.

My senior year in high school, first meet of the year i made 9 birdies, 7 bogeys and 2 pars for a 70 and won the individual medalist with 22 schools bringing 5 players each(110 players). My coach did some research to see what the state record for birdies in a round was and thought it was a tie(i doubt there was enough info to determine). I had a hunch it would be my day when i birdied my first hole, then hit one in the woods on 2, chipped out sideways, hit 3rd from 150yds onto the green and made a 30 footer for par.

We won states the 2 years previous which was awesome too, but individually, the above is #1 in my books.

Callaway

Kind of a tie....my first HIO I called the shot, high cut 9 iron, just past pin to spin back in the hole....it did!

But since have to choose, my 3rd HIO at Cowboys golf club with my Son - he wanted to play there for a Christmas present...turned out great for both of us!

2021 Bag Update:

Epic Max LS - MMT 60S

Epic Flash 5 Wood

Epic 3/4 Hybrids

Apex '21 Irons 5-7  MMT95 TT

Apex Pro '21 Irons 8-A  MMT95 TT

PM Grind Slate Wedges 58/64

Odyssey Exo Mini 7s

B330 XS Yellow

Best day was a few weeks ago, when I decided that I never wanted to play golf again. I had grown so frustrated and disillusioned with my game that something had to give. So I bought some new guitars, and am in the process of selling all my golf gear. Could not be happier with my decision.

PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

Proudest, probably the first time I played the club championship in the top division and shot -2 on the front nine from the back tees as a 6 hcp. We won't talk about the back nine.

Best, playing the old course with my dad on our first full day in Scotland. I'm not sure what could top that, though I'm willing to see how a hole in one would measure up some day.

Best day was a few weeks ago, when I decided that I never wanted to play golf again. I had grown so frustrated and disillusioned with my game that something had to give. So I bought some new guitars, and am in the process of selling all my golf gear. Could not be happier with my decision.

Sounds like a wise decision. Shred!

Ps lemme get that Toulon

Radspeed 8, 13.5, 17.5/hzrdusgreentx                                                           Radspeed 21/tz4100m5+
Utility one length 3,4 iron/mmt105tx
                                                              Forged one length 6-9/x100 wedge onyx

vokey 46*8, 54*8, 62*8/s400 wedge onyx                                                    phantom x5/stabilitytour

Sounds like a wise decision. Shred!

Ps lemme get that Toulon

PM me (assuming you’re a fellow leftie). Everything is going.

PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

So many experiences stand out over the years with my dad, granddads, wife and daughters. Proudest by far would be feeling pride for my oldest daughter at any of a number of tournaments over the years when she played in HS. Fun times with her, my dad, who wouldn't miss a meet, especially if I couldn't make one because of work. "Best" is a toughie, but if I go with best result I won't feel guilty about leaving out so many other moments. Summer after the oldest daughter's senior year we played in our course's inaugural member-member four ball. We managed a one stroke win and were in the last group. On 18, folks were pulling golf carts up by the green to watch the last foursome come in - I promptly jacked my tee shot out of bounds. She coolly parred the hole (my second went OB also, so I was out of it, lol) to seal the win. We each got matching plastic trophies (only golf trophy I have, only real tournament I've ever been part of winning) and it is displayed with love on the bookshelf where I keep my golf books.

• 2 months later...