PXG 0311T vs APEX PRO

ProjectX_Mizuno ·  
ProjectX_MizunoProjectX_Mizuno Members  1815WRX Points: 150Handicap: +1.2Posts: 1,815 Platinum Tees
Based strictly on performance...... which one of these irons do you prefer and why? Unfortunately, with all of the snow on the ground I haven't been able to demo these side by side. Thanks for your input.
Posted:

Comments

• vpexpvpexp Members  88WRX Points: 114Posts: 88 Fairways
    I’m curious too. Especially since the Gen 1 PXG’s cost less than the Apex Pros.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • TasalsTasals Members  371WRX Points: 141Handicap: 3.7Posts: 371 Greens
    They are basically the same. My brother played original Apex Pros with a Project X 6.5 and my friend played Gen1 0311Ts with a Project x 7.0. and his brother played Apex Pros with C-Taper Xs. There was pretty much zero difference performance wise. Its all looks (subjective), feel, that said if I had to buy a set, Id go with the cheaper option.
    Posted:
  • dunndunn Members  6362WRX Points: 163Handicap: 5Posts: 6,362 Titanium Tees
    Well lofts are weaker on PXG, I have pxg 0311 t....its basically a ping iron

Have hit apex cf16 and maybe tad easier idk...more springy and bit longer for sure

Callaway is more rounded where pxg is more boxy...

Size if heads are similar though shape is different...cally maybe touch thicker on top

Chit, just seen you said pro not std apex...
    Posted:
  • dunndunn Members  6362WRX Points: 163Handicap: 5Posts: 6,362 Titanium Tees
    One is rounded and one more boxy

Pick one you like better

PXG looks identical to ping iron at address...if you like that you'll like these...I have em

Prices of one piece forged iron have gotten crazy

Performance/dispersion is YOU! and what you hit/like better (for whatever reason)...its not one is physically better than another...
    Posted:
  • KevinnzKevinnz Members  389WRX Points: 90Posts: 389 Greens
    0311t feels and off center misses out performs any competitors. Its forgiveness off center wise is way better.

However it wont forgive your swing flaws just like any other players irons.

Apex pro are slimmer topline wise and shorter in the blade length. Good feel on the center but clicky off center as expected.

I played apex pro for a few rounds and sold them once I bought the 0311t.
    Posted:
  • DFS PFDDFS PFD Members  1577WRX Points: 784Handicap: 1.8Posts: 1,577 Platinum Tees
    Have played both. the new Apex Pro's are my all time favorites. Look perfect, and forgiving enough to get around the course stress free. The PXG's spent two weeks in my bag, wasn't a fan of the feel. Wish the Apex Pro's came in a satin finish instead of ultra bright chrome, but wish in one hand.
    Posted:
    SIM 8* Ventus Black 6X
    G410 LST  HZRDUS Smoke Hulk 6.5TX 60g 
    Epic Flash SZ 15* Tensei PW 80TX
    2-PW Ping Blueprint DG X7
    55* SM8 Raw
    61* SM8 Raw
    L.A.B 2.1 

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Soccerrick10Soccerrick10 Members  113WRX Points: 65Posts: 113 Fairways
    I found the Aprx Pro to be “ok”. I am a big fan of the PXG and find the 0311T as easy to hit as the Player and Xtreme Forgiveness (XF).
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.