Drivers - Mizuno ST190 vs Cobra F9

randyfitz ·  
randyfitzrandyfitz Members  316WRX Points: 82Posts: 316 Greens
Anyone tested them side by side? I currently game the F7 but was looking at upgrading. Based on the reviews on this board, the F9 is the best driver to be built since......the PIng GMAX. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I played the Fly-Z, F6, and F7 so thought about giving the Mizuno ST190 or Titleist TS2 a shot.

What say you ole wise ones?
Posted:

Comments

• mpmz71mpmz71 Members  86WRX Points: 33Posts: 86 Fairways
    I've tried both out and decided on the ST190 today. They were very close in performance, but ultimately I preferred the look, sound and feel of the Mizuno.

My only complaint in the ST190 is the minimal number of Atmos TS shafts offered. I'd prefer a TS Blue or Red. The F9 at least offers the Blue.

You probably can't go wrong with either. I may even end up buying an F9 as well to try out on course.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • solidsnakeivsolidsnakeiv FloridaMembers  20WRX Points: 25Handicap: 15Posts: 20 Bunkers
    I am also looking at both of these drivers. Very interested to see what the consensus is on this.
    Posted:
  • therealjonzonetherealjonzone Members  2694WRX Points: 326Handicap: 2.9Posts: 2,694 Titanium Tees
    Hit both extensively, and you’re splitting hairs.

I did hit a personal best 171+ Ball Speed for 5 in a row with the St190, and loved the look and feel, but went with the F9 based on personal preference and an extended dispersion love session on Trackman with the Atmos Black 7x.
    Posted:
  • johnnythundersjohnnythunders ClubWRX  1756WRX Points: 162Posts: 1,756 Platinum Tees
    St190g for me. The st190 was a little more fade biased. And I like to play with weights.

The cobra is fast but looks like the Adam West bat mobile. Lots of stuff when you look down on it. I don’t mind bat mobiles but I like the Ben AFfleck batmobile like the Ping G400 max.

Mizuno looks, sounds and fells much better than f9. Distance and dispersion is similar to the f9. But I just love the Mizuno, the Cobra would be my second choice.

So I’ve tried all the new ones, came down to the Mizuno and Cobra.

So going into the year it while be number one Callaway Big Bertha Fusion, Ping G400 max and the Mizuno st190g. One will be cut by April 30. I’ll keep 2. M guess is the fusion and Mizuno.

Shafts will be evo 3, evo 5, pro 2.0, helium and ventus in the Mizuno.

Fun fun fun.
    Posted:
    2020 Big Bertha Fusion with FuJi 661 stiff evo 3, Mizuno ST200 with Fuji 661 Evo 3 stiffMavrik 5/7 Helium 5 regular, Big Bertha 6 and 7 hybrid recoil esx 460 regular, Cobra T-rail 7-gw, with Mitsubishi OTi75 regular, Mizuno s18 56 aeroteck 125 regular, Toulon Austin, Ball  undecided.
  • third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members  2795WRX Points: 1,093Posts: 2,795 Titanium Tees
    I did not like the F9 at all. Mizuno all the way.
    Posted:

President of ShaftHos Anonymous

Epic Flash / Apex 19 / Apex + Pro / Epic / MD4 / Scotty Custom . || . ATMOS TS Black / Kai'li / Pro 2.0 / 1050Gh / GD AD-UT / 610

• randyfitzrandyfitz Members  316WRX Points: 82Posts: 316 Greens
    I am torn. The all black Mizuno looks so good, but the F9 is being reported as the best driver ever made. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • WillyLWillyL Winnipeg, 🇨🇦 Members  366WRX Points: 96Handicap: MePosts: 366 Greens
    Hit the 190 yesterday. Felt great and sounded even better!! The only shaft available was the Atmos blue 5s. It wasn't the right shaft for me. I can hardly wait to try the Black 6s.
    Posted:
    Cobra Speedzone 9* ADBB 6s
    Nike SQ2 19 hybrid Aldila VS Proto
    Mizuno MP18 4-6 SC, 7-PW MB C-Taper 120s
    Vokey SM6 50-10, SM7 54-14 & 58-04
    Studio Select NP2
    Custom 2015 Scotty GOLO 3
    Scotty M2 (Gamer)
    Scotty T22 Teryllium 1.5 FB
  • DFDLTDFDLT Members  140WRX Points: 57Posts: 140 Fairways
    TXG on YouTube did a side by side test of these
    Posted:
  • kiw1982kiw1982 Williamsburg, VAMembers  1238WRX Points: 161Handicap: 7Posts: 1,238 Platinum Tees
    Tried them in my fitting.

All new offerings were performing very similar.

Mizzy spun a bit higher in my case.

Mizzy looekd better for me.

Mizzy sounded better to me.

But fitter said my st180 was better suit for me haha.
    Posted:
    Cobra                    F9 9.0 Driver w/HZRDUS Smoke 60 6.0
    Titleist                   TS2 16.5 Wood w/HZRDUS Smoke 70 6.0
    Ping                       G410 19 Hybrid w/Tensei Blue 80 stiff
    Titleist                   818 H2 23 Hybrid w/Tensei Blue 80 stiff
    Mizuno                  MP-32 5-P Iron set w/DG S300
    Ping                       Glide 2.0 52/56/60 Wedges w/AWT 2.0
    Nike                       EverClear E11 Putter 
  •  SwooshLT SwooshLT Members  7353WRX Points: 412Handicap: 5Posts: 7,353 Titanium Tees
    randyfitz wrote:

I am torn. The all black Mizuno looks so good, but the F9 is being reported as the best driver ever made. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

It CAN'T be.....that belongs to the Flash sub zero #2019mostwanted
    Posted:
  • robcharobcha ClubWRX  46WRX Points: 26Posts: 46 ClubWRX
    Tested both as well. Bought the 190 per the points below, for me:
    • Mizuno head address was better to me, less closed
    • Mizuno sounded a lot better, I got a bit of a muffled noise with the F9 (I like to hear a louder whack)
    • Prefer a "regular" face than the milled, something about it gets to me.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • therealjonzonetherealjonzone Members  2694WRX Points: 326Handicap: 2.9Posts: 2,694 Titanium Tees
    SwooshLT wrote:

randyfitz wrote:

And also worst feeling
    Posted:
  • From_Parts_UnknownFrom_Parts_Unknown Members  1945WRX Points: 301Posts: 1,945 Platinum Tees

SwooshLT wrote:

randyfitz wrote:

And also worst feeling

And worst sounding
    Posted:

SwooshLT wrote:

randyfitz wrote:

And also worst feeling

But hands down shaft for shaft, the longest no doubt.

And worst sounding
    Posted:
  •  SwooshLT SwooshLT Members  7353WRX Points: 412Handicap: 5Posts: 7,353 Titanium Tees

SwooshLT wrote:

randyfitz wrote:

And also worst feeling

And worst sounding

It's not as muted ....nope more explosive sounding....for those with overly sensitive ears beware! Lol.....but I couldn't deny the extra 10 I gained over st190 and F9....both incredible drivers and you can't go wrong with any 2019 offering....that is unless you enjoy that closed F9 setup with busy address position ....bias flight of st190....but hey, what do I know? Peace
    Posted:
    SwooshLT wrote:

SwooshLT wrote:

randyfitz wrote:

And also worst feeling

And worst sounding

It's not as muted ....nope more explosive sounding....for those with overly sensitive ears beware! Lol.....but I couldn't deny the extra 10 I gained over st190 and F9....both incredible drivers and you can't go wrong with any 2019 offering....that is unless you enjoy that closed F9 setup with busy address position ....bias flight of st190....but hey, what do I know? Peace

Can’t deny the distance on the lower swing speed guys and probably the better sound at their speed.

At 170+ BS it was deep for me for sure - but the feel was lacking and the it wasn’t the loud sound it was like hitting a tin can.

F9 didn’t look shut, but then again I was hitting the 9* head.

ST190g was probably the worst feeling Driver of 2019 so far for me, and the standard one was probably the best....all with ProV1x balls of course, so range ball theories are off the table.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • bird_4_3bird_4_3 Members  617WRX Points: 100Handicap: 8.6Posts: 617 Golden Tee
    9 head on f9 is not closed. Both are great drivers but the tour lenght f9 was the best for me.
    Posted:
    Ping G410 
    Epic 3
    XR 16 3 and 4 Hybrid
    Ping I210 5-UW
    TM Ardmore
    Ping Stealth Wedges

SwooshLT wrote:

SwooshLT wrote:

And also worst feeling

And worst sounding

Can’t deny the distance on the lower swing speed guys and probably the better sound at their speed.

At 170+ BS it was deep for me for sure - but the feel was lacking and the it wasn’t the loud sound it was like hitting a tin can.

F9 didn’t look shut, but then again I was hitting the 9* head.

ST190g was probably the worst feeling Driver of 2019 so far for me, and the standard one was probably the best....all with ProV1x balls of course, so range ball theories are off the table.

I tried a f9 10.5* lofted down so open in theory.....very,very accurate club but just didn't get out there with fsz due to spin....on course the fsz has been a dream....came from the inconsistently long M3...could easily game F9 in white but like ping the ridges and humps on top are distracting
    Posted:
  • randyfitzrandyfitz Members  316WRX Points: 82Posts: 316 Greens
    I just bought a mizuno st190 new off the bay. I'll try it this weekend and then sell it to one of you knuckleheads when I don't like it.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.