True Game Changer.....2019 Aldila Rogue 130 Tour TX Line Up. Trackman Data and Analysis

TollBros

I figured now since we have tested all three of the Rogue 130 line, White, Silver, and Black, it was finally time for the data, analysis, and photos. These are MY thoughts, observations from testing, and my initial data with each shaft in the same head. I will update with progressively slower speed numbers every day or two. Specs are below.

Taylormade M3

8.5 Degree

1 degree open

44.5 inches

D2 swingweight

Pure Midsize grip

Shafts were tested at the same headweight, as well as a second test that was adjusted for swingweight. What is posted here is the identical swingweight testing. We also tested with M3 for the line, because I didn't want to ruin the M5 and M6 head test and reviews by testing with the M5 head. That will come in a couple of weeks.

Rogue 130 Silver - Being most traditionally balanced of the line, I think this is the shaft that fits the most good players. The feel is pretty tight, the load on the shaft is not very pronounced and a lot of guys find that this thing gets very stiff feeling if overtipped, but doesn't at all feel overwealming if you get the tipping correct. It's definitely the tightest and supposed to be lowest spin of the line. While performance did not vary a ton based on 1/2 inch differences, with the spin being slightly lower when tipped more, the feel changes a lot when you tip too much. For those of you who decide to buy one of these, make sure that your fitter really knows the product and how it reacts in each head. It will make a huge feel difference.

Performance is what you would expect from a profile like this, and it is signficantly firmer and lower spin than the previous generation 125 version. This is not an evolution, it's more like an entire redesign in the way it feels and performs. As I said before, it can feel a bit stiff and a little overwealming for some players if that's not the type of shaft you normally like. Guys on Tour, however, really do prefer this type of feel and profile and that's why you see some decent numbers in play, and as the full line is revealed now, I think you will see more and more in play each week. This is definitely a low spin shaft, and I've seen a few guys need to loft up when switching to it, much like the Aldila ATX Tour Green 2019.

Rogue 130 Black - This is the most counterbalanced shaft in the line. About 1 point less swingweight wise than White, and about 2 1/2 points lighter than Silver. Rogue 130 Black is very smooth, almost a Tensei Pro Blue type buttery smoothness to the load and release of energy. I would say it's most geared toward a player who wants the additional swing speed and ball speed that counterbalanced shafts tend to generate, but in a bit higher launch and smoother package than something like Tensei Pro Orange. For you guys who wished there was a shaft that performed more like Blueboard but with counterbalance, here you go.

Our smoother tempo testers really loved this shaft. And it tested out most positively of all the 130 line in fairway wood applications. It has a nice even load to the shaft with a little more flex felt lower down the shaft. When I tried to step on this one, it definitely turns over much easier than either Silver or White and really responds more to a progressive speed swing, as opposed to quick transitions. I think this is a shaft that is definitely needed and wanted in golf with many of the counter weighted shafts receiving tons of play and player praise. However this one is a lot smoother and more manageable for those guys who don't need to take the left side out, might want to move the ball around, and don't need a massive spin cutting shaft, all while giving the player the ability to add weight to the head for more ball speed. This will be very popular.

Rogue 130 White - Okay, well as I type this, the cat is somewhat out of the bag on this one. Many of you already know that I have put this shaft right in the bag. Also, for those that don't know, I am not a guy who club swaps constantly. I played the same driver for 4 years, same fairway wood for 4 years, same irons going on year 3, same putter for 4 years. When I change something in my bag it's because the performance of the product demands it. Hitting and testing everything in the market makes it easy for me to stick with what I've got, since I can see daily if anything outperforms the clubs in my bag. For 4 years, nothing has, until now. The testing in this thread is with M3, but as I have said previously, I will be going to M5. I just didn't want to ruin that combo test, which I will do in a couple of weeks.

Performance of this product, for me, is a dream come true. It's as if Aldila took all the feedback I've ever given them and made me the exact product I wanted. Obviously not, haha, but isn't it nice when a product fits you like a glove. It is, in a word, spectacular. Rogue 130 White is counterbalanced, but not so much that it's uncomfortably so. Just enough that I could add a bit of weight for a slight uptick in ball speed, but not so back weighted that it throws me off my comfort zone. Perfect. It is also incredibly low spin, without being insanely low launch, it's higher than something like ATX Tour Green 2019. My first thoughts were that it performs like a higher launch Hzrdus T1100 with a lot more feel to the shaft. The tip is relatively stiff which keeps the spin way down, but the way the shaft loads is incredibly linear and controlled. There is no defined kick area in this shaft, and unlike most really low spin shafts, you simply do not get the sensation of a lot of flex under the hands, which isn't really a feeling I love, but one I've had to get used to based on typical profiles. Rogue 130 White changes that. It gives me a feel more like a Kuro Kage Dual Core XT with a touch more firmness. Not in balance, but just in the way the shaft feels smooth when you swing for control, and yet holds up to stepping on the gas when you want to. Perfect. I have not had a chance to look over the EI profiles on these yet, as I wanted to give me thoughts based solely on feel and performance, and of course these are my personal thoughts. Your's may differ. The overall performance package is tremendous in this shaft. I like to play a fade off the tee to take half the course out of play and effectively widen up the fairway. This shaft never snaps left on me, never balloons on me no matter how hard I attack it, and never feels unstable in any way. I've grown used to having to accept a spin rate in the 2400 range most typically because of the fade I like to hit. This shaft has me down around 1950 and with the counter weight, ball speed is up slightly too. I know it's supposed to be somewhat of a smoother and less tip harsh Tensei Pro Orange, but we have found that it doesn't spin like you would think. The spin rates are very low, which was a very pleasant surprise. I didn't think it was possible for me to gain 10 more yards, but it has happened. To say this product excites me is an understatement. Every 4-5 years something comes along that just fits me like a glove. Rogue 130 White is it.

Where to buy.

http://www.golfwrx.c...4#entry18752814wrnckp2zuyci.jpgljjtzzh0lrxr.jpgwzcyqdgnvjjn.jpgwta3he9kby4j.jpgno1smisize9v.jpgnsq78tqhudoh.jpg

• Like 1

Very cool! The Rogue 130 Black sounds very appealing, it sounds exactly what I was hoping it would be like as someone that prefers that type of profile overall.

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 9* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16.5* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 18* Graphite Design AD-IZ 95X
Callaway X-Forged Single Diamond 22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

Very cool! The Rogue 130 Black sounds very appealing, it sounds exactly what I was hoping it would be like as someone that prefers that type of profile overall.

I think it fits very well into what the market needs. Sort of a lower spin more stable profile for guys who liked Hzrdus yellow but want less spin, but don't need the major spin cutter that Pro Orange is.

I think it fits very well into what the market needs. Sort of a lower spin more stable profile for guys who liked Hzrdus yellow but want less spin, but don't need the major spin cutter that Pro Orange is.

Any data or experiences with the Black 130 compared to the previous Black 110, the tour version?

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 9* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16.5* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 18* Graphite Design AD-IZ 95X
Callaway X-Forged Single Diamond 22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

Any data or experiences with the Black 130 compared to the previous Black 110, the tour version?

We have that data, and will use it to fit customers who come from the 110 black, but as evidence that they are totally different lines from the old series, we included the 125 Silver just to show. It wouldn't be any more relevant that comparing to something like a Fujikura Atmos blue or something of that nature. This is not an evolution, it's a redesign of the line.

Another great write up and review JT. The white really interests me. I’ll have to see if my club champion will be getting it anytime soon so I can demo it.

I’ve always gamed Aldila in my Fw but I’ve never used them in driver. Looks like it might be the time to give them a shot!

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

Great write up. Seeing this makes me quite curious how the 130 Silver 70 would compare to my current gamer 125 Silver 80.

Titleist TS4 8.5* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X
Titleist 917F2 18* (turned down to 17.25*) Diamana S+ 80X
4 - 718 Titleist AP3 Project X 6.0
4-P 718 Titleist AP2 Project X 6.0
White Satin Mizuno MP T7 51-08 Modus 3 105X
Blue Ion Mizuno MP T7 55-09 Modus 3 105X Soft Stepped
Blue Ion Mizuno MP T7 59-09 Modus 3 105X Soft Stepped
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback 1

?

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x    OR   FliHi 3(19*) - Modus 125x

Edel SMS 4,5 SMS Pro 6-P - PX LS 6.5

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

Awesome write up, JT. Thanks for the detailed info, as always!

Any thoughts on how the White or Silver would compare to the Black Mamba??? Seems like the feels could be similar?

[b]TaylorMade SIM[/b] - 10.5 deg - w/ Aldila Synergy Black Proto 60-TX tipped 0.5 - 44.75"
[b]Adams XTD TI[/b] - 2 hybrid (16.5 deg) - Matrix HM3 105g X
[b]TaylorMade P790 -[/b] 3i (1 deg weak) - KBS C-Taper Lite-X (ss1)
[b]TaylorMade P790 -[/b] 4-6: (2 deg weak) - KBS C-Taper 130x (ss1)
[b]Adams MB2 - [/b] 7-PW: KBS C-Taper 130x (ss1)
[b]Titleist Vokey[/b] SM4: 50 F Grind - KBS C-Taper 130x (ss1)
[b]Callaway[/b] PM Grind 56 - bent to 55, PM Grind 60 - Dynamic Gold TI s400
[b]Tiger NP2 Replica G.O.A.T.:[/b] - 35.5in

Great writeup. The fact that it feels like the KK Dual Core and spins a few hundred RPMs less is crazy. This is the lowest spinning shaft you've ever tested (publicly) if I'm not mistaken. Were they tipped at all?

Did you have any ball speeds in the 190s with this shaft? = ]

Driver: Cobra LTD Pro 7.5o - Kuro Kage DC XT 70 TX - Tipped 1"

UDI: 2019 TaylorMade P790 2i

Irons: 3-PW: Srixon z745 with Modus 130x

Wedges: 52o/56o/60o - Cleveland RTX4s

Putter: Ping Kushin 4

What happened to Platinum? What profile was that? Pics were posted around these forums a while ago so I'm curious.

I think the platinum in was the silver, before they released it to the public. I have the silver 130 and it goes from silver near the grip to matte black down after the labeling.

Was probably just a differentiator for the new 130 line.

I could be 100% wrong too

Another great write up and review JT. The white really interests me. I’ll have to see if my club champion will be getting it anytime soon so I can demo it.

I’ve always gamed Aldila in my Fw but I’ve never used them in driver. Looks like it might be the time to give them a shot!

Not for probably a good 6 months. We are the only place you will find them. Tour only at the moment.

Awesome write up, JT. Thanks for the detailed info, as always!

Any thoughts on how the White or Silver would compare to the Black Mamba??? Seems like the feels could be similar?

I'd say that Rogue White is going to be closest to black mamba in terms of feel and performance. It's just a bit more linear and lower spin.

Great writeup. The fact that it feels like the KK Dual Core and spins a few hundred RPMs less is crazy. This is the lowest spinning shaft you've ever tested (publicly) if I'm not mistaken. Were they tipped at all?

Did you have any ball speeds in the 190s with this shaft? = ]

They are all tipped but we don't give that info out, as we don't want anyone trying to self fit themselves into a shaft of this caliber.

What happened to Platinum? What profile was that? Pics were posted around these forums a while ago so I'm curious.

I think the platinum in was the silver, before they released it to the public. I have the silver 130 and it goes from silver near the grip to matte black down after the labeling.

Platinum was the name given to the Protos, which are screened as such. Official release is silver.

Platinum was the name given to the Protos, which are screened as such. Official release is silver.

Not a moron, hooray me