Tiger WD’s from Bay Hill

WidespreadPanic

Maybe he relapsed and is trying to sober up?

Maybe he's being held for ransom by the illuminati until he comes out with a taped confession that the earth is flat and chemtrails are real

Chem trails are real.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was never a Tiger fan but found myself pulling for him a couple of times last year.

I hope he is fine and returns but objectively I think this warrants much more concern than most "fan boys" seem to be giving it. It could just be a 43 year old with everyday issues, bt given his history I would say there's a non-trivial chance it's something much worse.

Tiger proved last year that he can win and contend in the biggest tournaments. I know he says playing golf at this point is a gift (or something like that) but you've got to wonder whether he's really ok being a top 10-15 player that contends a fair amount and wins once a year. Maybe he was pushing it too hard trying to get to #1 again.

I'd never bet against him (if there's anyone that can do it it's him) but realistically if he could win a tournament a year for the next five years (break the all the wins record) and maybe add #15 it would be a huge success.

It's probably just a normal injury and he's taking time for it to heal. He's admittedly more focused on lifting and training again, just as likely a scenario as anything at this point. He had KT tape up his neck last year too, but nothing ever really materialized out of that. I'm just saying, one tournament WD shouldn't have people immediately up in arms and pushing retirement.

Heck, given the goofy new schedule with the Players and PGA jammed up front, he most likely is picking his battles at this point. The only reason other than money for him to play Mexico 2 weeks ago is to put back-to-back performances together as a baseline of stamina/consistency so he can better prep for the Masters. At this point in his career, being overly selective in his schedule, even for Tiger, should be priority #1. I can guarantee that after win #80 last year, he sure as hell expects #81 to be a major, and he's planning for it. He should honestly go back to one tournament, a week or two before a major, and then the major itself, followed by 2 weeks+ of rest as the major shedule allows like in years past.

TM 2016 M2 12*(-2 setting) - OG Grafalloy Blue X, 43.5"

TEE XCG7 16.5* 4w, OG Grafalloy Blue S, 41.75"

Wilson D9 18* 4i, KBS Max-R, 39.5”

Cobra King OS 4-G, TT XP95 R300, -.5
Mack Daddy CB 56.14(2* weak)  60.12(3*  weak)

Edel Brick

At this point in his career, being overly selective in his schedule, even for Tiger, should be priority #1. I can guarantee that after win #80 last year, he sure as hell expects #81 to be a major, and he's planning for it. He should honestly go back to one tournament, a week or two before a major, and then the major itself, followed by 2 weeks+ of rest as the major shedule allows like in years past.

I would love to see Tiger [and Phil] just play; Masters, Quail Hollow, PGA Championship, Memorial, US Open, and then whatever is in the UK ahead of the Open this summer (not sure if Tiger usually played in the UK before the Open, although I don't believe so)

I'd say its almost likely for Tiger, given that the other tournaments around these are not that strong.

[Phil has usually liked playing the week before a major, so I'm not as sure about him, although he's already said he might not play the Valero TX Open before the Masters]

Tiger tracker back to his basement.

You know, the thing that gets me about the vast majority of Tiger's fans is their complete indifference to the game unless Tiger is playing. You can see it in the responses to Tiger Tracker's tweets when Tiger misses the cut or pulls out of a tourney. You get a lot of "Well my weekend is free now" or "guess I'll be watching football on Sunday." I understand Tiger's importance in drawing casual fans but if they don't stick around after he's done then what's the point?

TW is just that much more entertaining to watch. U are always watching history watching him and never know when the Picasso is going to come out:

Such an artist. I really admired his brushstroking genius, going from bunker to bunker to bunker to bunker to bunker to bunker at the '11 PGA Championship. I have to admit, it WAS more entertaining than watching another player go from bunker to bunker to bunker to bunker to bunker to bunker. He's that much better!

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip

That’s what Woods told two-time major champion Zach Johnson in text messages Tuesday morning.

“I know that guy well enough to know this is something he’s being overly cautious of, and he should be, because of what is on the table and what’s ahead of him,” Johnson said. “Rest will help, with the proper attention to go with that rest.”

Thankfully the neck and the back aren't connected. That could be a real problem if they were.
With that logic might as well say your head is connected to your azz....

There are a lot of people in this thread who not only has their head connected to their azz but has their head squarely in their azz! my god people some of your theories just blow my mind,,,sounds like a quiet suspension,,,if he does not play next week he's done. Players WD every week!

Well Tiger is the poster child for showing pain on the golf course and he showed none in the last tourney despite him now saying it was there. He limps, cringes, grabs his back, whatever. It's history look it up. Tape on neck. If he's in pain he wants the world to know it. So when he comes and drops out of one of his favorite tournaments and throws it out there he may not be ready for the next tournament over a strained neck that happened weeks ago some of us cynics call bs. Now if Tiger did get busted for some sort of drug violation, and I'm not saying he did, you bet your rear end that wouldn't be made public. There are probably 15 guys on tour where it would be an "injury" vacation. And if you think that doesn't happen then you have your azz in their azz pal.

Cannot disagree with this more. Tiger has played with excruciating pain for years and has had everybody guessing if he is 100% or not. For crying out loud, the guy played with a broken leg.

There is no bigger Tiger fan than me. That being said, why does anyone believe a word of what Tiger says about his injuries anymore? In the midst of being unable to walk stairs and popping opiates like candy in 2016, he repeatedly told the world his back was fine. Then he got his fine back fused.

Remember when he tore his ACL and said it was because he skateboarded as a kid and also because Butch made him straighten his leg at impact? Turns out it was because people trained to kill people kicked him in the knee in a NAVY Seals training exercise.

The examples go on and on.

Owes us nothing.

Guy has given more to his game, measured in great moments, than almost anyone.

Who you got that has given you more while we sit in front of the TV?

So, he wants some privacy? Maybe he lies about his injuries.

So what?

I don’t disagree with anything you said. All I’m saying is that believing what he’s saying regarding injuries would be foolish based on the precedent Tiger has set. My opinion had zero judgment. I don’t care that he chooses to lie and I’m well aware that Tiger’s life is a battle of constantly keeping out people trying to invade any sense of privacy he and his family is entitled to. I’m simply saying he’s probably lying, because he usually does when it comes to injury.

Honestly though, his lies though aren’t helping him. I remember Tiger blaming an Achilles injury on testing Nike shoes. Turns out it was Olympic style lifts that did it. I get that he gets criticized no matter what, but throwing your main sponsor of the last 23 years under the bus isn’t the best way to deal with the situation.

He may have his reasons and feel totally justified, but it is true. Cannot trust what he says regarding his injuries.

Thankfully the neck and the back aren't connected. That could be a real problem if they were.

There are a lot of people in this thread who not only has their head connected to their azz but has their head squarely in their azz! my god people some of your theories just blow my mind,,,sounds like a quiet suspension,,,if he does not play next week he's done. Players WD every week!

Well Tiger is the poster child for showing pain on the golf course and he showed none in the last tourney despite him now saying it was there. He limps, cringes, grabs his back, whatever. It's history look it up. Tape on neck. If he's in pain he wants the world to know it. So when he comes and drops out of one of his favorite tournaments and throws it out there he may not be ready for the next tournament over a strained neck that happened weeks ago some of us cynics call bs. Now if Tiger did get busted for some sort of drug violation, and I'm not saying he did, you bet your rear end that wouldn't be made public. There are probably 15 guys on tour where it would be an "injury" vacation. And if you think that doesn't happen then you have your azz in their azz pal.

Cannot disagree with this more. Tiger has played with excruciating pain for years and has had everybody guessing if he is 100% or not. For crying out loud, the guy played with a broken leg.

IT WAS A STRESS FRACTURE!!

Have you ever played on a stress fracture?

Doesn’t matter what I’ve done on a stress fracture (although it was a lot more than play golf), it’s still a wild over exaggeration of the severity of his injury.

Let me ask you a question. When someone mentions a broken leg, do you not envision something much more severe. Do you suppose a person could really play on a truely broken leg?

Obviously it was painful, no one disputes that. Also obvious, his supporters love to make it sound much more dramatic than it really was.

I think at this point until he retires TW will always be “hurt” to varying degrees. And I’m sure he has and will use these situations to sit out certain tourneys that he’s committed to either because he legitimately needs recovery time, or his game is crap, or he’s just tired. He knows anytime he pulls out of a tourney it’s a huge deal especially to the tourney itself so he’s very careful about what is said from his camp when he does it. I think it’s understandable.

It’s possible to be a tough SOB and a drama queen at the same time. I’ve played team sports with a few them in my time.

"The week of Memorial [two weeks before the Open], I thought there was no chance he could play," Haney said in a telephone interview from his home in Texas. "The doctors told him he needed to be on crutches for three weeks and then three more weeks of inactivity, and then you start rehabbing.

"But Tiger looked the guy in the eye and said, 'I'm playing in the U.S. Open and I'm going to win.' Then he started putting on his shoes and told me we're going to go practice. It's just incredible."

http://www.espn.com/golf/columns/story?columnist=harig_bob&id=3450723

TW tough sob ; )

But that it's relevant, but I must admit that I have! I have the sad distinction of having actually fractured my tib/fib during a round by stepping in a hole while taking the unapproved direct route off an elevated tee box. Hurt like hell the rest of the day, didn't find out for days what I'd actually done. (Needless to say, I was not a particularly smart guy in my early 20s, lol.)

[size=2][i]"I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"[/i][/size]

[size=2]-Dr. Julian Sands, Golf in the Kingdom[/size]

Not that it's relevant, but I must admit that I have! I have the sad distinction of having actually fractured my tib/fib during a round by stepping in a hole while taking the unapproved direct route off an elevated tee box. Hurt like hell the rest of the day, didn't find out for days what I'd actually done. (Needless to say, I was not a particularly smart guy in my early 20s, lol.)

[size=2][i]"I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"[/i][/size]

[size=2]-Dr. Julian Sands, Golf in the Kingdom[/size]

"The week of Memorial [two weeks before the Open], I thought there was no chance he could play," Haney said in a telephone interview from his home in Texas. "The doctors told him he needed to be on crutches for three weeks and then three more weeks of inactivity, and then you start rehabbing.

"But Tiger looked the guy in the eye and said, 'I'm playing in the U.S. Open and I'm going to win.' Then he started putting on his shoes and told me we're going to go practice. It's just incredible."

TW tough sob ; )

Ok. So what Haney says is what we’re going with? That was unbiased wasn’t it?

The simple point I was trying to make is it was over dramatized. Not the fact that he played with an painful injury, just that it was, and continues to be, overblown. Have you ever heard anywhere else someone with a stress fracture saying they have a broken leg? You and I both know that a broken leg, in the context that it is normally thought of, you’re not walking at all on it.

Technically yes, a broken leg. The type of broken leg that people function on. To hear many people talk about it, you’d think he finished on a compound fracture with bones sticking out.

I just want everyone to know that I liked golf before Tiger came onto the scene. The more I can do to downplay anything and everything he's ever done at every turn will ensure that you all know that I liked and followed golf BEFORE Tiger came onto the scene. I was one of the ones who followed it back when it was a game BEFORE Tiger. I'm just letting you all know, with this post, and every post. I'll continue to find subtle ways to remind you all with my posts.

Don't get me wrong, though, I'm a Tiger fan, but [ ]

TW tough sob ; )

The simple point I was trying to make is it was over dramatized. Not the fact that he played with an painful injury, just that it was, and continues to be, overblown. Have you ever heard anywhere else someone with a stress fracture saying they have a broken leg? You and I both know that a broken leg, in the context that it is normally thought of, you’re not walking at all on it.

Technically yes, a broken leg. The type of broken leg that people function on. To hear many people talk about it, you’d think he finished on a compound fracture with bones sticking out.

I think he had no acl too.

But I know what you sayin.

Jack Youngblood! Now that was a broken leg.

TW tough sob ; )

Joe Theisman! Although lately it seems the gruesome ones are happening on the basketball court. Gordon Hayward, the Louisville player (feel badly I can’t remember his name).

Joe Theisman! Although lately it seems the gruesome ones are happening on the basketball court. Gordon Hayward, the Louisville player (feel badly I can’t remember his name).

David Busst - google at your own risk...

Ping G430 LST 9° Diamana white 63x
Ping G410 LST 3 wood Diamana Thump x
Srixon ZX Utility 19 C-taper S+

Srixon ZX7 4-AW C-taper S+

Vokey SM9 54F and 58C

Odyssey Eleven Tour-Lined Slant

TW tough sob ; )

Yea stress fractures in legs are more common in nba, many players playing with them until symptoms show up

TW tough sob ; )

Yea stress fractures in legs are more common in nba, many players playing with them until symptoms show up

So maybe if people can continue to run up and down the basketball court, jump up and down on the sidelines (the cheering reference), or run track on stress fractures, maybe just maybe, walking the golf course and swinging the club isnt quite the mind boggling feat of perseverance many make it out to be?