TS3 Fairway

rusty380 ·  
rusty380rusty380 Members  107WRX Points: 29Handicap: 2Posts: 107 Fairways
Currently using a 917 F3 in 13.5d, which I love off the tee, however now opting for something off tee and fairway. I don't get on with the F3 off the fairway, I didn't during my previous fitting however it was purchased as an off the tee club so this was overlooked.

I hit the F2 during a fitting off the fairway and tee great however the launch off tee was just a little high for me so I opted for the lower penetration of the F3.

The new TS3 Fairway seems to look a little more forgiving and confidence inspiring at address than the f3 whilst maintaining the lower spin option than if I was to opt for the TS2 Fairway.

How are people finding the TS3 from the fairway? Any comparisons against the 917 F2 or F3?

OR

Any lower spin 3 woods that are great off tee and fairway? I don't need the high launch characteristics and ideally loft between 13.5 to 15 degrees.
Posted:

Comments

• dmeeksDCdmeeksDC ClubWRX  2860WRX Points: 417Handicap: 8Posts: 2,860 ClubWRX
    Try them off turf if you can. The TS2 is more forgiving than the TS3. Most Tour pros who are hitting TS3 drivers are going with TS2 fairways because they’re a little easier to launch. Saw that combo in many Titleist bags. Players seem very happy with the new Titleist lineup.
    Posted:
    Ping G400 9 degrees, Ping Tour stiff shaft, 65 grams
    Callaway XHot2 Pro 5 wood, 17 degrees, Aldila Tour Blue stiff shaft
    Titleist 915F fairway, 21 degrees, Diamana Blue 70 stiff
    Srixon 565 4 iron, Nippon 980GH stiff shaft
    Adams CMB irons, 5-PW, KBS C Taper regular shafts (110g)
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50 degree, F grind, Dynamic Gold S200 shaft
    Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54-degree wedge, S grind, DG wedge shaft
    Ben Hogan TK wedge, 59 degree, KBS black wedge shaft
    TaylorMade TP Chaska putter, sliver, 34 inches

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.