PHOTOS: Accra TZ5 & TZ6 Shafts

GolfWRX

Shoutout to JD's Clubs, Purchased F9 with the Accra TZ5 M5 for 110.00 over retail. Gets here tomorrow

I am seeing this combo for $599 on his website. Did you get a different deal?

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6X 
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 13.5 Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18.0 Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Titleist T100 4-PW Project X 6.5
Titleist Vokey Raw SM8 52.08F 56.08M 60.04T with Black Onyx Tour Issue S400
Bettinardi Inovai 8.0 Black Friday Murdered Out Edition 34.5"

Shoutout to JD's Clubs, Purchased F9 with the Accra TZ5 M5 for 110.00 over retail. Gets here tomorrow

I am seeing this combo for $599 on his website. Did you get a different deal?

Maybe a “WRX” discount. Pick up the phone and call them. See if they can bend a little.

What’s the old saying? “It never hurts to ask”.

I hit this against my RPG extensively the other day and man does it just feel good. Good numbers overall - my spin was higher than it should be but that is swing related.

Ping G425 LST w Accra TZ6CB      M5 Rocket 14* Accra RPG 472    CBX119 18* EvenFlow Black 
Mizuno MP20 MMC w KBS $Taper     Mizuno T22  50, 54, 60 - DG TI S400     LAB Mezz1 Max    OldSkool Ping L8
#TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013

I've got a TZ6 in my Flash SZ, just need some decent weather to test it. Been gaming Fujikura Pro 2.0 TS and Speeder iv 757. Can't wait to see how it stacks up.

Titleist TSR3 9 Tensei 1K 70
Titleist TSR3 3w HZRDUS Blue 

Cobra LTDX max 5w HZRDUS Blue 

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Tour AD DI
Mizuno Pro 245 5-GW PX IO
Titleist SM9 52f, 58v PX LZ

Scotty MOTO Fastback 1.5 

I have the 6 - I didn't get a chance to grab my track man numbers for the RPG, but my Z6 was favorable. It was launching higher with a little less spin. I am going to go hit balls again next week and I will try and get a better reading, while also working on my swing.

The biggest takeaway for me is that the ACCRA feel is back. Love how the Z6 feels

Has anyone seen the customer colored TZ's that they are putting out. There is a Blue/Yellow that looks like an old Harrison Striper - It looks amazing!

ACCRA is playing ball this year

Ping G425 LST w Accra TZ6CB      M5 Rocket 14* Accra RPG 472    CBX119 18* EvenFlow Black 
Mizuno MP20 MMC w KBS $Taper     Mizuno T22  50, 54, 60 - DG TI S400     LAB Mezz1 Max    OldSkool Ping L8
#TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013

So I went with a Tour AD VR in a F9 head debated and hopefully do not regret not getting the TZ6. Anyone have data on the two shaft on comparisons and contrast. The low torque is what swayed me away. The f9 head is lower launching from what I understand. Need feedback if all possible. thx.

Signature of Solon CC

Mizuno STX 230 10.5 Accra fx 3.0 140 m0

Titleist Tsr1 15 tour ad di6

Titleist 917 18 Kk proto

Titleist Tsr1 4 hybrid Accra fx 2.0 

Titleist t300 5-Pw Matrix Red proto moi matched 

Wilson Staff zm 50 recoil dart v

Wilson staff zm 56 recoil dart v

Vokey Wedge Works Raw 60K DG Tour Issue S400 Black Onyx

L.A.B. Mezz Max blue Tpt shaft 34/71

So I went with a Tour AD VR in a F9 head debated and hopefully do not regret not getting the TZ6. Anyone have data on the two shaft on comparisons and contrast. The low torque is what swayed me away. The f9 head is lower launching from what I understand. Need feedback if all possible. thx.

No idea what the Tour AD VR feels like so cant compare there. Can tell you that the F9 is lower launching for me with the TZ6 for sure. This might be unique to me given the way I strike the ball with a very positive AoA (and earlier release) but this combo is launching probably 3-4 degrees lower for me than my Epic SZ/Fuji combo. Maybe its the torque? I find this shaft to offer really great feel and very fast ballspeeds and it's noticeably softer feeling than my old Atmos Black without being loose

No idea what the Tour AD VR feels like so cant compare there. Can tell you that the F9 is lower launching for me with the TZ6 for sure. This might be unique to me given the way I strike the ball with a very positive AoA (and earlier release) but this combo is launching probably 3-4 degrees lower for me than my Epic SZ/Fuji combo. Maybe its the torque? I find this shaft to offer really great feel and very fast ballspeeds and it's noticeably softer feeling than my old Atmos Black without being loose

Gotcha, the Tour VR I finally hit and is lower launching than the IZ feels outstanding great shaft. Always been a Accra fan and playing one in my 3 wood currently. The f9 seems to be lower launching than my m4 and ping max so my concern is the launching of this combo. I know you dont know my swing but I am around the 98-100 SS, 260 avg off the tee faster tempo with a handicap of 9 (ghin).

Signature of Solon CC

Mizuno STX 230 10.5 Accra fx 3.0 140 m0

Titleist Tsr1 15 tour ad di6

Titleist 917 18 Kk proto

Titleist Tsr1 4 hybrid Accra fx 2.0 

Titleist t300 5-Pw Matrix Red proto moi matched 

Wilson Staff zm 50 recoil dart v

Wilson staff zm 56 recoil dart v

Vokey Wedge Works Raw 60K DG Tour Issue S400 Black Onyx

L.A.B. Mezz Max blue Tpt shaft 34/71

I have the 6 - I didn't get a chance to grab my track man numbers for the RPG, but my Z6 was favorable. It was launching higher with a little less spin. I am going to go hit balls again next week and I will try and get a better reading, while also working on my swing.

The biggest takeaway for me is that the ACCRA feel is back. Love how the Z6 feels

Has anyone seen the customer colored TZ's that they are putting out. There is a Blue/Yellow that looks like an old Harrison Striper - It looks amazing!

ACCRA is playing ball this year

Speaking of the custom program, it's VERY reasonable....I think it's less than $50 to have it painted how you wish. When I get a 5, I'm doing that through JDs Clubs.

Gotcha, the Tour VR I finally hit and is lower launching than the IZ feels outstanding great shaft. Always been a Accra fan and playing one in my 3 wood currently. The f9 seems to be lower launching than my m4 and ping max so my concern is the launching of this combo. I know you dont know my swing but I am around the 98-100 SS, 260 avg off the tee faster tempo with a handicap of 9 (ghin).

I've got a tendency to get quick as well and the only thing I have to watch w this shaft is overcooking it a little with the draw.. I play the 65g TZ6 M5.. I'm SS of 108-112, ballspeed range 158-165 with this combo (fast for me). I've always struggled w/ too high of a launch until this shaft/head combo.. For example, my Atmos Black 7x - I was launching that thing 15-18 degrees w/ an Epic SZ. It almost feels counter intuitive that the TZ6 is launching so low given the supposed specs/profile of this shaft, but I think just the way its loading/unloading for me is keeping that flight in a nice 12-14* launch range. I've got a 9* F9 turned down to 8* when I tested it. I'm trying to lose a marginal amount of spin, 100-200rpms from current levels, so may toy with taking it down to 7.5*. Will get on a GCQuad again on Friday and can let ya know how it stacks up for the second session and if the launch is consistent with what I saw the first time

So, I tried the TZ5 yesterday. I want to say it was in the 70 gram range. Results weren't what I was expecting. I was launching it way too high and spinning it too much. But, the kick felt absolutely great. It is such a different feel than what I'm used to. I'm almost tempted to order one and just tip it an inch to knock the launch and spin down a tad.

I don't know much about Accra shafts. Would tipping something like this really effect the profile much?

My Pro Orange is great. But, it is stiff. I'm looking for something that plays just a touch softer to try.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

So, I tried the TZ5 yesterday. I want to say it was in the 70 gram range. Results weren't what I was expecting. I was launching it way too high and spinning it too much. But, the kick felt absolutely great. It is such a different feel than what I'm used to. I'm almost tempted to order one and just tip it an inch to knock the launch and spin down a tad.

I don't know much about Accra shafts. Would tipping something like this really effect the profile much?

My Pro Orange is great. But, it is stiff. I'm looking for something that plays just a touch softer to try.

Yes, if anyone is familiar with tipping on these shafts before I do mine, feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers

I am a 93-95 SS player w moderate load. Accra doesn’t have their SS recommendations up yet for TZ6 but do have the specs. Since Tour Z Extreme stats and SS recs are up, and the TZ6 has similar S3 CPM stats, I went w off the TourZx recs. Both are circa 258 cpms in M3 flex, and 260 cpm is usually about right for me, so, have a M3 55 TZ6 inbound. Can’t wait. Will update once I can give it a go. A fitter very familiar w Accra told me M3 was my fit, but, if I wanted to go hard, then, could go M4 - follow my gut. So, I like to go hard, but, want to smooth out, so went M3.

Interesting to me that between models, the flexes can have differing S3 CPM numbers. E.g. M4 in FX 2.0 200 is 260 cpm but that is an M3 cpm in TourZx and TZ. Not sure why that is other than some models run stiffer than others. Would like to know better what the S3 CPM figure represents. Also wish they did a Dymatched fairway - maybe that is in the works.

I have a icwt 95 M4 6i inbound to demo as well. Hoping I get along with it as well as others have on here. Fitter’s rec was 95 M4 straight in. I have an 83 SS w 6 iron. My 93-95 SS w driver is slower than it should be. Plus, I usually speed up in spring/summer like many.

• Callaway Epic Max LS 10.5; Mitsubishi Diamana TB 60 S; 45.5”
  • Taylormade SIM Max 3w and 5w; Mitsubishi Diamana BF 70 S; 43.25” & 42.25”
  • Mizuno '21 CLK 19, 22 & 25; Fujikura Speeder EVO 75 HB Graphite S; Std L/L/L; sub for 5w, 4i & 5i
  • PXG 0311 P GEN3 PW-4i; Aerotech Steelfiber i95 stiff ; Std L/+0.75"/2 up
  • Vokey SM9 50F8 & 54S10 and SM8 58M8; Mitsubishi MMT 105 S in 50 & KBS 610 Wedge R+ in 54 & 58; Std L/+0.75"/1 up
  • Odyssey White Hot OG #1 Stroke Lab Putter; 35/74; stock Odyssey grip
  • JumboMax JMX UltraLite small on all clubs except putter

I've got a tendency to get quick as well and the only thing I have to watch w this shaft is overcooking it a little with the draw.. I play the 65g TZ6 M5.. I'm SS of 108-112, ballspeed range 158-165 with this combo (fast for me). I've always struggled w/ too high of a launch until this shaft/head combo.. For example, my Atmos Black 7x - I was launching that thing 15-18 degrees w/ an Epic SZ. It almost feels counter intuitive that the TZ6 is launching so low given the supposed specs/profile of this shaft, but I think just the way its loading/unloading for me is keeping that flight in a nice 12-14* launch range. I've got a 9* F9 turned down to 8* when I tested it. I'm trying to lose a marginal amount of spin, 100-200rpms from current levels, so may toy with taking it down to 7.5*. Will get on a GCQuad again on Friday and can let ya know how it stacks up for the second session and if the launch is consistent with what I saw the first time

Just turned my F9 down to 7.5 and with it sitting a little more open its really good right now...in that 12-13 launch window with low spin and boring flight. Similar moves it sounds like as you and the Atmos is on the money for me. Curious to here your results.

Just turned my F9 down to 7.5 and with it sitting a little more open its really good right now...in that 12-13 launch window with low spin and boring flight. Similar moves it sounds like as you and the Atmos is on the money for me. Curious to here your results.

Admittedly not a great session yesterday, swing was just a little off. I struggled to find the center of the clubface a bit, but I chalk that up to me, a few extra beers, not the shaft in the least. Still loving this F9 head, and with the TZ6 it just feels so good swinging it. Good strikes for me are still holding that lower launch 12-15*, no balloons whatsoever. It's really impressive that somehow this is the first shaft thats actually been playable for me with this good of feel, tight dispersion, and very consistent numbers. Shot shape continues to be a tight draw on good strikes. Spin was relatively the same on average as the first session (2400ish), really drops if you find the middle/upper middle of the clubface into that optimal bomber range ~2100-2200rpms. On lower face strikes, it's still manageable and I see basically my low heel cut shot miss spinning ~2900-3k. I can deal with that if its still finding the fairway. This club just feels awesome, cant describe it.

Would you guys describe this shaft as having a linear load feel?

TaylorMade 2016 M1 460 9.5 Matrix Ozik RUL 70X
TaylorMade P790 UDI 2 iron Mitsubishi TENSEI CK Pro White Hybrid 100 TX
Ping G400 3-Hybrid Graphite Design Tour AD DI Hybrid 105 X
Ping i 4-PW Nippon Modus 3 125X
Ping Glide 50SS & 56SS Nippon C10S
Titleist Vokey Low Bounce K 60 Nippon Modus 3 125 X
TaylorMade Spider Tour Black

Got out with my f9 and tz6. Feel is really good. It's a little heavy and seems a little spinny so some tweaking is in order. I think a little lighter weight in the rear of the f9 should do it. Currently have the stock tour length weights in with the heavier one in the back. But it's also been a long wet winter so my stamina for golf isn't up to par yet.

Just got my tz5 and hit the range. Hit some great low bullets. Only issue is my swing weight went up to d6.5 so I need to order some weights from cobra and get it back to d4 range. This shaft is similar in performance on the range as my ef white but feels smoother and stable at the same time.

Did you tip it at all? Im not sure how much to tip mine!

I'm excited. I have one of these coming for my g400max. We will see if it can beat out the tensei orange and my m5.

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x