2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Maltby TS2

Popeye64

Popeye, misery aside, can you speak to TS-1 vs TS-2 interaction with the turf?
A lot of the shots were from tufts of grass after it was placed as we were rolling it everywhere. So it wasnt any sort of fair comparison. But I do have to say that the TS-2s get through turf effortlessly. It is noticable that the TS-1 catch more turf. But to be honest I really have to hold off judgement on actually decent conditions.

I will say this in horrible conditions when I did hit the TS-2 clubs the forgiveness shows through. You can really get away with hitting them across the face and they still feel good. Hit a TS-1 our on the toe and you know it.

My gut tells me to just play TS-2 clubs through the bag. But it's still very early without enough oncourse play.

A lot of the shots were from tufts of grass after it was placed as we were rolling it everywhere. So it wasnt any sort of fair comparison. But I do have to say that the TS-2s get through turf effortlessly. It is noticable that the TS-1 catch more turf. But to be honest I really have to hold off judgement on actually decent conditions.

I will say this in horrible conditions when I did hit the TS-2 clubs the forgiveness shows through. You can really get away with hitting them across the face and they still feel good. Hit a TS-1 our on the toe and you know it.

My gut tells me to just play TS-2 clubs through the bag. But it's still very early without enough oncourse play.

Are you seeing a turf difference versus your MMBs? The older Maltbys seem to have a bit of a sharp leading edge.

DT

Are you seeing a turf difference versus your MMBs? The older Maltbys seem to have a bit of a sharp leading edge.

DT

It's not even a comparison. The MMB irons take a lot and I mean a lot of turf. If I were to play only on elite golf courses with manicured turf I would play the MMB. When I play on those courses with those clubs they glide through the turf and they leave a healthy divot. If you are playing in wet conditions or Questionable fairways, it feels like I will leave the club stuck in the ground.

Last season we had the worst conditions I've ever seen for the entire year on all of the golf courses in our area. They were all swamps. Playing with the TS2 irons I never once thought I would have taken a too big of a divot or leave the club buried in the ground. I had the utmost confidence in those irons that they were just gliding through the grass.

My TS-2s showed up last week. I went with the Kuro Kage pak; stiff, playing +3/4" long, 1* upright at D2. When I got them, the local indoor sim place was booked, and I couldn't try them until yesterday.

Prior to some lessons in early January, my DBM carry yardages for PW-, 8-, and 5-iron were low 110s, 130s, and 160s, respectively. After practice, my DBM carry settled at 120. After yesterday, my TS-2 PW will be my low 130s carry club.

There is no denying some distance gained is from 2* stronger lofts. But, I should have taken a pic of the shot shapes in the sim. To Popeye64's point, all three clubs started out straight, with the PW showing a hook, the 8-iron a strong draw, and the 5-iron a nice draw.

Feel: Advantage to DBM. On flush hits, the DBM has a strong click and sense of compression. The TS-2 has less click and less sense of compression. My closest analogy is the definite click and feel from flush contact with a wood bat versus a more muted click and feel from aluminum.

Flight: The high/balloon tendency of the DBM is well-documented. The flight of the TS-2 is lower, not piercing.

Summary: I'm going to let my swing changes continue to "marinate." If the hook/draw tendencies continue, I may flatten the lies. Otherwise, these are a definite upgrade for almost any golfer at an unbeatable value.

Hey, I've been following this thread, plus this is my first post ever on this site!

I bought a TS-2 in an 8 iron and a MMB-17 in a 6 iron (which would really be a TS-2 7 Iron) and stuck em in TT Score LT shafts in Stiff+. Anyway, went to the simulator and had good results. I think the TS-2 required some getting used to, but the MMB-17 was just intuitive. I'm not sure why, perhaps it's swingweighting, or the perfect combo with how I trimmed the shafts but it was just the best overall feeling club I've ever held.

Anyway, results on the simulator were very good for both irons. The best of the TS-2 got me 180+ and the best of the MMB-17 got me 210 plus (extra loft plus an half inch longer that a standard 7). I Currently game Mizuno 919 Hot Metal and get about 185 with the 7 iron. So these are good numbers.

They're both outstanding looking clubs, though, I'm in love with the MMB-17 and its throwback simplistic look (Besides for its smoothness) in a slightly larger profile. The TS-2 felt more muted to me (probably because of the polymer) but were still a bit softer and better feeling than my non-forged built for distance Mizuno's.

I'm gonna put these in the bag in place of their respective irons and report back after a round.

Since this last post I also put together a PTM 7 iron with the same score shafts at S+.

It took a while to fully get used to the TS-2s. They're different type of iron to me. Very square. Ultimately, I noticed I needed to use a more upright back swing and a more inside out downswing with a bit more hip slide and less rotation. The ball flight is just great. So pretty. It gets up there but keeps on moving. It shoots out as people have noted, and looks so professional coming off the face. I will say that I did have to adjust my swing from my current Mizuno 919 hots to match my TS2 setup, but now that I have, I can see that these can be great clubs for me. So forgiving when paired with my TM TP5x ball and the balls landed very close to each other on the sim.

I have a set of Score LT lying around and I might use it. That said, I would love a smoother feeling shaft. Popeye (Or other clubfitters), perhaps you can help. Other options available as paks would be TT 105 x100, KBS 105 s hardstepped once or twice, or KBS Tour S/S+. My driver swing speed bottoms out at 105 and gets to 112-113. 280 driver and 240 3 wood are my good drives. Now, I think I prefer the lighter shaft (115 gram category) as the lighter weight allows me to have a steeper shoulder plane (but I would definitely need to stiffen the tip), while the heavier weighted shaft tends to get me more upright (as a balance to the weight). Or should I just stick with the Score LT since it works even if it doesn't feel great.

I might also use the Score LTs to build a set with the PTMs. I really like those too. They feel like a very sweet blade--the oversized profile adds some confidence. Not nearly as forgiving though. FWIW, the MMBs that I loved earlier fell out of favor.

Thanks for the feedback!

Hey, I've been following this thread, plus this is my first post ever on this site!

I bought a TS-2 in an 8 iron and a MMB-17 in a 6 iron (which would really be a TS-2 7 Iron) and stuck em in TT Score LT shafts in Stiff+. Anyway, went to the simulator and had good results. I think the TS-2 required some getting used to, but the MMB-17 was just intuitive. I'm not sure why, perhaps it's swingweighting, or the perfect combo with how I trimmed the shafts but it was just the best overall feeling club I've ever held.

Anyway, results on the simulator were very good for both irons. The best of the TS-2 got me 180+ and the best of the MMB-17 got me 210 plus (extra loft plus an half inch longer that a standard 7). I Currently game Mizuno 919 Hot Metal and get about 185 with the 7 iron. So these are good numbers.

They're both outstanding looking clubs, though, I'm in love with the MMB-17 and its throwback simplistic look (Besides for its smoothness) in a slightly larger profile. The TS-2 felt more muted to me (probably because of the polymer) but were still a bit softer and better feeling than my non-forged built for distance Mizuno's.

I'm gonna put these in the bag in place of their respective irons and report back after a round.

Since this last post I also put together a PTM 7 iron with the same score shafts at S+.

It took a while to fully get used to the TS-2s. They're different type of iron to me. Very square. Ultimately, I noticed I needed to use a more upright back swing and a more inside out downswing with a bit more hip slide and less rotation. The ball flight is just great. So pretty. It gets up there but keeps on moving. It shoots out as people have noted, and looks so professional coming off the face. I will say that I did have to adjust my swing from my current Mizuno 919 hots to match my TS2 setup, but now that I have, I can see that these can be great clubs for me. So forgiving when paired with my TM TP5x ball and the balls landed very close to each other on the sim.

I have a set of Score LT lying around and I might use it. That said, I would love a smoother feeling shaft. Popeye (Or other clubfitters), perhaps you can help. Other options available as paks would be TT 105 x100, KBS 105 s hardstepped once or twice, or KBS Tour S/S+. My driver swing speed bottoms out at 105 and gets to 112-113. 280 driver and 240 3 wood are my good drives. Now, I think I prefer the lighter shaft (115 gram category) as the lighter weight allows me to have a steeper shoulder plane (but I would definitely need to stiffen the tip), while the heavier weighted shaft tends to get me more upright (as a balance to the weight). Or should I just stick with the Score LT since it works even if it doesn't feel great.

I might also use the Score LTs to build a set with the PTMs. I really like those too. They feel like a very sweet blade--the oversized profile adds some confidence. Not nearly as forgiving though. FWIW, the MMBs that I loved earlier fell out of favor.

Thanks for the feedback!

Your swing speed like mine is right in that S/X range that neither flex seems to feel just right for me. In picking a shaft I have leaned to the stouter versions of an S that some shafts offer. Tipping shafts gas worked but I always feel as if the overall profile has been comprised a bit.

I loved the feel of the Nippon 950 Gh but they just didnt hold up to a really aggressive swing, but they weren't built for that. The KBS Tour 105 S felt harsh at times. For me the DG 105 S300 was a happy medium and when flushed are very sweet feeling. For me I will take feel over marginal performance gains.

A graphite shaft I really like right now even though it's a little more than I like to spend is the Paderson Kinetixs. They are a stout S with amazing feel and go shockingly far. Almost too far in fact.

But what this comes down too is the shaft selection is so personal to each golfer. For the money the Score LT is an excellent performer but isnt the feel of a Nippon by any stretch.

Components are tough because you can't walk in to a shop usually and hit a ton of shafts with that particular head.

I am a fan of going into a golf Galaxy or some other box store and hitting as many different shafts as you can. Then you have an educated guess as to the direction you want to go in reference to weight and feel. Obviously a great fitting can solve all of that.

Popeye- I just shafted up my TS-2 #5 iron and TS-1 #9 iron. After looking at them shafted in dry fit stage.... I am very tempted to hedge my bets and have TWO #7 irons. I have an extra shaft and having the flexibility to break the set at 7 or 8 iron is tempting.

I most likely will get 6 iron in the 2 and shaft up 7,8,PW,GW in the 1. Keep a 7 iron in the TS-2 ready to roll. Yardage gaps will tell the story...

What do you think?

Popeye- I just shafted up my TS-2 #5 iron and TS-1 #9 iron. After looking at them shafted in dry fit stage.... I am very tempted to hedge my bets and have TWO #7 irons. I have an extra shaft and having the flexibility to break the set at 7 or 8 iron is tempting.

I most likely will get 6 iron in the 2 and shaft up 7,8,PW,GW in the 1. Keep a 7 iron in the TS-2 ready to roll. Yardage gaps will tell the story...

What do you think?

That's actually not a bad plan. That will give you a lot of flexibility, plus you may really favor one over the other leaving your options open. You could always sell it to somebody as a demo head if you see no need for it down the road.

What do you think?

That's actually not a bad plan. That will give you a lot of flexibility, plus you may really favor one over the other leaving your options open. You could always sell it to somebody as a demo head if you see no need for it down the road.

Cabin Fever is killing me. LOL. After looking at both clubs at address and reading.. I am very tempted to go with 5,6,7, AND 8 iron in the TS-2. They don't look bad behind the ball at all..

• 2 weeks later...
Not trying to be a buzzkill, but my demo 8i that I ordered 2* flat, ends up being 64*. I had the local shop check as I tended to pull on course and had a hard time playing any sort of shot to the right. Now I know why. I also had my PTM 8i checked which is stock (no bending) and it was also 64*. I prefer to have them bent straight from the source, that way they take on the risk if they break. PSA, have them checked!
I would call customer service. That usually does not happen. They should make it right for you.

Follow up. I called c.s. and they sent me a shipping label. I sent it back and they bent it to the lie I originally specified, 61*. Played on the Sim today and had my local guy recheck and he measured at 61.5*. So it was bent 2.5*. Still scratching my head on the original bugger job, but they did take care of it with minimal resistance, so that at least is good.

Hit some really good shots with it on the Sim!

Not trying to be a buzzkill, but my demo 8i that I ordered 2* flat, ends up being 64*. I had the local shop check as I tended to pull on course and had a hard time playing any sort of shot to the right. Now I know why. I also had my PTM 8i checked which is stock (no bending) and it was also 64*. I prefer to have them bent straight from the source, that way they take on the risk if they break. PSA, have them checked!
I would call customer service. That usually does not happen. They should make it right for you.

Follow up. I called c.s. and they sent me a shipping label. I sent it back and they bent it to the lie I originally specified, 61*. Played on the Sim today and had my local guy recheck and he measured at 61.5*. So it was bent 2.5*. Still scratching my head on the original bugger job, but they did take care of it with minimal resistance, so that at least is good.

That "extra half degree" could be nothing more than manufacturing tolerance between the two bending machines or gauges.

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

That "extra half degree" could be nothing more than manufacturing tolerance between the two bending machines or gauges.

Agree, not worried about 0.5, but wanted to confirm that indeed the lie was way off from what I ordered, hence that's why his measurement #1 vs. #2 confirms that.

You also have two different people with different setups taking measurements. No way they are going to be the same. So just keep that in mind.

Agree, not worried about 0.5, but wanted to confirm that indeed the lie was way off from what I ordered, hence that's why his measurement #1 vs. #2 confirms that.

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered a ts1 3 iron with fujikara pro 95 shaft to try as a driving iron. 39.5" d2. Have not gotten along with other utility irons that have a huge sole and lots of offset like the srixon and ping utilities. And I refuse to pay the price the cobra and taylormade irons run. Hopefully works well for what I want.

Taylormade Sim 9.0° Diamana ZF 60 stiff

Taylormade Sim Ti 15° Diamana ZF 70 stiff

Cobra F7 4-5 Ti 18.5° Diamana Kai'li 80 stiff

Ping G25 Hybrid 23° Kbs C-Taper Lite stiff 

Bridgestone Tour-B X-CB 5-PW Project X LZ 6.0

Cobra MiM Black 50°v, 56°v, 60°w Kbs Hi-REV 2.0 125 stiff 

Maltby Ptm-1

Srixon Z-Star 

Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

Bagboy Nitron 

I have spent the entire sim season with the split set and have loved the performance I am getting. I'm split at the 7 on down to G in the TS-1 and the 5,6 TS-2. I have seen no gapping issues as the 7 iron for me is a true weapon. I seem to fall off a bit on the 6 iron and the extra forgiveness of the TS-2 gives me just the little help I need. I have hit some not so great shots that just some how seem to find the green. The 5 iron I use out of the tee box quite a bit on tight holes.

I have played Pinehurst#2 on the sim three times and shot even, +2 and a +1. Playing the real course in late March. Cant wait but nervous as hell.

My bag as it sits now is a Rouge driver with a Paderson TS D2 S shaft

Callaway back diamond #4 Fw

KE4 Tour 24° HYBRID

5,6 TS-2 DG 105 S300

7-GW TS-1 DG 105 S300

MMB Black GW 51°

M Series + Mid sole wedges at 54,58°

Moment Tour XI putter.

My only question in the bag is the KE4 which will get replaced with the new KE4 FDI when released.

Cant remember when I had so much confidence in my equipment heading into a season.

I have spent the entire sim season with the split set and have loved the performance I am getting. I'm split at the 7 on down to G in the TS-1 and the 5,6 TS-2. I have seen no gapping issues as the 7 iron for me is a true weapon. I seem to fall off a bit on the 6 iron and the extra forgiveness of the TS-2 gives me just the little help I need. I have hit some not so great shots that just some how seem to find the green. The 5 iron I use out of the tee box quite a bit on tight holes.

I have played Pinehurst#2 on the sim three times and shot even, +2 and a +1. Playing the real course in late March. Cant wait but nervous as hell.

KE4 Tour 24° HYBRID

5,6 TS-2 DG 105 S300

7-GW TS-1 DG 105 S300

MMB Black GW 51°

Moment Tour XI putter.

My only question in the bag is the KE4 which will get replaced with the new KE4 FDI when released.

Cant remember when I had so much confidence in my equipment heading into a season.

You going with the 21* or 23* FDI ? I'm glad they went to a much more bendable design. Also, what have you found if going back and forth between the TS2 6 iron and the TS1 7i ?

KE4 Tour 24° HYBRID

5,6 TS-2 DG 105 S300

7-GW TS-1 DG 105 S300

MMB Black GW 51°

Moment Tour XI putter.

You going with the 21* or 23* FDI ? I'm glad they went to a much more bendable design. Also, what have you found if going back and forth between the TS2 6 iron and the TS1 7i ?

I think I will get the 3-21 The KE4 22 is not enough of a gap, it goes too high and I'm not loving the shape. The FDI is more to my eye anyways. It should feel better as well with the new materials. Looking forward to that one for sure.

Switching between the 6 and the 7 has a bit of a mental placebo. I can see the larger top line and it screams forgiveness. Not sure why I have never loved a 6 iron but it's the club I struggle with. The flight is certainly different as the 6 (higher COG) is more of a boring flight. The 7 seems to just soar through the air. So for me the two clubs play quite differently. But not in a bad way.

KE4 Tour 24° HYBRID

5,6 TS-2 DG 105 S300

7-GW TS-1 DG 105 S300

MMB Black GW 51°

Moment Tour XI putter.

I think I will get the 3-21 The KE4 22 is not enough of a gap, it goes too high and I'm not loving the shape. The FDI is more to my eye anyways. It should feel better as well with the new materials. Looking forward to that one for sure.

Switching between the 6 and the 7 has a bit of a mental placebo. I can see the larger top line and it screams forgiveness. Not sure why I have never loved a 6 iron but it's the club I struggle with. The flight is certainly different as the 6 (higher COG) is more of a boring flight. The 7 seems to just soar through the air. So for me the two clubs play quite differently. But not in a bad way.

Interesting that you decided to bag a split set. Thought you were settled in with the TS-2's. Haven't had much opportunity to hit my TS-1's (6 - GW) other than a couple of dome sessions. Really liking what I've observed so far, but I'm more than ready to take them outside for observation. Hoping the soles will offer the turf interaction that I'm anticipating. Haven't got around to having the lies (+ 2*) adjusted, would like to hit them off grass first. A 6 iron has historically been a dicey club for me as well. Don't quite know why, just that I lacked consistency and the yardage was to close to the 7. So far given the limited time hitting the TS-1 6 iron, it's stupid easy to send the ball. With good trajectory. Hope it translates.

Have been contemplating adding a TS-2 long iron. Normally I play a V-Steel 9 wood from distance (don't get along with hybrids all that well). I'm very confident with it off grass lies, not so much off the tee. NTM, it plays the ball quite high. A couple of courses that I play are very tight, had been using a 4 iron to "steer" the ball down the fairway. A ball in play, even if it's 40 yards shorter, is better than a lost ball hitting three. Have been contemplating a "driving iron" type club, but most of what I've seen are way over priced for being so one-dimensional. Then a couple of weeks back notice the KE-4 FDI hybrids on Maltby. Lot to like. From materials used in construct, non-PVD finish, bendable. A H4 (23*) with the same shaft as in rest of the set would blend appropriately and may be exactly what I'm looking for. Wouldn't mind having a lower trajectory off the tee while still realizing significant forgiveness. At the same price point as the iron head, may well be the more prudent approach. Certainly worth giving the FDI a test.

Would normally say that I'm interested in your take. This thread has offered a lot of guidance since it's creation. But may not wait that long. Golf season will arrive one day (damn, this long winter) and want to hit the course running with a full overhaul of the iron implements in use.

Here's to playing your best at Pinehurst #2 in a couple of weeks. Hope you tear it up with your "what are those?" clubs.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Well, what started the acquiring of the TS-1 heads were I had a few for direct testing. 7 iron and the PW. My son in law needed a set of clubs so I gave him the TS-2 set. I had an extra 6 iron TS-2 head so I grabbed a 5 TS-2 and that's were the break fell. Filled in the higher lofts with the TS-1s and here I am. Turns out it works out to be a good break point. I have yet to play them in the turf but I dont expect any issues at all.

The FDI used to be the HDI and that was in DBM finish. The new forging should play softer and ofcourse be bendable. When they were discontinued I got rid of my HDIs but I did love them. So I'm more than ready for the new rendition.

Pinehurst is a three day Pro Am so it's going to be intense. Technically I dont think the clubs are legal for play. Not sure they have been submitted yet. But I'll roll the dice.

And yes I was perfectly happy with the all TS-2 set,,, but yah know.. club ho.

KE4 Tour 24° HYBRID

5,6 TS-2 DG 105 S300

7-GW TS-1 DG 105 S300

MMB Black GW 51°

Moment Tour XI putter.

Interesting that you decided to bag a split set. Thought you were settled in with the TS-2's. Haven't had much opportunity to hit my TS-1's (6 - GW) other than a couple of dome sessions. Really liking what I've observed so far, but I'm more than ready to take them outside for observation. Hoping the soles will offer the turf interaction that I'm anticipating. Haven't got around to having the lies (+ 2*) adjusted, would like to hit them off grass first. A 6 iron has historically been a dicey club for me as well. Don't quite know why, just that I lacked consistency and the yardage was to close to the 7. So far given the limited time hitting the TS-1 6 iron, it's stupid easy to send the ball. With good trajectory. Hope it translates.

Have been contemplating adding a TS-2 long iron. Normally I play a V-Steel 9 wood from distance (don't get along with hybrids all that well). I'm very confident with it off grass lies, not so much off the tee. NTM, it plays the ball quite high. A couple of courses that I play are very tight, had been using a 4 iron to "steer" the ball down the fairway. A ball in play, even if it's 40 yards shorter, is better than a lost ball hitting three. Have been contemplating a "driving iron" type club, but most of what I've seen are way over priced for being so one-dimensional. Then a couple of weeks back notice the KE-4 FDI hybrids on Maltby. Lot to like. From materials used in construct, non-PVD finish, bendable. A H4 (23*) with the same shaft as in rest of the set would blend appropriately and may be exactly what I'm looking for. Wouldn't mind having a lower trajectory off the tee while still realizing significant forgiveness. At the same price point as the iron head, may well be the more prudent approach. Certainly worth giving the FDI a test.

Would normally say that I'm interested in your take. This thread has offered a lot of guidance since it's creation. But may not wait that long. Golf season will arrive one day (damn, this long winter) and want to hit the course running with a full overhaul of the iron implements in use.

Here's to playing your best at Pinehurst #2 in a couple of weeks. Hope you tear it up with your "what are those?" clubs.

I've had my TS-2 7 iron for about 3 weeks now and have been testing it out on the range and on the course during play. I am currently playing TE's w/ Rifle flighted 6.0 shafts that i ordered when they came out about 9 years ago. Can't believe I have been playing the TE irons for so long but its time to try some new tech.

TS-2 7 iron test club is shafted with KBS Tour V 110 S. I have had Rifle's on my last 2 iron sets so I knew this shaft was going to be different and it definitely feels that way but in a good way. I think that overall profile is smoother and the lighter weight is allowing me to feel the club head a little more and possibly load the shaft better.

The TS-2 7 iron head has been performing well and I was expecting TE 6 iron distance but it looks like it will be in between my current 6 and 7 iron. trajectory is slightly lower and definitely more piercing than the TE which was to be expected and spin seems to be ok. I flushed the TS-2 7 with a light breeze in my face during a round and I did notice the shot balloned a little. May have been the Pro V1 I was playing as I usually play Snell MTB Black and prefer the lower spin ball. I am very interested to see how the spin will be on the short irons with KBS Tour V shafts. I am wanting these to be "pin seekers" and I think I have a good shaft/head combo picked out for just that.

Going to the range this am and hit one more time before I order the rest of the set later today. (pretty confident)

Brandon

Popeye64, what would your thoughts be on using the ptm chromes for the 4,5 and 6 irons and 7 thru gap in the ts1's. Reason being I've been gaming the ptm' black since last summer and enjoy them but I,m not to keen on the looks of the short irons. Before that I came from the ping s58'. I believe the turf interaction will be better on the ts1 better than s58's even though the mpf is a little higher. The s58' are a little smaller too. I did purchase a ts1 in a 7 but hadn't had time to assemble

"Playtime" with the TS2's is about to come to an end. I got them in the off season, shot a 67 and a couple of 71's. Love everything about them. All zero pressure rounds. Tomorrow is the official start to the "competitive" season. Looking forward to having some money on the line and enjoying these awesome irons.

The aspect of these that continue to impress me is the ability to flight down a "game imporovement" iron. In the past I've had to sacrifice the trajectory control I get with my blades in exchange for forgiveness with my more GI sets. For the first time I feel like I have complete trajectory control in a super forgiving design.

Titleist TSi3 9* B2T2 Tensei AV Raw White / Cobra SZ Tour 3W Tensei AV Blue 15* / Cobra F6 Baffler Matrix Red Tie 18.5* / Maltby KE4 TC 22* / Maltby TS1 IM 5-GW Nippon Modus 120x / Taylormade Hi-Toe 54*/60* / Cobra Supernova

Popeye64, what would your thoughts be on using the ptm chromes for the 4,5 and 6 irons and 7 thru gap in the ts1's. Reason being I've been gaming the ptm' black since last summer and enjoy them but I,m not to keen on the looks of the short irons. Before that I came from the ping s58'. I believe the turf interaction will be better on the ts1 better than s58's even though the mpf is a little higher. The s58' are a little smaller too. I did purchase a ts1 in a 7 but hadn't had time to assemble
It should be a fairly seamless blend of two different heads. Loft wise they are a match at the 7 iron and only differ slightly as you go to the GW. You should have close to the same distances you have now. Those PTMs are a stable and great playing head and you will save some money using them as your 4,5,6. Should be a safe move for sure. I have a bunch of PTM 6 irons I use as fitting clubs and guys love them. As another point the sole design is fairly similar between the two so you should have that excellent turf interaction you are hoping for.

Looks wise the 7 on down TS-1 are as nice a looking iron as you will find today. From address to just sitting in the bag.

"Playtime" with the TS2's is about to come to an end. I got them in the off season, shot a 67 and a couple of 71's. Love everything about them. All zero pressure rounds. Tomorrow is the official start to the "competitive" season. Looking forward to having some money on the line and enjoying these awesome irons.

The aspect of these that continue to impress me is the ability to flight down a "game imporovement" iron. In the past I've had to sacrifice the trajectory control I get with my blades in exchange for forgiveness with my more GI sets. For the first time I feel like I have complete trajectory control in a super forgiving design.

Interesting to see how you do in the heat of the battle. I face the same trial by fire this month and the TS-1,2 mixed bag will truly be tested. I have half a mind to bring down the full set of TS-2s if the practice round doesnt fair well I can go all TS-2... The curse of a tinkerer... But with that said I need to clear my head of that thought and 'Dance with the one you brung.'

Thanks for the reply popeye64. I may go that route as I already know the performance of the ptm's long irons. It's funny when I was in Palm Springs last September a lot of staff members were asking me about my clubs. They loved them but never heard of them . I explained to them but I'm sort of glad not everybody knows. Lol! Every club in my bag is Maltby except driver.