2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

New PXG prototype driver

GolfWRX_Spotted

Just got mine.

Does anyone know how the loft adjustments affect face angle? PXG told me that the face angle closes as you go up in loft. But I swear, I tried both extremes and it looks like the face angle opens as you go up in loft.

Any thoughts?

I don't know, but does it really matter. All that matters is how you grip the club. In the end, you are hovering the driver, so you can grab it however you like.

A lot of club makers adjust loft via face angle. I.e. go up in loft by closing the face. Because when you set a closed faced driver back to square face angle, you gained loft. Same thing happens if you bend the face angle open. When setting up with a square face, you will have less loft.

In the end, you want to deliver the clubface square to the ball. And best way to do that is by setting up with a square face to begin with, regardless what the face angle is when you sole the club.

Congrats on your driver. I ordered mine in January and still haven't received it. Really annoying. But I did get my new Epic Flash SZ today and that thing is a cannon.

SMH

Just got mine.

Does anyone know how the loft adjustments affect face angle? PXG told me that the face angle closes as you go up in loft. But I swear, I tried both extremes and it looks like the face angle opens as you go up in loft.

Any thoughts?

I don't know, but does it really matter. All that matters is how you grip the club. In the end, you are hovering the driver, so you can grab it however you like.

A lot of club makers adjust loft via face angle. I.e. go up in loft by closing the face. Because when you set a closed faced driver back to square face angle, you gained loft. Same thing happens if you bend the face angle open. When setting up with a square face, you will have less loft.

In the end, you want to deliver the clubface square to the ball. And best way to do that is by setting up with a square face to begin with, regardless what the face angle is when you sole the club.

Congrats on your driver. I ordered mine in January and still haven't received it. Really annoying. But I did get my new Epic Flash SZ today and that thing is a cannon.

I'm very confused by this. Why wouldn't it matter? If you sole the club and lay it it perpendicular to the ground. The face angle could be closed or open at the loft it's intended to be. I'm no expert but I would think that absolutely does matter. It also messes with me visually if something looks too closed. In any case, my question was actually about the function of the PXG adapter itself and how it works.

Adjustability 101...

http://www.golfalot....clubs-2876.aspx

Also, the adapter info is in this thread back a few pages...

I see. Based on what I'm reading the loft adjustment is actually a face angle adjustment. You make an adjustment by re-squaring the face and thus the loft change happens. But like I said before, I like to sole the cub naturally at a 90 degree angle and grip it - so does that mean I won't be able to do this anymore, because I have to adjust the face back to square?

Not sure how PXG and all other OEM's do it, but here is an example that will explain a little:

VJ Singh in the past wanted a small head 5 wood, but they didn't make any. So he took a 9-wood (think it was 23*) and he would bend it 7* open face angle. Then when he squared it back up, it would play at desired 18* (not sure if the math adds up here perfectly, but this is how I remember these numbers). So he was not setting the club at 7* open at address. He would just set it square at 18* loft and hit it like a 5 wood. Note, that if he did set the club at 7* open, it still retains that original 23* of loft. But if you delivered it that way to the ball, you would obviously hit a huge banana slice.

So by opening the face angle and squaring the club back, you are delofting. Vice versa when closing face angle.

I am sure that some OEM's figured out how to adjust loft without affecting face angle as much. But I am not sure who does it how, because they don't tell us anymore. Tour Edge Exotics used to always publish face angle adjustments with every loft configuration, but then they stopped doing it too as it confused people.

Just got mine.

Any thoughts?

I'm very confused by this. Why wouldn't it matter? If you sole the club and lay it it perpendicular to the ground. The face angle could be closed or open at the loft it's intended to be. I'm no expert but I would think that absolutely does matter. It also messes with me visually if something looks too closed. In any case, my question was actually about the function of the PXG adapter itself and how it works.

Adjustability 101...

http://www.golfalot....clubs-2876.aspx

Also, the adapter info is in this thread back a few pages...

From the article:

"If you increase the lie angle up, then this should create a fade and if you reduce it down then it should create a draw."

I am pretty sure that is incorrect. The opposite is true.

Just got mine.

Any thoughts?

Decreasing loft will open the face angle; increasing loft will close face angle.

This is the adapter loft/lie changes

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

Not sure how PXG and all other OEM's do it, but here is an example that will explain a little:

VJ Singh in the past wanted a small head 5 wood, but they didn't make any. So he took a 9-wood (think it was 23*) and he would bend it 7* open face angle. Then when he squared it back up, it would play at desired 18* (not sure if the math adds up here perfectly, but this is how I remember these numbers). So he was not setting the club at 7* open at address. He would just set it square at 18* loft and hit it like a 5 wood. Note, that if he did set the club at 7* open, it still retains that original 23* of loft. But if you delivered it that way to the ball, you would obviously hit a huge banana slice.

So by opening the face angle and squaring the club back, you are delofting. Vice versa when closing face angle.

I am sure that some OEM's figured out how to adjust loft without affecting face angle as much. But I am not sure who does it how, because they don't tell us anymore. Tour Edge Exotics used to always publish face angle adjustments with every loft configuration, but then they stopped doing it too as it confused people.

Thank you, that's actually the most helpful explanation i got so far.

Just got mine.

Any thoughts?

It surely does matter. Seems pxg’s adaptor is similar to taylormade’s where delofting also opens the face. You are probably confused with the face angle vs how much face you can see at address.

Just got mine.

Any thoughts?

It surely does matter. Seems pxg’s adaptor is similar to taylormade’s where delofting also opens the face. You are probably confused with the face angle vs how much face you can see at address.

Yes, my 0317 17 sits a lot more open now when delofted to 15.5.

Drivers : Callaway Paradym Sanki Planarian - Ginnico Black Star Arch-KaMs 16509 - TRPX S-013 Xanadu - Waccine Wac LS-01 COA Rolling Angel
FW : Ping G425 14.5*/17.5* Arch-Kams WL/WH-01 - PRGR HD 14.5*/CarrysQ 16.5*/19* Crazy Boron Two Tree

UTs : Ping G425 19* Arch-Kams UTR - PRGR CarrysQ 20*/24* COA U-294 Beretta
Irons : Grind Studio Proto - Itobori MXH - Titleist CNCPT02 - Tourstage MR-23 US Spec
Wedges : Artisan - Grind Studio- JP Premier
Putters : Benock - BPutters - Ingles - Lajosi - Low Tide - Machine - MackMade - Mannkrafted - Masda Gold'sFactory - Nead - Swag - TP Mills - Xenon

Just a follow up from a previous post... I got my driver in today and it does in fact have the handcrafted version of the HZRDUS shaft. Can’t wait to get out on the course tomorrow morning. I ordered the XF 9 and it took exactly two weeks for delivery.

You will be very surprised in a good way! I love this beast

Good report on the fairway...

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1754916-Best-Fairway-Woods-of-2019#entry18776038

Back to puresurfr post...#11.......

"I buy every club made and they all are pretty good but I was really surprised by the PXG Gen2, it is the first fairway wood which has a chance of upending my Adams XTD.....It is the only club in my bag that has not been replaced.....ive changed irons about 30 times at least and drivers, a minimum of 40X and if you count shaft changes, a lot more than that.  The PXG is small headed which I like but the entire face is forgiving and the spin is super too low, in fact its probably too low for good golfers to employ but for me it just gives me tremendous distance !"

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

Meant to post this here as well, my brief review of the Gen 2 fairway and 2019 Aldila tour blue - again I think the fairways and hybrids are really the stars of this release and are better or at least as good as anything else out there:

So finally got to hit the Blue 70TX in my 3 wood tonight on a monitor (albeit not my usual trackman but a highly questionable monitor at a local bar). Anyway, I was really loving the feel of this. I compared it directly to a Tensei Pro Blue in the same session and can say I liked the feel and control of this much better. See some data below, all of these shots were off the deck off of mats (and again with a highly suspect monitor) so take it with a grain of salt. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a fairway shaft and happy to answer any other questions anyone has. My only slightly negative comment is that the butt section seems rather thin, so I may add an extra wrap or two when I regrip to get it feeling closer to my other clubs. I will try and post another update when I get back on Trackman. But overall, love the shaft and it is going straight in the bag for 2019, will seriously have to consider trying a green 60TX in the driver as well.

2019 Aldila Tour Blue 70TX, Playing 42.5" in a PXG 0341X GEN2 @ 16.5*, untipped, D7 swingweight:

Total Distance: 235-250 yards

Carry: 225-235 yards

Ball Speed: 135-145 mph

Club Speed: 100-107 mph

Launch: 11-14 degrees

Smash: 1.3-1.4

Apex: 23-26 yards

Looking for 0811 XF field reports and launch monitor data

How does the 0811 XF compare to Ping G400Max?

I know it is not the max, but I will soon be reporting back with a comparison to LST

Qi10 10.5LS AD-DI 6s
Ping G430 15* Max AD-DI 7s

Ping G430 19* Hybrid AD-DI85s
Srixon MKii Utility 4 22* AD-DI85s

Srixon ZX5 5-6, ZX7 7-PW Modus 120s

Cleveland RTX6 Tour Rack Raw 49, 55, 60 ACCRA i130

Ping PLD Ally Blue 35in 
Stitch SL2 Blue Camo

Looking for 0811 XF field reports and launch monitor data

How does the 0811 XF compare to Ping G400Max?

I know it is not the max, but I will soon be reporting back with a comparison to LST

For me personally the XF has a much more penetrating flight than I was getting with my Max. My max launched the ball extremely high, even when I had low launch shaft in it. The XF feels every bit as forgiving as the max but spins way less, especially on low and heel strikes. Also, my max had an extremely loud obnoxious sound and the XF sounds like a wooden bat. The gmax was a great club but I am definitely happy I made the switch

Does it make any sense to just use PXGs club and shaft selector for driver and fairway wood instead of getting custom fit? I ask since its going to be 3 weeks before a good club fitter in my area is available which will add to the already long delivery time. Also the price tag is already hi for me at $575 before the custom fitter fee is added in. Thanks.

Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5*

Does it make any sense to just use PXGs club and shaft selector for driver and fairway wood instead of getting custom fit? I ask since its going to be 3 weeks before a good club fitter in my area is available which will add to the already long delivery time. Also the price tag is already hi for me at $575 before the custom fitter fee is added in. Thanks.

Go on PXG website and sign up to be custom fit, someone will reach out to you very fast and its free.

They are all over the USA and from what ive heard, its a very thorough process without the pressure of purchasing.

However, seeing that it is a free service, it would entice me more to purchase the club right after fitting as id feel guilty lol.

If you buy the driver, it doesn't cost anything to get fit. I think it is well worth it to get fit. They hook you up to a trackman outdoors and spend a great deal of time to get the exact fit. It is such a fun process I think it would be worth the wait IMO.

The online fitting actually got the right shaft that I ended up buying, however it fit me into the X head. During the actual fitting, we decided that the XF was the better option for me.

I reached out to PXG on like a Monday, was contacted within 24 hours and had the fitting set up for the Friday that same week. It doesn't always happen that fast, but they have a vast network of fitters that should be able get you in pretty quickly.

Awesome. Wasn't aware of the free PXG fitting. Just now I have to be certain the PXD driver and fairway wood are the best option since I wont be demoing other OEMs. Thanks.

Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5*

Go on PXG website and sign up to be custom fit, someone will reach out to you very fast and its free.

They are all over the USA and from what ive heard, its a very thorough process without the pressure of purchasing.

However, seeing that it is a free service, it would entice me more to purchase the club right after fitting as id feel guilty lol.

Will these fitters have all options. Like the 12* and 14* driver lofts ?

Ping G430 Max 10.5 Tensei Orange AV Raw 55 Reg

Ping G430 SFT 5w 19* Alta Black Reg

Ping G430 SFT 7w 23* Alta Black Reg

Tour Edge Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design G-Series Reg

Ping G425 6-UW Alta Slate Reg

Ping Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* DG Spinner

Cleveland Smart Sole C 4.0 

Ping 2023 Anser D

Handicap: 8.2

I played the Gen1 and now game the Gen2 XF Driver. IMO, it is worth the wait to get custom fit.

I went to PXG HQ in Phoenix for my fitting. Driver, 3 wood and hybrid were delivered in two weeks.

PXG Proto +, 10.5 turned to 9; Ventus 
PXG Gen4 3 metal ; Tensei Blue
PXG Gen4  5 metal;  Tensei Blue
PXG Gen4 hybrid; 21 degrees
PXG Gen4 Ps; 5-Gap with Nippon 950gh S
PXG Sugar Daddy wedges; 54 and 58; Nippon 950gh S

PXG 38” counter balanced, PXG Mustang

Titleist Pro V1x

Got my 0811x 9* with Pro Orange 60TX tipped 0.5" at 45.5" playing length after waiting 6 weeks.

Immediately took it to the course and set it to -1* -2.5* loft/lie, with 2 heavy weights forward (toe and heel) and 1 heavy weight back (middle). And the result was low bullet fades.

So I moved all the weights back to increase MOI, and the result was low bullet fades.

So next day out I moved adapter to PXG setting, i.e. standard loft and -3* flat lie. And the result was low bullet fades.

Overall, it is exactly what I was looking for. The best part is that when I am facing a downwind shot, I can tee the ball higher and hit a high (less low) bullet fade, get very good carry distance, but still got a ton of roll out with low spin and flat angle of descent.

Notes:

- I got "fit" for the driver at club champion, and the best word to describe the fitting there is "STUPID".

1. They didn't have 60TX shaft, only the 60S and 70TX.

2. Both shafts were producing high launch ~14-15* and high spin ~2900rpm +/- 500 rpms (on trackman indoor monitor with Pro V1 balls, i.e. my game ball). Just eyeballing it on the course, I think I am closer to 10-12* and low 2000 rpm. Indoors also showed high peak height, but on course is way lower than that.

3. The driver at club champion was built with a 60S shaft at 45.5" (my same playing length) and I asked him to Swingweight it and it came in at E1 (WTF?). When I picked up my "exact same" driver I asked to SW it and it came in at D4.5...

- Based on my CC indoor "fitting", I did order the driver through them (as a stock retail from PXG, without their stupid upcharge prices for puring). But it still sounds like CC can mix and match heads for that retail price. So we asked for 8.4* loft, lighter head to offset the 0.5" extra length, and 0.5" tipped shaft. I don't know if I got any of that to be honest, because the fitter asked for the lighter head to "bring SW down to D8 area", but it is just their stupid shaft connection system that IMO added 6 full SW points. Also, IMO their shaft connection system is effectively tip trimming their shafts by a full inch based on how it works.

- First time in my life, I may have a driver that goes too low and spins too little. It is perfect for what I wanted as:

1. I can tee it normally to hit a low bullet fade into the wind without having to do an awkward move that results in some bad misses.

2. I can tee it high and hit a high low spin bomb downwind that will carry and roll for miles.

3. I gained 14mph of clubhead speed in 6 months (half from injury recovery and other half from very hard work) from 99mph to 113mph. I am planning on gaining another 5mph by mid summer, so this will bring launch and spin up to fit me perfectly.

-Driver is very quiet and soft. Almost like hitting a forged blade. I am coming from Epic SZ and recently Epic Flash SZ, and it feels super soft compared to those 2.

- My typical miss is low heal and those shots do not fade any more than centered shots. Don't notice much drop off in distance on those misses. Feel is very similar and soft. Love the sound and feel of the driver.

- Side note: hit the longest drive of my life the first day I owned this driver: 385y laser measured in straight line. Details not important, lol (very downhill, downwind, 1 cart path strike), but it did carry a 305y (laser measured from tee) bunker lip by 20y to land on cart path. Hit the par 5 green in two for the first time in my life after playing that hole hundreds of times (used an 8 iron to get on the green, lol). So based on this one shot, it is a keeper and the Epic Flash is going to BST soon probably.

On a negative note, I did hit a couple of really ugly slice shots. But in both cases it was me and not the driver. It was a case of guarding against losing it left (my subconscious anti-left hold off release swing), and it is just a trust (that the club won't go left, which it doesn't) issue. I just need to trust and swing aggressively and I will be able to minimize those huge right misses. Also a matter of not being that familiar with Pro Orange shaft. My issue with my Epic SZ was that every now and then I would lose the ball way right (sometimes way left) on a swing that felt good to me, leaving me scratching my head. In the PXG case, I knew right away that the ball is going way left because of a very poor swing.

Got my 0811x 9* with Pro Orange 60TX tipped 0.5" at 45.5" playing length after waiting 6 weeks.

Immediately took it to the course and set it to -1* -2.5* loft/lie, with 2 heavy weights forward (toe and heel) and 1 heavy weight back (middle). And the result was low bullet fades.

So I moved all the weights back to increase MOI, and the result was low bullet fades.

So next day out I moved adapter to PXG setting, i.e. standard loft and -3* flat lie. And the result was low bullet fades.

Overall, it is exactly what I was looking for. The best part is that when I am facing a downwind shot, I can tee the ball higher and hit a high (less low) bullet fade, get very good carry distance, but still got a ton of roll out with low spin and flat angle of descent.

Notes:

- I got "fit" for the driver at club champion, and the best word to describe the fitting there is "STUPID".

2. Both shafts were producing high launch ~14-15* and high spin ~2900rpm +/- 500 rpms (on trackman indoor monitor with Pro V1 balls, i.e. my game ball). Just eyeballing it on the course, I think I am closer to 10-12* and low 2000 rpm. Indoors also showed high peak height, but on course is way lower than that.

3. The driver at club champion was built with a 60S shaft at 45.5" (my same playing length) and I asked him to Swingweight it and it came in at E1 (WTF?). When I picked up my "exact same" driver I asked to SW it and it came in at D4.5...

- Based on my CC indoor "fitting", I did order the driver through them (as a stock retail from PXG, without their stupid upcharge prices for puring). But it still sounds like CC can mix and match heads for that retail price. So we asked for 8.4* loft, lighter head to offset the 0.5" extra length, and 0.5" tipped shaft. I don't know if I got any of that to be honest, because the fitter asked for the lighter head to "bring SW down to D8 area", but it is just their stupid shaft connection system that IMO added 6 full SW points. Also, IMO their shaft connection system is effectively tip trimming their shafts by a full inch based on how it works.

- First time in my life, I may have a driver that goes too low and spins too little. It is perfect for what I wanted as:

1. I can tee it normally to hit a low bullet fade into the wind without having to do an awkward move that results in some bad misses.

2. I can tee it high and hit a high low spin bomb downwind that will carry and roll for miles.

3. I gained 14mph of clubhead speed in 6 months (half from injury recovery and other half from very hard work) from 99mph to 113mph. I am planning on gaining another 5mph by mid summer, so this will bring launch and spin up to fit me perfectly.

-Driver is very quiet and soft. Almost like hitting a forged blade. I am coming from Epic SZ and recently Epic Flash SZ, and it feels super soft compared to those 2.

- My typical miss is low heal and those shots do not fade any more than centered shots. Don't notice much drop off in distance on those misses. Feel is very similar and soft. Love the sound and feel of the driver.

- Side note: hit the longest drive of my life the first day I owned this driver: 385y laser measured in straight line. Details not important, lol (very downhill, downwind, 1 cart path strike), but it did carry a 305y (laser measured from tee) bunker lip by 20y to land on cart path. Hit the par 5 green in two for the first time in my life after playing that hole hundreds of times (used an 8 iron to get on the green, lol). So based on this one shot, it is a keeper and the Epic Flash is going to BST soon probably.

On a negative note, I did hit a couple of really ugly slice shots. But in both cases it was me and not the driver. It was a case of guarding against losing it left (my subconscious anti-left hold off release swing), and it is just a trust (that the club won't go left, which it doesn't) issue. I just need to trust and swing aggressively and I will be able to minimize those huge right misses. Also a matter of not being that familiar with Pro Orange shaft. My issue with my Epic SZ was that every now and then I would lose the ball way right (sometimes way left) on a swing that felt good to me, leaving me scratching my head. In the PXG case, I knew right away that the ball is going way left because of a very poor swing.

Great detail, congrats on the club head speed increase. Any chance you could share the exercises, etc that gave you such a massive increase?

G400 Max 9* Ventus Red 5X, SIM Ventus Red 6X 

Callaway Mavrik 4 (18*) - AW (46*) Project X 5.5

Vokey SM4 50* SM5 56*

Cameron Phantom 5S

Took my 0811XF 10.5 out for the first time on the course yesterday and it was a great first experience. I put an Elements Chrome 6F5T in mine because I always gravitate back to that shaft as it works really well for me. The flight was nice and piercing and it may be 5-10 yards longer than my G400 LST 10. I played about 11 holes after work yesterday and hit it on 6 of those holes and hit all 6 fairways. I know feel is subjective, but man this thing feels real nice Clark! The G400 LST has been in the bag for a long time now and may have lost its spot for the time being. More to come on the Gen2 3 wood...

Qi10 10.5LS AD-DI 6s
Ping G430 15* Max AD-DI 7s

Ping G430 19* Hybrid AD-DI85s
Srixon MKii Utility 4 22* AD-DI85s

Srixon ZX5 5-6, ZX7 7-PW Modus 120s

Cleveland RTX6 Tour Rack Raw 49, 55, 60 ACCRA i130

Ping PLD Ally Blue 35in 
Stitch SL2 Blue Camo

Notes:

Great detail, congrats on the club head speed increase. Any chance you could share the exercises, etc that gave you such a massive increase?

In the end it was just a bunch of really hard work: working out (very high intensity) 6-7 days a week. Stretching 7 days a week, many times a day. Foam Rolling, eating very healthy, losing 30lbs. And once you gained a lot of strength and flexibility, you can only gain swing speed by swinging fast. So go to the range and swing driver as hard as you can and hit the ball as far as you can 1-3x per week. Important to buy a swing speed radar for $100 to get feedback, so you know if you are actually swinging faster and not just trying harder. Absolutely need feedback to make gains much more efficiently.

I tried the superspeedgolf program, but it is not necessary and just led to an injury. I don't recommend it. You can swing a gripped shaft after you are super warm as well; once again using the SSR to get feedback.

Most important thing is to swing something faster than the day before, and to do it while you are super limber and loose.

Oh, and I made some swing changes too. Revolving mostly around getting a lot more shoulder turn, width, and hands higher on backswing. It was/is a lot of very hard work to get muscles to move further than ever before. Still a work in progress.

If I laid out exactly what I did, 99% of the most avid golfers would pass; as it is a hard work. You can do a short cut and just swing driver super fast on range 1-2x per week and make it a goal to swing faster every time out. But I focus on fitness aspect of it to minimize chance of injury and to actually have the strength to control all of the newfound speed; so that I can hit the ball further but actually more accurately as well.

Has anyone else able to overcome the huge swing weights these drivers come out at - D8 mine is at with a 68g shaft at 45.25 playing length? Is it the head or adapter? Do they make a lighter sleeve?

Really want to dial this driver in...

Thanks

Callaway Tour Issue Paradym TD-S 8.5 (7.9) - Fujikura Ventus Black TR 5X

TaylorMade TOUR Stealth 2 15 - Fujikura Ventus Red TR 7X
PXG 0317X Gen 5 19  (Actual 17.5) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 8X
PXG 0311X Gen 5 -  Fujikura Ventus Blue 9X

PXG 0317T - 4 - LAGP L-Series (5) X
Miura KM-700  5-PW - LAGP L-Series (5) X
PXG Milled "Sugar Daddy 2 " 50,54,60 - DG TI S400
Scotty Cameron Holiday LTD (23}/ LAGP 135 (White)

Has anyone else able to overcome the huge swing weights these drivers come out at - D8 mine is at with a 68g shaft at 45.25 playing length? Is it the head or adapter? Do they make a lighter sleeve?

Thanks

Could try lighter screw weights in the head, lighter or counterbalanced shaft or shorten the shaft will all bring the SW down.

Ping G430 Max 10.5 Tensei Orange AV Raw 55 Reg

Ping G430 SFT 5w 19* Alta Black Reg

Ping G430 SFT 7w 23* Alta Black Reg

Tour Edge Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design G-Series Reg

Ping G425 6-UW Alta Slate Reg

Ping Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* DG Spinner

Cleveland Smart Sole C 4.0 

Ping 2023 Anser D

Handicap: 8.2

Thanks

It's not the adapter. The head is heavy like the G400 LST 206g, putting in a heavier non-counterbalanced shaft will bring the swing weight up. This site has plenty of swing weight threads to read to gain an understanding of the mechanics behind changing swing weight.

Thanks

Mine came in at D4.5 Swingweight and I have mine even longer at 45.5". I did get the counterbalanced PO shaft, but from what I have read it is not like the PO really reduces SW that much. In my case I am 4 SW points lower than you, and another 0.25" adds 1.5SW points as well. So it is not like the PO shaft is responsible for 5.5SW points lower.

What happened is when I ordered through Club Champion my fitter asked for a lighter head. Even though I bought "stock retail" PXG with PO at $700 retail price (instead of $1100 CC price for same combo with pureing and their voodoo magic), CC did get me a lighter head. They also asked for 8.4* loft, but I have no way of verifying that one. It is possible I got a cherry picked head and that is why I am seeing very low ball flight.

All in all, big shout out to Club Champion for doing this for me. I have been less than pleased with their fitting process (as the test clubs have like 6SW points more due to their proprietary adapter system) and the numbers on trackman are way different than what I am experiencing on the course. Which is actually a blessing. I didn't believe CC Trackman data that I am launching this combo 15* angle and 3000rpm almost. On course it looks more like 10-12* at 1800 - 2400 rpm (wild a.. guess - WAG).

I could have ordered my driver cheaper online, but I gave CC my business for this exact reason. So just FYI, there is a benefit to going through club champion as they can pick heads.

I will check my head weight when I get home. Is the 206g head number quoted on the website with or without adapter?