Srixon z565

12345679»

Comments

• KT35KT35 Members  29WRX Points: 25Handicap: 12.2Posts: 29 Bunkers
    I just ordered a set of Srixon Z565 5-AW with modus 120's in stiff. Hopefully it doesn't take to long to get them in. I have been hitting them for the past few weeks in the simulator and really like them. I like my ping G's but the sole is just to darn big and to much offset.

KT
    Posted:
    Taylormade (17) M2, AD GP-6S
    Taylormade M2 3W Matrix Red Tie S
    910 Hybrid 19* Whiteboard +S
    Srixon Z565 5-GW
    Volkey SM5 56
    Scotty 34in Squareback
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • dhen9dhen9 Members  815WRX Points: 163Posts: 815 Golden Tee
    Just finished my first range sessions with 565 vs my XR Steelhead Pro. The specs are identical loft, length, lie but the 565 felt noticably heavier. Again, l/l/l all same but just couldn't find the center of the face with the 565. I also had a terrible tendency to finish a decent amount more left with the Srixon. I really want to like and to game these but don't know if I can get past the weight/swingweight.
    Posted:
  • Carolina Golfer 2Carolina Golfer 2 Members  9376WRX Points: 447Posts: 9,376 Titanium Tees
    JTD0314 wrote:

DeacLaw05 wrote:

I'll add that I bent my set 2* weak across the board. I like the gapping better that way.

How is the bounce now that you adjusted them weak?

I actually spoke to a rep at Srixon on this exact question. His reply. Yes it affects the bounce, but in such a minuscule way, you won't notice any playability difference at all. Having had them in play for almost two months, he was correct.
    Posted:
    Titleist TS1 10.5 Fubuki 45g Sr Flex
    PING G410 FW SFT 3, 7 and  G410 9 
    PING G410 Hybrid 5 
    PING G700 6-W KBS Alta CB R
    Vokey  50.10, 54.10 58..12
    Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 

• oddbenoddben Members  2WRX Points: 0Posts: 2
    Not sure if better asked in a separate thread but...

Has anybody an idea what the Swing Weight for the z565 would be with the NS Pro 950GH and the Golf Pride MCC Midsize would be?

Srixon lists stock shaft (NS Pro 980GH DST) and stock grips (Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360) to achieve a D2 Swing Weight.
    Posted:
  • Puttersaurus RexPuttersaurus Rex one swing at a time Members  905WRX Points: 260Posts: 905 Golden Tee
    oddben wrote:

Has anybody an idea what the Swing Weight for the z565 would be with the NS Pro 950GH and the Golf Pride MCC Midsize would be?

Srixon lists stock shaft (NS Pro 980GH DST) and stock grips (Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360) to achieve a D2 Swing Weight.

Welcome to the forum. The MCC midsize should reduce the SW by a couple points. This is not a real SW reduction though, as the heavier grip "tricks" the swingweight scale.

Srixon "tries" to match SW, but they are no where near Mizuno or Ping in terms of the custom build department.
    Posted:
    Have fun - ready golf - repair/replace divots & ball marks - FORE! as needed
  • soflasofla Members  1694WRX Points: 124Posts: 1,694 Platinum Tees

oddben wrote:

Welcome to the forum. The MCC midsize should reduce the SW by a couple points. This is not a real SW reduction though, as the heavier grip "tricks" the swingweight scale.

Srixon "tries" to match SW, but they are no where near Mizuno or Ping in terms of the custom build department.

...and the stock shaft is counter balance or has high balance point so the same weight in non HBP shaft may be more
    Posted:
    Ping G410 LST
    Titleist TS2 16.5
    Srixon H85 19 & 22
    Srixon 585 5-7, 785 8-aw
    Callaway MD3 54 & PM Grind '19 58
    Bettinardi Studio Stock 38

Advertisement
  • oddbenoddben Members  2WRX Points: 0Posts: 2
    sofla wrote:

oddben wrote:

...and the stock shaft is counter balance or has high balance point so the same weight in non HBP shaft may be more

Thanks so much for the input so far. I am a little bit lost with this, while being super intrigued image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Maybe i have a slight misconception about this but i am sure one of you guys already has the answer.

If I order clubs "custom built" in a proper online shop, i always assumed that the online shop only places the order with srixon and srixon themselves would built the clubs to the "custom specs"? So it would come down to the tolerances and how hard the "try" to match SW?
    Posted:
  • i*windowsi*windows Members  2286WRX Points: 248Handicap: 12.3Posts: 2,286 Platinum Tees
    played last week with a guy who had these clubs and they look great and the sound off the face is stellar, I just don't know if they would perform any better than my Nike Covert 2 forged, and I would want steelfibre shafts or recoil. Does anyone play these with recoil or sf and maybe also played with the Nike Clubs? its very hard to find a set to demo in Munich
    Posted:
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Just hit the **** ball.[/font]
    TM R1
    Adams Tight lies 2 5w
    Cleveland Mashie 5h
    Nike Covert Forged 2, 6-PW
    Lynx Prowler VT 5-PW
    Cleveland 588 Tour Action 51*
    MD Golf Seve Sedona 58*
    Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini.
  • Puttersaurus RexPuttersaurus Rex one swing at a time Members  905WRX Points: 260Posts: 905 Golden Tee
    oddben wrote:

sofla wrote:

oddben wrote:

Thanks so much for the input so far. I am a little bit lost with this, while being super intrigued image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Maybe i have a slight misconception about this but i am sure one of you guys already has the answer.

If I order clubs "custom built" in a proper online shop, i always assumed that the online shop only places the order with srixon and srixon themselves would built the clubs to the "custom specs"? So it would come down to the tolerances and how hard the "try" to match SW?

Yes, your statement is correct.
    Posted:
  • ws6ws6 Pacific Dunes Members  2348WRX Points: 133Posts: 2,348 Platinum Tees
    i*windows wrote:

played last week with a guy who had these clubs and they look great and the sound off the face is stellar, I just don't know if they would perform any better than my Nike Covert 2 forged, and I would want steelfibre shafts or recoil. Does anyone play these with recoil or sf and maybe also played with the Nike Clubs? its very hard to find a set to demo in Munich

I play the VR-S forged and really like them. I too want to get a set of the 565. I'll probably order them with the Modus 105 shafts, but I have a set of i95 shafts that I'll install.
    Posted:
  • Lefty431Lefty431 Members  1138WRX Points: 137Posts: 1,138 Platinum Tees
    I haven't read this entire thread, but has anyone weakened the lofts of their 565s? I'm having a huge gapping issue from my 44* pw to my 50* gap wedge? My pw is around 135 carry, then my gap is around 115.. 20 yards is entirely to big of a gap! I was thinking of weaken tow pw, but then I need to do my lower irons as well! Suggestions??
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Driver: 9* Callaway Rogue sub zero w/ hzrdus yellow 6.5
    3w: 15* Callaway epic w/ aldila rogue 110 s flex
    Hybrid: 19* Mizuno Jpx 900 w/ fujikura s flex
    DI:  Adams dhy 21* w/ aldilla green S flex
    Irons: Mizuno mp 18 sc 5-pw w/ Nippon modus 3 120x
    Wedges: Vokey sm7 raw 50 F, 55 S, 60 M w/ dynamic gold black s400
    Putter: Scotty Cameron newport 3 w/ super stroke

Advertisement
  • chinaskichinaski Dios mio, man. Members  422WRX Points: 116Posts: 422 Greens
    Lefty431 wrote:
    I haven't read this entire thread, but has anyone weakened the lofts of their 565s? I'm having a huge gapping issue from my 44* pw to my 50* gap wedge? My pw is around 135 carry, then my gap is around 115.. 20 yards is entirely to big of a gap! I was thinking of weaken tow pw, but then I need to do my lower irons as well! Suggestions??

That's what kept me from even considering the 545/565 short irons. I like 5-6 degree gaps between wedges since I like to flight them for different distances, but I don't like 44 pw though. 46 is ideal. 46/52/58 is perfect for me. If you don't like that 20 yard gap I would bent 1*weak on pw and 1* strong on gap for closer to 14 yards. Or just get a different gap wedge.
    Posted:
    Ping Hoofer:

M2 9.5˚ - Kuro Kage Silver TiNi DC 60 
    ST190 3W 15˚/18˚ Atmos Blue TS 7S
    Z U45 23˚ Nippon NS Pro 1150
    Z745 5-PW DG S300
    Z765 51/MD4 56S/60C

Toulon Las Vegas H7

Z-Star XV
    Lefty431 wrote:

I ordered mine 1 degree weak from Srixon. No issues.

Instead of adjusting all of your irons, maybe bending the gap wedge strong would be easier?
    Posted:
  • Ripken08Ripken08 Members  4402WRX Points: 235Handicap: 6ishPosts: 4,402 BST Banned
    Bump...

Still rockin' these?
    Posted:
  • UnteachableUnteachable North MississippiBST Volunteer Mods  1256WRX Points: 220Handicap: 8Posts: 1,256 Platinum Tees
    Ripken08 wrote:

Bump...

Still rockin' these?

ive had mine about 6 weeks; i don't know if going back to the nice heavier dynamic gold s300 has been what has made the difference for me but I am hitting these so much better than my i25's with px 5.5. they are longer because of lofts but so much straighter and easier to flight down when needed
    Posted:
  • jdang307jdang307 Members  206WRX Points: 38Posts: 206 Fairways
    Can these be bent for lie angles? I'm shorter, with long arms of course. I game M2's but they are long and when I get into my stance the toe is very high off the ground. I didn't know why my wedges kept going hard left, straight, I kept thinking it was technique but someone said it is the lie angle. It's too upright. So glad I know now (distance was good but left everytime)

I asked about bending them at a shop and they say the M2s may be prone to cracking if they bend them.

So I need a GI iron set still, but something that can be bent. These are forged and can be, right?
    Posted:

Advertisement
    jdang307 wrote:

Can these be bent for lie angles? I'm shorter, with long arms of course. I game M2's but they are long and when I get into my stance the toe is very high off the ground. I didn't know why my wedges kept going hard left, straight, I kept thinking it was technique but someone said it is the lie angle. It's too upright. So glad I know now (distance was good but left everytime)

I asked about bending them at a shop and they say the M2s may be prone to cracking if they bend them.

So I need a GI iron set still, but something that can be bent. These are forged and can be, right?

Yes, these can be bent. In the Srixon custom catalog, it mentions that the lie angle can be bent up to 3 degrees either way.
    Posted:
    Shoot I might need all 3 degrees image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
    Posted:
  • PlatoonPlatoon Members  174WRX Points: 50Handicap: 10.8Posts: 174 Fairways
    Srixon has a special right now for free upgrade on all upcharge metal shafts. Good time to buy right now...
    Posted:
    Driver: Cobra F7
    Irons: Srixon 565's Steelfibers I95
    3 Wood: Callaway Octane Tour 15*
    Wedges:Wishon HM's SteelFiber i110
    Hybrid: Cobra 20* Putter: Ping Craz-E
    Bag: Sun Mountain C-130
  • pjcpjc In The Middle Members  613WRX Points: 106Posts: 613 Golden Tee
    Platoon wrote:

Srixon has a special right now for free upgrade on all upcharge metal shafts. Good time to buy right now...

Ummmm...? Always has been my friend, not new.
    Posted:
    Srixon Z-TX 10.5* OG MRC Diamana BB 63 S
    Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5 wood 18* MPF Pro Series FWY S
    Srixon Z 565 4-PW Nippon NS Pro 980GH DST S
    Cleveland CBX 50* and 56* TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge/S
    Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 Rossie black/Lamkin deep etched
    Srixon Z-STAR
    So I'm visiting friends and they take me to Haggin Oaks in Sacramento. Man, I don't think they have anything like this in San Diego (if they do, I need to go find it). Essentially every golf line, available to take to the range to try out, for free.

Tried Titlelist MB, TMB, TM P770, Srixon 565, 765, 965. It got so hot outside or I would have tried more. My buddy is a monster swinger so he's the one that checked out the muscle backs.

I'm a new golfer, but have gotten to the point I can hit my irons decently. Didn't think I could hit the blades, and they're not right for me, but I was able to hit them off the mat. And yes, gaming them is different than trying them on a mat but I have to start somewhere. I thought I wouldn't even be able to get them off the ground but I was surprised.

I really wanted to like the P770's but didn't like them. Did not like the feel.

Anyways, the best clubs for me were the Srixon 565 and Titleist T-MB, surprisingly. Most consistent with these two and hit them the farthest. I actually liked the 965 more than the 756 for some weird reason. Keeping in mind I'm not good, this was not a fitting, and was just off the shelf with stiff shafts (I have used regular flex shafts to this point).

So I'm going to get a set of Z565's and work on my game. They feel nice, look nice, and I can't wait to see what effect the turf interaction is with the sole (vs my M2s).
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • Ripken08Ripken08 Members  4402WRX Points: 235Handicap: 6ishPosts: 4,402 BST Banned
    Anyone had issues with these digging too much?
    Posted:
  • FmaxTurboSiFmaxTurboSi Members  228WRX Points: 77Handicap: 8Posts: 228 Fairways
    Ordered 565's with nippon modus shafts. I really wanted to try a set of kbs' this time around, but I've heard tons of good stuff about the modus. So I'm gonna give them a shot
    Posted:
    Cobra SZ 9* Hzrdus smoke yellow 6.5
    Mavrik SZ 3w Hzrdus yellow 6.5
    Super Hybrid 20* Tensei PO xstiff
    MP-20 hmb 3-6 amt tour white
    MP-20 mb 7-p amt tour white
    $hopping for wedges
    Odyssey SL Triple Track 2-ball
    Bennington QO9 Lite
    Snell mtb-x

• NorwichBananaNorwichBanana Members  146WRX Points: 0Handicap: 7.9Posts: 146
    No Issues with digging t all. can't find a fault in my whatsoever!!
    Posted:
    Dec - Mar >> 21.2
    Apr >> 21.2, 20.1, 18.6, 18.0
    May >> 18.0, 16.2, 15.7, 14.2, 14.3
    Jun >> 14.3, 13.1, 12.1, 11.5, 11.6
    Jul >> 11.6, 11.4, 10.8
    Aug >> 10.8, 9.2, 7.4
    Sep >> 7.4, 7.5, 7.6, 7.7
    Oct >>> 7.7, 7.8, 7.9

Royal Norwich Golf Club. Par 70 (35 & 35). 06/08/2017 - Broke 80 for the 1st time. Shooting 72 (36 & 36). 4 Birdies, 10 Pars, 2 Bogeys and 2 Double Bogeys. This included a drop and a shank!

Srixon Z765 11.5* - August 2017
    Srixon Z565 4-Pw - Jan 2017
    Cleveland RTX 3.0 50*10, 54*11, 58*06 - May 2017

Odyssey O-Works 1 SS Pistol Putter - July 2017
    Srixon AD333 Tour - May 2017
  • leopoldstotchleopoldstotch Members  356WRX Points: 3Handicap: 21Posts: 356 Bunkers

Ordered 565's with nippon modus shafts. I really wanted to try a set of kbs' this time around, but I've heard tons of good stuff about the modus. So I'm gonna give them a shot

I just got my Z565s in the Modus3 105 in Regular.

I did try them against the KBS tour 90 in stiff. Honest the shafts felt very similar in flex. With my relative inconsistent swing, it felt better with the modus, but i got more height with the KBS.

Hard to say because of my swing, but I took the clubs out to the range yesterday and they felt great!

Can't wait to play on the grass.
    Posted:
    Taylormade M2 Driver (2016)
    Callaway XR16 3 Wood

Cobra Fly Z 5 Wood
    Srixon H45 4 Hybrid

Srixon Z565 5-AW
    Cleveland RTX 3 54/58
    Taylormade Spider Tour Red
  • therealjonzonetherealjonzone Members  2709WRX Points: 331Handicap: 2.9Posts: 2,709 Titanium Tees
    Gents, if you're looking for a standard set of 765, with PX 6.0, 4-GW please PM Me
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • moadhiamoadhia Members  302WRX Points: 79Handicap: 9Posts: 302 Greens
    I am interested in knowing how people are dealing with distance gaps at the top and low end of their bags ? 2* loft difference between 3-5 iron and a 44* pw make me nervous. I already have a set from 3-pw with dg s300 .

Did you bend your gap wedge (50*) a degree stronger or weaken the pw ?
    Posted:
  • mx-20mx-20 Members  585WRX Points: 123Posts: 585 Golden Tee
    Just bought a set 5-P. Pairing with 50° Cleveland CBX. I may get the AW to compare.

Went with TT XP105 S300. My dispersion was better compared to Nippon Modus 105. I like the feel of the Nippons but I was laying the XP's in a much tighter circle.
    Posted:
    Titleist TS2 9.5° HZRDUS Smoke Black 60 S
    Titleist TS2 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 S
    Titleist TS2 19° HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 S
    Cleveland Launcher UHX 4-D DG DST 98
    Cleveland CBX2 54° DG 115 Wedge
    Cleveland CBX Full Face 58 DG 115 Wedge
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Select Fastback 34"
  • LandyLandy ClubWRX  2265WRX Points: 149Posts: 2,265 ClubWRX
    gmiller598 wrote:

GolfNuts4 wrote:

rjp322 wrote:

Anyone gaming the Miyazaki shafts? I just ordered a set of the 565 with these shafts because I hit the hybrid so **** well and the utility iron as well. Figured I'll gamble on the shafts.
    Yes, I am playing them. I love the Miyazaki shafts, not too light either at 85 grams. Perform well for me.

Same for me as well. These are my first graphite iron shafts but they are not flimsy at all. A good weight and nice and stable. I'm using the R shafts and I like them quite well.

Hello - Has anyone put the Kaula Iron shafts up against the Recoil 760 ES's?

Thank you
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • LandyLandy ClubWRX  2265WRX Points: 149Posts: 2,265 ClubWRX
    Landy wrote:

gmiller598 wrote:

GolfNuts4 wrote:

rjp322 wrote:

Anyone gaming the Miyazaki shafts? I just ordered a set of the 565 with these shafts because I hit the hybrid so **** well and the utility iron as well. Figured I'll gamble on the shafts.
    Yes, I am playing them. I love the Miyazaki shafts, not too light either at 85 grams. Perform well for me.

Same for me as well. These are my first graphite iron shafts but they are not flimsy at all. A good weight and nice and stable. I'm using the R shafts and I like them quite well.

Hello - Has anyone put the Kaula Iron shafts up against the Recoil 760 ES's?

Thank you

Sorry in a set of z585s...
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.