Jason Day. Out not with a bang but with a whimper.

Force_Majeur

It looks like his back injury didn't keep him from making a trip to the Magic Kingdom today

D1J_2DzX0AEnPF3.jpg

D1KFcUkW0AEO-zg.jpg

I get the paparazzi pic which is the first one, but how do we have a copy of the second pic??

Someone stalked him to wait for him to go on a ride and then they took a photo of the photo display at the end. Funny but strange and sad at the same time that people go through that kind of effort or care enough. I mean the dude is enjoying Disney with his family and people have to intrigue for their own personal pleasure.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like his back injury didn't keep him from making a trip to the Magic Kingdom today

D1J_2DzX0AEnPF3.jpg

D1KFcUkW0AEO-zg.jpg

I get the paparazzi pic which is the first one, but how do we have a copy of the second pic??

Someone stalked him to wait for him to go on a ride and then they took a photo of the photo display at the end. Funny but strange and sad at the same time that people go through that kind of effort or care enough. I mean the dude is enjoying Disney with his family and people have to intrigue for their own personal pleasure.

It is weird that he was being stalked and didnt know it. They took a pic hiding behind that "pole" then followed him to a ride and waited for the disney pic to show up

D1J_2DzX0AEnPF3.jpg

D1KFcUkW0AEO-zg.jpg

It is weird that he was being stalked and didnt know it. They took a pic hiding behind that "pole" then followed him to a ride and waited for the disney pic to show up

The guy that’s taking the picture I assume is with his family also, I mean who goes there alone? So are that guys wife and kids stalking to? Or are they waiting while daddy stalks? Or did daddy take a potty break that took longer than normal?

Back injury again. He just withdrew from API. He is never healthy enough to really get in gear. Is this basically the end of Jason Day? Soon he'll just be on medical leave waiting to get better, and time will move on. Quite a shame because he could've been one of the greats.

I somehow never think he is as bad off as he lets on. Seems to be a bit of a drama queen.

No question in my mind.

Obviously, the dude pays for himself and his caddy and sometimes his family to travel to events that could pay him millions, and then fakes an injury and bails.

Good strategy if you hate money, fame, trophies, etc.

Less good if you're a pro athlete, but..... I'm sure that's what's happening.

And that's too bad because I agree with the OP - he could have been one of the greats.

You take the kids on a trip to Florida from Ohio in the winter and they are looking forward to Disney World, you bet dad is tagging along even if his back hurts. Good on him.

This is truth. Been there done that.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: PXG 0311XF Gen 5 4 Wood; Smoke iM10 Green 70 TX D6

Irons: PXG 0317X; PXG 0311T Gen 5; 5-GW DG 105 X D7

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

The dude pushed his body to the limits working out and became #1 in the world. Now he is injured because of it. Call me crazy but i would take that tradeoff, he cashed in on that hard work while it lasted.

Nonsense. Working out has nothing to do with it.

Restricted hip turn in backswing and violent downswing more likely the culprit.

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

By his body type I can’t imagine his workouts or diets being very intense. A “workout” likely includes band work, stretching, and maybe some calisthenics.

“I started out the year in quite good shape, but my upper body was almost too big,” Day said. “For golf, you can’t have a big upper body and a small lower one. You’ve got to have big strong legs and a strong core. I do a lot of squats, do a lot trap-bar deadlifts, and a lot of sumo deadlifts.”

https://www.mensjournal.com/sports/how-7-golfers-train-blast-powerful-drives-pga-tour/3-brooks-koepa/

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (DI-95X, PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 50*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

By his body type I can’t imagine his workouts or diets being very intense. A “workout” likely includes band work, stretching, and maybe some calisthenics.

“I started out the year in quite good shape, but my upper body was almost too big,” Day said. “For golf, you can’t have a big upper body and a small lower one. You’ve got to have big strong legs and a strong core. I do a lot of squats, do a lot trap-bar deadlifts, and a lot of sumo deadlifts.”

https://www.mensjournal.com/sports/how-7-golfers-train-blast-powerful-drives-pga-tour/3-brooks-koepa/

Maybe in his mind ; )

JD like

For an Aussie he lacks backbone and fighting spirit.

Exactly . He may well have an injury now but a few years ago he was always talking about every illness that came his way and affected his performance .

Take some tablets and deal with it...you're an elite sportsman.

tenor.gif

The Australian sense of machismo fascinates me.

The dude pushed his body to the limits working out and became #1 in the world. Now he is injured because of it. Call me crazy but i would take that tradeoff, he cashed in on that hard work while it lasted.

Nonsense. Working out has nothing to do with it.

Restricted hip turn in backswing and violent downswing more likely the culprit.

Swinging over 120mph is tough on your body no more how smooth or violent it looks. The weight room helped him get to that speed.

Ping G400 Max 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
Ping G400 3 crossover Alta stiff
Callaway Apex 4-SW recoil 780 stiff
Cleveland cbx 60* recoil stiff
Biomech Acculock
Snell MTB Black

With all this talk of colder weather with The Players being in March and not May, I sure hope that he doesn't pick up a bad case of the sniffles!!

In all seriousness, I have never quite been able to get my head around Day. One minute, he looks like he is a world beater and he was rightly the World Number 1. That stretch of golf that he had from mid way through 2015 through 2016 was just incredible. The fire in the belly seems to have gone now. It's understandable. He is absolutely loaded, lovely wife, three kids. The desire levels must have slipped. I'm going to call it now, he will never be the player that he was in 2016 and he'll never be world number one again.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

Longevity in golf does not seem possible with modern tempo/speed. Is a shorter ball better for all?

Isn’t a speed issue persay. It’s the extreme unnatural angles they create coupled with the high speed transition.

Day doesn’t rotate hips much at all. I never hit it like him but I had similar issues, I’m two hip labral repair and two herniated now. If he think he can’t walk now...

I feel like a lot of the old timers took a good crack at it. Jack and Arnie didn’t leave much in the tank and they played for a long long time. It just seemed like maybe their swings were more free flowing when compared to Day.

The longer swings with exaggerated turns and movement seemed to have limited injuries for many.... Jack, Phil, Daly. Day's back issues were inevitable with the way he forces that much torque by limiting hip movement while maximizing shoulder turn.

Longevity in golf does not seem possible with modern tempo/speed. Is a shorter ball better for all?

Isn’t a speed issue persay. It’s the extreme unnatural angles they create coupled with the high speed transition.

Day doesn’t rotate hips much at all. I never hit it like him but I had similar issues, I’m two hip labral repair and two herniated now. If he think he can’t walk now...

I feel like a lot of the old timers took a good crack at it. Jack and Arnie didn’t leave much in the tank and they played for a long long time. It just seemed like maybe their swings were more free flowing when compared to Day.

The longer swings with exaggerated turns and movement seemed to have limited injuries for many.... Jack, Phil, Daly. Day's back issues were inevitable with the way he forces that much torque by limiting hip movement while maximizing shoulder turn.

Sam Snead. An "in and over" type of swing, over being that the downswing is slightly above the backswing plane. He certainly never lacked for distance.

Hale Irwin uses this type of swing, never has been injured to my knowledge and is still good in his 70s.

The late Bruce Lietzke used this type of swing and was legendary for his game always being there despite lack of practice. Lietzke would have won a bunch more if not for his putting. I believe there was one year where he was dead last in putting, first in GIR and tenth on the money list.

Golfers have often had a complex of sorts due to the fact that many don't consider them to be athletes. Now that so many of them are putting themselves through the same workout routines that athletes in other sports have followed for years, they may well find that their careers are over in their 30s just like the athletes in other sports. Is that really what they want?

I always appreciated the view of Bob Murphy, who said something along the lines of "I've had athlete's foot, so I guess that makes me an athlete."

At the end of the day, the truth is the guys that generate crazy clubhead speed are gifted, same as someone who can throw a baseball 95 MPH or a football 70 yards. If you don't have those gifts, it may be possible to get a little better in the gym, but it will never be to the extent that those who have those gifts can achieve.

I didn't believe that for the longest time, but I do now.

"You think we play the same stuff you do?"

--Rory McIlroy 

Live from the players just said he had 4 cortisone shots in his back after the API. That is crazy. I hope he knows that will end up breaking down his back more just because of what is in those shots.

Its to numb the sciatic nerve and alleviate the inflammation.its better than surgery but is only temporary unfortunately as i know all too well

Jack had bad hips and a bad back all through his career. I'm positive that guys in Jack's time were injured more than we know just because information wasn't spread as widely as today.

Jack had bad hips and a bad back all through his career. I'm positive that guys in Jack's time were injured more than we know just because information wasn't spread as widely as today.

It’s very true. Byron Nelson spent time at the mayo clinic during his historic run because his back hurt so much. It fits with my theory that the repetitive motion of a high speed golf swing, with any method, isn’t great for the back. Certain people are just blessed with great health and resilient bodies, others the opposite.

Live from the players just said he had 4 cortisone shots in his back after the API. That is crazy. I hope he knows that will end up breaking down his back more just because of what is in those shots.

Its to numb the sciatic nerve and alleviate the inflammation.its better than surgery but is only temporary unfortunately as i know all too well

He’s got a few weeks of really good golf swings ahead of him. Then probably back to this only slightly worse. The same thing happens when I previously got cortisone in my shoulders. I picked up 10 mph (100% serious) on my driver and swung amazing, but it was most certainly short term gain, long term pain (those few weeks of sleeping through the night were heavenly though).